Sievers Sidebar #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be an odd question, but are jail inmates allowed to access computers and do research on their pending cases? And do they have the ability to email their attorneys and vice versa? Since a DP attorney Messeore, has been added to the defense team (M or F stating they worked well with him) does MS have the ability/right to read Messeore's legal results/history....or does he just take attorneys M and F word that he is the best guy for the job?
Depending on how one decides to "spin" the info provided by atty Messeore.....lots of way to tell the stats.
Example: I saved half my clients from the death penalty. (But only had 6 cases)
My DP results are 50/50. (Won 3, Lost 3)
Judges compliment my hard work. (even when I do not prevail.)
It sure seems like a depressing job, because the case has to be horrible from day one to warrant the death penalty.
I can see where JRR might be a more sympathetic case for Life w/o Parole because of his age and both parents dying while he was still a minor. And being manipulated by "father figure" he met in prison. Hmmm, does that mean JRR gets a separate DP Attorney, too??? Good night to all of you....trying to imagine what it will be like to hear
CWW "tell all" in front of JRR and MS.

Good question IQ. There is or are some pilot programs across the US introducing limited communication and/or supervised internet access via tablets in jail. Lee county FL has no such provision. What they do have is the SmartJailMAil, an electronic messaging system designed to supplement standard postal mail.

I am not sure, if the jail allows limited and supervised computer access at this time. Honestly I doubt it. If they allowed every inmate waiting and preparing for trial to access the computer, they would have to have extra personnel besides the logistics to control what's being accessed.

Internet access without supervision, via a smartphone, is banned for all inmates in the US. No Social Media in jail, just social sm(iles)..;--)

-Nin

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_in_prisons
https://www.smartjailmail.com/

With Patrick now named as the Trustee, I believe some funds will be released that will help support the girls. Thank God. I imagine that until now, TS's family has had to support them out of their own pockets. I'm sure Patrick will keep a detailed accounting of all receipts and expenditures as related to the girls.

As far as Mark - he will have to request funds and I can pretty much guarantee that the Trustee (Patrick) won't approve releasing them for his defense. ;) If he appeals that request, I imagine the insurance company will fight it with a vengeance.

Thank God! This is 2 for 2. He lost custody of the girls and now booted as trustee. Let's make it 3 for 3 and that would be when he is found of guilty at his trial!

Dear beach – thank you for all you do for us! At one point I hopped over to another forum and the way everybody treated each other there scared me! I decided I'm going to stick with the TS thread and go back to reading books . LOL.

Dear beach – thank you for all you do for us! At one point I hopped over to another forum and the way everybody treated each other there scared me! I decided I'm going to stick with the TS thread and go back to reading books . LOL.

Which thread sister? Just post and then scroll and roll if drama happens......

There are police all over on Jarvis right now. The Siever's home has been broken into :(

Who would be stupid enough to break in there? I wonder if there is even anything left in that house?

Some one from Mark's family? I doubt it but perhaps the sp(s) thought there might be an item that had value left in the house since most ppl know it is vacant.

If family members had to use masks to retrieve their items awhile ago then the sp(s)have a good chance of getting sick. Dumb criminals.

What if MS had someone break in to steal something for him? Maybe not likely but just a thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Who would be stupid enough to break in there? I wonder if there is even anything left in that house?

I'm sure valuables & keepsakes have been removed, but no large items have ever been moved out. The family was last there are April 6 wearing the protective clothing, etc., BUT, there were 4 individuals there on May 6th loading up a pickup. They did not have protective items over their clothing. It was assumed they were family, so I chose not to sleuth. LCSO has been notified.

Color me cynical but the timing is a bit too coincidental for my liking considering Mark just lost the Probate matter this week. :whistle:

I'm sure valuables & keepsakes have been removed, but no large items have ever been moved out. The family was last there are April 6 wearing the protective clothing, etc., BUT, there were 4 individuals there on May 6th loading up a pickup. They did not have protective items over their clothing. It was assumed they were family, so I chose not to sleuth. LCSO has been notified.

Sadly drug addicts find "value" in all kinds of things. Anything they can pawn, be it an interesting bowl, spoon etc. Although who knows in this case what the goal was.

I missed the part about the family being there in protective clothing. Why would they need that now? Wasn't the home cleaned up before?

There has been motions regarding the property on the court website. The docs are sealed though.

I am going to generate a new topical thread on the burglary. This Sidebar thread is getting long. Need to open a new Sidebar too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288