GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't seen him yet as my schedule has been crazy hopefully this weekend or mid week next week

It has always been my opinion that a family member committed these murders.

You lost me Dancin, I have been having so much trouble posting and such, what setting do I need and how do I change it? I know dumb questions, but no time to figure out, been working 12 - 15 hours everyday, HELP!

Go to "Settings" at the top right of the page.
One the left is the settings pane.
Under "My Settings" go to "My account" - "General Settings"
In the main window scroll down to "Private Messaging"
Click "Private Messaging ON"

HTH

Go to "Settings" at the top right of the page.
One the left is the settings pane.
Under "My Settings" go to "My account" - "General Settings"
In the main window scroll down to "Private Messaging"
Click "Private Messaging ON"

HTH

Yeah that Lawdog! haha. SOrry just getting back on here after a few days

Me too. Family or someone close to family.
I think the killer took pains not to have the McDs suffer unnecessarily.
I realize that sounds strange but they really could have made a mess of the house and the bodies. It appears they were both conked to death before the beheading and before putting Mrs. D. in the water.

I do think it was a hired hit, however and for the reasons above. Not sure I think the progeny hired to have it done, though, but maybe because of them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think the killer took pains not to have the McDs suffer unnecessarily.
I realize that sounds strange but they really could have made a mess of the house and the bodies. It appears they were both conked to death before the beheading and before putting Mrs. D. in the water.

I do think it was a hired hit, however and for the reasons above. Not sure I think the progeny hired to have it done, though, but maybe because of them.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I concur
rather I agree that could be the scenario too if not hired hit

check your PM Lawdog, messaged you about a person connected to family, ......interesting if nothign else!

I can't find a link on the website, but Sheriff Sills was on TV the last few days because of the guns he is holding that Tex McIver had to turn in. Nothing to do with this case, most likely. Just an odd occurance.

thanks!
I can't find a link on the website, but Sheriff Sills was on TV the last few days because of the guns he is holding that Tex McIver had to turn in. Nothing to do with this case, most likely. Just an odd occurance.

Interesting switch on here........or maybe just those of this opinon are on here commenting...........early on,many strongly believed it was drug related, robbery gone bad, extortion or mob............now many are saying family...........what changed your minds? I know I too thought that from early on but wasn't completely convinced however, its interesting to look at the things going on around Putnam and see if there could be a connection........I guess there still could be a connection to these crazy incidents in Putnam, since we dont know WHO did it, we cna't say who did not.............I just wish we had dna or atleast that the neighbor got a good view of the man on the lawn!......Im still disturbed about the alarm and the female SS questioned again after she "wasn't quite truthful" in the first interview.........SS said he didnt think she had anything to do with it but he also said...."I never say never".............

Hi all, it's been ages since I posted here but I always check in. I'm not sure whether I ever had a strong theory or posted it, but mine too has always been hired hit by a family member OR business associate. Reasons being the lack of robbery/nothing taken, the bizarre nature of the murders themselves, and that IMO, they were planned.

I think the chances of this getting solved are slim to none, but there's always hope.

Right on........ONLY hope........
Hi all, it's been ages since I posted here but I always check in. I'm not sure whether I ever had a strong theory or posted it, but mine too has always been hired hit by a family member OR business associate. Reasons being the lack of robbery/nothing taken, the bizarre nature of the murders themselves, and that IMO, they were planned.

I think the chances of this getting solved are slim to none, but there's always hope.

never found it either lol

Interesting switch on here........or maybe just those of this opinon are on here commenting...........early on,many strongly believed it was drug related, robbery gone bad, extortion or mob............now many are saying family...........what changed your minds? I know I too thought that from early on but wasn't completely convinced however, its interesting to look at the things going on around Putnam and see if there could be a connection........I guess there still could be a connection to these crazy incidents in Putnam, since we dont know WHO did it, we cna't say who did not.............I just wish we had dna or atleast that the neighbor got a good view of the man on the lawn!......Im still disturbed about the alarm and the female SS questioned again after she "wasn't quite truthful" in the first interview.........SS said he didnt think she had anything to do with it but he also said...."I never say never".............

I thought family/someone close to family from the beginning.

I thought family/someone close to family from the beginning.

I'm with you, Vedder, it's the only thing that makes sense, at this stage of the investigation. We've seen it before---greed.

IMHO

It's been solved already SS knows who did it but he can't get a conviction without a confession or a witness. My best guess is someone in the family paid a employee to do the job. The family member gave specific instructions on not damaging the house or stealing anything ( because they would inherit ) The beheading was a sign of rage and the person hired was most likely instructed to do this to Mr Dermond and not mrs dermond . No chance of a confession because there's not enough reward money left. Family inherited at least a million but decided not to put up anything as a reward. Not a peep out of the family for over a year now , no anger over not having a suspect, sold the house quickly . Never heard a word from the daughter after her father as beheaded. The idea of the family staying quiet for fear the killer would come after them is wrong. Why would the killer come after them and risk being caught?

ALot of people didnt think so, IIRC, just wondered, and maybe no one was allowed to discuss the family here, earlier in the investigation

Yeah sad about the reward money HOckeyguy.............makes sense to me.........the family also got out of town quickly after they all flew in after the murders and didnt even stay for the vigil that was the same week the kids were in town IIRC, that the D's church hosted, no one contacted the parents after the derby party to chit chat on the subject, as Leslie is a big horse fan and was just there not a week before, atleast we know no one did a welfare check becuase the kids couldnt get in touch with them or they'd have been foudn sooner and they had to be informed of the situation on tuesday after the murder, i always thought someone might be sitting and waiting for their inheritance and these 2 may have lived to be 110!, the home alarm system had issues while she was there, some female family member lied about something according to SS...... just wish someone would come forward, WHY THE HECK did he refund the reward money!??! These things take time sometimes, what's going to give this away if it was family?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea