IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sapere, that makes so much sense. It would be a great way to track these criminals . Why does everyone say these phones are untraceable ?

As of now many of these phones are currently untraceable in the U.S. Because no identification is required for the purchase. Recently, California Rep. Jackie Speier has introduced legislation which would close the loopholes for these "burner" phones, and require retailers to obtain identification to purchase these phones. Hopefully this bill will pass nationally, giving law enforcement an upper hand in dealing with criminals and terrorists!

Sapere, that makes so much sense. It would be a great way to track these criminals . Why does everyone say these phones are untraceable ?

There is alot of legwork usually for not much payout for LE.

People using a burner for nefarious reasons pay in cash and hide their faces (disguise), use only few times, toss and get a new phone. Some order online, ship to mailbox, and use bitcoins. They, their name are not ever traced to that phone. They know not to connect to wifi etc...

Sill have some of my old police department coworkers as friends and it seems these phone are popular phones among drug dealers.

People like you and I that buy a prepaid phone to call our friends and family would probably get tracked pretty quickly:).

I don't know how to bring it forward but perhaps Nin will. There is a great map on Thread 45, Page 39, Post 585 that Nin put on back on April 6th. If you look in the upper left corner it shows Access 1 and Access 2 in relation to the other important points on the map. I hope it will help to get your directions straight. I know I was twisted in mine for quite awhile until I looked at Nin's maps. Many thanks to Nin. You could also go back and find the page if you want to look right away.

Here's a link to the post.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-45&p=13292125#post13292125

I thought that the pick up time was 3pm.

Right, I was thinking it was 5:30 but that was the search time, I think. But even so, I think he was gone very quickly after that image was taken ,within an hour.

I agree. I think she was creeped out enough to record him but only in a "OMG just wait until the others see this *******" kind of way. I do not think she believed that they were in any real danger until it was too late.
Agreed. And as someone else posted upstream, sometimes people hesitate (I bet women are more prone to this) to react for fear of making a scene, of misinterpreting what's going on. I think that fear prevents them from reacting instinctively and protecting themselves.

The above is just my opinion.

Agreed. And as someone else posted upstream, sometimes people hesitate (I bet women are more prone to this) to react for fear of making a scene, of misinterpreting what's going on. I think that fear prevents them from reacting instinctively and protecting themselves.

The above is just my opinion.

Yes, and an adult holds authority.

Yes, and an adult holds authority.
Right. Right. And some people heard authority in BG's voice in the DTH comment. Since it seems like Libby had hackles about him before he spoke, his tone might have pushed her further. Those poor girls. It breaks my heart.

Thank you for posting Nin's informative map. It's been a while since I last looked at it. I'm wondering if the sandbar marked on it was the only sandbar along Deer Creek. Either the perp had already scoped this feature out beforehand as a perfect way to get to the future crime scene, or Abby and Libby knew of it and tried to run that way hoping to get away from BG. I think it was chosen by the perp though, since the crime scene is conveniently located near the cemetery, where he likely parked for a quick getaway. I can't wait for him to be caught.

I do think men that have an interest in young prostitutes should be checked out, that might lead to suspect. I personally think it was a serial killer that likely feeds off of the whole act from the hunt through to the kill but possibly might find he started with young prostitutes and was rough with them before moving to what he is doing now.

Many of the prostitutes that appear young truly are young and I am sure those that are attracted to that know where to find them.

"The average age at which girls first become victims of prostitution is 12 to 14. It is not only the girls on the streets who are affected; boys and transgender youth enter into prostitution between the ages of 11 and 13 on average.[SUP]9"

[/SUP]
https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/march/human-sex-trafficking

Thanks Brighty. I really do think LE should explore this avenue. A strong hunch.

Locals might want to ask themselves who they know who recently had to buy a new pair of boots; especially if the other pair were in good shape...

Savvy criminals truly use them as throwaways- pay cash, may have others do the purchase or know where to buy in out of the way places- use them once or just for very short term and buy another. Many can be activated by phone or internet (library or other computer used by many people) so not always activated at store. It is not that they are completely untraceable usually, they are just far harder to trace than a phone that has an actual person/account attached. Criminals that understand the ins and outs can be really hard to trace with a pay as you go phone.

The murderer may not have even had a phone with him, I have read many articles about serious crimes solved by cell phone tracking and am sure criminals read the same articles and up their game.

On a show I had on earlier on ID channel, police obtained a list of numbers dialed by a Tracfone and found the perp through those calls. Not sure how they did so, but they did...

On a show I had on earlier on ID channel, police obtained a list of numbers dialed by a Tracfone and found the perp through those calls. Not sure how they did so, but they did...

I think someone who worked in telecommunications mentioned how it can be done. They trace the calls to the network, network tells them where phone was purchased, LE get video of the person purchasing and or credit card information.

BUT

If the perp uses the phone to call family/friends or texts them its pretty easy to find them that way too.

Just finally caught up after not being able to read here for days.

Still nothing from LE, huh? :sigh:

I'm not yet on the 'case is getting cold' bandwagon, but I'm certainly getting close.

May today be THE day.

Have a great night/morning all. Keep on keepin' on.

:peace:

I was born and raised in Indiana, not far from Delphi. Although the Monon trail itself is pretty well known, I'm not sure that this bridge is the most popular place to hike. I feel that the person who did this is probably fairly local. This bridge isn't a place that you would have such a heavy pedestrian flow that you would wait around until someone came along for you to murder. So, this was probably a crime of opportunity or the hiker saw them earlier and decided to go back and find them or whatever. Although Indiana can be very cold in February, the temp that day was 47, but in one of the pics, it didn't appear one of the girls was very bundled up. So the sun could've been fairly warm. However, the guy was REALLY bundled up as if it were much cooler. That makes me think he was out there for awhile maybe stalking or waiting for someone to come by. I know police have to keep certain details quiet and I understand why, but I wish we had a bit more info on some things. But I think that's just bc we all wanna help so badly!

Has anyone heard if the DNA has come back yet? They had said they found some and sent it off for testing. I have to say that being from Indiana, the guy looks like so many other men in Indiana that probably work in a factory or on a farm. He even sounds like most guys in Indiana. The police said there's definitely more of the video and I wonder if there's more of him talking or just the girls. This is a solvable case, like so many others, but it might be difficult. I am constantly looking up info on it to see if there are any new leads. Even though I don't live in Indiana anymore, all my family does and my husband's family, so I can't help but think of them and my nieces and nephews and how easy it would be for this to happen to them.

I was born and raised in Indiana, not far from Delphi. Although the Monon trail itself is pretty well known, I'm not sure that this bridge is the most popular place to hike. I feel that the person who did this is probably fairly local. This bridge isn't a place that you would have such a heavy pedestrian flow that you would wait around until someone came along for you to murder. So, this was probably a crime of opportunity or the hiker saw them earlier and decided to go back and find them or whatever. Although Indiana can be very cold in February, the temp that day was 47, but in one of the pics, it didn't appear one of the girls was very bundled up. So the sun could've been fairly warm. However, the guy was REALLY bundled up as if it were much cooler. That makes me think he was out there for awhile maybe stalking or waiting for someone to come by. I know police have to keep certain details quiet and I understand why, but I wish we had a bit more info on some things. But I think that's just bc we all wanna help so badly!

Has anyone heard if the DNA has come back yet? They had said they found some and sent it off for testing. I have to say that being from Indiana, the guy looks like so many other men in Indiana that probably work in a factory or on a farm. He even sounds like most guys in Indiana. The police said there's definitely more of the video and I wonder if there's more of him talking or just the girls. This is a solvable case, like so many others, but it might be difficult. I am constantly looking up info on it to see if there are any new leads. Even though I don't live in Indiana anymore, all my family does and my husband's family, so I can't help but think of them and my nieces and nephews and how easy it would be for this to happen to them.
You have a good point in that he could be bundled up due to waiting around.
Regarding the dna, I looked thru the media thread yesterday on another issue and noticed a couple of posts that make me doubt whether LE have any from the CS.
MOO.

ETA
Welcome MM. The media thread is listed at the beginning of this thread BTW as well as a case map and other stuff.

Welcome to Websleuths MikaylasMom24 thank you for joining us. I don't think we have public knowledge of the DNA situation yet but we would like to. It is great to get a local perspective of the location and crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans