Found Deceased MA - Michael Doherty, 20, Franklin, 14 May 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's insane to me to think that his family and friends could have been looking for him for possibly three hours (before LE stepped in) and no one could find him just 200 yards from the house… Anyone else find this odd?
. I find it odd that there were search dogs in the area for almost a week and none of them could scent the body to the area it was found. I'm not an expert but I thought they would have picked up the scent of a dead body.

. I find it odd that there were search dogs in the area for almost a week and none of them could scent the body to the area it was found. I'm not an expert but I thought they would have picked up the scent of a dead body.

It happens. Dogs missed Lindsey Piccone, and Mike Kimsey, and I think they were used to search for Joe Garcia too, and 2yo boy - Noah Chamberlin - was also missed by the dogs.

There's a difference between dogs who search for a live person and dogs who search for cadavers, but I don't know much about how they decide which to use or which kind were used in this case.

and they (trained dogs) are not 100%. Sorry, they just aren't. A great tool to have for sure (perhaps like a polygraph but better IMO) but not totally reliable, like a polygraph.

We've seen it here time and time again, sadly... dogs out searching and a body found weeks later in the same searched spot. It happens a lot.

It's insane to me to think that his family and friends could have been looking for him for possibly three hours (before LE stepped in) and no one could find him just 200 yards from the house… Anyone else find this odd?

I find it odd from the friends, not family.

He may not have been there 3 hours after missing. He could have been lost and wandering about, until he made it back close sometime after search was called off? idk

Well it depends if they were just air scent dogs, which won't necessarily find remains. (They tracked his scent to the clothing items didn't they? That would be a tracking dog, not a cadaver dog)

I live in Franklin about a mile & ½ away from thescene. I’ve been following all the postssince day 2 but this is my first time posting.
I’m also perplexed by the whole thing and said right fromthe start that MD’s shoes and shirt were staged. I agree with other posters that drugs areinvolved, but that MD didn’t take them on his own free will, I believe he wasmickeyed.
There is one thing I have not seen anyone mention (and I’vebeen waiting to see if someone would) that I picked up right away in the FPDlogs for May 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. At 11:18PM a resident at 66 Phyllis Lane reported 2 vehicles and at least 3 people werewalking thru yard…. LE reported back that it wasn’t them.
http://www.franklinma.gov/sites/franklinma/files/uploads/press05142017.pdf
Could this be someone returning MD’s deceased body to anarea they felt would not be searched again??

I live in Franklin about a mile & ½ away from thescene.I’ve been following all the postssince day 2 but this is my first time posting.
I’m also perplexed by the whole thing and said right fromthe start that MD’s shoes and shirt were staged.I agree with other posters that drugs areinvolved, but that MD didn’t take them on his own free will, I believe he wasmickeyed.
There is one thing I have not seen anyone mention (and I’vebeen waiting to see if someone would) that I picked up right away in the FPDlogs for May 14[SUP]th[/SUP].At 11:18PM a resident at 66 Phyllis Lane reported 2 vehicles and at least 3 people werewalking thru yard…. LE reported back that it wasn’t them.
Could this be someone returning MD’s deceased body to anarea they felt would not be searched again??

Thanks for sharing that, I didn't see it!

I live in Franklin about a mile & ½ away from thescene.I’ve been following all the postssince day 2 but this is my first time posting.
I’m also perplexed by the whole thing and said right fromthe start that MD’s shoes and shirt were staged.I agree with other posters that drugs areinvolved, but that MD didn’t take them on his own free will, I believe he wasmickeyed.
There is one thing I have not seen anyone mention (and I’vebeen waiting to see if someone would) that I picked up right away in the FPDlogs for May 14[SUP]th[/SUP].At 11:18PM a resident at 66 Phyllis Lane reported 2 vehicles and at least 3 people werewalking thru yard…. LE reported back that it wasn’t them.
Thanks for sharing. Also, just read on the same date at 11:27 pm someone walked into station to report something suspicious on social media pertaining to the incident #11898 which is when he was reported missing, it was also logged as suspicious activity.

I think everyone was concentrating on the path in the direction towards his home and the direction where shirt/shoes/scent were found. The body was found on the other side of the party house toward the 495 side.

I live in Franklin about a mile & ½ away from thescene. I’ve been following all the postssince day 2 but this is my first time posting.
I’m also perplexed by the whole thing and said right fromthe start that MD’s shoes and shirt were staged. I agree with other posters that drugs areinvolved, but that MD didn’t take them on his own free will, I believe he wasmickeyed.
There is one thing I have not seen anyone mention (and I’vebeen waiting to see if someone would) that I picked up right away in the FPDlogs for May 14[SUP]th[/SUP]. At 11:18PM a resident at 66 Phyllis Lane reported 2 vehicles and at least 3 people werewalking thru yard…. LE reported back that it wasn’t them.

Could be people searching too. idk

SABBM

If he was killed over drugs-- he was maybe just selling and not using.
Although those involved in drugs are generally users as well as buyers/sellers.
Sad that his choices led to this. :(
May he rest in peace.

SABBM

If he was killed over drugs-- he was maybe just selling and not using.
Although those involved in drugs are generally users as well as buyers/sellers.
Sad that his choices led to this. :(
May he rest in peace.

I doubt very seriously he was selling or intentionally using drugs. If you read about him, you will see he was not even close to being that type of person.

Also on the police report that evening at 11:27 the police responded to a suspicious message on social media about michael doherty. The pd went to <modsnip>

I doubt very seriously he was selling or intentionally using drugs. If you read about him, you will see he was not even close to being that type of person.
I don't have an opinion on whether he used or not, but it's really not a stretch. My brothers went to the most prestigious private school in our state. His group of friends were/are all honor roll students, some successful athletes, and come from affluent, healthy families. Some of those kids use hard drugs. Over the summer one of them overdosed and died. He was brilliant, and people wrote similar things about him as Michael.

I'm not saying he used drugs or sold them. I'm just saying that you really can't know for sure. It's certainly not uncommon at that age, for young people to experiment or even semi-regularly use drugs.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Also on the police report that evening at 11:27 the police responded to a suspicious message on social media about michael doherty. The pd went to <modsnip>

Before he was reported missing? Like during the party?

It doesn't say the police went there. It says a walk-in requested an officer, suggesting to me that a person came to police hq and requested to speak with an officer to provide information. <modsnip>

Wait what!!? A suspicious message BEFORE he ever went missing!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member