Australia Australia - Claremont SK, 1996-97, Perth, WA - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petedavo,

I've listened to the two recordings of James Tilbury, recorded whilst in prison, May 1990. Tilbury sounded quiet sensible, certainly not rough, and wanted to understand why he'd committed the crimes. Tilbury mentioned picking up a hitchhiker, but nothing to do with Kerry Turner - last seen June 1991.
Hatice Gurbuz?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

Here’s my intro…. I’m a middle-aged woman. My husband and I own a small retail business. We have full-time care of our grandchildren, hence the school holiday complaints. My interest in this case: back in 1985 I lived in Huntingdale. During that time I had an incident with a teenager on a pushbike. He was tall and athletic, had dark hair and wore glasses.

Hi CV,

I have a fascination with SK's and the motivations behind what they do.
Like all murders, this is case is very sad and I am amazed as to how long it has been investigated.
I now live in Perth, so am even more interested.

Would you recognise that teenager if you saw him again ( as an adult)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi CV,

I have a fascination with SK's and the motivations behind what they do.
Like all murders, this is case is very sad and I am amazed as to how long it has been investigated.
I now live in Perth, so am even more interested.

Would you recognise that teenager if you saw him again ( as an adult)?

Hilo,
Yes that's a good question and I would definitely recognize the teenager because he had such distinctive characteristics. For example he had nicely cut, dark hair, parted on the RHS. He was quite tall with an athletic build and wore glasses (not sunglasses). He didn't say anything but just starred.

Hatice Gurbuz?

Re: HG. I looked into this girl quite some time ago after reading it was suspected that she returned overseas. From what I could find, I came to the conclusion that was correct. I deleted all info about her but I believe I found a girl with matching birthdate who referenced having lived in Australia previously & suspected it was true. However, I could be very wrong.

Re: JT interesting screen printing link, we know where he was in 96-97 though. He mentioned he had 18yrs in 1990. I suspect it was a life sentence min 18yrs as I dont believe he has been released as yet. Can anyone confirm that and also his release in 87? He could be responsible for Sally Greenham perhaps?

Hilo,
Yes that's a good question and I would definitely recognize the teenager because he had such distinctive characteristics. For example he had nicely cut, dark hair, parted on the RHS. He was quite tall with an athletic build and wore glasses (not sunglasses). He didn't say anything but just starred.

Thank you CV,
I don't mean to be 'nosy', but I'm curious- have you seen him again?

Re: HG. I looked into this girl quite some time ago after reading it was suspected that she returned overseas. From what I could find, I came to the conclusion that was correct. I deleted all info about her but I believe I found a girl with matching birthdate who referenced having lived in Australia previously & suspected it was true. However, I could be very wrong.

Re: JT interesting screen printing link, we know where he was in 96-97 though. He mentioned he had 18yrs in 1990. I suspect it was a life sentence min 18yrs as I dont believe he has been released as yet. Can anyone confirm that and also his release in 87? He could be responsible for Sally Greenham perhaps?
Dunno much about Hatice's apparent disappearance from Maddington, other than the rumours that she went to Turkey. But if Tilbury was actually responsible for Turner, either he was deflecting or taking the innuendo on behalf of someone else.

With regard to JCs LBF and the ongoing debate re climatic conditions... :pillowfight2::pillowfight2:

perhaps it's time for everyone to agree to disagree.:whiteflag:
For the sake of all the other sluethers who are feeling a bit.....:gasp:

Looking with fresh eyes …. are there any new members who have an opinion with regard to the case of Kerry Turner?

Kerry was aged 18 when last seen alive at Shepparton Rd, Victoria Park accepting a lift from someone who a witness described as driving a dark blue car similar to a Datsun 260c with spoked wheels (30/06/1991).

Note: during that era Shepparton Rd, was a main arterial to Perth’s southern suburbs.

Four weeks later Kerry’s body was found by a member of the public in bushland near Canning Dam.
Below is an article

http://www.watoday.com.au

At the time, my dad suspected our night driver of our taxi. He drove that model datsun but it was a mid blue. The next shift after Kerry Turner disappeared, his car had been detailed top to bottom, including an engine wash. This was unusual for this guy as dad had to constantly be on his back to clean the taxi at end of shift. Dad reported his info to crimestoppers at the time as that night he had returned the taxi early
hours his instead of 6am return. He suspected him as where she went missing was a meeting spot for night drivers.

At the time, my dad suspected our night driver of our taxi. He drove that model datsun but it was a mid blue. The next shift after Kerry Turner disappeared, his car had been detailed top to bottom, including an engine wash. This was unusual for this guy as dad had to constantly be on his back to clean the taxi at end of shift. Dad reported his info to crimestoppers at the time as that night he had returned the taxi early
hours his instead of 6am return. He suspected him as where she went missing was a meeting spot for night drivers.

As it was reported to Crime Stoppers did they interview the driver?

Now's that's vicious. I've never pretended to fully understand your graphs. I do find the simpler surf forecast""
attachment.php

and b.o.m. data taken off Cott bouy easier to understand and compare to real time photos from Cott. However as far as waves, rips, currents, not only do I have the practical experience of 8 year patrolling Cott as a lifesaver, I have two National titles in SLS events before coming to Perth which involved swimming through seas after cyclones that did have rips, currents and waves breaking over the bouys and a post grad degree in physics and biomechanics as well as business experience in wave power. I'm not trying to make this a pissing contest and I'm only trying to calculate the forces that caused the damage to the Fiat, which is relevant IMO. Looking forward to tomorrow's 3.5 metre swell between 2.00 am and 5.00 am.
Cott today 3rd June 9.00 am from live webcam. 2.5 metre swell WSW direction.
attachment.php
attachment.php

taken one after the other in two webcam sweeps
attachment.php
attachment.php

How is this relevant to June 1988? We are in a different weather pattern to then.
As someone who had lived her entire life on the coast i love by one rule: respect the ocean. I have witnessed the gentle waves of Cottesloe fracture my friends neck after dumping her.
Waves have been so ferocious that they have snapped the bell (an old concrete pylon left from the first shark net)

)

Dunno much about Hatice's apparent disappearance from Maddington, other than the rumours that she went to Turkey. But if Tilbury was actually responsible for Turner, either he was deflecting or taking the innuendo on behalf of someone else.

Im not sure what you mean by KT? Tilbury was inside from '71-87 then '89 till present I believe. KT went missing '91.

Im not sure what you mean by KT? Tilbury was inside from '71-87 then '89 till present I believe. KT went missing '91.
Follow the car, not the driver
IE
I wonder who's car Tilbury was driving in the Devlin case?
Is that the same Car that turns up in 1991?

As it was reported to Crime Stoppers did they interview the driver?

No idea. If they did, he didn't tell us. All I know is that after that I was not allowed to get a ride in Dad's cab if that particular driver was driving. My sweet, gentle Dad banned me from it. I was 20 at the time.

No idea. If they did, he didn't tell us. All I know is that after that I was not allowed to get a ride in Dad's cab if that particular driver was driving. My sweet, gentle Dad banned me from it. I was 20 at the time.
Did the guy have an Irish accent and live in Beckenham?

Did the guy have an Irish accent and live in Beckenham?

Definitely not Irish. He did live out that way though. He and his brother were both contracted night/weekend drivers on my Dad's taxi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288