MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

This is my first time posting so let me know if not correct. I wanted to ask about the man who asked the daughter that there was a dead body ahead and to call police. The girls mother posted to fox4news fb while girl spoke with police... WHO IS THIS MAN?
http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/29/police-investigating-body-found-near-trolley-track-trail/

Wow! hope i did this correctly...am on a chromebook and unsure how to copy links...this is the only reference i could find to this "man". I live fairly close to all these trails and one will be built right outside my window soon, so I have been following this. All were close to each other.

This is my first time posting so let me know if not correct. I wanted to ask about the man who asked the daughter that there was a dead body ahead and to call police. The girls mother posted to fox4news fb while girl spoke with police... WHO IS THIS MAN?
http://fox4kc.com/2017/05/29/police-investigating-body-found-near-trolley-track-trail/

Yes, you did it perfectly. I agree that the "man" who alerted the little girl about a dead body on a trail, well, that's just plain weird. He should alert police. Did he not have a cell phone? Did he do it and needed an excuse for being in the area? I agree, who is this man and have the KCPD spoken to him?

I am also very curious about the huge uptick in homicides (of all races, genders, ages) in Kansas City. I've been a resident for 3 years and it has gotten (statistically) a lot worse. I don't know what is going on. I do know that Troost and Prospect (major roads in E KC) are often in the news regarding gang activity. Kansas City is also implementing a Summer Curfew for minors at certain venues.

http://kcmo.gov/curfew/

Kansas City’s more stringent summer curfew is enforceable from May 26, 2017 (the Friday of Memorial Day weekend) to Sept. 24, 2017 (the last Sunday in September) and will be supported by an appropriate increased police presence.

For minors 15 and younger, the curfew is set at 10 p.m. For minors ages 16 and 17, the curfew is set at 11 p.m. in most parts of the City.

The City’s five entertainment districts – the Plaza, Westport, Downtown/Central Business District, 18th and Vine, and Zona Rosa – have a special curfew during summer months that requires anyone under 18 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian after 9 p.m. during those summer months.

If one is biking or running these trails are all very close and connected. Did the "Man" stay with girl? The girl is said to have spoken to police about body. I have not found any reference to this "man" in any other article. Has anyone else? The victim was on a trail off the main trail...how did the man know this?

Wow! hope i did this correctly...am on a chromebook and unsure how to copy links...this is the only reference i could find to this "man". I live fairly close to all these trails and one will be built right outside my window soon, so I have been following this. All were close to each other.

I just think the man was probably out walking his dogs and didn't have his cellphone on him and alerted the first person he saw to call police.

Coach's is extremely successful, from way back, and extremely popular. It would be the last bar in all of KC I would expect for any funny goings-on to be associated with it. It had a very loyal following. Not once in my 33 years in KC have I heard of anything sketchy going on in or near or associated with Coach's. And Darby was a give-you-the-shirt-off-his-back, started-bicycle-charity-races sort. When he was shot, everyone who knew him said he would have simply given a robber money. I am not sure any of these dog-walkers were carrying money (I don't carry money when I go for a recreational walk, and have told my husband if we get robbed we're handing over the money and phones lickety-split) but also, police said there was no sign of a struggle in Darby's case. I'll be really surprised if anyone had a grudge against any of these men, from what I have heard about them.

Link to the source for police saying their was no sign of a struggle?

JMO
This is scary and way too coincidental to me that 3 people had dogs with them when killed. If I read things right.

Here is what I cannot understand. If even 2 of the victims were shot then surely LE could recover the bullets to see if the bullets were fired from the same weapon so long as enough of the bullet remained intact to provide determination of the type of bullet.

So they could at least determine whether a same caliber gun was being used and maybe even prove the exact same gun was used if enough markings on the bullet was present.

So I struggle why they cannot say at least 2 or more were related or not.

If peoples safety comes into play then that should be the main focus and if LE knows 2 or more are related then they should inform the public IMO. Withholding that information could put lives in jeapordy.

Im not sure if 2 or more were even shot so I need to read more about this but at least one was shot from what I gathered.

All scary nonetheless. Stay safe for those in the area.

Rounds or bullets are minuscule when compared to the size of the average human body. It's a common misconception that law enforcement typically can recover rounds that hit the human body. That's not the case. Fragmentation occurs when the round impacts the body, to what extent is determined by the caliber among other things. Either way, rounds recovered from the body aren't shiny and easy to compare right off the bat as depicted by television shows.

With regards to your remarks on the caliber type, it has to be looked at from an investigative point of view. If law enforcement personnel are able to recover rounds of comparable value, they're not going to let the public know that information. They can't say publicly in all likelihood because they don't want to tip their hand.

Yes, law enforcement should at least make the public aware if they determine they're connected. They should not disclose any case specific information, however.

We call this a, "person of interest," in the business. Lol thanks for posting

Yes, you did it perfectly. I agree that the "man" who alerted the little girl about a dead body on a trail, well, that's just plain weird. He should alert police. Did he not have a cell phone? Did he do it and needed an excuse for being in the area? I agree, who is this man and have the KCPD spoken to him?

I am also very curious about the huge uptick in homicides (of all races, genders, ages) in Kansas City. I've been a resident for 3 years and it has gotten (statistically) a lot worse. I don't know what is going on. I do know that Troost and Prospect (major roads in E KC) are often in the news regarding gang activity. Kansas City is also implementing a Summer Curfew for minors at certain venues.

http://kcmo.gov/curfew/

From what I have seen children who are alone on a trail encountering older males is not generally a good thing.

I just think the man was probably out walking his dogs and didn't have his cellphone on him and alerted the first person he saw to call police.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. That's what I think, too.

It's mulberry season, I love picking mulberries, I live right next to the trails, I want to go exploring them, but I can't, I'm scared to even step near them.
I went out yesterday exploring but drove to the Kansas side of the trails and walked west. The Indian Creek Trails are beautiful and I even saw some deer. But I still found myself looking over my shoulder alot. I came up to a part of the trail that went under I-435 it was a big tunnel. I stopped and wondered if I should go ahead and walk through it. I did and it made me so uncomfortable and I walked fast.
A lot of bicyclists passed me by but I could "sense" the leariness of everyone.
It's unfortunate really.
I do however feel a little better that police, the city etc, are trying.

I agree with you. My friend walked her dog there every day but since the bodies have been found has not gone near the area. They have since put cameras up, but still I am avoiding the area.

The article says nothing about dogs. Have you found it in another one? I have not seen mention of this man anywhere else. Also articles say the body was in a wooded area on a trail that leads to main Trolly Trail.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. That's what I think, too.

Nick, I enjoy your posts, but where were dogs mentioned? Did I miss that?
Would you leave a gal (the daughter) to call police and find body (off the main trail)? Most men I know would not do this. They would have the gal call 911 and then speak with them himself.

I realize the 5th victim was younger and had a record so is not being counted as part of the "perhaps" four other homicides.

We call this a, "person of interest," in the business. Lol thanks for posting
Exactly. I am interested in who this person is.
If this victim is not part of the "four" because he is younger, then why are people outside of type (age, upstanding person, male) afraid to go on trails? I am not saying that any are connected or not, just wondering what this forum thinks.

The trails are all interconnect, even the soon to be built ones. I live on one. I have a dog. I do not walk it anymore. :(

Link to the source for police saying their was no sign of a struggle?
I cant get a link unless i type out by hand, but Brian Darby says police said there was no evidence of a struggle.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article151613637.html
One post in the forum says that Darbys murder was brutal.

OK..that was too much work. ill have to search how to copy links from tab to tab on chrome. Question for you Nick, why do the articles say slain etc? just for drama? i am asking you because you say words matter and I agree.
Everyone: Thanks for being patient. I am trying to post correctly.

duplicate...sorry, again. im going to study up on how to do this.

Did one of the articles say the woman's daughter was a (young) girl? I formed the impression they were both adults, but it doesn't seem to really say?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back