GUILTY CA - Dr. Han, wife & 5yo daughter brutally slain, Santa Barbara, 23 March 2016

District Attorney Joyce Dudley has never sought the death penalty in any prosecution during her term in office. Typically, that determination isn’t made until after the preliminary hearing has concluded. No such determination has been made yet in the Haobsh case either, but prosecutor Dozer gave a hint that this might be the first.

GOOD, as it should be. Per The Death Penalty... JMO
Too bad California doesn't actually use it.

I just saw this case - discussion on the side of WS site.

Bookmarking this one!

I can't believe what I've just read thru on this thread - that poor family!

:rose: RIP HAN Family! :rose:

Will mark my calendar. Thank you everyone for keeping this case alive!

Thursday, Sept. 21st:
*Pretrial Hearing - CA - Dr. Weidong "Henry Han" (57), wife Huijie"Jennie" Yu (29), & Emily (50) daughter slain (March 23, 2016) - Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested & charged with 3 counts of 1st degree murder w/special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Had arraignment hearings 3/29/16, 4/12/16, 5/5/16; on 5/5 pled not guilty; next hearings were 5/24/16, Discovery 6/21/16, prelim on 9/27/16 & 12/9/16; on 5/31/17 Prelim hearing pros witness says PH confessed to killing family; 9/8/17 Pretrial - DA will seek DP. PH sent Judge letter saying he wants to represent himself, which will be discussed today

Update of court hearing 9/21: Haobsh plead not guilty and no longer wants to represent himself; Back in court Dec. 12th and set a tenatative trial date.

I lost the article that said this - so please take my word! :D

Thursday, Sept. 21st:
*Pretrial Hearing - CA - Dr. Weidong "Henry Han" (57), wife Huijie"Jennie" Yu (29), & Emily (50) daughter slain (March 23, 2016) - Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested & charged with 3 counts of 1st degree murder w/special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Had arraignment hearings 3/29/16, 4/12/16, 5/5/16; on 5/5 pled not guilty; next hearings were 5/24/16, Discovery 6/21/16, prelim on 9/27/16 & 12/9/16; on 5/31/17 Prelim hearing pros witness says PH confessed to killing family; 9/8/17 Pretrial - DA will seek DP. PH sent Judge letter saying he wants to represent himself, which will be discussed today

Update of court hearing 9/21: Haobsh plead not guilty and no longer wants to represent himself; Back in court Dec. 12th and set a tenatative trial date.

I lost the article that said this - so please take my word! :D
ui

Their daughter was five years old, not fifty years old.

Oops - sorry about that - just got back to this thread.... yes, she was only 5 years old...

:rose:

:bump: for today!

Tuesday, December 12th:
*Pretrial Hearing - CA - Dr. Weidong "Henry" Han (57), wife Huijie"Jennie" Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter slain (March 23, 2016) - Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested & charged with 3 counts of 1st degree murder w/special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Had arraignment hearings 3/29/16, 4/12/16, 5/5/16; on 5/5 pled not guilty; next hearings were 5/24/16, Discovery 6/21/16, prelim on 9/27/16 & 12/9/16; on 5/31/17 Prelim hearing pros witness says PH confessed to killing family; 9/8/17 Pretrial -DA will seek DP. PH sent Judge letter saying he wants to represent himself, which will be discussed today. 9/21 Update: Haobsh pled not guilty and no longer wants to represent himself; Back in court Dec. 12th and set a tentative trial date.

:judge:

I wonder if there are no news updates because of that gag order. The below news article is from September 2017. I couldn't find any updates from the December hearing. Hope this goes to trial sometime this year.

Suspect in Triple-Murder Case Pleads Not Guilty, Santa Barbara Judge Issues Gag Order
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/su...eads_not_guilty_santa_barbara_judge_gag_order

He is currently represented by Deputy Public Defenders Christine Voss and Mindi Boulet, and his attorneys mentioned at the previous hearing that Haobsh apparently had a desire to represent himself in the case, and had a letter for Judge Brian Hill.

On Tuesday, Voss said Haobsh is “not requesting to represent himself today.”

Hill said Haobsh has a constitutional right to represent himself in the case, but doesn’t think it’s wise.

I get the feeling Haobsh has a high opinion of himself and might have an over-inflated ego regarding his own intelligence, but he seems to have such a cold demeanor. I think it would've been like shooting himself in the foot if he represented himself. Too bad he decided not to represent himself.

Voss had also asked for an injunction barring anyone involved in the case from speaking to the news media while legal proceedings are ongoing, and Hill signed an amended gag order in court Tuesday.

To be continued sometime in 2018.

Haobsh will be back in court Dec. 12 and he waived time for trial through April of next year.

Attorneys are not sure when they’ll be ready for trial, but a tentative date will be scheduled at the December hearing.

Hilary Dozer and Benjamin Ladinig are prosecuting the case for the District Attorney’s Office

Well, that's strange. As I said I looked thru the court site and didn't find him, but it looks like he had a hearing this past Friday, the 13th.

Han Family Murder Case Continued to July in Santa Barbara Superior Court
https://www.noozhawk.com/article/ha...inued_to_july_in_santa_barbara_superior_court

Triple-murder suspect Pierre Haobsh briefly appeared in Santa Barbara County Superior Court on Friday as attorneys discussed minor changes to the transcripts of previous hearings.
[.....]
Haobsh has been ordered to stand trial for three counts of first-degree murder and special allegations in the case, and the District Attorney’s Office intends to pursue the death penalty.
[.....]
Judge Brian Hill continued the case to July after a brief hearing Friday.

and of course, they give us no date for July.... :gaah:

:judge:

JUSTICE for the HAN Family! :rose:

:tyou: Thank You Niner for finding an update.

Judge Brian Hill continued the case to July after a brief hearing Friday.

Deputy Public Defender Christine Voss, who is one of attorneys representing Haobsh, said Friday that the prosecution is in the process of providing discovery to the defense, and that she is “hoping we’ll have movement knowing where we are on discovery” in July.

Haobsh is being held in custody...

https://www.noozhawk.com/article/ha...inued_to_july_in_santa_barbara_superior_court

Tuesday, July 10th:
*Readiness & Settlement Conf. Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Dr. Weidong ‘Henry’ Han (57), wife Huijie ‘Jennie’ Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter (March 23, 2016) - Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested & charged (3/29/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder w/special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Plead not guilty; DA will seek DP; Judge issued gag order.
Had arraignment hearings 3/29/16, 4/12/16, 5/5/16; on 5/5 plead not guilty; next hearings were 5/24/16, Discovery 6/21/16, prelim on 9/27/16 & 12/9/16.
5/31/17 Update: Prelim hearing pros witness says PH confessed to killing family.

9/19/17 Update: Pretrial – plead not guilty & no longer wants to rep himself. 12/12/17 hearing waived time to April, 2018.
9/27/17 Update: Pretrial - DA will seek DP & Judge issued gag order for case. PH sent Judge letter saying he wants to represent himself, which will be discussed today.

Well, for some reason I can't actually search by his name anymore (access denied!), I have to look at the Criminal court calendars. I don't see him on there thru 8/10.

If anyone has any luck into getting his actual dockets - please post if there is a date!
TIA!

hmmm.... google alert.... must know I'm looking for updates! LOL!

September Court Date Set for Suspect in 2016 Han Family Murders

On July 10, Deputy Public Defender Jenny Andrews asked Judge Brian Hill for a Sept. 11 court date. Haobsh waived additional time for trial.
[.....]
The preliminary hearing revealed details in the case, including the crime scene detectives discovered in the Hans’ Greenhill Way home; the alleged business relationship between Haobsh and Han, who owned the Santa Barbara Herb Clinic at the time; and the evidence authorities allegedly found in Haobsh’s vehicle after he was arrested at gunpoint in Oceanside.

and of course no further court dates given..... oh wait - it doesn't say Trial date set, just court date. So, no trial actually starting 9/11.....

Tuesday, September 11th:
*Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Dr. Weidong ‘Henry’ Han (57), wife Huijie ‘Jennie’ Yu (29), & Emily (5) daughter (March 23, 2016) - Pierre Freedon Haobsh (27) arrested & charged (3/29/16) with 3 counts of 1st degree murder w/special circumstances of committing murders for financial gain & multiple murders. Plead not guilty; DA will seek DP; Judge issued gag order.
Had arraignment hearings 3/29/16, 4/12/16, 5/5/16.
5/5/16 Update: Plead not guilty; next hearings were 5/24/16, Discovery 6/21/16, prelim on 9/27/16 & 12/9/16.
5/31/17: Prelim hearing pros witness says PH confessed to killing family.
9/8/17: Pretrial - DA will seek DP & Judge issued gag order for case. PH sent Judge letter saying he wants to represent himself, which will be discussed today. 9/19/17 Pretrial – plead not guilty & no longer wants to rep himself.
12/12/17: Hearing waived time to April, 2018.
7/16/18 Update: Next court date is 9/11.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back