FL FL - Isabella Hellmann, 41, catamaran off Cay Sal, SE of the FL Keys, 14 May 2017 #1 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has commented on this paragraph before:

Fennimore, the neighbour and an employee and a Ph.D. student at Florida Atlantic University’s college of medicine, said Bennett was vague about his work, saying he was a plumber. She said his parents, from England, stayed at the condo twice, around Christmas and also last summer. Hellmann, she said, “liked shopping. She dressed in a different outfit every time she came out (of the apartment).”

http://rare.us/rare-news/a-womans-m...-all-eyes-are-on-her-husband-of-three-months/

His parents: i am wondering if his mother and father are going to mind the baby in England. Usually, the MSM would have found them by now and tried to interview them. They had met Isabella twice.

Isabella wore a different out fit every day: If she sank all her money into the apartment, took leave for the baby,and worked part-time, where did she get the money to be able to wear different clothes every day?

Question: How much water could you take on a cat? Or is the water stored in a tank? Drinking water and bathing water? Could LB have had enough water on the cat in pipes or barrels to have leaked it to make the boat sink?

My suspicious mind tells me that he could have agreed to get married with the idea of a delayed Caribbean honeymoon on the cat in mind and after they bought insurance at least to cover the mortgage (if they had one or life insurance) if one of them died and left the other with the baby girl. He then renovated the apartment himself with the view that he would have it ready to sell after her demise. With the arguments they had over parenting issues, he sounds as if he was a controller and possibly thought she was not a good mother for the baby and he could do better himself and all he really wanted was the baby. But how many men really want to have to look after such a young baby on their own with no family support? I guess the cat was insured so if it sunk, then he would be able to claim insurance for it.

Did he plan a win-win-win-win situation and the perfect murder? eg Apartment in his name to sell, Life insurance perhaps and insurance for the boat and the baby away from Isabella's family so he could bring her up the way he wanted with no family interference and a planned exit to England or Australia hoping he would never be found.

Also they went to mostly non-English speaking countries so witnesses of Isabella being there maybe few.

Was the Coast Guard from Cuba or Bermuda? Cuba would have limited resources to spend on this type of situation.

My prediction is that he has left the country and was lying about the passport being left on the boat and possibly telling that other person he was going to England to put them off his trail. When he went to Cuba, surely he needed his passport - not just a piece of paper, I do not believe he left his passport onboard. Did he really go to Cuba or did he just disappear for a few days? Instead of checking hospitals there, I assumed he would get into a boat to look.

Was the cat on autopilot? It seemed to be off track a bit and nearer to Bermuda than Key West. Is that the normal route?

I am particularly interested in this case as I have sailed on a yacht in the Caribbean, steering it sometimes but never at night, have been to Saint Maarten to pick up the yacht, been to Cuba and Puerto Rico, and, as an Australian, I am wondering if he is here now.

But why did they go to the Virgin Islands when that was not in their original plans? They went to Puerto Rico first then backtracked east to the Virgin islands further away from Cuba? Consequently, Isabella missed her sister's graduation. Did he plan this on purpose? They must have stayed there for some time. Also her phone broke and she was told the satellite phone did not work. Was that planned so that she could not contact her family often? She could have bought a new phone (or used landline on shore) and IMO the satellite phone was working all the time. But as he could have been about to throw her overboard, he thought she should phone her sister as one last call! So he pretended that he got it working again for her.

I worry about the baby with such a man and hope the FBI is going to remain active on this case before it becomes a cold one! My gut feeling is that he is not in the USA now so with other countries involved, it will be very expensive for them to solve. But they can at least find out where he has flown to by asking all the airlines. He has not even given a statement to the FBI yet as a witness let alone a suspect.

Coast guard likely came from Miami or the keys

What do you think?

Different clothes every day: maybe she shared with her sister

The cat had a fresh water tank. IDK how many gallons. Fresh water/grey water/black water in all likelihood or some combo of that depending if the head had plumbing or a portable marine toilet.

If they were intersecting perpendicular with the item, it could have hit the back.
Given how much of the boat was submerged, were they even able to see the front?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Just want to go on record that I think this case could go one way or the other. Either he did something on purpose or there really was some sort of accident.

I have flip flopped on which way the case may turn out and I think I may have to stay right on top of the fence for now. LOL

Its an amazing case. Lots of circumstantial evidence that leans towards maybe something was done on purpose and then lots of other evidence that points to maybe a real accident of some sort.

I even like the one persons theory from yesterday that she may have been going to the bathroom and fell off way earlier in the night. Then the boat could have hit something much later which was nowhere near where she went in the water. That is a feasible thing that could have happened. He may have feaked out and knew it would look bad because he could not find her which could explain some of his actions.

Its really an amazing case that I hope FBI can get to the truth on.

I have to join you on top of the fence. So far, there is nothing that definitively makes me lean toward either direction. Everything that may appear suspicious also has a plausible explanation to it, IMO.

For example, for me personally, Bennett's hasty departure out of the country with the baby -which I do not believe has even been confirmed by the FBI or any other LE agency but only reported by Isabella's family and friends; to be fair, maybe the FBI has requested and obtained from a judge an order requiring the residence to be vacated for investigative purposes, and they are staying with a friend somewhere in the US- raises a red flag ("And on Thursday [June 1st], the condo’s front door was sealed with yellow FBI evidence tape. On Monday [June 5th], the tape was still there, and mail on the ground and notes jammed into the doorjamb suggested Bennett has not been back") due to how quickly and quietly they have disappeared - in the sense that no one seems to know where they are. On May 15th, he was picked up by Isabella's family after the CG flew him back to FL. On May 30th, it was reported "Dayana said she was told Bennett has left the country with the baby."
http://www.wptv.com/news/region-s-p...ut-trip-questions-what-happened-to-her-sister
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...sing-delray-woman-was/hBVtN9SGWXl63cAC4gvu9J/

Since I haven't seen anything that confirms what Isabella's sister claims, for the sake of this post, I am going to use the date of June 1st as Bennett's and the baby's date of departure. That would give him 16 days to vacate the condo (if they were indeed gone by May 30th, then 14 days). According to a neighbor -and thus a third-party account- "Bennett told her the weekend of May 21-23 that he could not leave the country because he’d lost his passport when the catamaran sank and that his new temporary passport didn’t yet allow him to travel." (BBM)
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...and-her-disappearance/b2e2kmTC85f7B7smJamxbI/

The alleged statement made by Bennett with regard to his passport situation does not make sense to me because the temporary passport would have been issued either by the Australian or British government and I have seen nothing to indicate a passport obtained from a consulate or embassy of either country would prevent one from leaving the US. Further, according to information found on the websites of the Australian and British passport-issuing authorities, you are not eligible to even apply for an an expedited passport (a regular, permanent passport, which would allow one to travel internationally without restrictions, as opposed to a temporary one) unless you are currently located in Australia or Great Britain, respectively. Yet, Bennett is to have traveled to Cuba -again, as related via Isabella's sister and friends- sometime between May 25th and 27th, which, obviously, would have required him to leave the US.

My point in saying all of this is that it sounds like to me Bennett was pretty busy over those 16 days, obtaining his temporary passport, traveling to Cuba, changing the lock on the front door, filing a complaint with LE, clearing the condo with help, going over to the in-laws' residence in an effort to retrieve items purportedly stolen by them, taking care of a baby, and all the while -presumably- maintaining contact with the FBI and the Coast Guard. It just seems to me he was in quite a hurry to leave the US.

At the same time, it also makes sense that Bennett would want to return to Australia or Britain as quickly as possible. It appears he and the in-laws were not exactly getting along. He just went through a very traumatic experience; of course, he would want to be where he has a solid support system. Perhaps he had business matters to attend to, and needed help with the baby while he worked (I think it is pretty clear based on what has been reported that he no longer wanted Isabella's family around the child). Maybe his visa was about to expire (which, IMO, the State Department would at least consider extending given the circumstances of the accident -during which his American wife went missing- and the ongoing FBI/USCG investigation).

Almost everything that has been reported about this case is like that. Something looks unreasonable at first, but then there is a perfectly reasonable explanation for it.

So my question is: What prompted the FBI to investigate Isabella's disappearance? Was it something the CG observed during the rescue (e.g., I understand the vessel has not been examined closely, so maybe they noticed something on it while they took pictures; something about the way it was positioned while floating/sinking, etc.)? Was it something Bennett said to them when he was rescued? Or they do not suspect Bennett of harming Isabella, but -and no disrespect intended here- have a reason to suspect Bennett and/or Isabella were involved in a criminal activity, such as drug-trafficking or insurance fraud?

If we are now being judged by our closet size, I'm guilty of something very very very bad. I wouldn't be caught dead in the same outfit within a 2 week period. 4 weeks with work clothes. That's just how it is. This girl worked her whole life, and now she is married to a man who clearly has means. I'm sure he gladly spoiled her and helped her dress as she desired, although she probably had a pretty solid closet to begin with.

I assumed FBI investigated because her family filed a complaint.

I worry about the baby with such a man and hope the FBI is going to remain active on this case before it becomes a cold one! My gut feeling is that he is not in the USA now so with other countries involved, it will be very expensive for them to solve. But they can at least find out where he has flown to by asking all the airlines. He has not even given a statement to the FBI yet as a witness let alone a suspect.

What do you think?

Snipped for focus, BBM

How do we know he never gave a statement to the FBI? Was this in msm?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I give up trying to link with my Tapatalk!!! I have found several articles speaking to Sal Cays shady reputation for drug and human trafficking as well as illegal fishing. This makes me wonder, was he (they) involved in illegal activity? Did she run afoul of bad characters in the night? The drug angle is starting to make alot of sense to me with all of his vagueness. Could she unknowingly been transporting?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

That may be where the "I think she is asleep" came from. Maybe he said "I think she fell asleep" and that caused events to transpire...

Maybe, but doubtful IMO. I think the fact that we are left to fill in the blanks about what Bennet supposedly meant when he talked with the family goes to show that he wouldn't talk about the incident or even explain his answers or listen to their questions at length with the family.

IMO that's because he was physically unable to because he was so grief stricken over the accident OR because the less you say about it, the better to avoid inconsistencies with the claimed events.

If one was going to cover something sinister with a boating accident, I would assume the details of the events would be a few as possible:

1. Hit an unknown object
2. She's no where to be seen
3. The cat is taking on water
4. Exiting on life raft, here's my coordinates.

Sounds almost rehearsed.

^ Even if that's exactly what happened, there are always more details. What he did he do to prepare, what he was thinking, what he did as he exited, where he looked for Isa, where he thought she could have been or what happened, or how / where he looked for her on the cat and off the cat and on the life raft, or what he thought he should have done or anything.

ETA: With so few details, I don't think we will ever know what happened to Isa. Accident or not.

teatime, if your husband asked you to do a night watch alone, would he give you a life vest and say "goodnight" or would he also give you the personal locator beacon in case, heaven forbid, something went wrong. Also, wouldn't the person on the helm be attached to the boat in case they fall?

this ^^^^^^

Maybe, but doubtful IMO. I think the fact that we are left to fill in the blanks about what Bennet supposedly meant when he talked with the family goes to show that he wouldn't talk about the incident or even explain his answers or listen to their questions at length with the family.

IMO that's because he was physically unable to because he was so grief stricken over the accident OR because the less you say about it, the better to avoid inconsistencies with the claimed events.

If one was going to cover something sinister with a boating accident, I would assume the details of the events would be a few as possible:

1. Hit an unknown object

Sounds almost rehearsed.

^ Even if that's exactly what happened, there are always more details. What he did he do to prepare, what he was thinking, what he did as he exited, where he looked for Isa, where he thought she could have been or what happened, or how / where he looked for her on the cat and off the cat and on the life raft, or what he thought he should have done or anything.

ETA: With so few details, I don't think we will ever know what happened to Isa. Accident or not.
How do we know he didn't give family a ridiculous amount of details, <modsnip> Again, if we are going to make judgements based on what has been reported and not on actual facts, we need to include all assumptions from all sides. A credible person is one who evaluates logically, <modsnip> In the list above 1,2,3,4... everything we know (just as the public) that lies in between those numbers is conveniently omitted, thereby making the list incomplete <modsnip>

"His is now being quizzed by FBI agents."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/810719/isabella-hellman-missing-fbi-florida-lewis-bennett

"THE FBI is investigating the disappearance of a British man’s wife from their honeymoon boat.

Agents quizzed Lewis Bennett, who had told them his Colombian bride Isabella Hellmann was washed overboard in the Florida Straits."

" The FBI would not say whether Mr Bennett was interviewed as a witness or a person of interest."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36720...s-washed-overboard-from-their-honeymoon-boat/ (this link has a pic of CG using binoculars to look for her)

"His is now being quizzed by FBI agents."
http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/810719/isabella-hellman-missing-fbi-florida-lewis-bennett

"THE FBI is investigating the disappearance of a British man&#8217;s wife from their honeymoon boat.

Agents quizzed Lewis Bennett, who had told them his Colombian bride Isabella Hellmann was washed overboard in the Florida Straits."

" The FBI would not say whether Mr Bennett was interviewed as a witness or a person of interest."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/36720...s-washed-overboard-from-their-honeymoon-boat/ (this link has a pic of CG using binoculars to look for her)
Hopefully the truth will come of it, whatever that truth is.

I give up trying to link with my Tapatalk!!! I have found several articles speaking to Sal Cays shady reputation for drug and human trafficking as well as illegal fishing. This makes me wonder, was he (they) involved in illegal activity? Did she run afoul of bad characters in the night? The drug angle is starting to make alot of sense to me with all of his vagueness. Could she unknowingly been transporting?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I think Cal Say was only mentioned in relation to where the boat was found. They may or may not have visited Cal Say.

I suppose they could have been involved in something illegal... it is a theory.

1. Hit an unknown object

Sounds almost rehearsed.

I agree we are never going to find out for sure what happened.

I'm really surprised the daily mail hasn't gotten a statement or insider info from his family by now.

It is possible the boat has sunk now. If there were storms, it could have been ripped apart by waves and then sunk. They are made to float but even those designs can be laid to waste by mother nature.

I wonder what is needed to file a claim with the insurance company for loss of a boat like this due to a collision? A Coast Guard report? And would there also be coverage for loss of life? .

I wonder what is needed to file a claim with the insurance company for loss of a boat like this due to a collision? A Coast Guard report? And would there also be coverage for loss of life? .

My neighbor is a marine insurance underwriter. I'll ask him.

I have been wondering for awhile now if Bennet was into smuggling of some sort, and it caught up with them on the water. I hate to think that, but with the fact that he had "money" and endless jobs, perhaps she found out what was really going on, and she threatens to take the baby away from him and his reaction caused her harm.

I still want to know what the whole convo with sister that night was, surely that would have at least shed SOME light. She may have sounded "fine" but did she drop any clues or outright say something that neither side is sharing publicly.

There are more clues I just can't imagine there are this many what ifs and possible explanations to all scenarios.

Bennett commented on his trip to Cuba in the media, not through the family:

First he said:

Bennett said he was going to fly to Cuba, hire a boat and launch his own search for his wife.

[video]http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/26/us/florida-woman-missing-at-sea/index.html[/video]

then he said:

Bennett said at his condominium that federal investigators &#8220;haven&#8217;t accused me of anything&#8221; but that &#8220;I understand why they have to investigate and that is fair enough. I have got nothing to hide. They have to do what they have to do.&#8221; The story doesn&#8217;t say which day the reporter spoke to Bennett.

Bennett also said, &#8220;It is now two weeks since she has been missing, so I am not holding out much hope of seeing her so I have to come to terms with that. This is absolutely devastating for me. She is my soul mate. I thought we were going to be together forever.&#8221;

Bennett told the reporter he had made a trip to Cuba last week and &#8220;met the authorities there and checked every hospital, but there is no sign of her.&#8221; He said he returned to Florida on Saturday. But a neighbor said he told her he&#8217;d lost his passport and couldn&#8217;t travel.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...husband-missing-woman/pmZR6lKdt32kA2npTl5dMO/

On May 17, the night before the U.S. Coast Guard called off the search, a neighbor said he approached Bennett to express his concern and sympathy.

&#8220;He said, &#8216;Yeah. I&#8217;m going to be leaving for England. I&#8217;ve got to move on with my life,&#8217; &#8221; neighbor recalled. &#8220;I said, &#8216;What about the baby?&#8217; He stopped and said, &#8220;Oh. I guess I&#8217;ve got to take her with me, too.&#8217; &#8221;

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...mystery-missing-woman/5reNR5lTYpl2kcOKNxdxaP/

bbm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member