Identified! NJ - Blairstown, Cedar Ridge Cemetery, 'Princess Doe', WhtFem 14-18, 36UFNJ, peacock skirt, Jul'82 - Dawn Olanick *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I did not know this either, I guess that would exclude Valerie she was from Queens...

I dunno. I don't think I would eliminate someone strictly on isotopes or pollen. They're good, but they can be hard to apply. When we got the pollen results for Caledonia Jane Doe, it showed several large areas and a tiny spot down in Florida. We did a lot of searching in those large areas, but it turned out she was from the little spot in Florida.

In this case, we don't know enough about the backgrounds of Valerie Snith or Kasprick to know for sure whether they didn't grow up in AZ.

I'm more concerned about Kasprick's height, at 5'11" versus the petite Princess Doe, but we've had some matches with very large discrepancies recently. And she's facially the closest match.

I think they should both be submitted.

How do I submit Lori Kasprick as a possibility? I sent an email to a detective. RCMP has Lori's DNA. I think the 5'11" might be a typo. 5'1" is more common.

I think I answered my own question, I sent an email to the regional rep on NAMUS. is that the correct thing to do?

:bump: Almost 35 years. :cry:

Beats me why would someone want a teenager dead. Could she have gotten into a gang group? Murdered by a jealous female? Why would she be in a cemetry?

Beats me why would someone want a teenager dead. Could she have gotten into a gang group? Murdered by a jealous female? Why would she be in a cemetry?
Well without being too graphic, there are many reasons. Obviously there could be personal reasons to kill her, or random. Sexual assault, or sexually motivated. Some people enjoy killing people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Well without being too graphic, there are many reasons. Obviously there could be personal reasons to kill her, or random. Sexual assault, or sexually motivated. Some people enjoy killing people.

If i remember correctly she wasn't raped or sexually assaulted. Just her face being savaged to recognition. Which beats me

If i remember correctly she wasn't raped or sexually assaulted. Just her face being savaged to recognition. Which beats me
Well, it can still be sexually motivated without involving rape. Some people "get off" on the violence.

Just looked; they never said if she was or wasn't. And with that level of decomp it may be hard to know for sure.

It will be good if that detective's dream of having Princess Doe re-interred in Arlington National Cemetery is realised.

Article about Princess Doe in the Newest Edition of Weird NJ.

I've lived near here my entire life and the Princess Doe case is a true life tale my mom shared with me from a young age. Growing up in Law Enforcement circles I know people involved in the original investigation and its a case that is special to many people in the area. I recently read a book "The Untold Story of Princess Doe" which is a fictional account of what may have happened to her. I couldn't put it down, and after finishing the book I sat back and was completely overwhelmed by how "real" the story could be. The author was born and raised in Blairstown where Princess Doe's body was found so knows how this young woman has touched the lives of the residents for almost 36 years, so when she wrote the story she hoped to raise awareness about the case and ultimately find out her true identity.

https://www.amazon.com/Untold-Story-Princess-Doe/dp/0965658953

I just found out that Kathleen Kelly has not been ruled out as Princess Doe. The Springdale police stated they collected DNA from Kathleen's siblings but it has yet to be compared. Kathleen disappearance just seems so odd - like was someone promising her a lavish lifestyle and did she just take off with them only to end up dead? - this is only my point of view from reading the Tribune Review article in April about her disappearance.

I just found out that Kathleen Kelly has not been ruled out as Princess Doe. The Springdale police stated they collected DNA from Kathleen's siblings but it has yet to be compared. Kathleen disappearance just seems so odd - like was someone promising her a lavish lifestyle and did she just take off with them only to end up dead? - this is only my point of view from reading the Tribune Review article in April about her disappearance.

Is there a thread for Kathleen Kelly? I tried the search option but no luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam