GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

Thank goodness. What a monster, poor Naomi I hate that he had her for 24-36 hours (most likely). Poor sweet baby. I am curious how FB, Marco Polo, social media played into this, as they mentioned he was known to her (which doesn't sound like it was someone she had only met via internet). Now to see if perhaps justice can be served more than once, I wonder what case they were referring to from 2013?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank goodness. What a monster, poor Naomi I hate that he had her for 24-36 hours (most likely). Poor sweet baby. I am curious how FB, Marco Polo, social media played into this, as they mentioned he was known to her (which doesn't sound like it was someone she had only met via internet). Now to see if perhaps justice can be served more than once, I wonder what case they were referring to from 2013?

I'm thinking he groomed her online. Sick

I heard them mention preparing/executing search warrants for a crime scene but didn't catch if they said where.

Another tragedy that could have been avoided with harsher sentences for rape! So glad justice will be swift. I hope he gets death this time.
Right? I'm so sick of rapists being freed!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

In hindsight I believe they had this case solved from minute one because Sheriff Morgan was right on in all what he said from his initial statements. All they had to do is put a bow around it and I mean this in not slight. I highly respect the way they handled this case from the onset

A quote from myself in another thread for Nakisha.
Monkey See, Monkey Do!

Why is social media so important? More importantly why is social killing our children? There have been literally hundreds of cases and threads started here over the years with this common denominator.

From an article yesterday
http://local15tv.com/news/local/esca...i-jones-murder

"We allow social media and popular culture to raise our children. So think in the final analysis of this case, we're going to find that, probably as much as anything, this was a huge contributor to the demise of Naomi Jones," said Sheriff Morgan," I find that sad. Why? Because I can tell you that law enforcement cannot stop that. Only parents can stop that."
Oh how I agree 100%, half of the parents, probably more are all sitting at dinner table checking their sm, kids grow up seeing that

Every single one of the cases seem to be hit with a plethora of has anyone found her snapchat, has anyone found her Instagram, here is her FB, et cetera.

My oldest is going to be 13 soon and having any type of social media is the furthest thing from their mind. I don't have to check their phone because they are not even interested in one yet they know all the latest models and features. I guess knock on wood.

However until SM is not so important, I have a felling multiple threads are going to be started on this cases. Going 360° on this, I believe the last sentence by Sheriff Morgan is so important... Only parents can stop that. That's why since having kids I, as a parent have no SM, nor have I shown an interest in it, thankfully it is rubbing off on my children.

ETA While that statement made by Sheriff Morgan may or may not true out to be true in Naomi's case, I have no idea, however it is true to a lot of cases.

And at this point it turned out true Great job on wrapping up a case so swiftly!

I'm thinking he groomed her online. Sick

When the sheriff was talking about giving kids phones, he said something along the lines of "and you're giving them a mini computer", but what I expected to hear was "you're giving them a loaded gun" because really, seriously, without proper training, vigilance, and some luck, etc. these children are immediately put in the way of the sickest of the sick. The internet opens up lines of connection and communication with the entire world, and many of the people in it are not well, to say the least.

BREAKING: Alabama man arrested for murder of Naomi Jones

Robert Letroy Howard, 38, of Brewton, Ala., is a convicted sexual predator, sentenced in 1999 to 15 years for 2 counts of sexual assault and rape.

Morgan noted that Howard was identified as a possible suspect during a neighborhood canvas of the Aspen Village Apartments where the young girl lived. His vehicle was captured on video surveillance cameras by residents near the creek where Naomi’s body was found by fishermen. Morgan said Howard was in Pensacola visiting his girlfriend’s residence at the apartment complex on East Johnson Avenue.
Oh my! I am thankful for security cameras!

Good job LE and the citizens of Pensacola.

One thing that struck me this morning was that he was visiting his girlfriend in the area. She's possibly a victim, too. Can you imagine being in an intimate relationship with someone and realizing that when they visited you they were scoping out children to victimize?! It makes me physically ill to think about it. Sick, sick, sick!!!

On a positive note, I'm really glad this is not a case of the parents hurting their child. There has been so much of that lately, and all of it is horrible, but I am particularly disturbed when parents hurt or kill their kids. May these parents find some peace while justice is served, and may this monster NEVER be free!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I am glad to hear of this arrest. I couldn't sleep well last night as I considered that this perp could act again. Convicted in 1999 and served 15 years! Oh that burns me up!

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-d...1ada972cd268092b5ac/Robert-Letroy-Howard.html

I am so relieved to be wrong. Excellent job LE~
I was thinking we might be looking at a serial after hearing yesterdays PC. However, LE is right to alarm and inform the community to be monitoring their children's activities on their cell phones. These predators are everywhere.

RIP sweet Naomi and may the family find some resolve inn the justice system.

When the sheriff was talking about giving kids phones, he said something along the lines of "and you're giving them a mini computer", but what I expected to hear was "you're giving them a loaded gun" because really, seriously, without proper training, vigilance, and some luck, etc. these children are immediately put in the way of the sickest of the sick. The internet opens up lines of connection and communication with the entire world, and many of the people in it are not well, to say the least.

Yes. Great comparison. The risk is exponential and without guidance, kids and teens are trusting and naive to the extent of possible danger.

Poor Naomi. May justice be served and this man rot.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am so relieved to be wrong. Excellent job LE~
I was thinking we might be looking at a serial after hearing yesterdays PC. However, LE is right to alarm and inform the community to be monitoring their children's activities on their cell phones. These predators are everywhere.

RIP sweet Naomi and may the family find some resolve inn the justice system.
There is no true justice....I weep.[emoji25] [emoji25]

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

It looks like this monster has a young child that he seems to love....:sigh:

How could he be a father and then do this evil vile thing to a beautiful young girl...?

How could he be a father and then do this evil vile thing to a beautiful young girl...?
Typical of anti-social behaviour. Bundy had wife and girlfriends during his crime years.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho