GUILTY FL - Naomi Jones, 12, Pensacola, 31 May 2017 *Arrest*

i agree that it sounds like he may have committed a similar crime close by.

RIP beautiful girl!

trust me... after many years in law corrections... both with juveniles and adults....... alittle RUSTY.... But i WILL... say this.... if he's been out of prison since 2013.... there is more out there..... i will go along with fighting DEAMONS.... but in this case... it didn't work... <modsnip>i have no MERCY for this........ you hear ME....NONE....

Dancing, smiling and full of life. That's how Naomi Jones' former principal will remember the child whose life was taken too soon.

Channel 3's David Gonzalez spoke with Naomi's former principal of Ferry Pass Elementary School, Rhonda Shuford. She said the school is mourning the shocking loss of its former student.

Shuford said one of the last memories she has of Naomi is at the 5th grade banquet. She remembers the vibrant 12-year-old dancing, smiling and just being really happy.

http://weartv.com/news/local/naomi-jones-remembered-as-a-happy-caring-child

Federal agents and Alabama law enforcement officers searched Robert Howard's East Brewton, Alabama home. Most of his neighbors in his trailer park did not seem to know him very well.

Others who have lived in the community all their lives say they remember him as a star running back for one of the high schools in the area. They also remember when he was arrested, charged and convicted of sex crimes after graduation.

http://weartv.com/news/local/federal-agents-search-home-of-naomi-jones-accused-murderer

good job LE

now let justice be served

Young girl&#8217;s murder a reminder of social media dangers

&#8220;This is a horrific case for our community,&#8221; said Brad Dennis, founder of Called 2 Rescue and national search director for KlaasKIDS. &#8220;It also gives us a wake-up call. It&#8217;s an opportunity to learn. Prevention is always better than reacting.&#8221;

Jennifer Clark, victim advocate at Emerald Coast Children&#8217;s Advocacy Center, said the details of Naomi&#8217;s case are similar to many other missing children. Social media has become such a big issue that CAC is putting together educational programs to teach elementary-aged kids and their parents how to be safe online.

&#8220;This is very devastating,&#8221; Clark said. &#8220;We work every day to protect children. Sometimes, this news is almost too much to take.&#8221;

Dennis said Called 2 Rescue and KlaasKIDS will be &#8220;picking up the pace&#8221; with their training seminars as well.

Evans said it&#8217;s important to remember that just because a child becomes a victim, it doesn&#8217;t mean they have a bad parent. Unfortunately, there is horrific crime everywhere.

&#8220;The No. 1 thing the public needs to realize is that it can happen here,&#8221; he said. &#8220;Just because this is not a metropolitan area ... we still need to be vigilant when it comes to our children. And it&#8217;s not just online vigilance. It&#8217;s knowing who your children are coming in contact with, from adults to other children.&#8221;

(bbm)

"Understand that entire complex was on our radar if you lived in that complex you were a person of interest to us," said Morgan.
Five days of searching, days of tears and emotion, volunteers and detectives gave their all.

"We haven't had may good days and today and today is a good day, today we arrested a killer of a child," said Chief Deputy Chip Simmons.

The Sheriff says Naomi was familiar with Howard and they believe he acted alone. " He was frequenter of that complex, he was not unknown to our victim, so there was a casual relationship developed if you will, meaning she knew him," said Morgan.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/arrest-made-in-murder-of-naomi-jones

Young girl’s murder a reminder of social media dangers

“This is a horrific case for our community,” said Brad Dennis, founder of Called 2 Rescue and national search director for KlaasKIDS. “It also gives us a wake-up call. It’s an opportunity to learn. Prevention is always better than reacting.”

Jennifer Clark, victim advocate at Emerald Coast Children’s Advocacy Center, said the details of Naomi’s case are similar to many other missing children. Social media has become such a big issue that CAC is putting together educational programs to teach elementary-aged kids and their parents how to be safe online.

“This is very devastating,” Clark said. “We work every day to protect children. Sometimes, this news is almost too much to take.”

Dennis said Called 2 Rescue and KlaasKIDS will be “picking up the pace” with their training seminars as well.

Evans said it’s important to remember that just because a child becomes a victim, it doesn’t mean they have a bad parent. Unfortunately, there is horrific crime everywhere.

“The No. 1 thing the public needs to realize is that it can happen here,” he said. “Just because this is not a metropolitan area ... we still need to be vigilant when it comes to our children. And it’s not just online vigilance. It’s knowing who your children are coming in contact with, from adults to other children.”

(bbm)
Thanks for sharing the articles, as usual liltexans!

Education is the key. With apps changing all the time, it is a daunting task to even know what to look for and how to best help your child be safe online. I work for a CAC and this made me think of the need to partner with the state police, who have developed a training regarding online safety for parents. The more people that can get this information, the better.

My deepest thoughts and prayers for Naomi's family in this devastating time of loss.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Age 12 is such a 'dangerous' age for young kids. They are still naive and vulnerable but they have this mental growth spurt and hormones that lead them to believe they are grown, invincible, and able to make their own decisions.

They will meet a man like this and decide he is safe because they 'know' him, know his girlfriend and children---they 'know' he is not a stranger. :sigh:

:star: Rip beautiful Miss Naomi :rose:

One thing that struck me this morning was that he was visiting his girlfriend in the area. She's possibly a victim, too. Can you imagine being in an intimate relationship with someone and realizing that when they visited you they were scoping out children to victimize?! It makes me physically ill to think about it. Sick, sick, sick!!!

On a positive note, I'm really glad this is not a case of the parents hurting their child. There has been so much of that lately, and all of it is horrible, but I am particularly disturbed when parents hurt or kill their kids. May these parents find some peace while justice is served, and may this monster NEVER be free!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
I thought the same thing.

Hundreds gather to honor Naomi Jones at vigil

The girl's grandmother, Tarai Jones, told the crowd of people &#8212; many of whom were dressed in pink and purple to honor Naomi's love of Hello Kitty &#8212; that the evening was meant for celebration. If Naomi was there, she said, she would have been dancing.

"We don't have to cry, because you know what? Naomi is in a good place &#8230; . You can wipe your tears away, this is a celebration," she said.

Naomi's mom, Shantara Hurry, was asked to come to the stage and see just how many people turned out to offer their condolences.

"She's everything to me,"Hurry said through tears. "I see how many lives she's touched, and if God had my baby and chose me to be the mother to her, just for this very one reason, I promise it was worth it."

Naomi Jones case: What we know about Robert Howard and his first victims

But, why is everyone in the small town of Brewton shocked? Howard is a known sex offender who spent 15 years in prison for a rape case in 1999.

One woman said she is related to his first victim and admits they didn't believe her. She said back in 1998-199 the entire town questioned her initial rape allegations. When she saw Howard's face in her TV screen this morning, she couldn't believe it.

"I didn't want to believe he did, what they accused him of doing," she said, "it was a total shock".

I find that he had a GF just unbelievable.

When are we going to stop letting sexual predators out of jail? When are we going to protect our kids from them? When are we going to start putting the lives of our kids before those of the proven predators? I just do not understand this at all.

Young girl&#8217;s murder a reminder of social media dangers

&#8220;This is a horrific case for our community,&#8221; said Brad Dennis, founder of Called 2 Rescue and national search director for KlaasKIDS. &#8220;It also gives us a wake-up call. It&#8217;s an opportunity to learn. Prevention is always better than reacting.&#8221;

Jennifer Clark, victim advocate at Emerald Coast Children&#8217;s Advocacy Center, said the details of Naomi&#8217;s case are similar to many other missing children. Social media has become such a big issue that CAC is putting together educational programs to teach elementary-aged kids and their parents how to be safe online.

&#8220;This is very devastating,&#8221; Clark said. &#8220;We work every day to protect children. Sometimes, this news is almost too much to take.&#8221;

Dennis said Called 2 Rescue and KlaasKIDS will be &#8220;picking up the pace&#8221; with their training seminars as well.

Evans said it&#8217;s important to remember that just because a child becomes a victim, it doesn&#8217;t mean they have a bad parent. Unfortunately, there is horrific crime everywhere.

&#8220;The No. 1 thing the public needs to realize is that it can happen here,&#8221; he said. &#8220;Just because this is not a metropolitan area ... we still need to be vigilant when it comes to our children. And it&#8217;s not just online vigilance. It&#8217;s knowing who your children are coming in contact with, from adults to other children.&#8221;

(bbm)

I am confused. I thought Naomi knew him from around the complex. What did social media have to do with it? Did they communicate on social media too? Sorry if I missed something.

RIP Naomi. So sad.

So glad there's been an arrest, but its so awful to think about what Naomi likely went through. :( He will hopefully be behind bars now and unable to ever hurt another woman or child again.

As for the perp, add to the list another one who has preyed on both adult and child victims.

Naomi Jones case: What we know about Robert Howard and his first victims

But, why is everyone in the small town of Brewton shocked? Howard is a known sex offender who spent 15 years in prison for a rape case in 1999.

One woman said she is related to his first victim and admits they didn't believe her. She said back in 1998-199 the entire town questioned her initial rape allegations. When she saw Howard's face in her TV screen this morning, she couldn't believe it.

"I didn't want to believe he did, what they accused him of doing," she said, "it was a total shock".

His first known survivor had to live with people questioning her-- the whole town, in fact. Says to me that this man may have some sociopathic qualities as so many were willing to believe him rather than a survivor of his crime. So sad for the other people he has hurt because it seems like they were not believed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back