NY NY - Bronx, Mosholu Pkwy, WhtFem 35-45, UP4902, nude in metal cabinet on sidewalk, 2 sheets, Mar'98

ghostINshell

Reaction score
*GRAPHIC* White Female found in NYC on March 2, 1998.

POST MORTEM in both links!!
Namus: https://identifyus.org/cases/4902
Doe network: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1106ufny.html

Date of Discovery: March 2, 1998
Location of Discovery: New York, Bronx County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Unknown
Physical Description
Estimated Age: 35-45 years old
Race: White
Height: 4'7", Measured
Weight: 163 lbs., Measured
Hair Color: Brown, short and closely shaved on the sides with 1” over the top.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features:Unknown
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery:
The victim was found nude inside of a metal cabinet that was placed on the sidewalk at 75 West Mosholu Parkway. Her head was wrapped in duct tape and multiple layers of plastic wrap. Included with the body were two bed sheets - one white and one white with cartoon characters.

RULE OUTS:
Lisa Crouse
Diane Kennedy
Joanne Williams
Carol Wood

This is such a sad UID I hope she gets identified soon enough....
0afd5be4ca9ceff5e7dc27ca3249859d.jpg

Ok so off with the height at 5 foot 3 and weight at 185lbs, but this one has a similar face (to the post mortem) in my opinion.

She also had shoulder length hair at the time she went missing, but we all know haircuts happen.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1700dfwa.html

[FONT=&amp]Mary Frances Hunter
Missing since September 1, 1996 from Oak Harbor, Island County, Washington
Classification: Missing
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics[/FONT]

• [*]Date Of Birth: November 30, 1960
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 185 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Olive skin.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Hunter has white patches on her skin created by the medical condition "vitiligo" on her abdomen, chest, face, right hand and neck. A scar on left hand.
  • Dentals: Available

[FONT=&amp]Circumstances of Disappearance
Hunter was last seen at her residence on board Naval Air Station Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor, Washington on September 1, 1996.
She left behind two children, a husband, her dog, vehicle and a significant amount of money in her bank account.

and another:

[/FONT]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3544dfnc.html

[h=1]3544DFNC - Kathi Jean Warren[/h]Name: Kathi Jean Warren
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 08, 1996
Location Last Seen: Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Date of Birth: October 20, 1956
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Her ears are pierced.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available; partial dentures

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Black dress, black cowboy boots, black shawl.

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h]Kathi Warren left her residence on Kapplewood Ct on March 8th 1996 to attend a concert at Coyote Joe’s located at 4621 Wilkinson Blvd. in Charlotte, NC. Kathi did not return home that night and her family has not heard from her since that time.

Ok so off with the height at 5 foot 3 and weight at 185lbs, but this one has a similar face (to the post mortem) in my opinion.

She also had shoulder length hair at the time she went missing, but we all know haircuts happen.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1700dfwa.html

[FONT=&amp]Mary Frances Hunter
Missing since September 1, 1996 from Oak Harbor, Island County, Washington
Classification: Missing
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Vital Statistics[/FONT]

• [*]Date Of Birth: November 30, 1960
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 185 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Olive skin.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Hunter has white patches on her skin created by the medical condition "vitiligo" on her abdomen, chest, face, right hand and neck. A scar on left hand.
  • Dentals: Available

[FONT=&amp]Circumstances of Disappearance
Hunter was last seen at her residence on board Naval Air Station Whidbey Island in Oak Harbor, Washington on September 1, 1996.
She left behind two children, a husband, her dog, vehicle and a significant amount of money in her bank account.

and another:

[/FONT]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3544dfnc.html

[h=1]3544DFNC - Kathi Jean Warren[/h]Name: Kathi Jean Warren
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: March 08, 1996
Location Last Seen: Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, North Carolina

[h=2]Physical Description[/h]Date of Birth: October 20, 1956
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 125 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Her ears are pierced.

[h=2]Identifiers[/h]Dentals: Available; partial dentures

[h=2]Clothing & Personal Items[/h]Clothing: Black dress, black cowboy boots, black shawl.

[h=2]Circumstances of Disappearance[/h]Kathi Warren left her residence on Kapplewood Ct on March 8th 1996 to attend a concert at Coyote Joe’s located at 4621 Wilkinson Blvd. in Charlotte, NC. Kathi did not return home that night and her family has not heard from her since that time.

Kathi looks pretty similar. With Mary it said she had vitiligo which the medical examiner should have said that the UID had it...

I wish that LE, namus, and doe network showed a picture of the blankets especially the cartoon blanket. That would be suuuper helpful and is probably the biggest clue in identifying this UID.

Since her hair isn't pictured (possibly because of damage from the duct tape) they way they describe it it may look similar to this.
attachment.php

I wonder if the hair was cut neatly or messily/recently because I know long hair might of gotten in the way of the duct taping of the head.

Attachments

• abda049b2b8dea2d395782e4a89fbf35.jpg
    abda049b2b8dea2d395782e4a89fbf35.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 301
Since her hair isn't pictured (possibly because of damage from the duct tape) they way they describe it it may look similar to this.
attachment.php

I wonder if the hair was cut neatly or messily/recently because I know long hair might of gotten in the way of the duct taping of the head.
Aha!!!! Thanks CountEveryMoment!!! Such a big help!!![emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Was short hair like that on women a thing in the 90's? I also wonder if she had it that way or if her murder(s) shaved it off. I suppose if it was short on the sides and a 1 on top the guilty party would probably not have gone to that trouble to "fade" it.

Was short hair like that on women a thing in the 90's? I also wonder if she had it that way or if her murder(s) shaved it off. I suppose if it was short on the sides and a 1 on top the guilty party would probably not have gone to that trouble to "fade" it.
That kind of hairstyle was I believe pretty popular in the 90s my mom had that kind of hairstyle during that time actually.

I think that this UID was tortured terribly and may have had her hair chopped off by her attacker. a la the Hispanic woman who was brutally murdered in TX... she was ID a few years back but I cant remember her name

I think that this UID was tortured terribly and may have had her hair chopped off by her attacker. a la the Hispanic woman who was brutally murdered in TX... she was ID a few years back but I cant remember her name
Tru and the way the killer duct taped her and then put her in a cabinet. I wonder if the cabinet had some kind of serial number on it???

joann Cisneros perez was the woman. she disappeared and was found dead 6 months later but had not been dead that long... and was UID for a year. her hands were cut off and her head was also wrapped in plastic plastic bag that was duct taped on. someone had kept her for awhile.

That's a hefty body weight for the height.

Of the two missing women suggested, one had vitiligo and the second a partial plate, likely both will be rule-outs.

cvaldez, yep there is a story here, likely a horror story!

Purely speculation on my part... but, I can't help but think that this lady had some sort of developmental disability, mental illness or both and hence why the cartoon sheet and possible institutional like hair cut.

From her appearance, she doesn't strike me as the "fashionable 90s short haircut" type, and would more likely have a homemade buzz cut. Also, the cartoon sheet might have been hers, if in fact she was developmentally disabled.

Which leads me to wonder, was she in a group home or institutionalized? Or was she under the care of a relative, who could easily have the time, place and means to torture her and also, hide the fact that she is dead by collecting her Social Security?

Additionally, this person was killed only days previously, which leads me to believe the killer knew when garbage day was, and hence perhaps a person who had formerly worked/lived in the area as a janitor with easy access to a metal cabinet.

Sorry, my wheels were turning last night... take it for what it's worth.:blushing:

Purely speculation on my part... but, I can't help but think that this lady had some sort of developmental disability, mental illness or both and hence why the cartoon sheet and possible institutional like hair cut.

From her appearance, she doesn't strike me as the "fashionable 90s short haircut" type, and would more likely have a homemade buzz cut. Also, the cartoon sheet might have been hers, if in fact she was developmentally disabled.

Which leads me to wonder, was she in a group home or institutionalized? Or was she under the care of a relative, who could easily have the time, place and means to torture her and also, hide the fact that she is dead by collecting her Social Security?

Additionally, this person was killed only days previously, which leads me to believe the killer knew when garbage day was, and hence perhaps a person who had formerly worked/lived in the area as a janitor with easy access to a metal cabinet.

Sorry, my wheels were turning last night... take it for what it's worth.:blushing:
Thanks coffee!!! Tbh I never thought about her being mentally ill. It actually does go together with why the cartoon blanket was there. I was thinking the blanket belonged to her children or it belonged to the killer...

Her eyebrows look like they were maintained. They looked plucked or waxed to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Her eyebrows look like they were maintained. They looked plucked or waxed to me.

Yea so I guess her caretaker or even herself if she was mentally ill was in some sort of way being taken care of.

We obviously don't know her circumstances but I get an adult dependent vibe. If she was being looked after someone, she could have very well been a victim of abuse at the hands of her caregiver. If she was bedridden and never went outside, no one would know if she went missing or even existed.
Sadly, I believe this is one of those cases where she was never reported missing.
Again, all just speculation on my part.
Sidenote: Based on her hairstyle, face and body type, I think she would resemble the character Boo from Orange Is The New Black. IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back