Identified! CT - Stonington (Ledyard), WhtFem UP8909, 18-30, JNHS 1917 Class Ring, Lady Clairol hair roller set, May'74 - Linda Sue Childers

Then today I came across this woman.. it all seems to sort of fit but and she is to said to have Auburn hair.. the only thing is the age.. she is 33 I believe in 1970... but this girl really looks like the sketch.. she was wanted for forgery in florida.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_2,_NO_12,_FEBRUARY_1959.pdf

2884677990045078242S425x425Q851[1].jpgIMG_1393.jpg

ANNETTE BARON
Also known as JUANITA RAYE, JUANITA RAYE SPURLOCK, JEAN C. HAWKINS, RENEE WINKLE Y, JUANITA JEAN WINKLEY, white female, date of birth 8-12-37, 5' 2", 104,

brown or auburn hair, brown eyes. Rather unkempt appearance, wears soiled clothing. Warrant issued, charge Forgery. If apprehended notify Police Dept., Hollywood, Fla., or The Florida Sheriffs Bureau, Tallahassee, Florida.

Then today I came across this woman.. it all seems to sort of fit but and she is to said to have Auburn hair.. the only thing is the age.. she is 33 I believe in 1970... but this girl really looks like the sketch.. she was wanted for forgery in florida.
https://www.flsheriffs.org/uploads/star/THE_SHERIFFS_STAR_VOL_2,_NO_12,_FEBRUARY_1959.pdf

View attachment 115349View attachment 115350

ANNETTE BARON
Also known as JUANITA RAYE, JUANITA RAYE SPURLOCK, JEAN C. HAWKINS, RENEE WINKLE Y, JUANITA JEAN WINKLEY, white female, date of birth 8-12-37, 5' 2", 104,

brown or auburn hair, brown eyes. Rather unkempt appearance, wears soiled clothing. Warrant issued, charge Forgery. If apprehended notify Police Dept., Hollywood, Fla., or The Florida Sheriffs Bureau, Tallahassee, Florida.

Wow - the resemblance is uncanny!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I'm grasping at very flimsy straws with this question, but I wonder if Mr Glover (or anyone posting on the website below) would have any memories of our UID??

http://glover320.blogspot.com/2014/01/1941-grand-opening-of-white-horse.html

Because I believe our UID frequented/work-at White Horse Bowling/Frontier Room, I wrote to Mr Glover (blogspot owner) and asked if he would consider sharing this case on his website - I thought there might be a slight chance his readers might remember her or someone/something of value. Unfortunately... he wasn't receptive.

Is there anything else left to try??

Well, I was going to just come do a quick post about a missing person who could match our UID and fell down a 3-hour rabbit hole of re-reading this thread. We uncovered so much information! We need a movie about Carmichael.

Everything about this case is so intriguing.... there should be a movie! At the center of it all is this young murder victim who (imo) found herself caught-up with some very bad people. Will she ever get her name back??

Everything about this case is so intriguing.... there should be a movie! At the center of it all is this young murder victim who (imo) found herself caught-up with some very bad people. Will she ever get her name back??

I can't believe that the phone bills are a dead end. I just don't get it.

If anyone can help...

I'm looking for an old news report (regarding the trial of Brandt & Defreitas) specifically mentioning testimony by "Munson". The way old news articles now appear, as well as the occasional typo... I can't seem to find it, but I'm sure it exists. IIRC, "A Munson" testified in Brandt's defense... I think she attended his NYE party.

TIA for any assistance :)

If anyone can help...

I'm looking for an old news report (regarding the trial of Brandt & Defreitas) specifically mentioning testimony by "Munson". The way old news articles now appear, as well as the occasional typo... I can't seem to find it, but I'm sure it exists. IIRC, "A Munson" testified in Brandt's defense... I think she attended his NYE party.

Well, I was trying to find it and instead found this fascinating Supreme Court of Connecticut opinion that goes over the details of the crime: http://law.justia.com/cases/connecticut/supreme-court/1980/179-conn-431-2.html

One of the things that really surprised me was how articulate Brandt and Defreitas were in objecting to the introduction of inadmissible evidence and the Judge's jury instructions afterward, as evidenced in this exchange:

A short time later the defendants Brant and DeFreitas renewed their argument before the trial court and concluded with a motion for a mistrial which the court denied.

"Mr. DeFreitas: I want to address the court, your Honor, in my own behalf.

The Court: Mr. DeFreitas, the court has sustained your counsel's objection, I don't know particularly now how you can improve on it.

Mr. Brant: What about the damage that has been done? ...

*458 Mr. DeFreitas: I'm not debating a ruling, your Honor, what I'm saying in essence before the man got on the stand they should have made some

Mr. Brant: Some objection.

Mr. DeFreitas: Before he said anything.

Mr. Brant: We asked them to.

Mr. DeFreitas: We didn't have the voir dire, and if he said I shot him and identified me, that would have been it.... and every time Mr. Satti does this, the court instructs the record to read, `Don't hear what you heard, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, disregard the last thing,' for some reason or another. What does that help? The jury already heard it, the implication, the inference is that I shot this man, and I did not shoot this man, but the inference is there. We wanted to object before on the same thing with the Railroad Salvage thing. The same thing with that policeman, I had pleaded guilty to that thing and I got convicted, they are trying me on three different charges here, and I object to the whole line of reasoning here and this is the cart before the horse, here's a man who comes in here, and I'm sorry about your problem, believe me, we've got our problems, but he comes in here and we are put in a position because the attorneys don't object, they get the jury hearing the whole thing and now the court overrules or sustains it, it's too late, your Honor, and I ask for a mistrial, at this time I'm asking for a mistrial.

Mr. Brant: And I join that.

Mr. DeFreitas: The whole thing

Mr. Brant: There's no way that can be erased, what the jury just heard, the man was shot a few *459 times, there's still a bullet in his heart, et cetera. The jury has heard that testimony and I maintain the cumulative action of all of that testimony when late objection was made is so prejudicial as to deny us a fair trial at this point and I move the court on my behalf, and he just spoke for himself, for a mistrial or a separate trial at this time, and you can rule against it or do what you want to do.

The Court: Thank you.... Your respective pro se motions for mistrials or separate trials are denied."[14]

I've probably read all of this before, but the nice thing about having a poor memory is that I keep rediscovering things that I find interesting.

If anyone can help...

Found one!

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/4557926/

"Double Murder Trial Starts NEW LONDON, Coon. <UP1) — The defense has begun in the double-murder case of Donald R. Brant, 43, and Richard DeFreitas, 36. 'The. first witoess, AUegra Munsoo of Hiddletown, R.I., an employe of the Rhode Island public defenders office, Tuesday- disputed the testimony of two; key protecution witnesses about the pair's location the day of the alleged murders. • Brant and DeFreitas are accused of killing Gustavous Carmichad, 38, of Baton and ap , unidentified : woman in Ledyard on Dec. 31, 1*70. Their bodes were found in May, 1974, when DeFreitas' former com- inon4iw wife Joanne ltd police to them. .Mix Murson testified she arrived at a party at Brant's rented- QuoDOcnontaug, R.I. cottage »1 8:30 pjn. on Dec. 31, 1*70 and left at 9:30. She said Brant and DeFreitas were both there when she arrived. Mn. DtFrdUs mtified toe pair were, in Ledyard until atoot 10 PJD. Jama Gardner, * former partner of the pair, hid tertifM'ht afrhtd at the party at 1»:M and that lfin i arriwd after he dW. "

Seems like it will take a little decoding, but the gist involves Allegra Munson who is a public defender (subsequently disciplined in the State of Rhode Island for committing a crime punishable by up to a year in prison...interesting...) testifying that Brandt and DeFreitas weren't where another witness testified on the day of the murders. I guess she went to a party at Brandt's house in Rhode Island on New Year's.

Found one!

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/4557926/

"Double Murder Trial Starts NEW LONDON, Coon. <UP1) &#8212; The defense has begun in the double-murder case of Donald R. Brant, 43, and Richard DeFreitas, 36. 'The. first witoess, AUegra Munsoo of Hiddletown, R.I., an employe of the Rhode Island public defenders office, Tuesday- disputed the testimony of two; key protecution witnesses about the pair's location the day of the alleged murders. &#8226; Brant and DeFreitas are accused of killing Gustavous Carmichad, 38, of Baton and ap , unidentified : woman in Ledyard on Dec. 31, 1*70. Their bodes were found in May, 1974, when DeFreitas' former com- inon4iw wife Joanne ltd police to them. .Mix Murson testified she arrived at a party at Brant's rented- QuoDOcnontaug, R.I. cottage »1 8:30 pjn. on Dec. 31, 1*70 and left at 9:30. She said Brant and DeFreitas were both there when she arrived. Mn. DtFrdUs mtified toe pair were, in Ledyard until atoot 10 PJD. Jama Gardner, * former partner of the pair, hid tertifM'ht afrhtd at the party at 1»:M and that lfin i arriwd after he dW. "

Seems like it will take a little decoding, but the gist involves Allegra Munson who is a public defender (subsequently disciplined in the State of Rhode Island for committing a crime punishable by up to a year in prison...interesting...) testifying that Brandt and DeFreitas weren't where another witness testified on the day of the murders. I guess she went to a party at Brandt's house in Rhode Island on New Year's.

Found another related one. She married a man who was in prison for bank robbery named John Ouimette. She was forced to leave her position as public defender after sending a note on public defender stationary requesting that an inmate create fake license plates for Ouimette (whom she was not married to at the time but subsequently did marry).

https://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-25199.html

Title R.I. OFFICIAL TO LEAVE PUBLIC DEFENDER'S POST

Newspaper name BOSTON GLOBE

JC (BG)

Date - SUNDAY July 4, 1982

Author Associated Press

Edition FIRST

Section heading RUN OF PAPER

word Count 204

Dateline PROVIDENCE -

Lead paragraph Assistant public defender Allegra Munson, fined $500 for illegally requesting that a state prison inmate make three license plates, will leave her job this month.
Munson, 36, was fined Friday by Superior Court Judge Francis M. Kiely, who could have sentenced her to a year in prison on the misdemeanor charge of attempted larceny.

TX_TX She pleaded guilty to the count Feb. 26 in a plea bargaining agreement under which the state dropped charges of conveying contraband into the Adult Correctional Institutions, a felony, and dereliction of duty, a misdemeanor.
Public Defender William Reilly said Munson, an 11-year veteran of the department, is leaving her $35,108-a-year post voluntarily. The charges stem from a note sent last year on Munson's legal stationery to inmate George Brown, asking him to make three plates. The note, which was signed "Allegra," indicated one of the plates was intended for a friend of John Ouimette.

Ouimette is serving a life sentence for his alleged role in the multi- million-dollar Bonded Vault robbery.

Police charged that the note was an illegal request for license plates.

The Registry of Motor Vehicles would have no record of the plates if they were made at the prison and sent directly to someone. AG0519;07/03,09:54 CORCOR;07/06,11 B07814620

Skigirl... I sent you another message (rethinking my thoughts) but your inbox is full

Not completely caught up on this one yet but i saw the sketch and thought she needed a better reconstruction... So I started one but was unsure about how accurate the sketch was or how useful a colored version would be so i stopped (if anyone thinks it'd be useful i can finish)
39991558e1f1d5f7810723cf253fcef3.jpg

I'm totally confused, too. Anyone have any idea what all of that means? Was he released by RI to CT where he still had a sentence to serve? And then was up for parole but the parole with a release date in 2012, which was later revoked before he was released?

I was looking at the numbers on the phone bill on NamUs and found out that (215) 788-7059 belonged to a man named Anthony D Salerno in Bristol, PA. His home was built in 1962 and I'm not finding any records of sales, so it's possible he lived there and had that same phone number in 1970. He would have been 50 years old back then. It looks like he may have died in 2011.
His son is Anthony J Salerno, who also lived at that home and is 65 years old, so he would have been 18 in 1970. Maybe she was calling him because he was a friend of hers?

The 461-7068 number in Riverside NJ on the phone bill is (856) 461-7068. The number belonged to James A Paparides, who died in 2006 and would have been 49 in 1970. The home associated with the number was built in 1963, so there's a chance he had the same phone number back in 1970. The house was sold in 2013 and based on the photos of the decor, the owners lived there since the '60s or '70s.
It looks like he also had a son named James A Paparides (Jr.), who would have been 16 years old in 1970. Maybe another friend of Jane Doe's?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back