Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

this doesn't look like Judy. The eyes are spread too far. I can't tell because the pic is small, is it an artist's rendering?

I have moles on my neck but Judy really didn't - not on the front anyway, that I remember.

Judy was 5'11" (I am 5'10") Thank you for thinking of her. :)

Thanks for checking this out for us, Maureen. I think the picture you're referring to is the reconstruction CarlK did, there are larger versions of it in on previous pages if you want to take another look. Hope all is well!

can you post a link to other images of this Doe? Or her namus page? I'd love to see more. ( I've been in and out of the thread but really haven't spent a lot of time on it. My 3 kids always need me for something, usually when they hear the clackity clack of the keyboard. :) )

Judy did not have spina bifida. She did have a D&C performed in about 1979; she may have had children after her disappearance in 1980, it is unknown. Were either of the front teeth discolored ? Was it apparent that there was extensive dental work done on her? Has she been ruled out in NAMUS (Judy is 8051)

can you post a link to other images of this Doe? Or her namus page? I'd love to see more. ( I've been in and out of the thread but really haven't spent a lot of time on it. My 3 kids always need me for something, usually when they hear the clackity clack of the keyboard. :) )

https://identifyus.org/cases/489

Were either of the front teeth discolored ?

The upper front teeth were missing when the skull was found. The representation of the gaps and alignment of her teeth is based on a careful examination of the empty sockets on the skull

Was it apparent that there was extensive dental work done on her?

* 8 teeth had fillings (3, 4, 12, 13, 14, 19, 29, and 30)
* 8 teeth fell out after her death (5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 24, 25, and 26)
* All four wisdom teeth (1, 16, 17, and 32) were extracted.
* All four second molars (2, 15, 18, and 31) were also missing or extracted prior to her death.

Has she been ruled out in NAMUS (Judy is 8051)

No.

Thanks for taking the time, Maureen. Sorry we couldn't say it was Judy. :-( The search continues.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/penson_karen.html

I think Karen looks a lot like CarlK's recon. I also remember how Carl or someone said they believed this woman was dismembered b/c if she were ID'd it might lead directly back to her killer. Seems like Karen's killer was likely her husband. She doesn't show a gap in her teeth, but who knows.

I have read this total thread...interesting....the sockets and the gap.........

a03682fa-f02e-4f29-9a83-6f8a99624d16.jpg
b04743bb-d2f4-4e6d-ac16-2a608cb2ddbe.jpg

Earlier this week, one of my FB followers pointed me to a facebook post from a woman saying that her sister (Sheila Annette Pauley - DOB 16-Apr-1960) has been missing since 1980. I had never heard of Sheila, so I did some research. Any time I see an unlisted young woman missing from 1980, I immediately think Buckskin Girl? Arroyo Grande? Walker County Jane?

Well, I found Sheila's freshman photo in the 1976 Palo Verde HS yearbook in Blythe CA. Definitely not BG, AGJD, or WCJD. But could she be Spokane Jane?

I contacted her sister, and learned about the circumstances of her disappearance. Apparently, she was at a bar/restaurant in Ehrenburg Arizona some time in 1980 (Date uncertain), and when she left, several biker types were seen following her out the door. She has never been seen again.

The timeframe and distance are problematic, but not impossible.

But her height is right. Her age is right. Her light hair is right. she has a history of childbirth (she had an infant son at the time of her disapperance).

And as you can see, she has the "look".

I am in the process now of trying to find out if a MP report is on file for her, and I have started a NamUs casefile for her.

Sheila's sister sent me a photo of Sheila that is more contemporary to her disappearance (i.e., around 1979-1980).

The photo isn't clear enough to evaluate whether she has moles on her neck similar to Millie's moles. The spots near her jawline are specks of dirt on the photo.

e68df026-c219-4353-9e40-4e6256afcab8.jpg

Thank you for the update, CarlK
I will subscribe to her thread.

Sheila's sister sent me a photo of Sheila that is more contemporary to her disappearance (i.e., around 1979-1980).

The photo isn't clear enough to evaluate whether she has moles on her neck similar to Millie's moles. The spots near her jawline are specks of dirt on the photo.

e68df026-c219-4353-9e40-4e6256afcab8.jpg

Did her sister had the opportunity to look at your reconstruction? I have the feeling that you are somehow close. Did her sister could recall her story, knows anything about how her life was? Does is add up somehow?

Stupid question, but why does UID is called Millie?

Did her sister had the opportunity to look at your reconstruction? I have the feeling that you are somehow close. Did her sister could recall her story, knows anything about how her life was? Does is add up somehow?

I did send the reconstruction to two of Sheila's half-sisters. I didn't ask what they thought of the resemblance, and they didn't offer. She has three sisters, all with different fathers, but the sister who lives in Blythe (who gave me the photo) isn't very close with the other two. I have also been in contact with a sister who lives in Louisiana. The other sister lives in Minnesota, but I have not been in contact with her.

Sheila's son, who was less than a year old when Sheila was last seen, is now in prison in Alabama. He has agreed to give a DNA FRS, as has the sister in Blythe.

The circumstances are that she left a bar on the Arizona side of the Colorado River, followed by several biker types, and was never seen again. Under those circumstances, she might have been killed right at that time, or she may have been held by force. Her family doesn't believe that she would have willfully abandoned her son.

But the Spokane - Coeur D'Alene Idaho area is very well-populated by biker types, and she also has a connection to Virginia City Montana, which is not far from Spokane/Coeur D'Alene..

Stupid question, but why does UID is called Millie?

The 10 year old daughter of the detective who was working on the case came up with the name "Millie" while they were transporting the skull to the forensic anthropologist's office in Seattle.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caseymarie9316
Back