Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since all the" do gooders" destroyed the crime scene not sure "what " the PD had to investigate . Assign blame to those individuals .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You just want your girls to be safe , in this world lots of concern and alertness are definitely Justified .

It's unbelievable but these perps had all the luck they could dream for,
the crime scene was so contaminated and crucial evidence erased,
After all these years None of the facts and the suspicions led to someone specific that the police could arrest. I think the perps didn't believed that 25 years from the date of the crime they will still be able to continue their lives , ( unless one of them are in prison for unrelated crime or dead?
True😉
We can hope someone talks, ( we all know it happens, even years later ) a confession is given, or technology advances to the point where certain evidence ( crime scenes ) could be tested/retested/examined...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Was it confirmed Sherrill had the house rekeyed? Was it after Suzie made a statement to police? Did Suzie see the grave robber after she moved back in with Sherrill? I'm not saying Suzie didn't give someone a key. I just don't know why she would have.
The broken globe bugs me. I just don't believe it happened during a a struggle. Someone would've had to have hit it just right. As close as the light is to the door it seems the fixture would've been damaged during a fight with an attacker. The light is a straight shot from the yard/driveway. Someone in the yard could've thrown a rock to knock out the light and instead shattered the globe. It's disturbing to consider how much evidence Mike swept up.

Ok, I just sent it to you. Let me know what you think and I will leave it up to you if you want to mention that person in this thread.
Could you share this article with me too? There are many people from outside the US who are equally interested in solving the case and that would help me focus on a given (new) line. I already have someone in my mind too.
Thanks in advance
Greetings from Poland

I think that all of the calls that came to Delmar on graduation day and the day after are important. It could be a big coincidence that Sherrill and Suzie were getting obscene phone calls and then are abducted with Stacy from their home. But I would want to eliminate that possibility. Moreover, it's likely that whoever abducted the women wanted to monitor the situation at the house, to know when police were called out. Phone calls to a landline would have been one way to check. It's unbelievable that the scene was so contaminated. And I've often wondered if some of that contamination was not an accident.BBM

I remember talking to you a few years ago about this in the thread about obscene phone calls.

Obscene Calls Seem Innocuous to Me
Obscene phone calls were much more common in those days, not as suspicious as they would be today.

I don't see why the perpetrators would monitor the house after the crime. Monitoring it is more likely to get them caught than provide useful info.

The First Responders
I do not understand the reason for the all the contamination of the crime scene. Kirby entered the house and listened to voice mail. That seems extreme if they didn't suspect anything had happened. Didn't Stacy McCall 's mother enter the house twice, the second time rifling through Sherrill Levitt's stuff?

That all could have an innocent explanation. Maybe they just held out hope that it would turn out to be nothing, all the while friends and family getting more brazen about entering and searching their house. Once over a dozen people had gone through, did friends and family just follow their lead feeling like they had the right to go through there as if it were public property? I tend to think it was innocent, but I have never read any explanation of the mindset of people who contaminated the scene.

In my innocent scenario, Janelle Kirby and Mike Henson call the house early in the morning. After several hours of it going to the answering machine. They head over there and are surprised the cars are there. They knock on the door. At some point try the door, as a longshot. To their surprise it opens. They call through the house and gingerly enter, aware that they're being impolite but figuring the need for answers justifies it. It justifies a little snooping but not calling the police. When other people get word, they start going through the house, each person following the precedent of the others, until 18 people have gone through the house. My understanding is many of them had never been to the house before. Their first time was searching through it uninvited.

It makes sense. But it's odd that he last known person to see them should go through their house hours after their disappearance and so many other people should enter before someone called the police.

Perhaps the kidnappers were watching the house, saw Janelle and her bf go in the house and then ran to a nearby payphone.

Exactly. Mrs. McCall did call and report them missing on Sunday evening, an LE person came to the house....and left a message on the door.

"I do not understand the reason for the all the contamination of the crime scene. Kirby entered the house and listened to voice mail. That seems extreme if they didn't suspect anything had happened."

Good point. I, personally, would never have dreamed of listening to someone's voicemail....and then erase it ta boot.
Very odd but some people are just that way, they come into your house, go straight to the frig and make themselves a sandwich...on their first visit. That being said, I think the only thing Janelle and her bf are guilty of is rudeness and being naive.

SPD sure seems to want Cox (or a local ****) to be the UNSUB, they trotted him out and he made himself a suspect. LoL 'Dog and pony show' because they have zero else to go on. How people are blind to blatant manipulation by LE is frightening. How many Cold Cases could be solved if LE would not get 'locked on' one suspect? We may never know.
SPD 'cleared' Larry Dewayne Hall back in 2007 but Larry confessed to a female detective from another jurisdiction. 2 strikes against a resolution to this case.
http://crimesceneinvestigations.blogspot.com/2012/10/possible-break-in-three-missing-women.html

When you delve further into Larry's M.O. he often recants confessions.

"...if they tried." I would so enjoy hearing the callers voice, like the Delphi murders, a recording could possibly help at least eliminate the some of the 'persons of interest' and maybe shed new light on a cold, cold case.

I too find it odd how much cleaning up went on at the home prior to the authorities being called. As a teenager I wouldn't even clean up my own room, I can't imagine sweeping someone else's front porch. I can see opening the door if it was unlocked and calling out the victims names, but if they didn't answer I would have simply left. I can't fathom wandering around the house and listening to voice messages and answering the phone. Weird in my opinion.

Something just occurred to me, Janelle Kirby was there at graduation, the after parties, her own home, and the following morning discovered them "missing" and conveniently helped contaminate the crime scene. She would have been the only one to notify the perp/perps when Suzie and Stacy decided to head back to Suzie's house to sleep instead of her home. Could have she called them to let them know? How much is known about her and Mike?

I don't want to accuse an innocent person, but the actions of Janelle and Mike seem odd to me. Just saying..

I don't want to accuse an innocent person, but the actions of Janelle and Mike seem odd to me. Just saying..

I can kind of see it. Almost. Young, thinking something is off, the cars and purses are there, but not being savvy enough to sound an alarm. Dithering. Perhaps tidying up things because what else to do. I can almost see it. Logically, I would think she might call her mom, who would probably have called Mrs. McCall. But teenagers are not always logical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can kind of see it. Almost. Young, thinking something is off, the cars and purses are there, but not being savvy enough to sound an alarm. Dithering. Perhaps tidying up things because what else to do. I can almost see it. Logically, I would think she might call her mom, who would probably have called Mrs. McCall. But teenagers are not always logical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This has never really made much sense to me. The only thing I can think is that she thought she might get into an argument over the change of plans.

Another oddity was when (going on memory) is that when Mrs. McCall phoned the Kirby house was when Janelle's sister said Stacy wasn't there that Mrs McCall said to the effect she was there because that is what Stacy had told her she would be doing. She was to be at the Kirby house and not at the Levitt house.

I will be frank that this has never made any sense to me. But the questionable reporting may have been misinterpreted.

I don't want anyone to read anything into that but it just seemed odd. I believe the McCalls later went to Lake Springfield that afternoon to watch some boat races or something like that. My recollection is that the McCalls didn't arrive at the Levitt home until the evening.

Perhaps someone can dig up the original news story so that can be accurately portrayed. I don't want to leave any mis impressions.

Mrs. McCalls actions may seem odd but she is a mother. As a mom myself, if I were truly worried and frantic about where my child was, I would do anything, including going into someone else's home to find them. But Janelle and Mike, the sweeping up, it just seems weird to me. Maybe I was a disrepectful teen
, but I truly can't imagine sweeping someone's front porch off (especially a teen age boy- no offense guys). Also, where was the broom kept? They had to go into the house to get it. Time to rearrange things? Set the scene? I honestly don't think Janelle and Mike probably had anything to do with this, but it is very, very odd behavior in my opinion.

Janelle's behavior was crazy weird. She probably had nothing to do with this but as the last known person to have seen Suzie and Stacy it's easy to be suspicious of her. I think Janelle said she'd never been to Delmar because she didn't want her parents to know she hung out there-it'd explain why she was so comfortable in the house. She would've had to admit she lied or keep lying and that could be why her story sounds so off.

Good thinking on the time frame and routes to take, I can see them stopping to get gas etc. That being said, Larry DeWayne Hall was known to pick up/stalk his victims at convenience stores.

that's a new thought and could very well be the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member