Found Deceased MI - Theresa Lockhart, 44, Portage, 18 May 2017

Portage Rd intersects with Centre St. Centre St. is a straight shot to the park and go. It would provide a good misdirection for those searching. The secluded Pfizer land (especially on the west side of Portage Rd. wouldn't be accessible to public search crews and probably somewhat difficult to obtain a search warrant for. The land is patrolled by Pfizer security but I do see cars along that stretch parked occasionally. Certainly plausable imo.

Yes. The west side is the more undeveloped side, right? The other side is more the "campus". My friend's mom worked over there and they couldn't even visit her office because the security was so tight. They worried about corporate espionage. so maybe we can assume the east side is better monitored/secured

As I just added Mr. Lockhart's place of employment to the map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...G40pBtcoYqisJo something struck me as a possibility. Pizer has a lot of (hunting/fishing game preserve like land) along Portage Rd. which the public can't use for recreation or any other purpose. Could he have used the private/somewhat secure, property as part of a "hide in plain sight" attempt? My understanding is that these properties have ponds located within very dense growth (similar to the nearby State game areas).

Yes. The west side is the more undeveloped side, right? The other side is more the "campus". My friend's mom worked over there and they couldn't even visit her office because the security was so tight. They worried about corporate espionage. so maybe we can assume the east side is better monitored/secured

Yes, the west side of Portage Rd. would be my first suspicion and access to the actual east side corporate property would be much more daring/difficult. I've updated the map to better illustrate my thought. https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...&ll=42.17615917716575,-85.60043344999997&z=12 I also mapped public land around the immediate area.

Ugh, I've been following this case quietly. I can't believe she has not been found. It does appear that LE is actually working hard behind the scenes. I hope they get their guy.
Hate to say it but it appears that LE is in recovery mode.
Where are you Theresa?

All moo

An article from yesterday: http://wwmt.com/news/local/local-teacher-last-seen-one-month-ago-in-portage

I might be wrong but I don't recall seeing this (poorly written) quote before (BBM):

June 7 and 8: Police served a warrant and searched the Lockhart’s home for 30 hours straight. The following-day. The search stopped. Police said they found nothing.

Sadly, my hope that she will be found alive is almost gone. :( I wish we knew if her purse, keys and phone were ever found. The lack of details is so frustrating :maddening:

Not finding anything new today....bumping for Theresa. :bump:

I'm 99% reluctant to consider scenarios outside of the POI. However, after thirty hours of searching the residence, and multiple other land/air searches, seemingly no evidence was found, other scenarios may be worth exploring. I would like to know what leads detectives to believe they're investigating a homicide vs. commenting about having discovered no evidence. Perhaps some misinformation is being cast to put the POI in a state of unease, to where he naturally makes another legal mistake like the many times before.

The talk of Mrs. Lockhart resigning strikes me as interesting. Seldom, would a teacher submit an end of year resignation for reasons other than a major life change. If the school wanted her to resign for conduct reasons, it would be immediate. Should her teacher evaluation scores been lowest of her staff, the writing may have been on the wall for her. Sometimes, school administrators "evaluate out" teacher's whom they simply want out. It's tough to know what prompted the resignation talk, but my guess would be for the most common reason, a major life change. I wonder if after suffering through enough of his abuse, she began to look elsewhere? We know from the HuffPo article that they had met online about ten years prior. It would be nice to know their current online handles and if any (similar) could be cross-referenced to any of the popular dating websites.

[FONT=&quot]On that Saturday, Lockhart’s colleagues traveled to her home in nearby Portage, Michigan. There they spoke with her husband, Christopher Lockhart, who allegedly told them that she wasn’t home but that he would call authorities if she didn’t turn up by the following Monday.
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“That just didn’t jibe with me,” Stitt says. “So I made the call on Saturday.” His call, on May 20, was when Theresa was officially reported missing.[/FONT]
http://people.com/crime/missing-michigan-teacher-husband-person-interest-disappearance/

The husband has some issues that had to be very hard to deal with as his wife. I hope she is hiding somewhere, but I fear he has done something horrible to her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Since her sister lives in Canada perhaps she quietly crossed over into Canada at Windsor and is liviing happily ever after in Newfoundland. How peaceful would that be compared to being with the creepy, screaming, abusive husband. And if her disappearance has made life difficult for Mr. Creepy.....Karma gotcha, buddy. MOO

New article from today: http://wwmt.com/news/local/portage-police-continue-search-for-theresa-lockhart

Quotes below with what I "think" is new info.....

Volunteers will be out Saturday trying to find any trace of Lockhart.

Portage Police tell us there are four detectives assigned to the Theresa Lockhart case, and the deputy chief is asking for patience, saying that this investigation is a marathon, not a sprint, and reminding us that Theresa Lockhart was last seen more than one month ago.

Portage police then found her car at this park and ride. But no sign of theresa. The i-team has since learned several businesses near the park-n-ride have survelliance cameras nearby -- and that some of those videos have been turned over to police investigating the possible homicide.

I always wondered about that type of footage existing. A gas station and bank probably have cameras covering the area. I'd been thinking the park and ride may have security footage as well, but the length of time with no arrest had me second guessing that. This is great news!!

Today is National Search Day. According to a FB post on Help Us Find Theresa Lockhart, the Greater Michigan Search and Rescue and the Venus Foundation will be out searching for Theresa today. Link to Help Us Find Theresa Lockhart FB page: https://www.facebook.com/HelpUsFindTheresaLockhart/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

A cousin to missing Richard Hitchcock (click here for his WS thread) will be out searching as well.

Searchers will be looking for both Theresa and another local missing person Ronald French. WS thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?341279-MI-Ronald-French-71-Kalamazoo-County-Brady-Township-4-June-2017&highlight=Ronald+French

Good weather for a search in the am....mid 70's and partly cloudy. Possible showers in the PM. Wish I could make the trip to Portage and help with the search. I am not able to due to a previous commitment.

I am hoping that National Search Day brings closure for some families some where.....

Posts on the Help Us Find Theresa Joan Lockhart indicate that family is considering expanding the search area.

:bump:

Finding nothing new...very frustrating. Thinking of Theresa this evening....

:bump:

Since her sister lives in Canada perhaps she quietly crossed over into Canada at Windsor and is liviing happily ever after in Newfoundland. How peaceful would that be compared to being with the creepy, screaming, abusive husband. And if her disappearance has made life difficult for Mr. Creepy.....Karma gotcha, buddy. MOO

That would be a lovely life, but border crossings require ID and are documented.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back