You're Invited to CrimeCon '17

Just thought I would mention, my husband was watching Fox News out of Kansas City this morning. They were talking about CrimeCon and they mentioned Websleuths as the leading online crime community. He asked me why I wasn't there, I told him it was in Indianapolis not KC. He thought it was in KC.

No link yet as they aren't good at updating their website on the weekend. imo

I got to meet Tricia and she was delightful. Also sat in on her panel and she was fantastic. It was one of the best sessions of the Con, IMO, and I wish it were longer!

Is this a yearly event or regional? This thread is the first I've heard of the expo. It would be very neat to attend one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Next year's crime con is May 4-6 in Nashville.

I got to meet Tricia and she was delightful. Also sat in on her panel and she was fantastic. It was one of the best sessions of the Con, IMO, and I wish it were longer!

I will need to meet up with you next year as I just saw your post about driving from Detroit and we could have carpooled from Ann Arbor/Jackson area.

Sounds like it was a blast...sigh...there's always next year !

Next year's crime con is May 4-6 in Nashville.
How exciting! That's actually just a few short hours from me and air fare is super cheap to Nashville from where I live if I decided not to drive.

I just Googled.. the tickets are a bit pricey but there's a year to save and plan and a LOT comes with each package.

The Gold VIP was well worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is the package I was looking at the most. At other type venues I've purchased the VIP packages and have always had a really good experience that I feel wouldn't have been so fun or meaningful had I not gotten the top package. But even the basic package has some really nice amenities on it.

Just booked VIP for Crimecon 18! Will be first trip stateside, traveling with a couple of fellow Websleuthers from Canada and NY ... see you there!!! (So excited!)

Just booked VIP for Crimecon 18! Will be first trip stateside, traveling with a couple of fellow Websleuthers from Canada and NY ... see you there!!! (So excited!)

i'm registered too - so excited!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went this year and bought tickets for next year before I left the venue. I did upgrade to VIP from standard, but I still had a great time with the standard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, Nina. It was great meeting you too.

I am so lucky because I got to meet so many Websleuths members and they were all the coolest of course.

The panel I was on was really fun too. I learned a lot myself. It was well attended which I was grateful for.

CrimeCon'18 TIX are on sale now.

The title of this forum will be updarted soon.

I'd love to read more about what went on, does anyone know of any reports or blog posts?

I'd love to read more about what went on, does anyone know of any reports or blog posts?

CrimeCon posted a blog with daily recaps: https://www.crimecon.com/blog/ This will kinda explain what went on every day. It's mostly the highlights. ;)

We had an AMAZING time. I highly, highly, HIIIIIIIIIIGHLY recommend this event! It was so much fun & I can't imagine ever having to miss one of these. It was especially great getting to meet Tricia and some of our fellow WSers. Of course they were the sweetest people ever!

As for the sessions--Kratz & Fassbender was interesting. It didn't make me change my mind about Brendan Dassey's innocence but I did find some of the presentation interesting. For example, when they showed parts that the documentary left out....it definitely made me wonder why the documentary snipped parts out to make it look damning. Kratz was ummm.....funnier than I expected. Personable, almost. Still not a big fan though! Sheryl McCollum's Wine & Crime was one of my favorites. We were able to go over a cold case they are working on. Including getting all of the inside information they have along with crime scene photos. (I would have liked that session to be longer. Sheryl is amazing & I could spend all day listening to her and her team.) Tricia's session on Citizen Detectives was on point! Y'all would have loved hearing what she had to say. I really enjoyed it and attended that over the Tricia Todd session (which I was also really interested in). We also attended: Aphrodite Jones' session on Scott Peterson, The Golden State Serial Killer session--very emotional, found the session on YT for you: [video=youtube;bjbI-Fv-DLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjbI-Fv-DLA[/video]

We also attended the LISK session, Up & Vanished with Payne Lindsay, Jim Clemente session (AMAZING man....LOVED him!!), Kelly Siegler's session, & Missing Maura Murray. All were great! We also ran into other sessions to catch some tidbits as we could. Our schedule was busy though!!

What I liked best about the Con was that the guest speakers didn't just speak at their session and go up to their rooms. We mingled, rubbed elbows & hung out with the speakers all weekend. You'd see people in the hallways, hanging out in the bar downstairs, sitting in Starbucks or even in the elevator going up to their room at night. Nancy Grace was everywhere (she is SUPER sweet in person and I loved getting to chat with her about Missy Bevers), Jim Clemente was almost always within eyesight, and Aphrodite Jones was also always around--taking photos and chatting. Podcast row was open a lot so really, getting to meet anyone you wanted was super easy and you had time to chat with them. We met almost everyone there, in person....except Kratz & Fassbender. ;)

VIP Gold was definitely worth it! We always had a seat. We had access to the VIP Lounge to get a water & snack whenever we needed it (our days were full so this was a big plus). And, the Murder Mystery dinner, Escape the Room (we got out!), Wine & Crime, & the VIP Happy Hour (with most of the speakers & podcasters) was a nice way to spend the evening after a super long day of sessions. At night, we were EXHAUSTED. Almost too exhausted to figure out the weekend-long crime. After everything settled down at night, I just felt like I had so much information in my brain.....so much to think about. It was exhausting but in a good way!

I'm not sure what else y'all would want to know so I'll leave it at that unless y'all have questions. If you look on CrimeCon's twitter, there are a couple of blogs tweeted on there. YT also has some videos of sessions. Jim Clemente's closing really helps you understand what the weekend was like. You will definitely NOT want to miss the Con next year. I'm telling you....it really IS that fun, interesting & amazing! We are already on a countdown for 2018. We can't wait to do it again!!

(And Tricia, I filled out my survey today and requested your attendance in 2018.) ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back