Found Deceased TX - Kaytlynn Cargill, 14, Bedford, 19 June 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I'm not a subscriber and can't read the article.

Was this the only 'new' news?

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes everything else we have already heard in previous reports.
But Ill give you a run down on the article anyway just to be sure there was nothing written that you may have missed.

They talk about her funeral being yesterday.
Late Sept before family and officials know how she died.
Police making sure family knows before public.
Kaytlynn disappearing and being found
Investigators visiting an apartment on Sunday. No further info.
And last "Workers at the landfill told KDFW-TV (Channel 4) that the teen's body came out of a front-loading sanitation truck designed to pick up dumpsters, though police could not comment or confirm the report."

My thoughts...
I do hope her funeral was beautiful. We are 15 minutes away and our skies were pretty but we sure heard rumbling throughout the day so places all around us seemed to have gotten rain.
I do hope they find out sooner then Sept. They took down the ME report for a reason. They keep saying they want family to know first which is seems like the way it would be anyway. If nothing new was added then there would be no reason to pull it right now? I think they are waiting for the right time to release it for the investigation.
Its odd that they so tight lipped about that apartment. Being tight lipped about the whole case including that apartment makes me think there really is a connection.

From the transcript, Gibson states "we have no evidence of that at this time" in response to question about potential sexual predator.

I didn't think this had occurred either given her shorts were on, IMO. I really lean towards this may be kids bullying/murdering situation given what we know to this point.
1) Working with the school
2) Kids inconsistent stories
3) Needed someone to watch dog
4) Community not in danger

Did I leave out anything else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If your theory is correct, LE referring to this as a "criminal investigation" instead of a homicide, while also saying they would find the "person or persons responsible" I think would be on the list towards that theory.

Since there was no trauma to the body and they have to wait 2-3 months to see how she died, it sounds like they have to wait for toxicology reports.<modsnip>

Since there was no trauma to the body and they have to wait 2-3 months to see how she died, it sounds like they have to wait for toxicology reports. <modsnip>.
<modsnip>I really don't know what to wish for at this point. I shouldn't have watched her video tribute because it really&#8203; broke me.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Yes everything else we have already heard in previous reports.
But Ill give you a run down on the article anyway just to be sure there was nothing written that you may have missed.

They talk about her funeral being yesterday.
Late Sept before family and officials know how she died.
Police making sure family knows before public.
Kaytlynn disappearing and being found
Investigators visiting an apartment on Sunday. No further info.
And last "Workers at the landfill told KDFW-TV (Channel 4) that the teen's body came out of a front-loading sanitation truck designed to pick up dumpsters, though police could not comment or confirm the report."

My thoughts...
I do hope her funeral was beautiful. We are 15 minutes away and our skies were pretty but we sure heard rumbling throughout the day so places all around us seemed to have gotten rain.
I do hope they find out sooner then Sept. They took down the ME report for a reason. They keep saying they want family to know first which is seems like the way it would be anyway. If nothing new was added then there would be no reason to pull it right now? I think they are waiting for the right time to release it for the investigation.
Its odd that they so tight lipped about that apartment. Being tight lipped about the whole case including that apartment makes me think there really is a connection.

I saw some pictures of the funeral & it was beautiful. At the cemetery they released hundreds of balloons.

My current theory is that by saying it could be September before they get autopsy results, they are trying to give the killer/killers enough rope to hang themselves. They may get cocky & think that they got away with murder & start bragging about it, especially if other kids are involved.JMO

I think the crime(s) involved could be disposal of a body, tampering with evidence, etc...maybe not murder. Jmo

Regarding her day of "arrival" at landfill, the way I understood it is that she may have arrived shortly before she was found. I read it in that the workers that found her were processing the leavings of a "hauler" (words used before she was even identified) . This information was available right away, so to me that meant from the get go they knew how/when she arrived. I may have read this wrong, but that's the impression I get.

I heard she was spotted by a bulldozer driver. This is rumor only. My husband works for a different waste company in the area, and that is what was being said there. They don't really "process" the load after a truck leaves.

On Republic's website, trash pickup for Bedford is Monday/Thursday on one side, and Tuesday/Friday on the other. If she arrived Wednesday afternoon, she most likely would've been in a dumpster from another town like Arlington, which lists trash pickups on Wednesday/Saturday as well. If she was in a dumpster in Bedford, it was most likely on a Tuesday route.

http://site.republicservices.com/site/north-central-texas/en/pages/cities.aspx#

Edit: What I mean by they don't process a load is that they generally don't have people out there walking around, checking the trash. The dozer drivers see things and remove what shouldn't be there at times, but that's usually it. Republic might do things differently than my husband's company. I'm only going by what they do at the landfills they use, and my experiences with a city landfill many moons ago.

"We have an unknown situation." - Police Chief Gibson, Week One.

• Bedford Officials are conducting a death investigation.
  • Bedford Officials have stated they've not issued any search warrants.
  • Bedford Officials will not know the cause of KCs death until September.
The options are not without limits. This tragedy is quite the mystery.

"We have an unknown situation." - Police Chief Gibson, Week One.

• Bedford Officials are conducting a death investigation.
  • Bedford Officials have stated they've not issued any search warrants.
  • Bedford Officials will not know the cause of KCs death until September.
The options are not without limits. This tragedy is quite the mystery.

What does a "death investigation" even mean? That they can't call it murder yet? And not knowing cause until September? Come ooooooooooooooon

What does a "death investigation" even mean? That they can't call it murder yet? And not knowing cause until September? Come ooooooooooooooon

Death investigation normally means trying to identify whether it is a natural death, a suicide, or a murder. Not knowing cause until September is due to tox screens. BUT, as many have speculated, they might already have the answers but are not disclosing to the public at this time for various reasons.

I heard she was spotted by a bulldozer driver. This is rumor only. My husband works for a different waste company in the area, and that is what was being said there. They don't really "process" the load after a truck leaves.

On Republic's website, trash pickup for Bedford is Monday/Thursday on one side, and Tuesday/Friday on the other. If she arrived Wednesday afternoon, she most likely would've been in a dumpster from another town like Arlington, which lists trash pickups on Wednesday/Saturday as well. If she was in a dumpster in Bedford, it was most likely on a Tuesday route.

http://site.republicservices.com/site/north-central-texas/en/pages/cities.aspx#

Edit: What I mean by they don't process a load is that they generally don't have people out there walking around, checking the trash. The dozer drivers see things and remove what shouldn't be there at times, but that's usually it. Republic might do things differently than my husband's company. I'm only going by what they do at the landfills they use, and my experiences with a city landfill many moons ago.
Got it, thanks for that clarification. So sounds like it was pure chance that the dozer even spotted her (thankfully). But it still sounded to me as though it was a recent drop because the word was out so fast that it was from a hauler, like they knew exactly where from. IDK, I know alot less than you do on the subject though. Ty again.

Since there was no trauma to the body and they have to wait 2-3 months to see how she died, it sounds like they have to wait for toxicology reports. Maybe someone gave her heroin laced with fentanyl. There is an epidemic in this country causing deaths from this.

Did they say definitively that there was no trauma to the body? I missed that ...

Did they say definitively that there was no trauma to the body? I missed that ...

No! They said there was no trauma that they have been notified of and just letting ME do his job. It was really weird the way they said it.

Those who have followed true crime cases for a long time know the drill, but those new or newer may not realize that LE *always* knows more than they say. In 100% of the cases I've followed over a 20 year period, every murder case had details that only the detectives (and often family members) knew.

Those who think LE will tell all or even a good portion of what they know...they won't. They never do. It's not even a maybe. Most LE jurisdictions say as little as they possibly can. They have a job to do and that job doesn't involve keeping a curious public informed about the details. *IF* the public is in danger they'll say, but most of the time the public is not in any increased danger.

The investigation is focused on solving the murder, and getting the case to a point where they can get an arrest or indictment and hand the case off to the DA's office. Even then the public will not be privy to what's going on beyond some basics.

So if you find yourself wondering if the police department knows something or is holding back, yes, yes they are and they do and that's standard protocol. The public and the curious just have to cool their heels and wait because there's no other choice. It takes as long as it takes to get to a resolution and that can be weeks, months or years, or in some cases, decades. It's part of what you deal with when you follow murder cases.

I absolutely do not believe that LE knows she was murdered and is just not saying so. No way, Imo. Maybe she was, but they are not sure yet. Yes, LE holds back info in many case, but I am not buying that they are holding back the fact that she was murdered, if she was. Jmo

A few thoughts as my heart and head is stuck with this:

I really thought that we would have had an update from LE today. I'd thought that they may have been sitting on the ME report because there were either some kind of injuries consistent with sexual assault OR there was something to suggest suicide. And that kind of withholding of ME evidence has happened in cases before to protect family and the community from the worse kind of thoughts heading in to a funeral - especially of a young girl.
But now, a day after the funeral, I'm diassapointed that there has not been some kind of update from LE. Something to either let the people know that they are on to it OR that there is nothing to be on to.

Raking my brain I find it very hard to reconcile a suicide with the way her body was found. Short of a suicide note, and/or strong evidence of her taking her own life unassisted, I really can't see it here.

So what other senario would have LE so mute and placating to media and public alike? A known perpetrator already in captivity? This does not seem to be the case. So the only other option I can think of is "a suspected perpetrator limited to the specific target of Kaytlynn"...which usually suggests a close/familial connection...and I don't feel that here either.

All other theories that have been passed around i.e. Drugs, bullying gone wrong, witnessing a crime, retrieving something from dumpster etc... Well, I have a hard time making the facts fit: the dog, the lack of witnesses at what must be a fairly busy time at the apartments, the lack of public corroboration about drugs, bullies e.g.

All of this just to say, I still tend towards the theory of a very bad person (most likely a male adult) who lives/works at the apartment complex who approached and then abducted a susceptible young girl. I don't think he was necessarily a stranger and may well have been a familiar face to Kaytlynn. I think she was probably deceased within a short time of her being missing and that the killer used the dumpster facilities at the apartments or close by. And I think the only reason why the police are not mentioning this possibility is that, in this day and age, the hysteria, vigilantism and general unrest it would cause in the immediate and greater area would seriously hamper any investigation. An apartment community could be a bit like a pressure cooker if residents were to suspect a nearby tenant. In that respect it is a very different situation from an abduction from a publicly-accessible street...
*Inserting usual disclaimer here about "my opinion only" based on the limited facts available, crime statistics and 'WS-gut feel'.

Thanks for posting for those not familiar with LE and their investigations process. My first events here were with the Corbin case in 29 Palms and Hannah Graham's case in Virginia. Baptism of fire in realizing the length of time it takes to get these folks arrested and convicted, especially when you feel they have the correct person(s). Still waiting on the appeal process in the Corbin case. As you said, it takes what it takes. This one is burning at me because I have ideas about it that I hope don't materialize. Lets just let it play out and hope the family can find some peace as I feel you can never "get past" something like this. Almost lost my youngest daughter years ago around a dumpster incident. Tipped over on her. Frightening!
Also a quick "Hello" to Ms. Gladden (if you see this) as we conversed on the Corbin case. Long time, since 2014.

A bit OT, but still relevant to this case. Mods, please delete if not allowed. Just now (5:30 CDT) an Amber alert came on TV for all of Texas for a missing 13 year old girl from Lancaster, Tx, just south of Dallas. It is interesting to note that they have a good description of the vehicle in which she was seen. Apparently someone saw her pulled into the vehicle & was able to give a description. This is only my estimation but I'm going to say that Lancaster is about 30 miles from Bedford.

Thank you so much for your account SleuthinMama. It sounds like it was a lovely service and Kaytlynn's family were surrounded by the love and support of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow