Deceased/Not Found PA - Anna Maciejewska, 43, Chester County, 10 April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of you everyday, Anna!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing is.... if Anna is not with us anymore then there are only a few possibilities. Since she has not been found near her car, I think it's safe to assume she did not harm herself. So what are the other options? Are there more than I have listed below? Would cadaver dogs be relevant at this junction?

1) Transported alive and harmed at the location she is at, the car ditched elsewhere
2) Harmed at home and transported to a different location in her car, or a different vehicle, her car ditched elsewhere
3) Harmed at home and is still somewhere near the home

I think the hard part for us to understand is what has really happened here, due to the little information that has been put out by LE.

Were they looking for a live missing person, a victim of murder, or a victim of suicide? In my mind, each of these circumstances could change the focus of a search. Just the difference between where the body of a murder victim could be is extremely different than that of a suicide victim.

We know from recent cases, even one in PA within the last year, that suicide victims can be found almost in plain sight.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ndsey-Piccone-21-Tyler-State-Park-6-Sept-2016

I think they were looking for someone not alive anymore during the search with cadets.

The thing is.... if Anna is not with us anymore then there are only a few possibilities. Since she has not been found near her car, I think it's safe to assume she did not harm herself. So what are the other options? Are there more than I have listed below? Would cadaver dogs be relevant at this junction?

1) Transported alive and harmed at the location she is at, the car ditched elsewhere
2) Harmed at home and transported to a different location in her car, or a different vehicle, her car ditched elsewhere

Let's jump off of this post and do a little "noodling". If Anna committed suicide, she most likely would not have gone far. If along the trail, someone would have spotted her or smelled something horrible. If the Cadets searched all along the trail into the woods, she is probably not there. So that leaves A) Drove the car, parked it and left with someone else or B) Abducted (etc) by someone else and the car was dumped there. With scenario A, I doubt she would have broken off complete contact with family and her child, so that leaves abducted when she left with someone else. or scenario B where the car was dumped later. Either way that seems to indicate she is not a willing participant in her going missing. There are a host of scenarios we could be chasing, from my original "money" related to "someone close to her or that she knew" that we all could be thinking about.

With regard to the missing person last year in Tyler State Park, she committed suicide and was found later in an open field of tall grass near where she was last known to be.

If one of you is enterprising and owns a drone or has a friend with one of the higher quality type, you could do a drone search of the areas around the trail as long as you comply with FAA regulations. No one other than the US Government owns the airspace above their property. At least it would rule out the searchers missing her remains.

Let's jump off of this post and do a little "noodling". If Anna committed suicide, she most likely would not have gone far. If along the trail, someone would have spotted her or smelled something horrible. If the Cadets searched all along the trail into the woods, she is probably not there. So that leaves A) Drove the car, parked it and left with someone else or B) Abducted (etc) by someone else and the car was dumped there. With scenario A, I doubt she would have broken off complete contact with family and her child, so that leaves abducted when she left with someone else. or scenario B where the car was dumped later. Either way that seems to indicate she is not a willing participant in her going missing. There are a host of scenarios we could be chasing, from my original "money" related to "someone close to her or that she knew" that we all could be thinking about.

With regard to the missing person last year in Tyler State Park, she committed suicide and was found later in an open field of tall grass near where she was last known to be.

If one of you is enterprising and owns a drone or has a friend with one of the higher quality type, you could do a drone search of the areas around the trail as long as you comply with FAA regulations. No one other than the US Government owns the airspace above their property. At least it would rule out the searchers missing her remains.
So if not self-harm, the options expand to:

4) Drove the car, parked it and left with someone else
5) Abducted (etc) by someone else and the car was dumped there

The tree canopy and understory vegetation is so dense right now that you wouldn't be able to see anything from a drone.

I think there is a significant possibility that she was placed in a dumpster that was removed and/or emptied shortly after she was last seen in March. By the time she was reported missing, it was too late to look in likely dumpsters.

The tree canopy and understory vegetation is so dense right now that you wouldn't be able to see anything from a drone.

I think there is a significant possibility that she was placed in a dumpster that was removed and/or emptied shortly after she was last seen in March. By the time she was reported missing, it was too late to look in likely dumpsters.

However PSP and local LE can determine who the trash contractor is, and if one of you local folks want to do some digging, look at the name on the dumpster. A quick call to the contractor asking what landfill they use might get you a clue to where she would be, if she went into a dumpster. One would hope LE thought of this scenario.

If the vegetation is that thick, the only areas visible would be open fields. Regrettably this would mean waiting until the fall to do any drone or approved searches if nothing develops on the investigative front.

The thing that keeps bumping in the back of my mind is that someone disposing of a body in "most" cases does not want to transport it very far due to the risk of being seen or GPS tracking on cars or cell phones. They also do not want to schlep a body over their shoulder into the woods very far with roots and rocks to trip over and the risk of getting lost in the dark. They also tend to dispose of a body in an area they are familiar and comfortable with. Attempting a quick dump in an unfamiliar area is all but a 100% chance of it being discovered and the risk of DNA evidence being in good condition for processing, not to mention foot and tire prints. Also dumping the car so close is really odd. Whomever did it had to know it would be found in short order as soon as it hit the news. I sorta feel what ever happened, it went down quickly and there was not time to move the car further away. Interested in what the rest of you think.

If the vegetation is that thick, the only areas visible would be open fields. Regrettably this would mean waiting until the fall to do any drone or approved searches if nothing develops on the investigative front.

The thing that keeps bumping in the back of my mind is that someone disposing of a body in "most" cases does not want to transport it very far due to the risk of being seen or GPS tracking on cars or cell phones. They also do not want to schlep a body over their shoulder into the woods very far with roots and rocks to trip over and the risk of getting lost in the dark. They also tend to dispose of a body in an area they are familiar and comfortable with. Attempting a quick dump in an unfamiliar area is all but a 100% chance of it being discovered and the risk of DNA evidence being in good condition for processing, not to mention foot and tire prints. Also dumping the car so close is really odd. Whomever did it had to know it would be found in short order as soon as it hit the news. I sorta feel what ever happened, it went down quickly and there was not time to move the car further away. Interested in what the rest of you think.
Yes. The vegetation is likely going to be too thick with all of the rain this year. My own inkling would be, if possible, to look along the creek that is to the west of where her car was found and where she lived - I think it is Pine Creek I would have to check the map again. I am sure it runs through private lands but one can probably walk through (not a group) unless someone complains. There is also a clear cut that runs toward the Turnpike east of where her car was located. Don't know if it is for power lines or why the clear cut but if it is power lines or a pipeline the land belongs to a corporation and it is likely not patrolled by anyone so it could probably be searched by a person or two. My instinct is that since there was such a long period of time since someone other than her husband had seen her alive and her being reported missing that her car is not close to where she will be found.

One thing, with what I just said, is that not too long before Anna went missing arrests were made in a case concerning a missing teenage girl from Montgomery County whose remains were found quite a ways away in Luzerne County in a State Park. Articles gave details on where she was killed, her body being transported to the State Park, etc. .So, given the amount of time available, it is possible that she may ultimately be found some large distance away from where her car was found. And one suggestion might be to identify the state park from those media reports and search that State Park. It may just be the situation where the person responsible for Anna's disappearance was "inspired" or "enlightened" to choose a place far away.

The clear cut is a power transmission line. It is on private property - the electric company has easements over it. The police could easily get permission to go on it.

The open fields around here are cut for hay or planted with corn. Much more likely that she is in the woods. There are a couple of very large, heavily wooded parcels on a steeply sloped hill just south of where the car was found. There is a narrow, little used dirt road that runs along the edge. Look for Old Valley Road. It would be a good road to park along at night and drag something into the woods. Owned by the neighboring townships and the County.

There are many dumpster companies here. I watched for dumpsters in the early days, but didn't spot any near her home. There are shopping centers nearby that have many dumpsters. I gave up trying to figure out which ones were most desirable. Just too many options.

I just drove along Pine Creek today for about the 20th time since she went missing. There is one stretch that might hold a secret. Ironically, I had a conversation with the owner after the car was found. She now lives in Charlestown Meadows and her husband was the one who confirmed the helicopter activity. That said, Pine Creek was TOTALLY out of its banks this past Saturday. Anything that had been in the swampy area along the banks may have been disturbed. So much time was lost......!!!

Charlestown township has many trails, I know of one trail that is very close to her home and location where Anna's car was recovered. I have never used or explored the "McDevitt" trail, but can't help to wonder if PSP searched that particular trail.

However PSP and local LE can determine who the trash contractor is, and if one of you local folks want to do some digging, look at the name on the dumpster. A quick call to the contractor asking what landfill they use might get you a clue to where she would be, if she went into a dumpster. One would hope LE thought of this scenario.
It really depends on which dumpster. Something could have occurred in the next town over, for example.

I think sneaking back on foot for two miles in the dark was about the minimum a person might think was safe enough to go after dumping a car. Especially if they risked leaving a sleeping toddler home alone for it. Everything is on the line at that point, everything to lose, with few options. JMO

Charlestown township has many trails, I know of one trail that is very close to her home and location where Anna's car was recovered. I have never used or explored the "McDevitt" trail, but can't help to wonder if PSP searched that particular trail.

Sounds like some of our locals should hike the trail and keep an eye out. Speaking from experience, there is nothing like putting boots on the ground to feel really involved in a case.

There is also a stream closer to Anna's house Pigeon Run, which I could not tell on Googlemaps how big or small it is. However, I am local and have to say this area is so wooded and dense that there are quite a few places someone could easily dump and no one would know about it.
Very disheartening no news and no person of interest yet. :(

It really depends on which dumpster. Something could have occurred in the next town over, for example.

Exactly. There are so many dumpsters within a couple of miles. Even within Charlestown, there are multiple trash haulers. It isn't like it is in a city where there is municipal service or just a couple of haulers.

There is also a stream closer to Anna's house Pigeon Run, which I could not tell on Googlemaps how big or small it is. However, I am local and have to say this area is so wooded and dense that there are quite a few places someone could easily dump and no one would know about it.
Very disheartening no news and no person of interest yet. :(

Pigeon Run is tiny. I drove the roads that border it right after I learned of the case. At that time, I was looking for places a car might have gone off the road, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288