GUILTY TX - Shavon Randle, 13, taken against will, murdered, Lancaster, 28 June 2017 *Arrests*

Watching Fox4 news and they said FBI now involved. No link because I'm watching live. Shavon was watching her disabled cousin and they aren't sure if anyone else was there. Detective said no sign of forced entry in the home. Suspect contacted several times but then stopped won't say what demands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anchor asked reporter if the cousin was able to provide any information. Reporter said a family member told him the cousin was around the same age as Shavon but suffers a mental disability and likely not able to provide any helpful info.

DDct6QFUQAAZCg3.jpg

I wonder if phone records line up with the reported kidnapper calls.

Family pleads for safe return of missing Lancaster teen Shavon Randle

Police say sometime Wednesday morning, Shavon disappeared from the home of another aunt and uncle, where she's living off Southridge Drive.That’s when the phone started ringing.
"The suspects were calling family members and the family member in turn contacted us," said Det. Joseph Brickett with Lancaster Police.
He said the first call came around 10:30 Wednesday morning.
"'Do you know the victim?'" said Brickett, summarizing the call an unknown man made to the Randle family. "Yes. I do. 'Ok, well we have her' and a few minutes later they called back."
Detectives say the man on the other end then threatened Shavon’s life if her family called police. Detectives are focusing their time on tracing those calls.

19576878_10154490008952063_1920285197_o_1498707226930_9929534_ver1.0.jpg

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/fami...issing-lancaster-teen-shavon-randle/452917397

No forced entry. Would she have opened the door to someone she did not recognize? The phone number could have been gotten from the child. Did anyone recognize the caller's voice. Because the child was taken from a home, I don't feel this was random. These people knew the child's whereabouts and possibly that she was without an adult present. They need to get these "people". Kidnapping - local and federal crime. The FBI brings in additional resources. Anyone with additional info please post!
PS. Did the call come in after the crime was made public? If so, could be a sick prank.
Hope they get these ??? soon.

I don't know what to think. The man called and said he'd harm her if they called police? Don't you only hear that in the movies?

Nah I've seen it on several Forensic Files episodes too... they just don't usually issue an Amber Alert in those cases, trying to keep the police involvement a secret.

I'm trying to figure out what the point of calling family is unless he wanted a ransom. Why notify family you're doing a kidnapping and not just try to make a clean getaway?
Perp thinks: "If I can spook the family into not reporting, I'll have a nice head-start on my escape to Mexico or wherever." The threat, if it works and silences the family, can make for a more efficient getaway. But calling the family with a threat like that is a gamble. In this case the perp's gamble failed bec/ the family did in fact alert LE.

[video=twitter;880394325854740480]https://twitter.com/KristinWeisKRLD/status/880394325854740480[/video]

Watching Fox4 news and they said FBI now involved. No link because I'm watching live. Shavon was watching her disabled cousin and they aren't sure if anyone else was there. Detective said no sign of forced entry in the home. Suspect contacted several times but then stopped won't say what demands.

Surely these calls are super traceable today.

And if she was only home with a disabled girl, who gave the vehicle description? And ... they saw the car but not a driver? Why do I always have so many nagging questions?

And if she was only home with a disabled girl, who gave the vehicle description? And ... they saw the car but not a driver? Why do I always have so many nagging questions?

I'm thinking that maybe no one saw her be abducted, but that they know the identity of the suspect who called and what that person drives, hence the vehicle desc.

Back where I come from if there is a strange car in the neighbor, we all stare at it and see who gets out, what they look like, where they go. Guess here in the south we are just plain nosy. As to the question if she would open a door to a stranger, her being 13, I know my 15 does and we have had many discussions about that.

Maybe the car was caught on a neighbor's home security camera? That would be how they would know the car description but not the driver, just like in the Yingying case. JMO.

I was really hoping this child would be found by this morning. :(

it has to be a neighbor description or camera it still says "unknown" male took her

[h=1]Family pleads for safe return of missing Lancaster teen Shavon Randle[/h]
Her aunt spoke with WFAA at Lancaster Police Headquarters while she waited for any news of her niece.

Meanwhile, tears fell back at the place the teen was last seen. Police say sometime Wednesday morning, Shavon disappeared from the home of another aunt and uncle, where she's living off Southridge Drive.

That’s when the phone started ringing.

"The suspects were calling family members and the family member in turn contacted us," said Det. Joseph Brickett with Lancaster Police.

He said the first call came around 10:30 Wednesday morning.
"'Do you know the victim?'" said Brickett, summarizing the call an unknown man made to the Randle family. "Yes. I do. 'Ok, well we have her' and a few minutes later they called back."
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/fami...issing-lancaster-teen-shavon-randle/452917397

BBM. I hadn't seen before that she was living with her Aunt and Uncle. I wonder where her parents are and if they have been contacted? :thinking:

No forced entry. Would she have opened the door to someone she did not recognize? The phone number could have been gotten from the child. Did anyone recognize the caller's voice. Because the child was taken from a home, I don't feel this was random. These people knew the child's whereabouts and possibly that she was without an adult present. They need to get these "people". Kidnapping - local and federal crime. The FBI brings in additional resources. Anyone with additional info please post!
PS. Did the call come in after the crime was made public? If so, could be a sick prank.
Hope they get these ??? soon.

I got the Amber Alert about 530 yesterday. The media had only been reporting for 30 minutes by that point.

They are reporting the calls started coming in around 1030am. You can find that part in the article gardener1850 posted from wfaa.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back