Found Alive NC - Allison Cope, 24, Raleigh, 26 June 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate and understand exactly what you are saying here. However, just to be clear, that was not what I meant when I posted this.

For those who think she wants to "disappear" why do it at that time where it is sure to create a scene. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

I certainly wasn't referring to someone in a moment of panic/anxiety attack type of scenario.

Interesting comment made by family after viewing the gas station video:

They say it is clear, even from the blurry surveillance images, that something isn't right.

"Her brows are down, sunken. She looks like she was crying," said Sarah Kosinski Cope. "It looks darker around her eyes also."

http://www.wral.com/four-days-later...rch-for-woman-last-seen-leaving-rdu/16795688/

sometimes when you're so stressed out that you have to escape a situation right now... that's it, you're done, you can't think about the circumstances or the consequences

people are thinking she planned to disappear and leaving her cell phone was part of that plan but the opposite could be true - that she just snapped, maybe had a panic attack and had to immediately leave the situation ... when this happens, all you know is you gotta go and nothing else matters

she may have been driving with no known destination in mind ... stopped to get gas with the last of her money, during the 'missing' time between leaving and the gas station - she could've been just driving in circles or sitting in her car crying ... wondering what to do next but feeling like she can't go back, not even for her cell phone or purse

Quite frankly, I don't know how anyone can tell *anything* from that grainy photo.

That's what I found interesting. That those emotions could be detected from that blurry pic.
But I'm not family. :dunno:

Especially given that we can't even reach consensus here on what she is holding in her hand, or even if she is, or is not wearing sunglasses.

IMHO, "sitting on your hands" can mean you're having thoughts that are not "victim friendly" or friendly towards the victim's friends or family who are not persons of interest or suspects. I sit on my hands on occasion, but I'm so glad the rules are in place here.

IMHO, "sitting on your hands" can mean you're having thoughts that are not "victim friendly" or friendly towards the victim's friends or family who are not persons of interest or suspects. I sit on my hands on occasion, but I'm so glad the rules are in place here.

In my case (since I'm the one that said it here and whose post the question was directed at) it simply means that my thoughts are completely within TOS but I have personal reasons for practicing restraint and keeping them to myself. Not everyone who uses that phrase is being unkind, snarky or ugly. I know you weren't saying that ... just clarifying. ;)

The quality of the video is such that there could be shadows that make it look like she's wearing sunglasses, or her eyes are sunken and dark. That's a result of lighting. Without an enhanced video I couldn't assess anything beyond it was her, she's walking into the station, she doesn't look panicked or injured, and she was obviously very much alive on that day at that time.

I thought "sitting on my hands" meant not helping when there is a problem people are trying to solve. The internet defines it as "to do nothing about a problem or a situation that needs dealing with". Anyways, does anyone on here know if it's ok to post the email one of AC's friends is using to communicate with search volunteers? I'm new and not sure if that would be ok.

I thought "sitting on my hands" meant not helping when there is a problem people are trying to solve. The internet defines it as "to do nothing about a problem or a situation that needs dealing with". Anyways, does anyone on here know if it's ok to post the email one of AC's friends is using to communicate with search volunteers? I'm new and not sure if that would be ok.

Good point ... I didn't know it meant that!

Sitting on my hands equals biting my tongue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just looked up horn swoggled and it is actually hornswoggled. Meaning bamboozled. I going to add my own definition: totally confused.

So...I wonder if something was said or texted to AC that the rooms would rather not have aired in public. And whatever it may have been, pushed AC over the edge.

Has anyone ever been at a point where your last nerve was hit and you said, "I'm done". And then removed yourself from that situation that had gone on way too long with no looking back?

I have but not to the point where I have completely disappeared. But when I'm done with a certain person or situation, I am done with it.

Would I be brave enough to take off with little money? Not unless I had a place to go where someone would understand and let me stay for awhile.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I live in the area and was at a get together with neighbors tonight. The men at the gathering were unanimous in their opinion that she just got "done" with whatever is going on in her life and walked away. They think she is alive. I pray they are right.

I'm pretty sure posting that would not be ok.

And welcome. You can always alert a moderator to a question by clicking on the red triangle on a post.

I hope that she is, but I don't think that she is ok. Are all of her animals accounted for?

Sitting on my hands equals biting my tongue.

That's exactly what I thought too!
IMO the roommate seems kinda suspicious to me. I thought it was odd that immediately she's offering her opinion on why AC suddenly ran to her car. They were recently texting about her registration?
MOO I have a bad feeling about the situation. I hope she is just letting off some steam and will be found alive and well. Praying for all the family and friends and especially for a happy ending [emoji1374]🤞❤️

I live in the area and was at a get together with neighbors tonight. The men at the gathering were unanimous in their opinion that she just got "done" with whatever is going on in her life and walked away. They think she is alive. I pray they are right.

Can you share why they felt that way? Just curious.

I read that one of the dogs that she was working with has been taken to the Falls Lake area with volunteers with the hope that the dog might pick up Allison's scent. The animals are reported to all be accounted for.

Can you share why they felt that way? Just curious.

Mostly because of the surveillance video that showed her alive and well, I think. Personally, I go back and forth on the runaway/suicide theories with a shade of this is something else entirely thrown in. But I very much want her to be okay no matter what the actual situation is.

I have been following this from the beginning but this thread exploded and I haven't been able to read through everything. But I haven't seen anything about her coworkers reactions and recollection about her demeanor that day. She must've mentioned to someone that she was taking a break? Forgive me if this was mentioned, I have 4 kids so my me-time is sparse [emoji23]

I have been following this from the beginning but this thread exploded and I haven't been able to read through everything. But I haven't seen anything about her coworkers reactions and recollection about her demeanor that day. She must've mentioned to someone that she was taking a break? Forgive me if this was mentioned, I have 4 kids so my me-time is sparse [emoji23]

I would imagine that it was her rostered break time or just her turn for a break.

I havent found another definition of it so far, although it could have been misconstrued since online forums came about. For example some people on here want to post (an action) an inappropriate comment but won't. In that sense, yes, they aren't taking action, therefore "sitting on their hands." Sorry, I'm a grammar nazi. And I don't think her roommate/ex sister in law is involved. She's just trying to offer up anything that might help the police find her friend she's had for 10 years.

That's exactly what I thought too!
IMO the roommate seems kinda suspicious to me. I thought it was odd that immediately she's offering her opinion on why AC suddenly ran to her car. They were recently texting about her registration?
MOO I have a bad feeling about the situation. I hope she is just letting off some steam and will be found alive and well. Praying for all the family and friends and especially for a happy ending [emoji1374]爛❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members