Found Deceased CA - Lisa Harvey, 51, Tulare, 29 April 2017

Has sonar been used to try find the car in the near by bodies of water?

Dive team?

I think her car could be in densely covered bushes or submerged under water.

Can't think of any water near these areas....can you?

Can't think of any water near these areas....can you?

Her destination was a body of water. Lake Elizabeth or Isabella can't remember the exact name. Also I think another poster mentioned a river near by or along the route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh that's right...Lake Isabella.
Sorry, I just drew a blank on the water ways near by..

There will be a lot of people out and about this weekend and through the 4th. I pray that some discovery is made, and that Lisa's family gets answers as to her whereabouts.

Hello, I live in Ventura County and recently joined WS after reading about Lisa early last month.

This holiday weekend, with a help of 6 friends, my brother, and myself, we will spend it scouting, searching, hiking, walking, driving, etc. to assist in locating Lisa. We have read the FB pages as well as information made available through LE to the public a well as what has been provided by the family and the locations that have been covered by amazing people who have joined to find her.

Can anyone advise which areas still need to be covered an checked so that we can do so? While we have the info of locations already checked out, it would be helpful to know what hasnt & get started.

Morti - WELCOME! Lisa's daughter is a verified insider on this thread, and hopefully she will advise you shortly. Please be careful, watch for cars. People get hit trying to help in this manner...careful careful. God Bless! (Take dogs).

Morti - WELCOME! Lisa's daughter is a verified insider on this thread, and hopefully she will advise you shortly. Please be careful, watch for cars. People get hit trying to help in this manner...careful careful. God Bless! (Take dogs).

Thank you for the welcome and the heads up! We are definitely taking every precaution (and our 2 dogs) to help in any way possible. God Bless you, :rose::angel:!​

Hello, I live in Ventura County and recently joined WS after reading about Lisa early last month.

This holiday weekend, with a help of 6 friends, my brother, and myself, we will spend it scouting, searching, hiking, walking, driving, etc. to assist in locating Lisa. We have read the FB pages as well as information made available through LE to the public a well as what has been provided by the family and the locations that have been covered by amazing people who have joined to find her.

Can anyone advise which areas still need to be covered an checked so that we can do so? While we have the info of locations already checked out, it would be helpful to know what hasnt & get started.

Hi!

I am friends with FindLisaHarvey who is a family member. With her help I made a rough map of the area that could be searchable. Hopefully this will help you in the search area.

Me personally, I feel like she got back on going in the right direction but where she exited from there, I don't know. JMO only though.

Click on the link below for the map. I hope this helps and thank you!!

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

Hi!

I am friends with FindLisaHarvey who is a family member. With her help I made a rough map of the area that could be searchable. Hopefully this will help you in the search area.

Me personally, I feel like she got back on going in the right direction but where she exited from there, I don't know. JMO only though.

Click on the link below for the map. I hope this helps and thank you!!

Map Disclaimer - I am not a professional, this is my first map and I only did it to help the family. All information was taken from FindLisaHarvey missing posters, MapQuest and family information. All information is estimates only.

Your map was extremely helpful! We have one more day of searching areas of which I will provide info of those we covered this weekend.

Would it be ok to PM you a question I had?

Your map was extremely helpful! We have one more day of searching areas of which I will provide info of those we covered this weekend.

Would it be ok to PM you a question I had?

Absolutely!

I just wanted to check in and say that I have been following along. I live in the area and travel 14 and 178 frequently. For those unfamiliar with the roads and topography here, I'd like to give you an idea of why a search like this is so very difficult. (Those of you posting here who are from central/SoCal, Inland Empire/Mojave Desert/Kern Sierra areas obviously already know this.)

This part of CA ranges from flat open desert scrub areas to foothills to mountains all within a few miles of each other. These roadways run along cliffs, steep rocky hillsides, many without guard rails. They are often poorly marked and at night, the desert is *dark*. There are storm culverts, gullies, gulches, and hidden ditches, underbrush. There are "micro" hills that seem almost imperceptible until you are upon them or over them. We have numerous fatalities on these roadways and Lisa is not the only person to have disappeared while driving. For example, a woman went missing last Fall after taking a wrong turn. She was found 5 days later by hikers despite that the highway patrol had searched the area with coordinates reported by her vehicle's OnStar system.

This is why there have been air searches for Lisa Harvey. Given how many unknowns there are re: where she was and what road she was on, it would be nearly impossible to search every possible road and trail, thoroughly searching over the side of every cliff and hillside. We have had such plentiful rainfall last winter that the vegetation is high in these areas. It's not as easy as just saying, "You should search this road".

Someone above asked if LE had dragged waterways. I can't speak to Lake Elizabeth as I have never been there but Lake Isabella is a massive reservoir. They wouldn't drag it without some indication that she might actually have driven in (which, unfortunately, people have done before). If she had gone off the roadway in to the Kern River, there would likely be signs of that from the roadway. There has been a lot of activity on the Kern the last few weeks, so one would hope that would be a good amount of eyes in the area.

I don't in any way want to sound pessimistic. I just hope to give some other Sleuthers who are not in our area a picture of the difficult task for both the family and LE (and in understanding how something like this could have happened in the first place).

We will continue to keep our eyes peeled. We travel between Palmdale - Lake Isabella - Ridgecrest weekly. In the mean time, our prayers are with her for her safety and her family for their peace.

Because there are areas out here with very poor or no cell data coverage.
Very true this happened to me recently when I was visiting family in Michigan. My cell provider didn't cover for large portions especially in the country side so we got lost on our way to a Wal-Mart! I can see someone getting lost on their way to somewhere like a lake

Interested in Cases:

I'm looking at your map but don't see the gas station where she was last sited charted on there. I may be missing this. Where was that? Thanks so much.

Interested in Cases:
I'm looking at your map but don't see the gas station where she was last sited charted on there. I may be missing this. Where was that? Thanks so much.

Good Morning! Attendant THOUGHT he saw her but when video was reviewed, it could not be confirmed. I did find the article and they mention an ARCO station. I did not add anything in Palmdale to the map once they got the confirmed phone ping. Gas station was a "thought I saw her", phone ping was confirmed by police so I went with the confirmed one. I was afraid it would just add confusion and take the focus off of what was solid.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/daughter-pleads-help-search-missing-california-woman-lisa-harvey-n763056

"A story a clerk at an ARCO gas station in Palmdale later told investigators and Lisa’s family that he thought Lisa stopped there to get gas that day, and had asked for directions. The clerk told investigators that he misunderstood where Lisa said she wanted to go, and gave her directions to a different lake. According to investigators, it is unclear if the woman the clerk spoke with, seen on security, was Lisa."

Wow, really sad to see this on page 14. No new updates in the news for over one month. I so very much hope Lisa is found soon so her family will have answers and finally find peace.
If I lived in the US, I'd be tempted to conduct my own search as well.
She is out there somewhere!
Prayers for Lisa, and all family and friends.

I know there wasn't any guardrail damage or evidence of someone veering off into the water, but what about boat ramps?

As much as I hate to say it out loud L wasn't in a good state and I believe upset about a death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back