Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the parlor incident is what set that person off. Didn't that person also post here (bringing that info)?

They were thinking like me because I wanted to do the same thing. Especially since no one could question hubby and the totality of his dodging of the important questions that people needed answered to exclude him in our minds. Jmo.

I think the parlor incident is what set that person off. Didn't that person also post here (bringing that info)?

Yes, you're right, although I think this person was posting along these lines on Jenny's personal FB page even before the parlor sting. When JR deleted posts both of Jenny's and this person, the other page was started IIRC.

They were thinking like me because I wanted to do the same thing. Especially since no one could question hubby and the totality of his dodging of the important questions that people needed answered to exclude him in our minds. Jmo.

I think a lot of us were thinking along your lines, Dex. But we were walking a fine trying to stay within WS victim friendly TOS, which included JR. And it was VERY hard at times...especially after the parlor sting, but even before. The thing is, even a victim's husband (whom we ALWAYS suspect!) is automatically excluded here on WS until evidence indicates otherwise. We didn't have evidence to include him and he doesn't have to answer any questions or reveal anything to LE or anyone else (like Mark Sievers and others). Of course, JR's poor communication skills and deleting of posts just fueled our suspicions...but that may be all he is guilty of. And here we are, over a year later. :banghead:

There is a new letter from JR to Corona up on the Help Find Jenny FB page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JR would have a better chance at cooperation if he would stop insulting the Mexican government. He is screaming about 30k people missing in "corrupt" Mexico. Well, there 90k missing people in the USA!

Insulting and alienating people will not get the result he is seeking. He is asking Corona to donate to an organization he is founding? "Caravan for Life".
I suggest he focus his efforts, energies, and money on hiring a private eye to search the brothels, and simultaneously do a search in Wenzhou. There is as good a chance Jenny is home with her family as there is her being held, or dead, in Mexico.

Mexico has crime and bad people just like the US does. But like the US, the majority of people are good, productive citizens. IMO, it is wrong for JR to constantly insult the Mexican govt and its people because his errant wife participated in high risk behavior that may have cost her life.

I do pray Jenny's whereabouts are revealed, and I know we are all hoping she is safe. I cant help but imagine her sipping a marjarita and munching on chips on the beach. I hope that is true.

Where are you Jenny?

All amateur opinion and speculation only.

JR would have a better chance at cooperation if he would stop insulting the Mexican government. He is screaming about 30k people missing in "corrupt" Mexico. Well, there 90k missing people in the USA!

Insulting and alienating people will not get the result he is seeking. He is asking Corona to donate to an organization he is founding? "Caravan for Life".
I suggest he focus his efforts, energies, and money on hiring a private eye to search the brothels, and simultaneously do a search in Wenzhou. There is as good a chance Jenny is home with her family as there is her being held, or dead, in Mexico.

Mexico has crime and bad people just like the US does. But like the US, the majority of people are good, productive citizens. IMO, it is wrong for JR to constantly insult the Mexican govt and its people because his errant wife participated in high risk behavior that may have cost her life.

I do pray Jenny's whereabouts are revealed, and I know we are all hoping she is safe. I cant help but imagine her sipping a marjarita and munching on chips on the beach. I hope that is true.

Where are you Jenny?

All amateur opinion and speculation only.

Eliminating Wenzhou, and the possibility of Jenny entering another country by inquiring about Jenny's passport history would be a starting point, IMO.

I am still not entirely convinced that JR has been tracking her possible movements across borders since her disappearance. He has mentioned contacting the Chinese embassy maybe once on the HFJ FB page. Given the way he has complained about them being unhelpful (according to him), I seriously doubt that there has been any cooperation between the Chinese government and the Seattle PD, the investigating agency in her case, according to Jenny's NamUs profile.

Jenny's family, on the other hand, has apparently been able to obtain support from the Chinese embassy and -allegedly- the Mexican LE with assistance from the embassy, so if her passport is ever used, the Chinese government would likely notify her immediate family, rather than JR. I have no idea whether they would let JR know at that point, as there appears to be practically no relationship between the two parties.

One thing I wish we had is wish someone who would be willing to help us help find Jenny. Without that, unfortunately, there is only so much people can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads-up. Just read it. I applaud JR for trying to help others. And they really need all the help they can get.

And so does Jenny, and there are many things that can be done to help find her that doesn't cost anything. There are plenty of people out there whose only hope is that she be found. I, for one, have no interest in disparaging anyone, especially in a public forum.

I get that JR is frustrated with the Mexican government and Corona/Modero. I just don't think putting so much time and energy into criticizing them -e.g., the latest post, accusing Corona of supporting sex-trafficking via Twitter, posting the supposed FB profile of one of the delivery truck drivers on the HFJ FB page and encouraging others to harass the man on SM, etc.- is exactly l productive whether in terms of finding Jenny or really anything.

But that's just my opinion ....

So, his attempts to bully Corona failed. So now he is going to send them a polite letter, and ask them to please help. Shouldn't that have been the first step? I seriously doubt Corona is paying any attention to him anymore. His letter will go in the trash.

So has JR filed papers to make his foundation a non-profit? I'm not experienced in these things, but I wouldn't give money to him if I were Corona...or even just me...unless I knew this effort was legit and the money going where he says it is. His past is way too full of wonky financial stuff IMO for me to want to contribute to this seemingly worthy cause.

So has JR filed papers to make his foundation a non-profit? I'm not experienced in these things, but I wouldn't give money to him if I were Corona...or even just me...unless I knew this effort was legit and the money going where he says it is. His past is way too full of wonky financial stuff IMO for me to want to contribute to this seemingly worthy cause.

I thought he was raising money through the Caravan for life organization or something. Unless he is just using their name to act like he is raising money for their cause but the money will go through him first? Idk. But it was nice to see Jennys banner being carried.

Jonathan Reinhard shared a link.
July 3 at 8:50am
9:40 AM I have finally reached my contact at Corona, and have a call scheduled for tomorrow.

Help Find Jenny Public Group

As usual no update, and he never mentioned it again. On July 7 he just posted other irrelevant crap. Just more BS from JR.

I thought he was raising money through the Caravan for life organization or something. Unless he is just using their name to act like he is raising money for their cause but the money will go through him first? Idk. But it was nice to see Jennys banner being carried.

Yes, it was nice to see Jenny's banner carried. This is certainly a worthwhile group.

In his letter to Corona, JR says "I am starting a foundation for the "International Caravan of Life"..... So it sounds as if he is starting the foundation on their behalf to assist in building the organization. Nothing wrong with that at all. But if you Google "how to start a foundation for charity" it's clearly a complex subject. The word "foundation" actually has no legal meaning. There are "private foundations" (self funded, like the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation) that contribute to charities and there are "public charities" that are funded by contributions from the public (including corporations) and then they distribute the money as they see fit, like United Way. Either option must follow certain requirements to be tax exempt.

So I'm not sure what JR is intending when he says he is starting a foundation. But to ask a large corporation to contribute to a "foundation" should mean that you have made some preparations to ensure that the money goes to its intended purpose. If you want tax exempt status, you have to file papers, etc. Given JR's involvement as a defendant in lawsuits regarding various companies (public record), I don't have confidence that he has made these preparations. At best, he is financially naive. At worst, he's a scammer. JMO Either way, Corona would be stupid to donate, no matter how worthy the cause.
Also JMO.

Here are some relevant links...

http://m.wikihow.com/Start-a-Private-Foundation

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/224690

https://nonprofithub.org/starting-a-nonprofit/no-funds-no-problem-starting-a-nonprofit-from-scratch/

As expected (by me, anyway), Corona said "NO" to JR's request for a donation. He calls them "COWARDS." They only help with issues regarding beer. He calls for a boycott and publicity as the only way "corrupt Mexico police" will make an arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/850129231828789/

I'm no attorney, but asking for money and threatening a boycott when it's not given seems awfully close to attempted extortion to me.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/extortion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/extortion.html

As expected (by me, anyway), Corona said "NO" to JR's request for a donation. He calls them "COWARDS." They only help with issues regarding beer. He calls for a boycott and publicity as the only way "corrupt Mexico police" will make an arrest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/850129231828789/

I'm no attorney, but asking for money and threatening a boycott when it's not given seems awfully close to attempted extortion to me.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/extortion

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extortion

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-charges/extortion.html

Wow. And it does take months to get a organization certified and 501c ready. So JR is definitely trying to piggyback off the Caravan for life. He probably thinks he will be their donation spokesman and treasurer or something.

But now since Corona said no. He probably will move on soon enough.

You know, you just can't make this stuff up....what a case!

You know, you just can't make this stuff up....what a case!

This is definitely up there on the list of weird cases I've run across. I wasn't here for the Abraham Shakespeare case but I read the threads and I think that one wins the prize IMO. The killer was even posting on the thread and WSers followed the money trail to nail her motive before he was found IIRC. One for the ages.

Just bumping Jennys thread since I doubt JR would come here and do it.

Hi, everyone! It's been a while.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/2...sts/490429001/

Reading about the recent tragic and mysterious death of Abbey Conner while on vacation in Cancun made my thoughts turn to Jenny, of course.

My mind imagined the probably far-fetched scenario that resourceful Jenny did make it to Cancun, ahead of JR. She checked into their nice hotel, but drank a tainted drink like Abbey and her brother (and so many others, apparently!) and went unconscious. Maybe someone then took advantage of her incapacitated state and did something with her person after that, never to be seen since.

I'm sure many, many tourists go to Cancun without any problems, but in the article I've linked, Abbey's family was staying at a 5-star resort (!) and this happened to her and her brother while there, in just a 2-hour window of time after her parents went up to their room. Heartbreaking tragedy for that family. Dangers lurk everywhere.

About that recent letter of JR's to Corona: JR has tweeted in the past (bolded by me): "The suspected kidnapper / murderer Jose Sandoval Rahuncer is protected by the cartels, the Oaxaca police, Corona, and Kugar." So I don't know what to make of his recent attempt to play nice and gain financial backing for his Foundation from one of the very groups he accuses in the above tweet. To me, he implies there that he believes Corona is in collusion (now there's a word we've being hearing a lot in our own US news, ha!) with the dangerous cartels and also involved in his wife's disappearance. So, why oh why would he put himself into a potential position of being beholden to them as his benefactor? Just feels so wrong on several levels (hypocritical, complicating a future court case), not to mention dangerous (if there are cartel ties).

Reading about the recent tragic and mysterious death of Abbey Conner while on vacation in Cancun made my thoughts turn to Jenny, of course.

My mind imagined the probably far-fetched scenario that resourceful Jenny did make it to Cancun, ahead of JR. She checked into their nice hotel, but drank a tainted drink like Abbey and her brother (and so many others, apparently!) and went unconscious. Maybe someone then took advantage of her incapacitated state and did something with her person after that, never to be seen since.

I'm sure many, many tourists go to Cancun without any problems, but in the article I've linked, Abbey's family was staying at a 5-star resort (!) and this happened to her and her brother while there, in just a 2-hour window of time after her parents went up to their room. Heartbreaking tragedy for that family. Dangers lurk everywhere.

About that recent letter of JR's to Corona: JR has tweeted in the past (bolded by me): "The suspected kidnapper / murderer Jose Sandoval Rahuncer is protected by the cartels, the Oaxaca police, Corona, and Kugar." So I don't know what to make of his recent attempt to play nice and gain financial backing for his Foundation from one of the very groups he accuses in the above tweet. To me, he implies there that he believes Corona is in collusion (now there's a word we've being hearing a lot in our own US news, ha!) with the dangerous cartels and also involved in his wife's disappearance. So, why oh why would he put himself into a potential position of being beholden to them as his benefactor? Just feels so wrong on several levels (hypocritical, complicating a future court case), not to mention dangerous (if there are cartel ties).

IMHO I don't think JR really thought Corona would help him. He did it so 1) he could say he asked and 2) he could say Corona doesn't want to help him and its their fault.

It's good to see you again, Slowpoke! :seeya: I googled Abby...your link doesn't work...what a sad story. I can see how it made you think of Jenny. We keep looking for answers, don't we.

I had the same reaction to JR's letter after his tweet accusing Corona of collusion (great word!) to protect the suspect. How could he think Corona would give him the time of day?! Obviously he didn't....

IMHO I don't think JR really thought Corona would help him. He did it so 1) he could say he asked and 2) he could say Corona doesn't want to help him and its their fault.

Bingo! IMO he deliberately set Corona up in order to make himself look good and Corona look bad.

From the very beginning, JR started angrily blaming government entities both in the U.S. and Mexico for not helping him find Jenny. I guess the lesson is that if you give JR the time of day but don't give him what he wants he will turn on you.

I've often wondered if JR is an "injustice collector"...someone who keeps a running list of unjust treatment, real or perceived, and blames others for every bad thing that happens to him. Injustice collectors can be very dangerous at worst (many mass killings are by this type), or very difficult to live or deal with at "best." I'd put JR in the latter category if he is, in fact, an injustice collector. But these are just my rambling thoughts and curiosity, not even an opinion.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/men...vior/getting-to-know-injustice-collectors.htm

http:// www.jsonline.com/story/news/2017/07/20/all-inclusive-resorts-mexico-suspected-drugging-tourists/

Hm, I don't know how I messed up the link. Trying the link again in a new post since I guess it's too late to edit my last one. I give up if this one doesn't work. *

*Edited to add-- sorry, link doesn't seem to want to work. If interested, do a search for "Tourists to all-inclusive resorts in Mexico suspect they were given tainted alcohol."

I guess, 806mom and Lilibet, you may be right about JR's true intention for the letter to Corona, but like I said the attempt just makes me shake my head. Doesn't make him look good, to me.

"Injustice collector"--I've never heard that term, but YES ! I think that fits him. I learn so much from WS, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks