IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering what happened to the thread that was opened yesterday? I can't seem to find it. Any help would be great, thanks.

I'm curious where the beige colored version originated. The missing fliers and FBI webpage shows a black and white version. I would assume this is the true original pencil rendering. The beige sketch looks like the black/white sketch that has been enhanced with a photo app. The beige copy shows the spot between the eyes, but the black/white version just shows that area as a larger white area similar to other white areas within the drawing...basically no pencil shading. (Trying to add picture, but can't get it to work so here's a link to a flier that has the black/white version ...https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams). I realize the overall picture is what's important. Just a thought.

I'm curious where the beige colored version originated. The missing fliers and FBI webpage shows a black and white version. I would assume this is the true original pencil rendering. The beige sketch looks like the black/white sketch that has been enhanced with a photo app. The beige copy shows the spot between the eyes, but the black/white version just shows that area as a larger white area similar to other white areas within the drawing...basically no pencil shading. (Trying to add picture, but can't get it to work so here's a link to a flier that has the black/white version ...https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/abigail-williams). I realize the overall picture is what's important. Just a thought.

here's the FBI pic..does the face looks fatter?
attachment.php

Attachments

• large.jpg
    large.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 949
attachment.php
Something I noticed about the sketch that I can't get a grasp on just yet.

There appears to be a lighter colored circle somewhat between his eyes on his forehead. I'm having a hard time trying to describe it. See picture.

So, I'm wondering why that area is lighter in color that the rest of the area? Could this be from sunglasses? Anyone else with any other thoughts?
attachment.php

LOL. He looks like he has a bullseye on him when I circle the spot....LOL

Let today be the day!!
My thoughts was that it's the flat part between the brow before the bridge of the nose starts to protrude from the head, or maybe also to show what sort of brow line he has, like say flat versus sunken or with no prominate mid brow wrinkles ( like i have lol) all imo
Eta> also those mentioned alcohol issues related to facial features rang a bell to me of a syndrome i had remembered researching, fetal alcohol syndrome? I personally am not to sure if that's the case here but give it a look up, there are various mental ailments that go along with it like social issues and such just if you are Interested.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

The original press release from ISP was beige.
https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/INPOLICE/bulletins/1aa8d2b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

IMO DNA phenotyping is largely responsible for the sketch. A "witness" coming forward after 5 months makes no sense at all.

Turnaround time for a DNA phenotype sketch is 4-6 weeks. Most likely expedited in this case. That means LE has had this sketch for some time now.

The announcement of a "witness coming forward" is to protect LE from criticism for withholding sketch from the public.

Hey......whatever works to catch this guy!

I went back to the first thread in this case and found this information.

"A woman who was at the bridge commented on a Facebook post by a family member of one of the girls, saying she had been at the bridge shortly after the girls posted the photo. She said she didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary.

“I even walked all the way across the bridge and back. I only (saw) a guy when I first got there and another couple once I got on the bridge,” XXXXXXXXX wrote. “I didn’t see the girls at all. I also didn’t take the trail that leads to the right. Only took the trail that lead to the bridge.” "
http://heavy.com/news/2017/02/liber...ssing-snapchat-facebook-photos-family-bridge/

I removed her name

attachment.php
Something I noticed about the sketch that I can't get a grasp on just yet.

There appears to be a lighter colored circle somewhat between his eyes on his forehead. I'm having a hard time trying to describe it. See picture.

So, I'm wondering why that area is lighter in color that the rest of the area? Could this be from sunglasses? Anyone else with any other thoughts?
attachment.php

LOL. He looks like he has a bullseye on him when I circle the spot....LOL

Let today be the day!!

Maybe a scar????

I think it's the other way around. Converting a sepia toned drawing to black and white usually causes light areas to seem more prominent in contrast to the blacks.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

My thoughts was that it's the flat part between the brow before the bridge of the nose starts to protrude from the head, or maybe also to show what sort of brow line he has, like say flat versus sunken or with no prominate mid brow wrinkles ( like i have lol) all imo
Eta> also those mentioned alcohol issues related to facial features rang a bell to me of a syndrome i had remembered researching, fetal alcohol syndrome? I personally am not to sure if that's the case here but give it a look up, there are various mental ailments that go along with it like social issues and such just if you are Interested.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Fetal Alcohol Syndrome description:

A person with an FASD might have:

• Abnormal facial features, such as a smooth ridge between the nose and upper lip (this ridge is called the philtrum)
  • Small head size.
  • Shorter-than-average height.
  • Low body weight.
  • Poor coordination.
  • Hyperactive behavior.
  • Difficulty with attention.
  • Poor memory.

Possible, maybe???

IMO DNA phenotyping is largely responsible for the sketch. A "witness" coming forward after 5 months makes no sense at all.

Turnaround time for a DNA phenotype sketch is 4-6 weeks. Most likely expedited in this case. That means LE has had this sketch for some time now.

The announcement of a "witness coming forward" is to protect LE from criticism for withholding sketch from the public.

Hey......whatever works to catch this guy!

I doubt that LE withheld the sketch on purpose. In the presser for the release it was stated that it was done from a combination of LE resources, combined with witness/es statements. They want to get this guy and IMO it would be in their best interest to get a sketch like this out as soon as possible, not a delay in releasing it..

I wish national cable news outlets would dedicate more time to this case, especially since we now have a detailed sketch of the suspect. These channels bring in over a million viewers a day and I'm pretty sure that includes viewers who aren't getting their news online (for example: the elderly and technophobes). We need as many eyeballs in this country as possible looking at the pics and sketch (and hearing that voice - it's so distinct, someone knows that voice and knows it well). If BG is not local to Indiana then it's possible that a past contact of his hasn't been exposed to the story. We only need ONE PERSON from BG's past or present life to make that call.

Social media is powerful but isn't as wide-reaching in terms of demographics as television, IMO.

Source for cable news viewership:

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cable-news-ratings-cnn-fox-news-msnbc-q2-1202479416/

This morning googling news a NYTimes article came up quoting Sgt Riley that changes up the details a little bit about the sketch and how it was obtained. It's dated Tuesday 7/18/17. With all due respect to LE, just wanted to show the variations put out since Monday morning.

1st version: At the press conference Monday morning 7/17/17 Sgt Riley made an apparent slip saying "she" when referring to a witness.
2nd version: Later on Monday 7/17/17 subsequent news articles via Associated Press quoted Sheriff Leazenby as saying the 'witness saw the man walking near Delphi..only recently met with an FBI sketch artist...he cannot discuss where the witness saw the unidentified man...' http://www.nbc29.com/story/35903873/witness-aided-in-sketch-of-suspect-in-indiana-teens-deaths

3rd most recent version in italics below:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/18/us/delphi-murders-indiana-sketch.html
Sgt. Riley said in the interview on Tuesday that the sketch of the suspect had been made from information the authorities received from public tips, but he declined to say whether the information came from one or more people or how it was handed over.

“It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”

Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said.

“It takes quite a while to get a sketch put together,” Sgt. Riley said. “We let the person look at the picture and come back a few days later and ask, ‘Do you remember anything else?’”
Sgt. Riley said that after the release of the sketch, extra personnel were brought on to help with the expected influx of information.

My opinion, possibly a purposeful slip? "She" imo is possibly parabon or something of the like. Could be wrong, of course.

Eta: He is clearly saying this is a new witness which was not identified before. Maybe it is just that. So, nevermind I guess:

"It came through because of information that we received from persons that were in the area,” around the time the girls went missing, he said. “Either we did not make contact for the first time, or they were afraid to come forward.”

"Sgt. Riley said the sketch artist had started about a month ago to piece together the descriptions, frequently consulting the witness or witnesses to refine the drawing. Investigators also interview people offering descriptions to make sure they are not just trying to get someone into trouble, he said.""

Started a month ago. Wow...so, this statement is clear. Someone was in the area and they just recently came forward. Okay then.

I believe it is possible that "The police will not say where the witness encountered the POI" and "That the witness did not come forward sooner because they were afraid" could be that the witness encountered the POI on their own property.

Several residences border this trail near the crime scene and they are not fenced off. If the POI wanted to exit the crime scene in a hurry, and did not want to risk being seen by other potential hikers, he certainly wouldn’t back track along the hiking trail.

Is it possible he made a side exit out of there crossing over private property while doing so? That would help make sense about why a witness would be afraid to come forward about this encounter. Because POI knows where she lives. I can’t come up with any other logical reasons to fear coming forward. If the POI and the witness know each other we wouldn’t only have just a sketch right? So why be afraid to come forward?
HMMMMMM?????

I believe it is possible that "The police will not say where the witness encountered the POI" and "That the witness did not come forward sooner because they were afraid" could be that the witness encountered the POI on their own property.

Several residences border this trail near the crime scene and they are not fenced off. If the POI wanted to exit the crime scene in a hurry, and did not want to risk being seen by other potential hikers, he certainly wouldn’t back track along the hiking trail.

Is it possible he made a side exit out of there crossing over private property while doing so? That would help make sense about why a witness would be afraid to come forward about this encounter. Because POI knows where she lives. I can’t come up with any other logical reasons to fear coming forward. If the POI and the witness know each other we wouldn’t only have just a sketch right? So why be afraid to come forward?
HMMMMMM?????

This makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members