IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #63

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read all the new pages here, I don't have time today but I wanted to mention something I read about SnapChat - it gives out your GPS location. I don't know how, I don't know who gets that info, I know nothing more. I just read it in some article on kids and safety. No, I can't site it because it was weeks ago and I couldn't post a the time because the thread was closed and then life happened. But, the Snapchat photo on the bridge would reveal that exact location.

Technosaur here, so don't kill the messenger.

This is correct, but it is a new feature that wasn't in place in February. There was a big uproar about it when they announced it...as if location info isn't available in basically every other social media app there is. It's optional in Snapchat the way it is in all other apps as well.

I think there is a difficulty with extrapolating anything from such a small study - like saying the killer is usually in a place for legitimate reasons, the murder is somewhat spontaneous and so on. It's a small study and these *convicted* criminals had prior records and chaotic backgrounds. It stands to reason that people who murder acquaintances locally with little planning based on impulse and perverse desires get caught. So while it certainly is a common theme it is not necessarily applicable here.

Compare Huntley, who epitomises the above description to someone like Israel Keyes. IK only got caught because he put himself in "hard mode". If this guy is his sort, he is likely thrilled with the digital evidence being available and yet still being unidentified.

bbm
That's how a burglar/rapist/killer was caught in Raleigh, NC. LE had DNA rape evidence, but no matches to it. The perpetrator lived in the neighborhood but refused to give LE a cheek swab when LE conducted a neighborhood search, asking for cheek swabs from the men. Because he had a minor prior record & he was the only neighbor who refused the swab, LE had him on 24-hr surveillance. They got a cigarette butt from one he had tossed on public property. They got a match within 24 hours, and made and immediate arrest based on the match. Trial. LWOP.
Great. Way to go LE. Back to the question "do they have dna from the CS?".

So, going around in circles, beating the same old dead horses, what else can we do as sleuthers other than help get the word out since we do not have all the information that BAU has, here are some possibilities as to how this case can be maybe be solved:

1. Confession (yeah, let's just cross that one off right now).

2. Someone turns him in, either known to him, or less likely, a random sighting.

3. A cold case sitting in a box somewhere gets DNA retested and there's a match...now if it's a cold case you might wonder well how the heck can that help? Well because there might be information in the file as to someone interviewed early on or maybe a POI in that case that could never be proven.

4. DNA is linked in a future case where the suspect is either caught, or there are circumstances similar to #3, a person on the radar in that case is identified as being in the area, matching the sketch, voice or DNA.

5. Some miraculous hit via other investigative techniques in the future that could come to light such as pings, footprint analysis, facial recognition match, surveillance footage, etc etc. Obviously none of that has worked so far.

6. He gets pulled over, random car accident, etc and LE is suspicious for some reason and digs deeper.

What else? There must be more...(please let there be more...)
7. (God forbid) He commits another crime.

I've become confused on why all of a sudden people are saying that LE might already know who this is. I've been following crimes across the country before the information super highway existed. Not one that I can remember has ever included a sketch of a known suspect by LE. They don't know who this man is and that's the reason this sketch was released. Why waste the communities time asking the public for help if they already have him in their sights? It really doesn't make any sense to me. IMO

I'm not endorsing that idea, just trying to answer a common question we keep seeing in this thread: "If LE does have a suspect in mind, why can't they move on him now?"

Man, the trail of bodies this monster has likely left...there's something out there somewhere he's done that we can't find or hasnt been proven....somehow this could be the key...

What is his connection to Delphi and this bridge area??? This is key, imo. (Same old questions and comments, sorry...trying to be as least repetitive as possible, but coming back to these same things...why was he in the area on Feb 13...gah I can't stand this...)

I don't know what we can possibly discuss that hasn't been discussed already...seriously, is there anything about this case that hasn't been discussed??

Eta: The plant still bugs me too, but LE would have that covered to infinity by now....I wonder if they've asked to see every pay check ever written to every employee...maybe the plant has minimal records. Maybe they hit a dead end with aliases, etc, or even locating some people...

I wish they'd release the shoe print information...obviously they haven't gotten a database hit on that assuming they got a clear imprint...

I'm dying to know COD and disposal method/condition of how those poor girls were left were left, understandably they can't release this, but this is a big part of the picture we "armchair detectives" are missing.

Re: why that place on that day
Fwiw I really see it as me when i go garage saling. I can't be everywhere in a large metro.area, so I have to choose one or two suburbs/neighborhoods and cross fingers I hit some winners. I think that rec area was on his radar (due to its relative "merits"), and he simply chose it that day. He came prepared. He imho wasnt passing thru en route to wherever.

Re: the lack of a profile at this time, I'm confused by this. It would seem to me there might be something of substance other than the usual cookie cutter profile ("might have missed work the next day, increased alcohol or drug usage, has an unusual interest in case, may have changed appearance, bla bla...") which could be gleamed by gaining insight from the crime scene (via COD, MO, etc etc etc...).

Gives the "we want to know who he is" a double meaning....they can't even give a freakin profile as to who they think he is profile-wise. Not dogging LE, just wondering why this guy might be so hard for even them to possibly analyze??

Eta: Do I recall the number of actual FBI profilers in the US are next to none? Maybe I dreamed this but I thought there were only like 6 or something vIa Foxfire...brain has officially gone kaput so sorry if this is imagined misinformation...

Taking a break.

No it wasn't imagined by you. I too understand it to be a very limited group of experts doing profiles. It seems like a important role yet a under utilized field of work.

I think there is a difficulty with extrapolating anything from such a small study - like saying the killer is usually in a place for legitimate reasons, the murder is somewhat spontaneous and so on. It's a small study and these *convicted* criminals had prior records and chaotic backgrounds. It stands to reason that people who murder acquaintances locally with little planning based on impulse and perverse desires get caught. So while it certainly is a common theme it is not necessarily applicable here.

Compare Huntley, who epitomises the above description to someone like Israel Keyes. IK only got caught because he put himself in "hard mode". If this guy is his sort, he is likely thrilled with the digital evidence being available and yet still being unidentified.

the mere mention of Israel Keyes, makes me ill, I have probably read 2000 true crime books of the sickest nature, and yet there are one or two I refuse to read, and Israel Keyes is one..I can never erase the horror of the BTK killer who to me is the sickest most vilest man that ever lived. The other is the Susan Powell case with is just beyond heartbreak...

It's so terrifying that someone can be so sick as to enter your home and take your life...Ted Bundy was an "enterer"...he took women from parks, off the street, from a public places such as a hotel...but he was also a creeper and entered peoples homes, as with his final 12 year old victim and
the victims at the sorority house.

this guy could have a record for peeping, or a juvenile record or arson, breaking and entering, or sexual battery. I would be going thru old yearbooks from the eighties and 90's at local high schools. Old juvie records if they keep those for reference. Also School Janitors and jobs that put him in contact with young girls.

they know what they're doing so I hope they are doing these things.

We may not be accomplishing much (sometimes I think), except by spreading the word through facebook, etc., about these crimes and suspects.
But on the positive, many of us don't have anyone we know who has an interest in these cases so Websleuths is such blessing. I got started with the Nancy grace show. I even dated through some of that period. Yes, he watched his show while I used a different tv/different room to watch Nancy grace. No guy is gonna separate me from my show! Lol
Since many people are way too busy with little kids hanging all over them, or it's just not of interest to them, it's really great to have Websleuths to get facts, and share thoughts, as well as beat the dead horse (ok, quite frequently on the more frustrating/unsolved).
Not to bad mouth FB, but in crime cases it gets so overrun with 'facts' and emotions, you can't sort out the fact from the fiction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Almost like watching a game of tennis, lol. But seriously it's disheartening to think that horrific crimes are being committed and we feel helpless. Love the Nancy Grace show too...sorry she's off the air! It's disappointing to see something so tragic like the murder of two girls just living the life of teenagers and no one knows who he is,or I should say someone knows who he is and may not even know that this happened or are too scared to come forward....

Alright what about this to add to the list of ten thousand possibilities:

Works on an offshore oil rig.

Hi Margarita - I don't know why but when you wrote that I spit out my coffee. What if'ed to death I see!!! lol

I would like to add a What If of my own.. What if this psychopath is so typical looking that he's hiding in plain sight? He's so average, middle aged, and doesn't look like a murderer at all...... I'll be damned if I believe he just randomly found that location that looks to me very rural. With a community of 3,000 it's way too small to hide out in, so he probably doesn't live in Delphi, but he definitely knows the area...... What if he's a window cleaner???

A certain number of the people in Indiana have an upper south accent (TN and KY) because many of the original settlers came from those states. That accent in Indiana maybe diluted in some, but not in others.

Because I have never paid attention to accents and dialects in the past, I will start paying closer attention now. I'll be traveling out to Missouri by car in a couple of weeks passing through PA, WV, OH, IN, IL so I'll keep my ears perked up on the way people speak. Which just reminds me of all my stops and truck drivers along the way sitting in stores drinking coffee and shooting the breeze. I'll be on the lookout and will bring along the printed poster's with his sketch... It's the very least I can do..

It's great to see that the new sketch generated a ton of leads. All it takes is one and this will be finished.

May today be THE day.

From what I posted last night about three LE choppers with their search lights on - Yes, I called local LE, but was given no information. Nevertheless, it was very "creepy".
Love you Lilowet!

Someone on this thread posted a possibility but I cannot remember the post #. It was right around your original post. It has to be a horrible feeling. It happened in my neighborhood twice and both suspects were LE... It's scary!

I have a hard time thinking of Indiana as having anything Southern about it.

The guy sounds like he is from New Hampshire to me.

To me he sounds like he's from Missouri. But I do know someone from New Hampshire and their accent is very distinct and includes a slight Boston drawl....

Almost like watching a game of tennis, lol. But seriously it's disheartening to think that horrific crimes are being committed and we feel helpless. Love the Nancy Grace show too...sorry she's off the air! It's disappointing to see something so tragic like the murder of two girls just living the life of teenagers and no one knows who he is,or I should say someone knows who he is and may not even know that this happened or are too scared to come forward....

I like nancy too..she has a podcast and spoke on this case the 18th
http://www.crimeonline.com/podcast/

I have looked for Gray Hughes on Youtube and can't find what you're looking at. Did you get permission to post yet? Can you give us the title of his specific Youtube video so we can look it up? I have thought about this for quite a while(about it being BG's hand and not a fanny pack).

[video=youtube;DZzBCyLSI0E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZzBCyLSI0E&list=PLm8YOVMTz18HSfgvOn7eBtCVaCghbLHws&index=6[/video]

I believe this is the link that Spistol is talking about. Sorry if this has already been posted, I haven't finished catching up on the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998