Found Deceased FL - Phillip Wood, 46, Navarre, 16 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
O/T wow! Use to live and work in Navarre and my ex bf was LE. A small town that has really grown.

Officers are looking for a man who went missing in Florida on Sunday who has ties to the Gatlinburg area.

Phillip Andrew Wood was last seen at 4:45 a.m. Sunday in the living room of his home in Navarre, Florida.

Wood has family in Gatlinburg and formerly lived there.

He is described as a white male around 5-feet-10 and 250 pounds. He has short grey hair and blue eyes.

He drives a 2007 four-door white Honda Civic with Florida license plate GSIR63

http://wate.com/2017/07/18/police-look-for-missing-florida-man-with-gatlinburg-ties/amp/

ETA The PNJ is reporting from SRSO that Phillip is considered endangered.

ec4d7da59c829402aed05bce2b88657d.jpg

Attachments

• 2-1-183x300.jpg
    2-1-183x300.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 275
I don't understand. He walked away from his home? How did he disappear?

So he left willingly? why is he listed as possibly endangered?

No new news in internet land....

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• 20108416_1705374409768730_2507054577845265757_n.jpg
    20108416_1705374409768730_2507054577845265757_n.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 206
His wife Hope reports, she last saw him at 4:45am.

"He was in our living room and I had woken up and spoken briefly with him, then after I woke up at 7:25 he was gone and cellphone went to voicemail."

She also states,

"Phone has been pinged, last known place was here at home"

Additional info on Phillip, including occupation, found here. - http://florida.missing.report/phillip-andrew-wood-navarre/

"NAVARRE — The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Department is asking for the local public’s assistance in locating missing 46 year old Phillip Andrew Wood out of the Navarre, Florida area.

Phillip was last seen on Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:45 am.

He was wearing a dark colored t-shirt, unknown colored shorts, and flip flops. He speaks several languages fluently. He was a linguist during Desert Storm. He currently is Director at Defense Language Institute (DLI) at Hurlbert Field Air Force Base near Pensacola. His family moved from Sevierville, TN several years ago and he still has ties to the area. His cell phone has been either off or dead since his disappearance and his family is very concerned for his well-being. Phillip may be driving his white 2007 4-door Honda Civic with Florida plate GSI–R63.

This gentleman served our country. We owe it to him to help find him and see to it he is safe. Our turn to help. Please be aware of your surroundings while you are out. We can be HIS family’s hero, now!

PHILLIP IS DESCRIBED AS:
• ETHNICITY: White.
• HAIR: Grey.
• EYES: Blue.
• HEIGHT: 5 feet 9 inches.
• WEIGHT: 260 pounds.
• OTHER: He has a tattoo of a “J” on his upper back. May be driving his white 2007 4-door Honda Civic with Florida plate GSI–R63."

There are a lot of military now living in Navarre. Close to Hurlburt Field and minutes from the beach.

His wife Hope reports, she last saw him at 4:45am.

"He was in our living room and I had woken up and spoken briefly with him, then after I woke up at 7:25 he was gone and cellphone went to voicemail."

She also states,

"Phone has been pinged, last known place was here at home"
I wonder if he was up waiting for someone to show up?

Has anyone else seen anything lately? Media outlets all seem to be quiet and family seems to be surprisingly moving on. I just feel weird about this whole situation.

Phillip was last seen on Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 4:45 am.

He was wearing a dark colored t-shirt, unknown colored shorts, and flip flops. He speaks several languages fluently. He was a linguist during Desert Storm. He currently is Director at Defense Language Institute (DLI) at Hurlbert Field Air Force Base near Pensacola. His family moved from Sevierville, TN several years ago and he still has ties to the area. His cell phone has been either off or dead since his disappearance and his family is very concerned for his well-being.

http://florida.missing.report/phillip-andrew-wood-navarre/

His wife Hope just posted on her FB page that he died August 2nd. She didnt say that he was found dead on that date but said he died on the 2nd. No details were given at all. Maybe the local news will have more.

That's odd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Following this one. Something seems off. Prayers for this man's family and friends during this time of sadness and grief.

His wife Hope just posted on her FB page that he died August 2nd. She didnt say that he was found dead on that date but said he died on the 2nd. No details were given at all. Maybe the local news will have more.

A suicide maybe?

RIP Phillip!

I have been waiting for an update from the media but have not came across anything yet. I also have not seen anything further posted in our local groups. I'm slightly baffled by this situation watching it unfold the past couple weeks on social media. Additionally the family has said he had been entered into Namus and I was never able to locate him on there. I'm curious if his location has been known for awhile or if it was truly just an oversight.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back