Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boulder County DA's office helps secure grand jury indictment in Dylan Redwine disappearance
http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_31160532/boulder-county-das-office-helps-secure-grand-jury

"A Boulder County prosecutor was part of the team that presented evidence to a La Plata grand jury that led to the indictment and arrest on Saturday of Mark Redwine in the death of his son, Dylan Redwine"

Snip

"Fred Johnson was sworn in as a special deputy in the case," Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said. "He handled the overall investigation, and the presentation to the grand jury. He will be the lead trial counsel on that."

"Garnett said the Jefferson County District Attorney's Office also sent a prosecutor, and former Boulder police Detective Chuck Heidel was also involved in the case.

He said it's not uncommon for larger jurisdictions like Boulder County to send prosecutors to more rural judicial districts that don't have the same level of staffing and expertise, to help out on cases.

"Just this year we have had several cases in southern Colorado," Garnett said. "We've sent people down to help in Trinidad and other places that are shorthanded. We are happy to share the expertise.""

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/ci_31160532/boulder-county-das-office-helps-secure-grand-jury

"Garnett declined to say what developments in the nearly five-year-old investigation let to the indictment, but said that Johnson has been involved in the probe for several months.

"It's one of those cases that is difficult and complex enough that we were asked to help out on the case," he said. "We have a number of excellent prosecutors with cold case experience.""

The time delay could be an advantage. It will definitely be harder for the father to appeal (emotionally) to a jury now that so much time has passed. He had years to confess and act remorseful. He didn't. If he sheds one tear over his action in court, it will be 100% obvious that his tears are for self only. He has no defense, and surely no case for legal insanity etc. Just my two cents....

I feel confident a guilty verdict will come from this and justice for Dylan and his real family will happen.

Friend of Dylan Redwine reacts to father's arrest
http://www.9news.com/news/local/friend-of-dylan-redwine-reacts-to-fathers-arrest/459033742

"Ryan still misses the friend he bumped into at Family Dollar. Four and a half years later, he holds onto Dylan’s memory. He keeps a basketball that once belonged to Dylan in his room.

“Somehow, it’s always stuck around just kind of like Dylan has, you know,” Ryan said.

Ryan goes off to college in the fall, and he plans to take Dylan’s basketball with him. Some friendships start, and simply never end.

“Dylan will always be there,” Ryan said. “For sure.”"

http://www.9news.com/news/local/friend-of-dylan-redwine-reacts-to-fathers-arrest/459033742

"Ryan still misses the friend he bumped into at Family Dollar. Four and a half years later, he holds onto Dylan’s memory. He keeps a basketball that once belonged to Dylan in his room.

“Somehow, it’s always stuck around just kind of like Dylan has, you know,” Ryan said.

Ryan goes off to college in the fall, and he plans to take Dylan’s basketball with him. Some friendships start, and simply never end.

Awww that's so sad. There are so many victims in this case. Those who loved him and never got to say goodbye. It's a reminder we should all have that life is so fragile.

What a lovely young man. Losing Dylan may have helped make him the nice young man he is today.

I am sincerely hoping Mark doesn't know anyone who has a spare million dollars in cash lying around to bail him out of jail with.

$1 million. Cash. They mean business. They want to do everything they can not to let him out a day earlier than they have to.

My step daughter spent nearly $60K in court battles in 2 states to keep her child from being forced into unsupervised visitations, out of state, with the bio dad. Visitation is only allowed in the home state, 4 hours at a time, in a public place for 3 days every other weekend and it is supervised by a neutral party. It was worth every penny. Although he can spend 12 hours with the child every other weekend, he elects to do so for only about 3 hours for many reasons, most of which are valid.

It was a heartbreaking battle which lasted seemingly forever. No one wanted to deprive the father of his child, but his physical violence and threats were taken seriously by us and the Judges. At one point we discussed how she would simply leave the country with the baby and go into hiding if the court ordered her to allow him unsupervised visits anywhere. The threat was too real to risk.

For the moment we are more at ease knowing that someone is watching his interaction with the child at all times.

This arrangement is so easy to order and protects the innocent child without denying the father his rights.

It is very state (and sometimes county) specific how things like this are handled. My daughter had visits that could only be supervised by a court appointed therapist for 18 months, because he is so horrible, and then for no good reason he got his unsupervised time back. Our judges and commissioners rotate through various departments and when they changed we got a very pro-father judge who wasn't concerned enough to keep my daughter safe. The reason being that he "wants to be a parent and has a live in girlfriend who can be the extra eyes watching the visit." In Washington it seems any parent that expresses an interest in parenting is given every chance, sometimes too many chances. It really isn't as easy as you think, otherwise I wouldn't have to physically force my daughter into her dad's car every other weekend.

Question about the K9 smelling out human remains at MR's house:

The indictment says that the dog came in August of 2013, and that it hit on the clothes MR was wearing the night Dylan was last seen alive. Does that mean they hadn't been washed? Or can a dog smell stuff like that after a suspect washes the clothing? Would the dog hit on the washer if only the clothing in question or something like towels from the clean up were washed, or would a body need to be in or on the machine to have the smell?

I am 70 years old, and when I was growing up and for longer than that, men who left their families, just left and started new families which they often left as well. Deserted wives, they were called. No men then, wanted anything to do with the families that they had left, it was only when men were forced to pay child support that they had any interest in the children that they had abandoned.
I am not saying all men were like that, but this man would have walked away with no regret except that he had to support his children and his wife and the child should be punished for expecting him to do that.

I am just watching this old interview with Mark Redwine and it's so creepy to think that's where Dylan was killed https://youtu.be/fGEwCBPy90w

I had forgotten how much I disliked the man.
BBM ASYOUSAY...How in the world could you have forgotten? lol.
Dhang....besides the "fake emoting" this guy has some serious health issues. I'm probably pointing out somethings that have already been discussed/disgusted...but those "pinpoint" pupils are not normal.
What are common causes of pinpoint pupils?
One of the most likely reasons someone might have pinpoint pupils is the use of narcotic pain medications and other drugs in the opioid family, such as:
codeine
fentanyl
hydrocodone
oxycodone
morphine
methadone
heroin
http://www.healthline.com/health/pinpoint-pupils#causes2
***Hmm, beanie on his head?, reddish-brown hair?, long whispy hair?, truck driver? One drooping right eyelid? No defined cheek bones? Facial hair/moustache &short beard(Left side looking at video) Not sure if "blood shot eyes" give the appearance of "not blue eyes"? Just sayin' hmmm....Nah, No way, Improbable, but dhang....I'll just tiptoe out of the room, now.***

I am 70 years old, and when I was growing up and for longer than that, men who left their families, just left and started new families which they often left as well. Deserted wives, they were called. No men then, wanted anything to do with the families that they had left, it was only when men were forced to pay child support that they had any interest in the children that they had abandoned.
I am not saying all men were like that, but this man would have walked away with no regret except that he had to support his children and his wife and the child should be punished for expecting him to do that.

Except Mark Redwine wasn't the kind of man who would just walk away. He was a cancerous parasite. It was his life's goal to inflict as much pain as possible onto Elaine and everyone she loved. Trust me, with or without court ruled child support, Mark Redwine wasn't going anywhere.

Except Mark Redwine wasn't the kind of man who would just walk away. He was a cancerous parasite. It was his life's goal to inflict as much pain as possible onto Elaine and everyone she loved. Trust me, with or without court ruled child support, Mark Redwine wasn't going anywhere.

Yes, that too. But that was because she left him. It was the perogative of men to leave. How dare she leave him.

So there is a hearing at 3pm PT - that would be 1am my time - so I guess I'll just have to read to "see" what happened, and "when" he'll be extradicted to Colorado for another court hearing date....

:judge:

JUSTICE for DYLAN! :rose:

Boulder County DA's office helps secure grand jury indictment in Dylan Redwine disappearance

"A Boulder County prosecutor was part of the team that presented evidence to a La Plata grand jury that led to the indictment and arrest on Saturday of Mark Redwine in the death of his son, Dylan Redwine"

Snip

"Fred Johnson was sworn in as a special deputy in the case," Boulder County District Attorney Stan Garnett said. "He handled the overall investigation, and the presentation to the grand jury. He will be the lead trial counsel on that."

Well, it looks like Fred Johnson is my new hero! Thank you, FRED!

Wish Dylan was packing up for his first year at college, too. I'm so glad this young man is hanging on to that basektball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz