Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php
Hoping...it has the long/lat at bottom of pic....
Your pictures are brilliant Puggle, thank you so much for your time an effort....invaluable.

I've (again) Googled fuel gauge problems Mercedes Benz 2004 and it appears to be a common problem with the sending unit.
The problem most people are saying that it's when they fill the tank it only shows 7/8ths full and after 50 miles (USA) it catches up and starts working normally.

Expensive dealer fix apparently because it's hard to get to, labour draining the tank etc.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1184810-there-tsb-other-info-faulty-slk.html

This is a DIY step by step fix. I think I could fix it!
4 easy steps, time required 5 minutes.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Mercedes+W123+Fuel+Sending+Unit+Replacement/33384

The sender float is designed to float on the surface of the fuel inside of the tank. As the level drops, the position of the arm and float will shift and move a resistor which controls the display on the gauge. When the fuel sending unit has an issue it can cause the vehicle to experience issues with the fuel gauge, which can put the vehicle at risk of running out of fuel. Usually a bad or failing fuel gauge sender will produce a few symptoms that can alert the driver of a potential issue.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-fuel-gauge-sender

image.jpegAlso adding that the fertiliser bottles were found in a corona carton as well. Seems odd. Just thinking if a fire pit has been seen in the area, was the corona carton part of previous mess left by others . The corona Carton only held two bottles and the other 8 were beside this. Wonder if the batch numbers from the bottles and corona box were still visible. Wonder if it could link to when they were manufactured/distributed and if a particular store/chain had that batch.

Now I understand why the police are doing everything to get this 100% right and no stones left unturned because BR has covered all bases.
*He's admitted he drove the vehicle and there appears to be that *common fault.

As Abbstar pointed out it will show up on the puter thingy.

Slimey little sucker.

Hi Sleuth team!

I'm new. I have been lurking for a long time and I apologise in advance for the length in my post but Karen is frequently on my mind although I never knew her, I often think about the injustice here for Karen and something compells me to write on here because I do for some reason think of Karen.

I have worked for Mercedes-Benz for 6 years, the last 3 being in the service and repairs department. So I would like to provide my opinion where I can on the car.

<Respectively snipped for brevity.>

welcome-sign8.jpg

Welcome Abbstar007 and a big thank you for explaining the finer workings of the Mercedes Benz.

Now I understand why the police are doing everything to get this 100% right and no stones left unturned because BR has covered all bases.

Slimey little sucker.

Perhaps the implausible part was that going over a bump would fix it TGY?? Thank you for investigating that. I'll call on you then shall I if I ever have a faulty fuel gauge in my Merc?

attachment.php
Hoping...it has the long/lat at bottom of pic....

Thanks Puggle, got it now. The picks where some police cars were stopped on the corner of Salisbury & Loch with police tape and there was others cars down further on Loch where Karen was found.
I couldn't work it out because I thought Salisbury was a tar road.

Attachments

• IMG_1744.JPG
    IMG_1744.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 43
Perhaps the implausible part was that going over a bump would fix it TGY?? Thank you for investigating that. I'll call on you then shall I if I ever have a faulty fuel gauge in my Merc?

yes implausible- he could be a knucklehead.

:grouphug: Us crazy WSers become backyard authorities on everything from roundabout cameras, Koppers logs, pedophiles & how to mask decomposition odors. (To name just a few).
Seriously that do-it-yourself instruction looked ultra easy.

Step one: Find the first aid kit. (Hard part) :thinking:

No bump required! :D

Is there a possibility that SR's Uni has ended. Few ppl doing the same course at Monash started 2014 ended 2017. If that's the case also a possibility she didn't go to uni that morning so didn't have to leave early that morning g if no other commitments .
Trying to find the schedule for bachelor of communication design at Monash Caulfield. Looks like this particular course was one year full time following on from an arts degree.
Anyone know soneone at monash Caulfield that can get the schedule for this course. ?

SR was due to do an internship in june 2016 and her course was due to finish in 2017.... but she has quite possibly taken time off from it.

I got this info from her linkedin profile, not sure if im allowed to link it. Interestingly her profile picture on linked in she's standing in front of a city view - like a tourist photo... and there is Asian looking writing on a plaque. Maybe Chinese?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Did a bit of googling and pretty sure its hong kong... wonder if she often went on trips with her mum for the business

Haven't posted in ages but wanted to add my thoughts.

<modsnip>

Also apart from Samuel (who only knew her through business dealings) no one who REALLY knew Karen well bar one article has ever publicly attested to what she was really like.

As I previously posted in the early days, it was well known at Watergardens by other traders the shop was in trouble. Now if Karen was the face of the business who's to say she wasn't the type of person who wanted to keep up appearances, live the high life and try and get in with celebrity clientele and not be a particularly nice person to those that actually knew her. Of course this is the million dollar question as no one knows what goes on behind closed doors and in this case what happened to her during her death.
If they were fighting about the shop as stated perhaps it was BR sick of her draining their finances and flogging the dead horse that the shop was. Maybe he wanted to leave her? Maybe SR really hated her Mum and an accident inside the home caused BR to cover up?

So many questions and not much being answered by those that know!

SR was due to do an internship in june 2016 and her course was due to finish in 2017.... but she has quite possibly taken time off from it.

I got this info from her linkedin profile, not sure if im allowed to link it. Interestingly her profile picture on linked in she's standing in front of a city view - like a tourist photo... and there is Asian looking writing on a plaque. Maybe Chinese?

Can you please, link the Hong Kong image. Would love to have a crack at that.

Great first post Abbstar007! Welcome! Thank you for the insightful post. :wagon:

Thanks also to Puggles. Great work over the last few days. Your photos are evocative.

That's an invaluable first post there Abbstar. Thanks so much. We've heard previously that it would be unusual to have a faulty fuel gauge in a Mercedes. Is that correct in your experience?

Not a problem :)

it is not a common issue, but it does happen. But it does not just correct itself, and certainly not by going over a bump.

As Abbstar pointed out it will show up on the puter thingy.

Slimey little sucker.

Just doing some catch up. Abbstar has confirmed everything I believed about the fault and logging. Yay.
Call me a cynic, but it's very convenient that BR has cited a potentially 'common' fault with the merc (amongst other very convenient things about this case)....doesn't ofcourse mean the car had the fault at all. Perhaps he is a bit more stealthy than first thought and figured he would be caught on CCTV and so needed a feasible explanation if footage of him arose. Would be really intriguing if, amongst the iPad searches already mentioned in media, was 'known faults of merc', 'how to speed up decomposition', 'covering up a murder for dummies' .
Bring it on already - suspense of an arrest is killing me!

View attachment 120855Also adding that the fertiliser bottles were found in a corona carton as well. Seems odd. Just thinking if a fire pit has been seen in the area, was the corona carton part of previous mess left by others . The corona Carton only held two bottles and the other 8 were beside this. Wonder if the batch numbers from the bottles and corona box were still visible. Wonder if it could link to when they were manufactured/distributed and if a particular store/chain had that batch.

I bet Bunnings keeps meticulous records...along with excellent cctv.

Can you please, link the Hong Kong image. Would love to have a crack at that.
Im not sure if linkedin is classed as social media - as i believe not allowed to link to that... Google 'sarah ristevski linkedin' and its the second hit. I dont have an account and call still see the profile

I bet Bunnings keeps meticulous records...along with excellent cctv.
These products are not sold at bunnings, theyre sold at specific garden supply shops for hydroponic use only.

There would never be a record for the purchases as 99% of these customers pay by cash and there are usually no cameras in these stores.

100% sure these we're disposed there because you dont want to be caught with these in your bin, unless you really are growing tomatos and not something....else. When the first pictures of these came out months ago i was able to confirm that each bottle was the complete package you'd need for a grow.

None of these help with decomposition.

[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads