Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although narcissists don't (or won't) show it, all perceived criticism feels gravely threatening to them (the reason that their inflamed, over-the-top reactions to it can leave us so surprised and confused). Deep down, clinging desperately not simply to a positive but grandiose sense of self, they're compelled at all costs to block out any negative feedback about themselves. Their dilemma is that the rigidity of their defenses, their inability ever to let their guard down (even with those closest to them), guarantees that they'll never get what they most need, which they themselves are sadly--no, tragically--oblivious of.
To better grasp why narcissists are so ready to attack others and so unable to deal with being attacked themselves, it's useful to understand something about their childhood. People aren't born narcissistic--it's powerful environmental influences that cause them to become so.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../the-narcissists-dilemma-they-can-dish-it-out

Thanks tgy for info on narcissists.
On my fb timeline appeared Peter Caruso on Listverse, a man who came across as someone 'who wouldn't hurt a fly', and yet, behind close doors he was a controlling, manipulative narcissist who ended up killing his wife, Rosa, in their Templestowe home in 2008.
This is an excerpt from the article, and a major reference to Gerard Baden-Clay and his narcissism. Imo, Borce has a similar outward demeanor, he's been described by a few as a 'harmless' and 'unassuming' man but his life choices, and the shocking death of his wife, suggests otherwise. While his wife was missing, Borce's only concern was to be seen as a successful business man with no financial worries.
No matter the stress Borce and Karen were facing, killing her should NEVER have been an option. It does take a 'special' kind of person to commit such an act, someone who doesn't live in reality and has never taken responsibility for their actions, whether in business or private affairs. JMO

Why Did They Do It? Inside the minds of Australia’s unlikely killers

Peter Caruso was able to act so selfishly and callously because he has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). This is characterised by a pervasive pattern of grandiosity, a constant need for admiration, arrogance and a lack of empathy for others.
On the day she died, Caruso appears to have become aware that Rosa was planning to leave him, threatening his assets and status in the Italian community as a successful businessman. Those with an NPD often respond with rage when their demands are not met.
Rosa’s death was similar in some ways to that of Allison Baden-Clay, whose real estate agent husband Gerard almost certainly killed her when she refused to continue to live a life based solely on his needs and with no consideration for her or their family.
Caruso and Baden-Clay both believed in their own cleverness and superiority and their right to demand compliance from their wives. They incorrectly assumed that others would swallow their fabricated stories about how their wives died. But their lack of empathy, a key feature of NPD, meant that neither realised others would see through their charade.
Both were far too cool, calm and collected when their wives died and seemed more concerned about the impact on themselves. They also continued to protest their innocence, despite mounting evidence.

Research has shown that the most dangerous time for a woman in an abusive relationship is when a she decides to leave or actually leaves. If her partner has an NPD, the risk is further magnified.

Cheryl Critchley and Dr Helen McGrath are the authors of Why did they do it? Inside the minds of Australia’s most unlikely killers

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/452a9154db9bb86da4c10ef2e8b141b4

On my fb timeline appeared Peter Caruso on Listverse, a man who came across as someone 'who wouldn't hurt a fly', and yet, behind close doors he was a controlling, manipulative narcissist who ended up killing his wife, Rosa, in their Templestowe home in 2008.
This is an excerpt from the article, and a major reference to Gerard Baden-Clay and his narcissism. Imo, Borce has a similar outward demeanor, he's been described by a few as a 'harmless' and 'unassuming' man but his life choices, and the shocking death of his wife, suggests otherwise. While his wife was missing, Borce's only concern was to be seen as a successful business man with no financial worries.
No matter the stress Borce and Karen were facing, killing her should NEVER have been an option. It does take a 'special' kind of person to commit such an act, someone who doesn't live in reality and has never taken responsibility for their actions, whether in business or private affairs. JMO

Cheryl Critchley and Dr Helen McGrath are the authors of Why did they do it? Inside the minds of Australia’s most unlikely killers

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...s/news-story/452a9154db9bb86da4c10ef2e8b141b4

:goodpost:

Prime like you I'm seeing the close alignment with Baden-Clay's business as usual attitude.
I think when this goes to trial we will be gobsmakked by the similarities only because the main drive behind the similarities will be the narcissism.

The sadness I have for Karen is that she hasn't the devoted parents which Allison had, that is making all the world of difference.

I still won't be surprised if there is a love interest somewhere behind the scenes which heightens the desperation to get rid of the wife and keeping the assets.

I'm starting to believe that BR was controlling more and more. If you look at KRs friends list on FB where are her long term friends? Lots of BRs family on there and a few friends who have publicly appealed for her... but even some of them i think are only recent enough reconnected from high school friends.

Was KR starting to try and make her own friends more and more? Reaching out and reconnecting with people?

I wonder if AR also told his dad about KRs alleged plans on leaving after SRs 21st.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I just googled Watergardens Shopping Centre to see what competition Karen had re ladies fashion shops and was surprised at the variety including Designer Labels such as "Bardot, Noni B, Sportsgirl as well as the normal Rockmans, Katies etc"...

Karen only catered for formal/races/coctail and sizes were limited apparently...Maybe she had too much competition there... bearing in mind that the average price of her dresses at Bella Bleu were around $400 each... possibly making it an unsuitable location for Bella Bleu in that shopping centre with the clientele who regularly shopped there...

A lot of people who have various types of businesses try and get involved in charities involving celebrities for their own benefit... to help their businesses become more successful...

If you had a shop at Watergardens such as Karen's, you would do anything you could to generate publicity to get people to come into your shop... because most charities that have celebrity ambassadors don't tend to shop in those areas to even know about the shop...

Karen became involved with actor Samuel Johnson who played Molly Meldrum in a tv mini series and won a Gold Logie... and his sister Connie who is fighting cancer... by donating ladies clothing to raise money for their Charity for women battling cancer...

They became close friends and Samuel put out a public plea on tv to help find Karen just after she disappeared...MOO

I just googled Watergardens Shopping Centre to see what competition Karen had re ladies fashion shops and was surprised at the variety including Designer Labels such as "Bardot, Noni B, Sportsgirl as well as the normal Rockmans, Katies etc"...

Karen only catered for formal/races/coctail and sizes were limited apparently...Maybe she had too much competition there... bearing in mind that the average price of her dresses at Bella Bleu were around $400 each... possibly making it an unsuitable location for Bella Bleu in that shopping centre with the clientele who regularly shopped there...

A lot of people who have various types of businesses try and get involved in charities involving celebrities for their own benefit... to help their businesses become more successful...

If you had a shop at Watergardens such as Karen's, you would do anything you could to generate publicity to get people to come into your shop... because most charities that have celebrity ambassadors don't tend to shop in those areas to even know about the shop...

Karen became involved with actor Samuel Johnson who played Molly Meldrum in a tv mini series and won a Gold Logie... and his sister Connie who is fighting cancer... by donating ladies clothing to raise money for their Charity for women battling cancer...

They became close friends and Samuel put out a public plea on tv to help find Karen just after she disappeared...MOO

I googled "Vibrant" and noticed once the BR's were selling refrigerators etc., then casual clothing incl. shoes - until they landed with designer dresses at new addresses and under new names.
-.-.-
A thought beside: is there "somewhere in the area" an old but operational refrigerator in an abandoned house perhaps which got visited (with Moccasins or without ;) )?

Oh TGY - that is weird... it said you originally posted that comment... when it was me..... ooooohhhhhhh! Freaky!

Makara & Chris P Bacon re your above posts. Still here 100% reading the site as I have found it the best place to get updates on any new developments reported in the media.

I will post my thoughts on why and how soon. After 12 months of going through all the information and digesting it you certainly build up what you think has happened and why but that doesn't mean it could be close to the truth. When the two closest people to KR are not talking to LE providing information filling in the gaps isn't easy.

Heaven forbid these have a second round of fame because of WS.

NO!! I'm temped but I won't post their photos!!
(There's some funny ones)

The trouble is TGY it can become too tempting at times to post funny photos and go overboard a bit to liven up Karen's thread while we are "waiting and waiting" for these ARRESTS to be made...

With all the silence around the Ristevskis etc, the final outcome and the arrests might just surprise us!
I sometimes wonder if they will try to throw :rant: :underbus:.

IF BR has involved his brother then I wouldn't be surprised if there has been a rift between them. Just the knowledge of what went down is enough to drag VR into the vortex. Both them and their families would be mega paranoid by now.

Could LE be pitching both against each other giving immunity to VR if he comes clean or he's going down as well. Bro's gonna loose everything, you will too.

IF BR is guilty then 100% surety VR knows the full story and supported his bro to an extent. Did VR tell his wife?....who did she tell?...it goes on.

We'll see see how thick their blood really is. I'd say they've had a fallout but they could've mended it by now.

Of course they've had all this time to get all stories straight.

If what was suggested by CR is true.... that VR informed Police he was heading to the site on that Day that ACA just happened to arrive at the right time..

Then yes...some games maybe are being played .... to cause a rift or at least doubt between the brothers..

I wonder if police have put the offer of immunity from prosecution on the tables yet for someone to spill the beans...

I googled "Vibrant" and noticed once the BR's were selling refrigerators etc., then casual clothing incl. shoes - until they landed with designer dresses at new addresses and under new names.
-.-.-
A thought beside: is there "somewhere in the area" an old but operational refrigerator in an abandoned house perhaps which got visited (with Moccasins or without ;) )?

FG ..... from what you have found.... does it give a brand name for any of the shoes.

Makara & Chris P Bacon re your above posts. Still here 100% reading the site as I have found it the best place to get updates on any new developments reported in the media.

I will post my thoughts on why and how soon. After 12 months of going through all the information and digesting it you certainly build up what you think has happened and why but that doesn't mean it could be close to the truth. When the two closest people to KR are not talking to LE providing information filling in the gaps isn't easy.

Thankyou Steve your feedback is GOLD!

Love to you and your family. It's great to hear you are well.

Steve, for the life of me I can't understand, especially an innocent daughter, would clam up and not help the police get justice for her mum, unless she's protecting some loved one. Just that alone points to BR, who else would she protect? If that's the case.
I just can't get my head around that!
You are my hero Steve!

Although.... there is one I have a chuckle at all the time... poor Fabio - the one and only was riding a roller coaster and got smacked in the chops by a duck.... he couldn't believe it was not butter.... lol....

If you insist.
But that's it! :floorlaugh:

Attachments

• IMG_1761.JPG
    IMG_1761.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1760.JPG
    IMG_1760.JPG
    31.9 KB · Views: 27

Steve I am really looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Yes it is difficult to fill the gaps when the two closest people to Karen are not talking.
When was Karen last seen by someone other than Borce or Sarah. When was the last time Karen spoke to someone other than Borce or Sarah?
What occurred on the evening of the 28th after Karen having that bad day.
The 29th from the moment each household member rose from their beds.........did they even go to bed?
What time did Sarah leave the house. Did she leave the house? I am sure that has been checked out.
Why did Sarah follow up her fathers appeal a day later then zip up? Why did she want it known her mother had gone ballistic? Why?
Sarah evidently is still refusing to speak to the police to help find her mothers killer. Imo that is because she knows who, why and how.
The gaps will be filled.

imo

This is a great post, thank you. I never thought of BR like this and now you have convinced me he is a narcissist.
What are your thoughts on SR?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members