WI WI - Kayla Berg, 15, Wausau, 11 Aug 2009

The ID television show is on right now. Haven't had time to review the threads, but that is so strange they are saying she was missing for a week before reported.

Perhaps others that followed this case earlier can chime in if they are following still.

These young girls had way too much freedom for this new century :(
They all seemed to come and go as they pleased. It just sounded like a recipe for disaster as I watch this show, not even knowing what was to come. Jmo

They all seemed to come and go as they pleased. It just sounded like a recipe for disaster as I watch this show, not even knowing what was to come. Jmo

5 members and 18 guests following tonight.

My heart goes out to the family and friends that may have hit on a google search for this tonight.

When I was young, decades ago, I had a very very long leash. These days, with reading what we do here, I perhaps would be (unfortunately) a helicopter parent. My parents never contacted the parents of someone when I said I was going to do a sleepover etc....and I grew from those childhood experiences and never repeated on my own later ... but SMH.... I think I would these days as as parent I might call parents and helicopter.

And that saddens me as I know that teens do things that parents never know, but they are safe... but I couldn't fathom the pain if I didn't and something happened.

Kayla... your parents want you found and love you. To friends who may know something, please contact law enforcement.

ETA: 30 guests here now. If anyone is here reading that is from the past that are friends and know something, please contact law enforcement.

Yeah, totally agree with you, 15 year old girl hung out with 20 something men, using drugs, irresponsible friends, <modsnip> result with multiple way to get things horrible wrong

It is a very sad case, with, to me, an obvious suspect.
Also makes me more relieved than ever that I never had kids. I would not have been able to deal with teenagers. Too many dangers. Jmo

Yeah, totally agree with you, 15 year old girl hung out with 20 something men, using drugs, irresponsible friends, <modsnip> result with multiple way to get things horrible wrong

For perhaps many reading here, the mantra as we in our childhoods did the same...and lived through it....

"There but for the Grace of God, go I."

Just saw the ID show - wow! Seen so many cases where the "he was just a friend" who gives a teen or young woman a ride home or to someplace.... once alone with the female, he makes unwanted advances that are rejected, and the outcome is not good. There is never conformation of the victim ever arriving where she's supposedly left off... Finding the victim is important if the case is to be solved and requires getting warrants right away, and bring in allot of resources right away - lie detector tests of the suspect, forensics of his car, clothing, etc., etc...

I think that it is odd, that after the possible Walmart sighting, her friend said that she had hoped it was her, that she was actually still alive.... is it possible that some of the friends know more than they say? I don't believe it was intentional, but I believe some of them know more.

I really have to hand it to ID on the Disappeared series. I appreciate the fact that the actual investigators are interviewed along with family and friends of the person who has disappeared.

I look at Kayla's mother and I see a single mom trying to make a living to better all their lives. It was a bit confusing as to why the delay in reporting Kayla missing happened, but I can understand better that Kayla was spending a lot of her time with her dad too. I believe because of the incident that Kayla and a friend were almost reported missing in the previous weeks before Kayla disappeared caused Kayla's mother to hesitate in filing a report.

I too think there are friends and acquaintances that saw something more or know more than they are telling. And, I agree with Old Steve that Kayla got in the vehicle with the older and a trusted friend of the brother. He put the moves on her and she resisted and he killed her.

I pray for Kayla's family and I hope that someone steps up and gives information so Kayla can be brought home to her family.

totally agree, I have my money on Kevin. But then again Miguels second phone pinging at 2am far away from his house after not being used and him not talking is definitely suspicious.
I dont know why she would be dropped off at his condemed house though, I feel like he would have come got her or she would have asked to be dropped at the actual house he was at if she wanted to see him. I wish he would talk though and explain why he had that phone so far away that night.
Every other thing points to Kevin though. I definitely believe those dogs. His alibi of his mum saying he was at home at midnight doesnt mean anything, he said he was home at 10.30 yet she says midnight. there is hours missing there. Especially if he never actually drove her to Miguels so there is even more time from literally when she got in the car. I hope one day they find Kayla. But now that she is probably bones its going to be very hard. Had a bad feeling about the lake,
Id have to guess he tried to make a move on her and she either said she is seeing Miguel again or just said no and he got mad and killed her.
I actually remember that whole youtube video thing when it happened but havent followed this case, just saw the episode of Disappeared.

totally agree. seems like the mom let her do what she wanted. and the fact that she didn't report her missing for a week! shes 15 years old! you have to be more accountable as a parent. letting her teenage girl run around with guys that were in their 20s smh. so sad and stupid. these parents had to learn the hard way to keep track of their kids. i live near antigo and can tell ya that its a little backwards redneck town. ain't much good coming out of that place.

"But she had met a man, Miguel Marrero, who was four years older than her and dated the minor despite her mothers' opposition.
Sprenger said: 'I told her I wasn't happy and that she was 15 and he was 19. I said to her, "I am not cool with this". But she thought she loved him. It was just a teenage love thing.'
The couple eventually split, but on the night of August 11, 2009, she reportedly went to visit him.
Police were told by Kevin Kielcheski, a friend of Kayla's brothers, that she asked to be dropped off at Marrero's home in East Wausaw Avenue, Wausaw, Wisconsin, which is about 35 miles from Antigo.
Kielcheski, who was 24 at the time, admitted smoking marijuana with the minor and was later charged with second-degree reckless endangerment."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fictional-clip-sick-film-makers.html#comments

"The couple eventually split"

That's a new point that hadn't been brought out in the news. I was under the impression they were still in a relationship at the time she allegedly went to see him. I wonder how long a time period it was between when they broke up and when she disappeared.

The house with the dumpster pictured in the news story doesn't look even remotely like the house on Bridge St. where MM had allegedly seen her the day before she disappeared.

youre the user "triangleweb" on reddit. youve posted a lot of great info about this case. have you ever gone to the authorties with that information? seems like they could do something with it.

I think that it is odd, that after the possible Walmart sighting, her friend said that she had hoped it was her, that she was actually still alive.... is it possible that some of the friends know more than they say? I don't believe it was intentional, but I believe some of them know more.

its possible. especially if theres a alpha female or male in the group who intimidates others to not talk. in a town like antigo its even more possible, small town where people are afraid of retaliation. not like living in a big city where you can remain anonymous.

If Kevin didn't have anything to do with her experience, then how do they explain the cadavers reacting to Kevin's property and vehicle

probably because she had hung out with him regularly. not excusing or saying that theres nothing to do with it. im just guessing the police connected the dots and came to the conclusion that they were friends and most likely had ridden with him before.

I too think there are friends and acquaintances that saw something more or know more than they are telling. And, I agree with Old Steve that Kayla got in the vehicle with the older and a trusted friend of the brother. He put the moves on her and she resisted and he killed her.

idk, i really think kevin had nothing to do with it. although it is creepy that he was driving her around and smoking pot. i think something happened to her in wausau after she was dropped off.

Hi, I just watched the Disappeared episode and I wanted to comment on Kayla's disappearance. Note that I'm just assuming here, but I think Kevin knows the most, since he's the last one we "know" has seen her before she went missing. Although it is strange that Kevin would try to make a move on Kayla since... well, he's known her for so long and he's probably been alone with her before, this could be the first time it turned serious. I mean, they were smoking marijuana (based on what Kevin revealed to police) and we don't know if Kevin was experimenting with other drugs. He could have tried to make a sexual advance towards Kayla and when she refused, he could have snapped. Kayla seemed like the type to tell her friends everything. If she was going to see Miguel, it seems a little unlike her to leave that out when talking to Beth. Whatever the case, Kevin's story is questionable to say the least. For someone who really "cared" about Kayla, it doesn't make sense that he would just drop her off at Miguel's vacant property... I think he's hiding something.

We have to look at who has the most motive, and I think that's Kevin. Unless she was hiding something from her friends and family (which I'm not ruling out), nobody else really stands out as having motive. If Miguel and Kayla had a contentious relationship, I'm sure it would have been evidenced somewhere. Therefore, we have no information that anything violent happened between them, making him an unlikely suspect. If Kayla was considering getting back together with Miguel, they probably weren't in a bad place. There are only a few possibilities that I can draw from the events surrounding her disappearance. The first is that Kevin is responsible for whatever happened to her. The second is that Kevin dropped her off at Miguel's abandoned house and she was abducted by someone she knew or a stranger. The third is that she made it to Miguel's after being dropped off and Miguel did something to her. Since I can't wrap my head around the other two possibilities, I think Kevin was the most likely to witness or take part in her disappearance. It's also very possible that Kevin drove Kayla to Wausau where they went to a party. Maybe Kayla got strung out on drugs or passed out after drinking too much. Someone could have drugged her drink. It could be that Kevin or his friends tried to hook up with her and she refused.

* friendly reminder that Kevin and Miguel are innocent until proven guilty

Hi, I just watched the Disappeared episode and I wanted to comment on Kayla's disappearance. Note that I'm just assuming here, but I think Kevin knows the most, since he's the last one we "know" has seen her before she went missing. Although it is strange that Kevin would try to make a move on Kayla since... well, he's known her for so long and he's probably been alone with her before, this could be the first time it turned serious. I mean, they were smoking marijuana (based on what Kevin revealed to police) and we don't know if Kevin was experimenting with other drugs. He could have tried to make a sexual advance towards Kayla and when she refused, he could have snapped. Kayla seemed like the type to tell her friends everything. If she was going to see Miguel, it seems a little unlike her to leave that out when talking to Beth. Whatever the case, Kevin's story is questionable to say the least. For someone who really "cared" about Kayla, it doesn't make sense that he would just drop her off at Miguel's vacant property... I think he's hiding something.

We have to look at who has the most motive, and I think that's Kevin. Unless she was hiding something from her friends and family (which I'm not ruling out), nobody else really stands out as having motive. If Miguel and Kayla had a contentious relationship, I'm sure it would have been evidenced somewhere. Therefore, we have no information that anything violent happened between them, making him an unlikely suspect. If Kayla was considering getting back together with Miguel, they probably weren't in a bad place. There are only a few possibilities that I can draw from the events surrounding her disappearance. The first is that Kevin is responsible for whatever happened to her. The second is that Kevin dropped her off at Miguel's abandoned house and she was abducted by someone she knew or a stranger. The third is that she made it to Miguel's after being dropped off and Miguel did something to her. Since I can't wrap my head around the other two possibilities, I think Kevin was the most likely to witness or take part in her disappearance. It's also very possible that Kevin drove Kayla to Wausau where they went to a party. Maybe Kayla got strung out on drugs or passed out after drinking too much. Someone could have drugged her drink. It could be that Kevin or his friends tried to hook up with her and she refused.

* friendly reminder that Kevin and Miguel are innocent until proven guilty
Stayed up and read everything I could about Kayla"s disappearance and I agree with guest 100%
My gut tells me also that this is one of those times where LE " knows " who the perp is, but unfortunately, there MUST be sufficient evidence as a person can only be tried ONCE.
Those cadaver dogs didn't hit for NO reason.
As the mother of 2 girls my heart breaks for all who love her.
It's a scary & sad world we live in when the folks closest to us, the folks we know, our neighbors and friends, THEY are more likely to hurt us than a random stranger.
All JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

probably because she had hung out with him regularly. not excusing or saying that theres nothing to do with it. im just guessing the police connected the dots and came to the conclusion that they were friends and most likely had ridden with him before.
Cadaver dogs are trained to only hit on decaying " dead " remains.
Her being with him before has no bearing where a cadaver dog is concerned.
JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288