IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Batgirl...welcome back to the fold.

Hello everyone, I joined WS years ago with the Elizabeth Smart case but became inactive for many years due to work and child-rearing responsibilities. I lost my log-in info a long time ago and had to create a new ID recently, so now it looks like I just joined. Every now and then, a case like this really grabs me. This one has done it. I've been reading along but haven't really had anything new to add. Sleuthin's post got me to thinking about the jeans. The picture is so blurry that I really can't see much of anything, but I'll go out on a limb here. Those jeans don't appear to be wrinkled like they were washed and came out of the clean laundry pile IMO. I don't see any wrinkles. Now this is something that I would never do (nor would anyone I know), but I know that some people do this, and to each his own, but could these dad-jeans be starched or at least ironed? Could that be what's creating the lines that the light seems to be bouncing off of? Just wanted to throw it out there...

Great to have you back Batgirl.

It is possible that LE has already spoken with a killer (or one of the killers). I doubt it, as the late release of the sketch and height/weight estimates hint otherwise. But it is possible.

The one thing to keep in mind is that the 18,000 tip number are not unique tips. There are likely thousands of tips that were made on one single RSO. Thousands of tips on RL. Thousands of tips across the next 3 or 4 most mentioned RSOs. Thousands of tips on the same known person put as a side-by-side with a BG image. Thousands of tips that said things like, "I think you should look in bars I think he is a drinker", "I think that accent is ...", "I think the hat he is wearing is brand ...", "i think he is a trucker", "I think he is left-handed", "I think there is a gun in his pocket", "I think he said (insert almost anything else) instead of down the hill" and so on. And a not small number of people tipping in ex-husbands, ex-boyfriends, neighbors they don't like, etc. just to cause those people trouble. And so on.

The reality is that the vast majority of tips came with no name or a name that came up previously tens, hundreds, or thousands of times. I would put money on the table that with the new batch of tips received that there are very few new names that LE received that they didn't get the first time around.

This is a great post. So why don't we talk about what *would* make a compelling lead. I wish we had someone from LE to offer up some suggestions. I'll give it a go, and you guys take it from here...

(Examples only!)
Using the name "Joe Smith" (J.S.) as an example. Apologies to the Joe Smith's of the world!
*J.S. called in sick for several days after the murder. He said he had the stomach flu. When he came back to work his facial hair had been shaved off and he had a short haircut.
*J.S. is a veteran with a limp, and is an avid sailor. He knows how to tie lots of knots
*J.S. has a collection of flat caps and always wears them. Oddly, he switched to ball caps after the murders occurred.

That sort of thing....what else?

IMO - We have nothing new to sleuth - it's wonderful that we're not giving up. LE has to release more information - IMO. It's been three weeks(?) since this new sketch was released - and still nothing.
This murderer is walking among us.

Hello everyone, I joined WS years ago with the Elizabeth Smart case but became inactive for many years due to work and child-rearing responsibilities. I lost my log-in info a long time ago and had to create a new ID recently, so now it looks like I just joined. Every now and then, a case like this really grabs me. This one has done it. I've been reading along but haven't really had anything new to add. Sleuthin's post got me to thinking about the jeans. The picture is so blurry that I really can't see much of anything, but I'll go out on a limb here. Those jeans don't appear to be wrinkled like they were washed and came out of the clean laundry pile IMO. I don't see any wrinkles. Now this is something that I would never do (nor would anyone I know), but I know that some people do this, and to each his own, but could these dad-jeans be starched or at least ironed? Could that be what's creating the lines that the light seems to be bouncing off of? Just wanted to throw it out there...

What a GREAT catch on those jeans! I hope I'm not duplicating anyone else in saying that. More likely that I am. Probably last in line since there are so many great people on here.

What occupation would have those traits? Or, maybe it's not an occupation? This is how he grew up. Habits are one of our biggest downfalls. Does someone out there know anyone who would starch and/or, iron their jeans? And maybe stopped dressing in that manner, around the date of this horrific treatment of two of our children?

I almost wrote one. This case, as with so many others, makes me tear up. Yeah, I get a little cry in now and then too. Okay, that was OT. These were two bright children, robbed of their chance for a life, on our one lonely blue planet.

I hope all of our LEAs realize how much we believe in all that they are doing.

Okay, rant over. That really was fine sleuthing IMHO.

This is a great post. So why don't we talk about what *would* make a compelling lead. I wish we had someone from LE to offer up some suggestions. I'll give it a go, and you guys take it from here...

(Examples only!)
Using the name "Joe Smith" (J.S.) as an example. Apologies to the Joe Smith's of the world!
*J.S. called in sick for several days after the murder. He said he had the stomach flu. When he came back to work his facial hair had been shaved off and he had a short haircut.
*J.S. is a veteran with a limp, and is an avid sailor. He knows how to tie lots of knots
*J.S. has a collection of flat caps and always wears them. Oddly, he switched to ball caps after the murders occurred.

None of these would be valuable to law enforcement. Your first point would be somewhat important if it asked whether you knew someone who altered his appearance right after the murders. If anything the guy would go to work. Not stay home.

I believe he has done this before. I think this was opportunistic, though. I don't know if he saw them being dropped off or just while they were on the bridge and had his alter ego kick in and couldn't stop once that flip was switched. I also believe that he is a truck driver...his pants are very creased from his belt to his groin area, like he had been sitting while driving. Wanting to stretch his legs for a bit, then saw the girls. I truly wish we had more information from the PD. Sad this is taking so long.

I believe he's a truck driver too. I hadn't noticed the pant creases though, you have great observational skills. :) I do wonder if there were any 18 wheelers noted anywhere in the area during that time. How far is the nearest truck stop, is there one near there? Are there motels for truck drivers in the area?

Maybe the jeans were new and had never been washed, i.e. he bought them just for this day.

To me it's a shame, SM had this new sketch posted for one day, and, after that, they went back to what the
Kardashian family is doing. What priorities,

I'm thinking of it more like a personal trait...someone who is very meticulous, as evidenced by starched or ironed jeans, well-groomed facial hair, etc. Seems to me like someone who is very orderly and likes things a certain way; to me, he doesn't look messy or disheveled but instead appears to be well-groomed. His posture also looks very confident and purposeful. MOO

Adding a thought on the jeans. Men who have been use to ironed jeans will send them to the dry cleaners if/when they are single again.

It could be,but then that would mean that LE completely fabricated the story about the witness coming in and having a back and forth conversation with him.According to the article they asked him why he didn't come forward sooner and he replied with,good question.I don't know.

I don't mean this to start an argument, however, how many cases have we heard LE stretch the truth by the way their interpretation was presented to us? Or, one could simply say tell a lie? Naturally, in LE's reasoning there is a valid purpose in what they are doing.

The more times I watch the video, the more confused I get as to how these girls were in such a desolate place and this man appears. It certainly wasn't their day!

I don't mean this to start an argument, however, how many cases have we heard LE stretch the truth by the way their interpretation was presented to us? Or, one could simply say tell a lie? Naturally, in LE's reasoning there is a valid purpose in what they are doing.

The more times I watch the video, the more confused I get as to how these girls were in such a desolate place and this man appears. It certainly wasn't their day!

Exactly. Not random. Tracked and stalked.

Maybe the jeans were new and had never been washed, i.e. he bought them just for this day.

This is exactly what I thought, early on. There was "something" about them, and then it hit me, the jeans are not wrinkled, bunched up, etc.

I've thought all along that he may have had another layer underneath the jeans, and it looks like at least two layers underneath the jacket.

JMO

Okay LE, it's time. Bring him in, and let lady justice (and the D.A.) do the rest.

God Bless our Justice Fighters! Go get him!

(Examples only!)

"JS" stopped wearing his blue jacket and dad jeans...

No argument from me on that. I question everything,because everything should be questioned.

I have seen suggestions that these girls were murdered because they witnessed or knew something. What do posters think of those theories?

I have seen suggestions that these girls were murdered because they witnessed or knew something. What do posters think of those theories?

Possessing knowlege seems possible. I think its most likely a catfish situation that proved deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752