Found Deceased UT - Paul Swenson, 30, American Fork, 27 July 2017

The real question: Are his actions calculated or random, impulsive choices? If he's intentionally leaving, he is vacating a $400-$500K home (property records are on line), parked a $50K 2016 Bimmer, and is apart from his child and a simply gorgeous spouse. Could be a great life or a pressure pot of crushing debt. He appears to have a physique that would not enable him to be easily overpowered. He also formed a corporation in June. If he disposed of personal assets, that to me lessens the likelihood this is a random psychotic break and shows planning. Knowing more about the "strange" clothing found in the vehicle would be helpful; such as the size and type; khakis? sweats? lingerie? I find the word "strange" to be an odd word to use to describe clothing unless it was some sort of weird cosplay.

The use of the word "strange" in relation to the clothing and the bottle of alcohol found in the car have thrown me from the beginning. I wish we knew why they were so "strange"...not sure that they are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The use of the word "strange" in relation to the clothing and the bottle of alcohol found in the car have thrown me from the beginning. I wish we knew why they were so "strange"...not sure that they are?

Paul is LDS. That explains the "strange" in reference to the alcohol IMO... maybe non-modest women's clothing? Just a thought.

Paul is LDS. That explains the "strange" in reference to the alcohol IMO... maybe non-modest women's clothing? Just a thought.

As in, the items are strange because they are so not Paul?

Speculating, maybe he was known to all to be very straight laced and neatly fitting in to the LDS community, and then he cut his hair, got a tattoo, and now there are items in the car that don't fit at all with his previously known and accepted lifestyle and personality? jmo

Speculating, maybe he was known to all to be very straight laced and neatly fitting in to the LDS community, and then he cut his hair, got a tattoo, and now there are items in the car that don't fit at all with his previously known and accepted lifestyle and personality? jmo
I've been speculating the same. If he was feeling that the life he was leading wasn't genuine, I can see how that could cause great emotional stress, which could certainly lead to a mental break of some sort.

I pray the SLC source is able to find him and get him the help he needs.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Agreed. His tattoos are quite recent too. It seems that his behavior changed in the past 6 months. As an Ex-Mormon, I get the vibe that what his family is keeping from the volunteers is his exit from the church. JMO.

I hope that that sighting was really of him and that he will found soon.

Agreed. His tattoos are quite recent too. It seems that his behavior changed in the past 6 months. As an Ex-Mormon, I get the vibe that what his family is keeping from the volunteers is his exit from the church. JMO.

I hope that that sighting was really of him and that he will found soon.

Do you know if this case has been posted and shared on any exmo sites? I feel like some folks there might have analysis and/or have seen him...

I read in one account he had no medical issues. I read in another account he had seen a physician so I'm not sure which is right. Also, how do you know you have heart problems? One does not typically see a cardiologist (or internist) without first going to a family doc.for a preliminary diagnosis or a treadmill. I am more perplexed by the account which had him seeing a physician earlier in the day and then not going to an "appointment" later.. Was that missed appointment also for a physician, or was it just an "appointment."

I read in one account he had no medical issues. I read in another account he had seen a physician so I'm not sure which is right. Also, how do you know you have heart problems? One does not typically see a cardiologist (or internist) without first going to a family doc.for a preliminary diagnosis or a treadmill. I am more perplexed by the account which had him seeing a physician earlier in the day and then not going to an "appointment" later.. Was that missed appointment also for a physician, or was it just an "appointment."

He has no previous diagnoses, that doesn't mean he didn't have undiagnosed health issues that just started recently. It's all explained here:
Swenson visited a doctor hours before he went missing with a complaint about chest pains, American Fork Police Sgt. Josh Christensen said. Swenson’s wife, Ashlee, told police Swenson had been “talking randomness” and acting strangely over the past several days.

“He was just not making sense in a lot of the things he talked about. The way he was acting was just very strange and just odd behavior for what he is normally,” Christensen told KSL.com.

Swenson has no history with mental health illness or medical problems, Christensen said, but authorities fear Swenson was not in the right state of mind when he vanished, which is why they continue to push forward with the investigation.

“It’s led us to still be concerned he may be still going through some mental health crisis or something similar,” Christensen said. “It’s why we’re continuing to push forward as much as we are.”
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/08/mystery-surrounds-case-missing-utah-man/

Do you know if this case has been posted and shared on any exmo sites? I feel like some folks there might have analysis and/or have seen him...

What is exmo? As in ex homosexual?

I had to Google too. According to urban dictionary exmo = ex-Mormon. Given the location, I'd guess this is the meaning the poster intended.

Sent from my SM-G550T1 using Tapatalk

I wonder if the descriptions of acting strange/ out of character etc, are just the interpretations of a loving family who cannot understand why a man with a beautiful wife and new baby would be unhappy and want to leave his marriage. But he wouldn't be the first person to find himself channeled into a life that doesn't suit him, and this especially happens when there is a strong religious influence to get married young and start a family.
Maybe he was feeling trapped and had no "voice" if he tried to talk to his family and friends about it. So he felt his only option was to walk out without saying anything and without looking back.
In this scenario, my interpretation of the chest pains would be that he was having panic attacks. I hope he makes contact with his family soon, and that he has kept himself safe... But abduction doesn't seem to be the answer here, and neither does suicide - his disappearance seems planned and voluntary, and even though there is speculation about drugs etc, there's nothing concrete.

I'm just a tad offended that some wonder that a beautiful wife and baby would lead a man to break down. Does it happen, sure. We DO NOT know why he has had a purported mental breakdown..There are other cases on here of mental breakdowns of men/women, who do not have a seemingly cozy little life.

We do not know if it has anything to do with alcholol.
We do not know if it has anything to do with drugs.
We do not know if it has anything to do with perhaps a new food.
We do not know if it has anything to do with a new prescription medication.
Etc.

ALL JUST MOO/

I'm local, so I've been following this case.

The details are interesting and confusing.

In this Deseret News article, a friend of the family says they heard that he may have been spotted near the Rio Grande district.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...an-was-acting-oddly-before-disappearance.html

The Rio Grande area is downtown and has a long history of homelessness and drug related problems (which have unfortunately gotten way worse lately).

That, in combination with the alcohol found in his car, makes me wonder if he he could be using drugs or alcohol.

I don't think that's incompatible with the theory that he is having a mental health crisis. Certain mental illness can drive people to use drugs when in a delusional, manic or psychotic state, even if they wouldn't use drugs otherwise. Of course, drug use can also trigger certain mental health conditions.

The good4utah link posted above makes it sound like the police think there have been credible sightings of him. If he is in the state of mind they suggest, It would be great if someone could spot him downtown and call the police to get him some help.

If he was in the Rio Grande area, though, he would be right by the intermodal hub, which means he could have hopped on frontrunner or trax (the commuter and light rail lines) and went elsewhere, including out of town.

Exmo is short for ex-mormon. Mormons really have their own lingo, especially in that area.

There is a wonderful site, well several, for recovering mormons.

Exmo is short for ex-mormon. Mormons really have their own lingo, especially in that area.

There is a wonderful site, well several, for recovering mormons.

Would love some links...my husband is exmo we had no idea those sites even existed?!

They are having a meeting live on the find paul page. It just seems so strange to me. Jmo. I'm sorry if this isnt allowed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Would love some links...my husband is exmo we had no idea those sites even existed?!

They're mostly people sharing their stories and getting advice on resigning legally to ensure an ex-mo's civil rights... I'm sorry to get off topic

Exmormon.org

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back