NY NY - Angela Lindsey, 22, Hell's Kitchen, NYC, 23 July 2017

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Police were looking for a 22-year-old woman who went missing after being dropped off at a Hell’s Kitchen laundromat.

Angela Lindsey was wearing a black and white shirt with sweatpants when was last seen by her aunt on July 23 at about 8:40 a.m., according to police.
She is described as 5-foot-7 inches tall and weighing about 140 pounds.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/01/police-searching-for-woman-who-went-missing-from-laundromat/amp/
fa92b6a9e6de03b30f0cd34ba4053b9d.jpg

It looks like her. She may be a serial runaway. Unless of course those in Seattle didn't know she was in NYC which is probably the case. You should forward the link to the authorities in Seattle. Great find!

Ok, can anyone explain what/where is hell's kitchen? I got Manhattan. Is it a township or a county? So confused. Thx.

Ok, can anyone explain what/where is hell's kitchen? I got Manhattan. Is it a township or a county? So confused. Thx.

It's an area in Manhattan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...x89c25850a4606051:0x1976b26060ef9a02?hl=en-us

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton, is a neighborhood on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is traditionally considered to be bordered by 34th Street to the south, 59th Street to the north, Eighth Avenue to the east, and the Hudson River to the west. The area provides transport, medical, and warehouse-infrastructure support to Midtown's business district.

Several explanations exist for the original name. An early use of the phrase appears in a comment Davy Crockett made about another notorious Irish slum in Manhattan, Five Points. According to the Irish Cultural Society of the Garden City Area:

When, in 1835, Davy Crockett said, "In my part of the country, when you meet an Irishman, you find a first-rate gentleman; but these are worse than savages; they are too mean to swab hell's kitchen." He was referring to the Five Points.[4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an area in Manhattan: https://www.google.com/maps/place/H...x89c25850a4606051:0x1976b26060ef9a02?hl=en-us

Hell's Kitchen, also known as Clinton, is a neighborhood on the West Side of Midtown Manhattan in New York City. It is traditionally considered to be bordered by 34th Street to the south, 59th Street to the north, Eighth Avenue to the east, and the Hudson River to the west. The area provides transport, medical, and warehouse-infrastructure support to Midtown's business district.

Several explanations exist for the original name. An early use of the phrase appears in a comment Davy Crockett made about another notorious Irish slum in Manhattan, Five Points. According to the Irish Cultural Society of the Garden City Area:

When, in 1835, Davy Crockett said, "In my part of the country, when you meet an Irishman, you find a first-rate gentleman; but these are worse than savages; they are too mean to swab hell's kitchen." He was referring to the Five Points.[4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You so much! :)

[bbm]

she's 22 ...

It looks like her. She may be a serial runaway. Unless of course those in Seattle didn't know she was in NYC which is probably the case. You should forward the link to the authorities in Seattle. Great find!

I Live in NYC, "The name Hell's Kitchen was perhaps taken from that of a gang that formed in the area in 1868, or adopted by local police in the 1870s." It was considered a place "hotter than hot." It was also the home of the WESTIES, the Irish Mob in New York.

Today the neighborhood, is nice. It is not like it was back in the day of the Westies. In other words, there are busy streets and I do not think she would have been abducted there in broad daylight going to a laundry mat . There is no place in Manhattan that is unsafe during the day.

For future reference, Manhattan is split up into neighborhoods with names, it will tell you what area of the city it is in. i.e. Little Italy, Kips Bay, Turtle Bay, Hell's Kitchen, Alphabet city, Harlem, Washington heights, Soho, Greenwich Village, Diamond district, garment district, China Town, etc. etc.

The same goes for all the boroughs of NYC, Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island and the Bronx, all have neighborhood names.

Is it me or does this Angela Lindsey living in Manhattan that grew up in Washington look just like our missing person.

Is it me or does this Angela Lindsey living in Manhattan that grew up in Washington look just like our missing person.

I saw that but I am not very good at placing faces.

Edited to add- Manhattan was were she was reported missing. So, you are probably right

Last edited:
All three totally look like the same person to me, to be honest. Especially if she no longer appears as missing in Namus and NYS Police. Is she still listed as missing in Seattle?

And if it is the same person, then she must be alive because I doubt Corcoran would still feature the profile of a former employee.

Attachments

• CDA9BC80-EB4C-492F-9370-EAC42B69DB0C.jpeg
    CDA9BC80-EB4C-492F-9370-EAC42B69DB0C.jpeg
    88.2 KB · Views: 7
All three totally look like the same person to me, to be honest. Especially if she no longer appears as missing in Namus and NYS Police. Is she still listed as missing in Seattle?

And if it is the same person, then she must be alive because I doubt Corcoran would still feature the profile of a former employee.
Oh with all the photos together it really looks like the same person just older. She even still parts her hair the same way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back