Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #7 *J. Hunter guilty*

I did a compilation of Jhessye supporters and Jerice supporters.
Click on it more than once to enlarge it.

071715.reaction-from-family.jpg

I find it "odd" that the Jerice supporters are in such denial that they believe the LE, CPS and media reporters conspired to hide Jhessye.

As this chapter of Justice for our Princess Jhessye draws to a close, I am so thankful for the sentence that was handed down. To know that JH will never be free again is a relief that can't even be described.

May Jhessye's siblings be surrounded by unconditional love, so that they will grow up to fulfill their full potential. They deserve the best possible in all facets of life.

The continued denials are mind boggling but not surprising. I have no sympathy for those who continue to support JH.

I can only hope and pray that someday, we will find the answers that lead us to what really happened. Jhessye deserves a proper goodbye. Until that happens, she will not have true and complete justice IMO.

Thank you to all who have travelled this road here together on her seven threads thus far - especially to Geevee, for your tweets and AmandaReckonwith for keeping the CC archived updates, you are warriors. :loveyou: both!

:grouphug:

:rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case Jhessye's siblings ever google Jhessye and find this thread, I'd like you to know that there is a bunch of strangers who never met Jhessye or any of you but who cared deeply about all that happened. Everyone here is so sorry that Jhessye could not grow up to be whatever she was destined to be. I'm sure it would have been something splendid, she was such an awesome child. The thought of her as a victim in a closet is unbearable, and it must be much more so for you who knew her and loved her. But I hope you can remember her as she was on a good day, dancing or laughing or hugging someone she loved and who loved her. Hold on to those memories, she was never just a victim.

In the sentencing hearing the defense attorney said that you children all love your mother. Maybe you do. But don't feel guilty that she is in prison for the rest of her life now. None of it is your fault. It was choices that she made. Jhessye didn't have to die in a closet, but she did, and that's why Jerice is going to die as an inmate. Don't blame yourselves. None of it is your fault.

It was said that your mother loves you and worked hard to unite the family. And maybe she does, and she did, but her love failed you. Her kind of love hurts, and kills. You are all safer loving each other while she is in prison and can't hurt anyone else.

At least physically. I know what happened to Jhessye and what happened to all of you earlier will continue to hurt you and haunt you for a long time. It has robbed a big chunk of your childhood and I'm truly sorry for that. I don't know where you are now but I hope it's a place where you are loved and kept safe and you can talk to people you trust. I pray you can get professional help if and when you need it. I hope you know that you deserve to be loved, and what Jerice taught you about family isn't the whole truth. Please don't think that you deserve to be abused because it's not true at all. That's what abusers want you to think but it's a lie.

At the sentencing hearing, the defense also said that Jerice was the victim of her own upbringing and her parenting was violent because that was the only thing that she knew. Please know that she said this only because it was her job to say whatever she thought could help Jerice. It is not a law of nature that abused children must become abusive parents. Many abused children are able to break the cycle of abuse and they decide to become all the better parents precisely because they were abused themselves, because they don't want to do the same mistakes their parents did.

Wherever you are, and whatever you do, I hope you know there are people who care, and nothing that happened was your fault. Jerice did a number of very bad decisions, but you deserve to be loved and to give love. These events stole a lot of the joy of your childhood but it doesn't define who you are. I hope you have Jhessye as a little butterfly angel looking over your shoulder, and a lot of magnificent people loving you and taking care of you because that's what you deserve. Your mother can't be there to take care of you now, but tender loving care is what you deserve. You are worth it. Don't ever forget it.

With love from a stranger who doesn't know any of you but who will always remember Jhessye with butterflies in her hair.

Thanks button didn't come close to covering it Donjeta, thank you for those heartfelt words. I don't know that any one of us could have said it nearly as well.

Donjeta, you've outdone yourself with your post to Jhessye's siblings. :heartluv:

A million thank yous to you, for saying everything in my/our hearts.

:loveyou:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter's prison photo looks just like what she is-a defeated washed up killer. Sometimes I have wondered. ..why Jhessye? But at the same time I know that had she gotten away with killing Jhessye the other children would have been next. It would have been another Detroit freezer Mom situation. Hunter's rage couldn't even be satiated by Jhessye' s death. Look how she lunged at the reporter that dared to question her story! We're all better off with her in prison. And think about this-Jhessye outlived jerice. Jhessye died that Autumn but Jerice was dead long before. She's a rotting, breathing corpse. Good riddance.

[video=youtube;vrqHMp3kqaw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrqHMp3kqaw[/video]

Now that Earthly justice has been dispensed and Jerice will never ever have the opportunity to harm another child, I wanted to bring this video forward as we celebrate the end of a long long road to get here.

Fly high Butterfly Princess. Always in our hearts.

Bumping for Jhessye today. Still in our thoughts.

Always in our hearts princess.

Four years today. Four years ago you became our baby and remain so today.

Yes, she was and always will be a little princess.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

On anniversary of 1 missing child, search for another continues

Tuesday marks five years since the woman accused in Jhessye Shockley's death reported her missing from their Glendale apartment.

The search began Oct. 11, 2011 and her body has not been found.

Officers conducted an extensive canvass of Jhessye's neighborhood and spent 96 days combing a Phoenix-area landfill that failed to yield the remains or anything associated with the little girl.

Glendale Police Department found evidence to name Jhessye's mother, Jerice Hunter, as the suspect.

Hunter was convicted in April 2015 of killing her daughter and sentenced several months later to life in prison without parole.

Read more: http://www.azfamily.com/story/33367...-1-missing-child-search-for-another-continues

Realize this thread is old and not current but a few questions if anybody familiar reads this. I clicked through the name on this thread because a person had mentioned it in another thread about a body that was never found.

Are the following correct?

1) The general impression from news accounts is that the woman spent 4 years in prison for 'child abuse'. The implication is that she beat her children.

2) The reality doesn't seem to be spelled out anywhere, but it seems to be that the father of the missing girl sexually abused another child and this woman was involved in some way, probably by not reporting the crime, and that was what she went to prison for? This isn't clear but it seems to be what the evidence is.

3) The mother herself actually has no history of abusing her children beyond spanking.
a) A child of hers gave details of Jhessye being held in a closet but also gave a significant indication that account might have been questionable. The child threatened some member of the prosecution with derailing the prosecution by admitting it was a lie, according to a comment by the defense lawyer as I understand it.
b) There is some indication the investigators put pressure on the children to produce a certain narrative e.g. http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/glendale/2015/04/03/daughter-lashes-hunter-trial/70872444/
c) The police did put pretty ridiculous psychological pressure on the mother, ostensibly to gather evidence but perhaps more likely to make her appear unstable, i.e., to 'stress her out' etc. For example following her around and "Hunter's attorney said that surveillance includes putting GPS tracking devices on people's cars who are helping Hunter get around". That would not serve to gather evidence in this case, it seems more like simply putting pressure on her so that guilty or innocent she would act in such a way that would make her easier to prosecute.
d) The teachers in the school said they never saw any evidence of abuse. Teachers are strongly encouraged to notice signs of abuse so this is fairly significant.
e) There are many references to 'one' incident that child protective services was involved with regarding the child. All of the news articles portray this fact as significant... but researching ... it appears there are several problems with this accusation being used to discredit the mother /
1) The accusation is not actually of 'abuse', but of something from a more minor category, possibly that the mother was 'homeless' though not sure
2) That complaint, in fact every complaint that appears anywhere, appears to originate with a relative who had custody of the child while the mother was in prison. Some of the complaints sound unlikely, such as the child appearing to have had all her teeth punched out, if I recall. Could the mother punch out all her kids teeth and not have raised any red flags for child abuse in the past aside from having a husband or boyfriend who was severely twisted?

4) The 'strongest' evidence in the case actually seems pretty empty. One article claims to explain how the police suddenly 'knew' she was guilty, and it involved a person they had previously interviewed coming back several weeks after the child had disappeared and claiming that a few weeks before the child disappeared the mother had asked for a ride to put a large suitcase, perhaps containing a body, in a dumpster somewhere. The police then spent hundreds of thousands of dollars poking through that dump and did not find a body. They said they did find some things though including, astonishingly, a bag of clothes that were purple, and they said this was important because the child's favorite color was purple?

5) The polygraph information is ambiguous. She said she asked to take a polygraph at the start, later on when they asked her to take a polygraph she responded that she was willing to do that but wanted her lawyer present? The police claim she refused a polygraph.

This is an old case obviously, not of interest perhaps to too many people, but it does have some interesting elements. At the very least, the conflict between the former guardian of the child and the mother raises the possibility of an eventual finding of the child alive. Did the former guardian, who obviously wanted custody of the child, do some machination to take the child? Based on the evidence that seems at least as likely as the accepted course of events.

add
I'm not trying to defend anybody or disagree with anybody, just trying to find out if the items I listed above are accurate.

Saw this
"Hunter had a history of child abuse in Vallejo, California, where she lived prior to moving to Arizona. In October 2005, Hunter was charged with five felonies: four counts of corporal injury to a child and one count of torture. She allegedly whipped her three- and seven-year-old children with an extension cord and a belt. She also punched her fourteen-year-old son during an argument, and he said she frequently beat him with sticks."

which is more in line with what she was accused of. It seems strange that a person would go to prison only for beating a child, bad as that is. A lot of people beat their children, including severely, and it seems like there might have been more.

At any rate, police said they analyzed the dump and determined where the body would be. They spent around $400,000 and used 200 searchers. They should have continued until they could definitively say either "we have the body" or "the body is not there". Saying "we spent $400,000 looking and used the latest scientific equipment and did not find it" should leave people with some hesitation.

Saw this
"Hunter had a history of child abuse in Vallejo, California, where she lived prior to moving to Arizona. In October 2005, Hunter was charged with five felonies: four counts of corporal injury to a child and one count of torture. She allegedly whipped her three- and seven-year-old children with an extension cord and a belt. She also punched her fourteen-year-old son during an argument, and he said she frequently beat him with sticks."

which is more in line with what she was accused of. It seems strange that a person would go to prison only for beating a child, bad as that is. A lot of people beat their children, including severely, and it seems like there might have been more.

At any rate, police said they analyzed the dump and determined where the body would be. They spent around $400,000 and used 200 searchers. They should have continued until they could definitively say either "we have the body" or "the body is not there". Saying "we spent $400,000 looking and used the latest scientific equipment and did not find it" should leave people with some hesitation.

You may want to read the threads in this case. What this woman did to this baby was sickening. And her older daughter testified against her.

Saw this

I followed the case and the trial. This woman was not falsely accused. There are a lot of witnesses and some strong forensics that came out during the trial. She sits right where she belongs, in my opinion. :jail:

Thanks very much for the two responses, I'll research this some more and leave with a few final points.

1) As far as "She sits right where she belongs", in legal terms, if she is guilty, than that would be technically correct. But a person should ask what the purpose of following such a case is. Is it to satisfy some legal abstraction, or to reduce the future incidence of this kind of act? It's easy to say things like 'the death penalty or life in prison reduces recidivism to zero', but smarter to analyze things broadly and ask if you are teaching people to be patient with children, for example, when you hold a woman of perhaps limited capacity to a higher standard than a person of higher capacity would be held to and eliminate any motive or opportunity for her to correct herself. The lesson of institutional law should not be "power decides everything".

2) With regard to her specific guilt, I'll research it more. If she did beat her children previously to the point that she was sent to prison then it would tend to weigh towards the possibility of her being guilty obviously. So far I see the strongest pieces of evidence as
a) The person who told the police she took her to drop a suitcase in the dump... but 1) That person did not produce that story until they had already been interviewed by police a few times, and not until weeks after the child disappeared and 2) that person spoke limited English but it seems significant that their account of the suitcase was not consistent and 3) the police calculated, from that person's statement, where the body should have been in the dump. They didn't randomly go through the whole dump, they figured out where that specific truck would have dropped the specific material from the specific dumpster on a specific day. Then they checked that area. In fact they spent ~$400,000 and several months checking all around that part of the dump, and they did not find the body. I take that to mean, honestly, the body was not there, therefore the testimony of that witness should not have been taken into consideration as it probably was not true. Is there a person who would like to argue that the testimony suggesting she brought the child's body to the dump indicated guilt?
and
b) The testimony of the child. At first I discounted the child's testimony because I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that it would have been the oldest child and therefore a victim of what I had assumed the mother had been in jail for previously i.e., something associated with an act by her ex boyfriend or husband. In certain circumstances, such as police interviewing people with certain histories, there is a higher likelihood of getting inaccurate information.
c) There is a small group of people who wanted custody of the child. The simple fact that they wanted custody of the child puts them in the 'right' camp, i.e., they wanted the best for the child. But a person should examine things. All or most complaints seemed to originate from those 3 or so people and a person should read carefully such statements as https://www.facebook.com/blackandmissing/posts/10150386640287413 and there seem to be a lot of oddities if you carefully read http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/KPHO NEWS/Jerice Hunter.pdf

-

At any rate, hopefully the child was taken by other relatives.

Thanks very much for the two responses, I'll research this some more and leave with a few final points.

1) As far as "She sits right where she belongs", in legal terms, if she is guilty, than that would be technically correct. But a person should ask what the purpose of following such a case is. Is it to satisfy some legal abstraction, or to reduce the future incidence of this kind of act? It's easy to say things like 'the death penalty or life in prison reduces recidivism to zero', but smarter to analyze things broadly and ask if you are teaching people to be patient with children, for example, when you hold a woman of perhaps limited capacity to a higher standard than a person of higher capacity would be held to and eliminate any motive or opportunity for her to correct herself. The lesson of institutional law should not be "power decides everything".

2) With regard to her specific guilt, I'll research it more. If she did beat her children previously to the point that she was sent to prison then it would tend to weigh towards the possibility of her being guilty obviously. So far I see the strongest pieces of evidence as
a) The person who told the police she took her to drop a suitcase in the dump... but 1) That person did not produce that story until they had already been interviewed by police a few times, and not until weeks after the child disappeared and 2) that person spoke limited English but it seems significant that their account of the suitcase was not consistent and 3) the police calculated, from that person's statement, where the body should have been in the dump. They didn't randomly go through the whole dump, they figured out where that specific truck would have dropped the specific material from the specific dumpster on a specific day. Then they checked that area. In fact they spent ~$400,000 and several months checking all around that part of the dump, and they did not find the body. I take that to mean, honestly, the body was not there, therefore the testimony of that witness should not have been taken into consideration as it probably was not true. Is there a person who would like to argue that the testimony suggesting she brought the child's body to the dump indicated guilt?
and
b) The testimony of the child. At first I discounted the child's testimony because I assumed, possibly incorrectly, that it would have been the oldest child and therefore a victim of what I had assumed the mother had been in jail for previously i.e., something associated with an act by her ex boyfriend or husband. In certain circumstances, such as police interviewing people with certain histories, there is a higher likelihood of getting inaccurate information.
c) There is a small group of people who wanted custody of the child. The simple fact that they wanted custody of the child puts them in the 'right' camp, i.e., they wanted the best for the child. But a person should examine things. All or most complaints seemed to originate from those 3 or so people and a person should read carefully such statements as https://www.facebook.com/blackandmissing/posts/10150386640287413 and there seem to be a lot of oddities if you carefully read http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/KPHO NEWS/Jerice Hunter.pdf

-

At any rate, hopefully the child was taken by other relatives.

Let me address a couple of points about this case that you could find if you had followed it from day 1 like many of us here did.

Yes, she was put in jail and lost custody of her children previously for abuse. During that time, our beautiful butterfly Jhessye lived a wonderful, magical, and loving life with her foster parents (who are related to her). Upon being released from jail, this "woman" (I will not call her a mother) took Jhessye from the only home environment that she had been safe in. She was likely taken for the purposes of getting additional welfare money; not out of love or respect. She was treated by this "woman" as property.

There are eye-witness accounts to Jhessye being abused yet again. There is a sibling that places her in the closet for a long period of time until she disappeared. This eye-witness account was corroborated by the evidence police found at the home and in that closet.

The woman that tells the account of taking a suitcase to a dumpster was fully checked out. They would not have spent the time, money, and effort at the dump if the evidence didn't follow the account. The evidence included evidence of decay in the woman's trunk. No, they did not find her body at the dump. That does not mean it was not there. I have watched multiple accounts of bodies sent to the dump where the police know exactly where and when it was dumped and it is still almost impossible to find. This was a small, malnourished little girl in a suitcase. It is very likely that - especially after such a long time - it would be near impossible to find her remains in a suitcase.

These children were brutalized by this monster. She deserves to be in jail because she committed a crime. No, I do not think she is capable of rehabilitation. However, that is strictly MOO. The child that testified against her will need help her entire life because of the treatment she suffered at the hands of this GUILTY person - J. Hunter. Sorry, but that is MOO and one that I hold strongly based on all of the information presented during the long trip from the time Jhessye went missing to the time that J Hunter was found guilty.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back