IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sound like a broken record, but anyway, I attended a family reunion last weekend - keep in mind, the majority of the family lives less than one hour away from Delphi. Since we have family members even closer to Delphi, I brought these murders up. Guess what? They had no idea what I was talking about.
WOW!
Maybe LE can get all the newspapers in the entire state of Indiana to put this case on their front page? Maybe all the evening news channels can air this case again? LE needs the publics help with this case.
Crime Watch Daily and Inside Edition should get back down there.

Does anyone believe this killer has not done this before? Theres no way in hell he hasn't done this before. This killer is thirty something + yrs. old. You dont wake up at that age and start killing kids.
This is what killers do. They head to deserted places and trails looking for victims. Hes done this before. He will do it again.

I sound like a broken record, but anyway, I attended a family reunion last weekend - keep in mind, the majority of the family lives less than one hour away from Delphi. Since we have family members even closer to Delphi, I brought these murders up. Guess what? They had no idea what I was talking about.

That's shocking I can understand how he is living in plain sight and not drawing attention to himself. I wish we could do more to get the sketch out it needs to be put up in bars, gun ranges, golf courses and strip clubs even places where guys go.

WOW!
Maybe LE can get all the newspapers in the entire state of Indiana to put this case on their front page? Maybe all the evening news channels can air this case again? LE needs the publics help with this case.
Crime Watch Daily and Inside Edition should get back down there.

I'm sorry to say this, but my local newspaper has never reported anything other than the first initial news of these murders. The Chicago Tribune has followed this "case" more closely.

Couple points you've brought up here, so I'll do my best to explain my position.

You're saying it's already been said that the perp couldn't see Libby's social media unless he was in her network?

Let me link you to Libby's twitter account

https://twitter.com/libby1227?lang=en

Doesn't look private to me.

You will see that Libby writes that she is 12 years old, (when she sat up the account) with links to a Kik account, Instagram, and Snapchat.

She had 44 followers and was following 54 others.

Keep in mind she was only 12 years old at that time.

It lists only one tweet now, which was from 2014. Odd. Could that account have been scrubbed by LE?

Twitter could been the exact place where she posted her plans.

The Kik account is an anonymous messaging app where anyone can say they're anyone, and no one's the wiser. There's no verification of any registration information entered.

I can't find the link now for her Instagram but it was available. I viewed it and learned much about her from it. Again, could LE have removed it?

I watched the LE press conference video again linked below

[video=youtube;mZcHfgbOcKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZcHfgbOcKo[/video]

One of the questions asked of LE was, and I quote:

"....How long after Liberty posted to social media did the crime happen? Did the murders happen immediately after or was there time for someone to see them on social media, and then meet them on that trail?"

What jumped out at me was the words 'how long after?' I didn't hear, 'did she post?'

Sergeant Dave Burstyn replied that they were keeping all that information close to the vest. However, he did state the following, and again I quote:

"...One of two things happened. It was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely, but it's possible. Or that person knew that they were going to be there. That's possible too."

RBBM

What do you get from those words? WHY did he say 'don't think it's likely?' What information did he have to base that upon? So which possibility is LE leaning toward?

You pointed out that Sergeant Riley's words could have just been generic because they were in response to whether parents should take any special precautions.

Generic? Imo, his words are anything but. I believe he struggles to hold back the words he really wants to say.

I watched another video by a news station on or about the same date (I've linked below) which also contains a clip of Sgt. Riley speaking. I believe he decided to say a bit more of what he had struggled to hold back.

[video=youtube;MjAJmoOyDTg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjAJmoOyDTg[/video]

In this video he states, "We're checking their cell phones, we're checking their social media places. We're looking at every possible option."

I guess it's all in how you look at these things. How much weight you give them. Each of us have to draw our own conclusions.

Mine is firmly this was not a random murder.

These girls were targeted and never had a chance...

^^^^THIS

Need I state more?

We have some really savvy, key members here who have keyed in on some great background stuff on this case, I wish I had the time and the motivation to do what these great members have done.

Thanks, JazzTune.

IMHO. this was not a random deal, and I cringe when folks post that they believe it was one. Feb. 13th, 2017, was the day a certain predator/perp chose to murder, and these two innocent girls ended up as the victims. The certainties and the variables lined up perfectly for our perp, and unfortunately those all came together in terrible tragedies for both families.

If he did find them online, I think it's unlikely he's that far away. There are tons of girls with public instagrams twitters etc. Why would he go all the way to tiny delphi and a weird bridge unless he was already close?

Here's my scenario, and of course it's all IMHO...

The perp targets the bridge/general area around it.

Months beforehand. As in, last year, maybe Summer or Fall-ish. Found it online. Starts doing online recon of it, like we have here at WS, albeit after the murders. We're not murderers, but we are voyeurs into their worlds.

Our perp goes to the site, recons it, thinks about what it's like during certain times of the year, especially after watching YouTube videos, just like we have here at WS, after the fact/murders.

Perp decides that specific day is when to strike.

So then many questions beg to be answered. When did this nonsense start? Online? In jail or prison? Is BG another nonchalant-looking, outwardly "harmless" individual, except maybe when he's on the prowl?

Here's my theory...

Our perp targeted the bridge/area around it, first, and our two victims just happened to end up in his cross hairs, so to speak, which is why I believe he was at the crime scene before he struck.

Did he know those two poor girls were going to be there, that day? Yes I do.

How did he know they were there? He had a pair of binoculars (I call them binocs, as my late father called them), and was 'scanning' the bridge, 'waiting' for them to appear, or some other victim or victims to appear.

JMO

I was thinking about this case last night and had a small epiphany. I have known two incredible women who were murdered the day before, and on Valentine's. Both by estranged husbands. I really believe this is a full of rage divorcee taking his wrath out on women/little girls.

Add bitter divorce to the list, as a suggestion.

Seems like a number of new or infrequent posters of late, so I will be another broken record and repeat all of my thoughts.

* Absolutely a sexual crime
* Not chosen, but convenient victims for the perp, i.e two adult women would not have worked for him, but with two young girls, one fairly tiny, he felt confident he could succeed, maybe by using a weapon to gain compliance
*LE does NOT know who BG (bridge guy/perp) is, or they wouldn't have released the detailed sketch months into the investigation.
*No online contact prior with girls or perp would have likely been identified by now
* RL's is not involved at all in the crimes, other than possibly being the witness who worked with LE on the sketch. His mind is likely clearer now since he has been in jail, with no access to booze and maybe he came up with details of a man he saw on or near his land.

My biggest concern is the witness who dictated the details of the sketch and how accurate it really is to the real life man. It almost seems too detailed, which could prevent people from calling in a possible suspect if he does not look enough like the sketch.

Also I see no reason to connect this case to the unsolved Iowa case unless LE says so. I do not believe that if they were fully aware of a DNA match in the cases, for instance, that they would hold this info back. I have followed cases for decades, and linking cases via DNA or other strong evidence has often been announced via press conferences as soon as the link is made.

That is all I can think of now that sums up my opinions, and of course they are only opinions.

Seems like a number of new or infrequent posters of late, so I will be another broken record and repeat all of my thoughts.

Which has not been revealed nor proven, nor have LE revealed they have DNA evidence.

Not chosen, but convenient victims for the perp, i.e two adult women would not have worked for him, but with two young girls, one fairly tiny, he felt confident he could succeed, maybe by using a weapon to gain compliance
*LE does NOT know who BG (bridge guy/perp) is, or they wouldn't have released the detailed sketch months into the investigation.
*No online contact prior with girls or perp would have likely been identified by now[/quote}

Not true. Very easy to conceal one's ID online.

* RL's is not involved at all in the crimes, other than possibly being the witness who worked with LE on the sketch. His mind is likely clearer now since he has been in jail, with no access to booze and maybe he came up with details of a man he saw on or near his land.

Pure speculation. I feel bad for RL, really. I would imagine functional alcoholics have better memories than the general population...,

My biggest concern is the witness who dictated the details of the sketch and how accurate it really is to the real life man. It almost seems too detailed, which could prevent people from calling in a possible suspect if he does not look enough like the sketch.

Also I see no reason to connect this case to the unsolved Iowa case unless LE says so. I do not believe that if they were fully aware of a DNA match in the cases, for instance, that they would hold this info back. I have followed cases for decades, and linking cases via DNA or other strong evidence has often been announced via press conferences as soon as the link is made.

That is all I can think of now that sums up my opinions, and of course they are only opinions.
Please explain.

Why would there be any DNA in the Iowa case???

Does anyone believe this killer has not done this before? Theres no way in hell he hasn't done this before. This killer is thirty something + yrs. old. You dont wake up at that age and start killing kids.
This is what killers do. They head to deserted places and trails looking for victims. Hes done this before. He will do it again.
He has done something before, murder? I don't know nor sexual assault. We don't have enough information to know that.
It could be numerous things unfortunately such as kidnaping he has done before but this one bungled? It could be SA bungled or murder. I wish we had more facts because otherwise I feel like I'm p*ssing in the wind. I don't like to personally put forth any theory I would have with my own supposition as facts.

We need more from the police and I truly think they can provide it without giving away the hen house.

Which has not been revealed nor proven, nor have LE revealed they have DNA evidence.

Not chosen, but convenient victims for the perp, i.e two adult women would not have worked for him, but with two young girls, one fairly tiny, he felt confident he could succeed, maybe by using a weapon to gain compliance
*No online contact prior with girls or perp would have likely been identified by now

Not true. Very easy to conceal one's ID online.

Pure speculation. I feel bad for RL, really. I would imagine functional alcoholics have better memories than the general population...,

Please explain.

Why would there be any DNA in the Iowa case???

I felt the post you were quoting was truly just an opinion as stated but a well thought out educational guess.

To me I do agree with no online contact while yes plenty conceal id but the evidence would be on the girls end and the FBI would find that.

I don't know enough about the Iowa case, some but, not enough. I agree with the op that it's probably not connected as LE has not stated it is. It could be but I can't see being distracted with that line of thinking for me at this time. Why wouldn't there be DNA?

I felt the post you were quoting was truly just an opinion as stated but a well thought out educational guess.

To me I do agree with no online contact while yes plenty conceal id but the evidence would be on the girls end and the FBI would find that.

I don't know enough about the Iowa case, some but, not enough. I agree with the op that it's probably not connected as LE has not stated it is. It could be but I can't see being distracted with that line of thinking for me at this time. Why wouldn't there be DNA?

JMO...

I agree the original post was a well thought out opinion and not a statement of fact.

I'm indecisive about online contact. The girls social media accounts could have been stalked from a fake account on a burner phone without interaction between either of them with the stalker (meaning BG).

In the Iowa case, Lyric and Elizabeth went missing in July and were found in December. It's highly doubtful usable DNA from the perp was found in their case.

JMO.

He has done something before, murder? I don't know nor sexual assault. We don't have enough information to know that.
It could be numerous things unfortunately such as kidnaping he has done before but this one bungled? It could be SA bungled or murder. I wish we had more facts because otherwise I feel like I'm p*ssing in the wind. I don't like to personally put forth any theory I would have with my own supposition as facts.

We need more from the police and I truly think they can provide it without giving away the hen house.

arson
animal abuse and killing of animals/pets
indecent exposure
arson
stalking
peeping
child *advertiser censored*
date rape
unreported rape
auto theft
breaking and entering for sexual purposes
inappropriate touching
upskirt photography
lingering near schools and playgrounds
harassing phone calls
obscene phone calls
threats with weapons
battery

or none of these...I think he's a family man who is addicted to *advertiser censored*.

MOO MOO MOO

So I thought it was random, but I just rewatched the press conference and I agree with the previous post that the officer very carefully says he doesn't think it's likely that they were randomly stumbled upon. He also very carefully refuses to answer how long after she posts the picture does the crime take place, or anything about electronic contact. Just makes it sound like he's NOT saying something

Wasn't this press conference very early on, though? Pretty much everyone suspected right away that they had met someone from online out at the bridge that day, but since then it doesn't appear they've gotten any leads to indicate that any more than any other theory. So I don't know how much weight should be put on his words at that time.

I certainly believe that could be the case, but if so not in or near Delphi and maybe not even in Indiana. I think it is just as likely he has committed sex related crimes such as peeping tom, sexual assault, etc. and has finally escalated in his deviant behavior to murder.

* Not chosen, but convenient victims for the perp, i.e two adult women would not have worked for him, but with two young girls, one fairly tiny, he felt confident he could succeed, maybe by using a weapon to gain compliance

My thinking is along these same lines. I don't believe LE has any idea of who he might be. LE may have a lengthy list of 'maybes', but nothing solid. Adding to that, I haven't heard of anyone being subjected to a polygraph. Not that LE hasn't done, there just hasn't been anyone in the media saying they had to take one or they knew of someone who had to take one.

I'm guessing LE has contacted the witness who helped create the sketch to ask if KS is who she saw. I wish we knew if LE gained any info/made any connection to the Delphi case in their interview with KS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this case last night and had a small epiphany. I have known two incredible women who were murdered the day before, and on Valentine's. Both by estranged husbands. I really believe this is a full of rage divorcee taking his wrath out on women/little girls.

Add bitter divorce to the list, as a suggestion.

That seems very reasonable to me. Also, if he is not a father himself, maybe he has a partner with kids, ( teen daughter?) whom he resents ?
Speculation, imo.
imo, speculation.

I'm guessing LE has contacted the witness who helped create the sketch to ask if KS is who she saw. I wish we knew if LE gained any info/made any connection to the Delphi case in their interview with KS.

I went to 6 different news agencies to find out about Kevin Sellers being arrested and they all ran the same AP story...almost word for word.The lapdog press around here is ridiculous.With the seemingly inside info that Alexis McAdams has considering the way she described Libby took the video over the shoulder,I'm assuming she doen't have the same inside info in Cass county as she does Carroll county otherwise she would be all over it.Sellers doesn't look like the sketch to me but he does have the same body build.Big at the top and narrow at the hip and legs.Also he has the reddish-brown hair LE said the BG has.Maybe when confronted with the girls,he weighed his options and decided he has a better chance admitting to killing a 50 yr old dude rather than two children.I dunno whats going on and until LE starts talking,I'll do as they instructed and draw my own conclusions.

I went to 6 different news agencies to find out about Kevin Sellers being arrested and they all ran the same AP story...almost word for word.The lapdog press around here is ridiculous.With the seemingly inside info that Alexis McAdams has considering the way she described Libby took the video over the shoulder,I'm assuming she doen't have the same inside info in Cass county as she does Carroll county otherwise she would be all over it.Sellers doesn't look like the sketch to me but he does have the same body build.Big at the top and narrow at the hip and legs.Also he has the reddish-brown hair LE said the BG has.Maybe when confronted with the girls,he weighed his options and decided he has a better chance admitting to killing a 50 yr old dude rather than two children.I dunno whats going on and until LE starts talking,I'll do as they instructed and draw my own conclusions.

Who is Alexis McAdams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members