IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why hasn't 48 hrs, 20/20, or Dateline picked up on this story? Maybe a neighbor, co-worker, or family member will recogonize the killer. Perhaps hes a regular at a gas station or restaurant. National coverage is needed.

I truly think that this was a crime of opportunity. He was out scouting for possible prospects to rape and saw the girls and went for the chance.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I think you are absolutely right. <modsnip>

Also, as a previous poster mentioned
This talk of wrinkled jeans, starched jeans, dry cleaned jeans doesn't make sense. This fellow is not a tidy guy. Lots of men wear jeans multiple (very many) times before washing them because they don't show dirt and they don't hold wrinkles. A pair coming out of the dryer might be, but by the time you wear them a few times the cotton is so loose that the wrinkles have fallen out and the material is resistant to acquiring new wrinkles.

I give all due respect to all the posters that spent a good amount of time on the jeans. But my feeling is that this fellow picked his clothes up off the floor beside his bed and wore the same outfit a number of days. Shamefully I do this myself.

Also, while the sketch does look like lots of people, I agree that the large nose and the wide set eyes are unique, telling features that should garner much of the focus.

As always these are my opinions and are by no means better than anyone else's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These yearbooks are available online through the Delphi library.

And sometimes class reunions have Facebook pages with pictures from reunion etc. I'm in complete agreement of the years leaning more towards 85-90.
I also think Lafayette and Kokomo should be included (really any town with 30/50 miles).
I've gone done some of the rabbit holes and have the circles under my eyes as reward.

Well, same then, they could ask for help in locating John Bridge, i.e
Tensions are high in a case like this. Emotions are high in a case like this. If LE were to come out and say they need help in locating "John Bridge", can you imagine the lynch mob? Much less if someone were to just simply find "John Bridge" themselves and take matters into their own hands. There are very good reasons why LE cannot come out and give names of suspects.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Seems like a number of new or infrequent posters of late, so I will be another broken record and repeat all of my thoughts.

* Absolutely a sexual crime
* Not chosen, but convenient victims for the perp, i.e two adult women would not have worked for him, but with two young girls, one fairly tiny, he felt confident he could succeed, maybe by using a weapon to gain compliance
*LE does NOT know who BG (bridge guy/perp) is, or they wouldn't have released the detailed sketch months into the investigation.
*No online contact prior with girls or perp would have likely been identified by now
* RL's is not involved at all in the crimes, other than possibly being the witness who worked with LE on the sketch. His mind is likely clearer now since he has been in jail, with no access to booze and maybe he came up with details of a man he saw on or near his land.

My biggest concern is the witness who dictated the details of the sketch and how accurate it really is to the real life man. It almost seems too detailed, which could prevent people from calling in a possible suspect if he does not look enough like the sketch.

Also I see no reason to connect this case to the unsolved Iowa case unless LE says so. I do not believe that if they were fully aware of a DNA match in the cases, for instance, that they would hold this info back. I have followed cases for decades, and linking cases via DNA or other strong evidence has often been announced via press conferences as soon as the link is made.

That is all I can think of now that sums up my opinions, and of course they are only opinions.

I agree with this post 100%.

arson
animal abuse and killing of animals/pets
indecent exposure
arson
stalking
peeping
child *advertiser censored*
date rape
unreported rape
auto theft
breaking and entering for sexual purposes
inappropriate touching
upskirt photography
lingering near schools and playgrounds
harassing phone calls
obscene phone calls
threats with weapons
battery

or none of these...I think he's a family man who is addicted to *advertiser censored*.

MOO MOO MOO

I would like to add to this specifically domestic abuse.

I certainly believe that could be the case, but if so not in or near Delphi and maybe not even in Indiana. I think it is just as likely he has committed sex related crimes such as peeping tom, sexual assault, etc. and has finally escalated in his deviant behavior to murder.

This makes me wonder...in similar cases (as much as we can infer, children in an isolated location), has a perp's first murder, one of escalation from assault, ever been 2 victims? Hope this makes sense...let me rephrase...has a murderer ever chosen 2 child victims in a first time murder?

That seems very reasonable to me. Also, if he is not a father himself, maybe he has a partner with kids, ( teen daughter?) whom he resents ?
Speculation, imo.
imo, speculation.

(O/T, I came across someone recently who struck me as a creepy based on some things he said...(this nothing to do with BG btw), but then I saw him later all family man hiking with his teenage daughter, who looked quite happy...I said to myself my hinky meter must be off, but then I remembered how often we see cases here where the male perp has kids of his own...I don't know what the point of this post is except to say I guess nothing is off the table, including kids of his own...even girls...would some of veterans agree with this, that often an abductor has girls of his own?)

Why hasn't 48 hrs, 20/20, or Dateline picked up on this story? Maybe a neighbor, co-worker, or family member will recogonize the killer. Perhaps hes a regular at a gas station or restaurant. National coverage is needed.

We need to keep helpin to spread the word, imo...those of us on social media, etc...I think it could be helpful to continue to contact all media sources such as the ones listed above (crime shows), as well as local and national msm sources...

Jumping off your post Sherlock, but not directed at you.

From the article regarding KS

"The affidavit says investigators established that
Kevin Sellers was the sole beneficiary of David Sellers&#8217; estate."
<
-------that is your motive

That tip referred to Sellers &#8220;having killed his uncle some years before and had gotten away with it.&#8221;

Nothing in either of those quotes points to this person being BG. Sometimes this thread gets stuck in overdrive looking for someone to blame. Everytime someone is arrested, reasons are found to suspect that person or feel he looks just like BG (ex. Mark Redwine).

C'mon people! We're better sleuthers.

MOO always and there is only one BOP who posts only on WS.

I went to 6 different news agencies to find out about Kevin Sellers being arrested and they all ran the same AP story...almost word for word.The lapdog press around here is ridiculous.With the seemingly inside info that Alexis McAdams has considering the way she described Libby took the video over the shoulder,I'm assuming she doen't have the same inside info in Cass county as she does Carroll county otherwise she would be all over it.Sellers doesn't look like the sketch to me but he does have the same body build.Big at the top and narrow at the hip and legs.Also he has the reddish-brown hair LE said the BG has.Maybe when confronted with the girls,he weighed his options and decided he has a better chance admitting to killing a 50 yr old dude rather than two children.I dunno whats going on and until LE starts talking,I'll do as they instructed and draw my own conclusions.

Rsbm

How did he know they were there? He had a pair of binoculars (I call them binocs, as my late father called them), and was 'scanning' the bridge, 'waiting' for them to appear, or some other victim or victims to appear.

JMO

(O/T, So wierd, last night I had a dream there was pair of binoculars sitting on my coffee table...)....anyway, I agree with this, the possibility of binoculars...I can't remember if we posted this or not, but I would guess they are something like this, (specifically because I think he is likely a deer hunter, moo):

http://www.advancedhunter.com/best-binoculars-for-hunting/

Eta: while I still think that's a gun under his jacket (body holster) or pocket, maybe it's binoculars..

IMHO. this was not a random deal, and I cringe when folks post that they believe it was one. Feb. 13th, 2017, was the day a certain predator/perp chose to murder, and these two innocent girls ended up as the victims. The certainties and the variables lined up perfectly for our perp, and unfortunately those all came together in terrible tragedies for both families.

Snipped for focus & BBM

Agree.
This was not a park! They weren't in a populated "park" like area. Look at the videos. I'd like to know just how many people cross that bridge a day. The bridge is NOT a part of the trail. It is private property leading to more private property. There is no reason for a killer to scope out the place and think, hey an isolated rickety bridge on private property that probably few cross would be a good place to find two teens.

And that is why we are on thread #64. Because IMO repeat IMO people are forgetting the facts. The location. The timeline. The absolutely incredible maps that Skib and Nin and everyone else put together. Even Gray Hughes is now making videos to debunk all the crazy unsubstantiated information out there.

(O/T, So wierd, last night I had a dream there was pair of binoculars sitting on my coffee table...)....anyway, I agree with this, the possibility of binoculars...I can't remember if we posted this or not, but I would guess they are something like this, (specifically because I think he is likely a deer hunter, moo):

http://www.advancedhunter.com/best-binoculars-for-hunting/

Eta: while I still think that's a gun under his jacket (body holster) or pocket, maybe it's binoculars..

Jumping off your post (and the one you quoted from Falling Down) with the topic of possible binoculars...

Am I recalling correctly there was a tree stand/deer hunting stand in the woods near the bridge that showed up in some of the pictures taken in February? I believe it had been taken down by someone at some point after the pictures. Or maybe it was seen and reported on by a WS member who traveled to Delphi.

If there was was such a stand and BG used binoculars, it would have given him an excellent vantage point.

JMO.

Bouncing off the discussion about random vs nonrandom...I think some might be thinking the term random refers to "just happened to be in the area and struck..."that is not applicable to my use of the word random as related to this case....I refer to random pertaining to his "victim selection" specifically, but do not think he was randomly in that area. In other words, I think he planned, hunted, preyed, stalked, and is familiar with the area but chose Abby and Libby because they were there, not because he knew them beforehand. So, a random predator, as opposed to nonrandom predator.

Jumping off your post Sherlock, but not directed at you.

From the article regarding KS

"The affidavit says investigators established that
Kevin Sellers was the sole beneficiary of David Sellers&#8217; estate."
<
-------that is your motive

That tip referred to Sellers &#8220;having killed his uncle some years before and had gotten away with it.&#8221;

Nothing in either of those quotes points to this person being BG. Sometimes this thread gets stuck in overdrive looking for someone to blame. Everytime someone is arrested, reasons are found to suspect that person or feel he looks just like BG (ex. Mark Redwine).

C'mon people! We're better sleuthers.

I get it,no probs.My post was more about media coverage than anything.

Bouncing off the discussion about random vs nonrandom...I think some might be thinking the term random refers to "just happened to be in the area and struck..."that is not applicable to my use of the word random as related to this case....I refer to random pertaining to his "victim selection" specifically, but do not think he was randomly in that area. In other words, I think he planned, hunted, preyed, stalked, and is familiar with the area but chose Abby and Libby because they were there, not because he knew them beforehand. So, a random predator, as opposed to nonrandom predator.

Agreed!

I agree with this. I also think that this part of "not random" was how LE was referring to what BG was doing there that day. He came prepared, was familiar with the trails and Libby and Abby were the unknown and unfortunate victims.
I have no doubt that LE knows he was calculating and prepared either because of implements or equipment used or by Cause, Mechanism and Manner of death all together.

ETA: Cause, Mechanism, and Manner of Death - https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-l...tigation/cause-mechanism-and-manner-of-death/

JMO

I agree with this. I also think that this part of "not random" was how LE was referring to what BG was doing there that day. He came prepared, was familiar with the trails and Libby and Abby were the unknown and unfortunate victims.
I have no doubt that LE knows he was calculating and prepared either because or implements or equipment used or by Cause, Mechanism and Manner of death all together.

ETA: Cause, Mechanism, and Manner of Death - https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-l...tigation/cause-mechanism-and-manner-of-death/

JMO

BBM and that is precisely what we don't know and what would give every sleuther that morsel which we could base a sound theory on.

The only part of your quote I wiggle on is that Libby & Abby were unknown/unfortunate victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard