FL FL - Davie, WhtFem 635UFFL, 14-20, white clogs, 'Give a Damn' panties - May'73

I was wondering about namus too. Still not on there?

I think the key when looking for matches is the height of this girl. She was very short at only 4'6".

I think the key when looking for matches is the height of this girl. She was very short at only 4'6".

When you have a height that short, you have to suspect that they erroneously recorded her 5 feet 4 inches height as "54 inches"' instead of 64 inches, and then someone comes along and correctly converts 54 inches back to feet and inches (4 feet 6 inches). That is a common error.

When you have a height that short, you have to suspect that they erroneously recorded her 5 feet 4 inches height as "54 inches"' instead of 64 inches, and then someone comes along and correctly converts 54 inches back to feet and inches (4 feet 6 inches). That is a common error.

Ah, I see. Thank you for pointing that out.

I think that the height is a typo as well and needs to be corrected. Any known rule outs for this girl?

635UFFL.jpg
635UFFL1.jpg

Underwear & Clogs

Unidentified White Female
    • The victim was discovered on May 21, 1973 in Broward County, Florida

Vital Statistics
    • Estimated age: 14-20 years old
    • Approximate Height and Weight: 4'6"; 95 lbs.
    • Clothing: She was wearing "Wrangler" jeans that were cut off just above the ankle, a size 15 denim shirt, a pair of underwear with the words "Give a Damn" embroidered on the front and a pair of white clogs
Case History
The victim was located in a drainage ditch along Nob Hill Road, just South of State Road 84, in unincorporated Broward County near Davie.
The victim chewed pink bubble gum.
Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Broward County Crime Stoppers
954-493-TIPS
866-493-TIPS (Toll Free)

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
BS73-08-2432

Source Information:
Broward County Crime Stoppers
The Doe Network

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 635UFFL

Davie Jane Doe has been unidentified for 47 years today.

The Doe Network: Case File 634UFFL

Another young woman was found killed on the same day in almost the exact same location. Nothing in either of their case files suggests a connection, but I find this extremely strange.
This is verrry strange! This doesn’t seem common to me. Especially 2 victims who have gone this long unidentified. Surely someone looked into a possible connection.

How popular/common were embroidered panties like these back then? The stitching doesn’t particularly look homemade, but I’m not having much luck when searching for something similar that was available for retail purchase. Maybe I’m just not using the proper keywords though. :confused:

How popular/common were embroidered panties like these back then? The stitching doesn’t particularly look homemade, but I’m not having much luck when searching for something similar that was available for retail purchase. Maybe I’m just not using the proper keywords though. :confused:
Stitched undergarments were definitely a thing back then, but the particular phrase seems odd. It seems like most were just "days of the week" type designs.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Rose Ann Hockenson was suggested in another thread as a possible match for this woman. It doesn't seem like a lot is known about her, unfortunately.
Poor Rose Ann!
A family member reportedly saw Rose Ann being forced into a car after school, yet by the report it seems that they were unable or unwilling to provide law enforcement with a decent description of their child.
Could the family truly have no reasonable idea of her height, weight, hair or eye color? Some idea of clothes she wore to school that day? Were they unable to provide her dental records or any other identifying particulars?
Granted, she may not have seen a dentist regularly, but Rose Ann clearly had significant and unique frontal malocclusion. Photos also show her with rather thick glasses that she was likely to be helpless without.
Perhaps it was pervasive disinterest on the part of law enforcement to not persistently seek out and accurately record identifiers for a missing teenager. Perhaps the family was uneducated and did not know how to advocate for themselves, or…..
I will leave it there. All I know is that if I witnessed a family member being abducted, I would darn well make sure that Law enforcement had everything they needed to identify my kin. Dear Rose Ann. You are not forgotten.

Poor Rose Ann!
A family member reportedly saw Rose Ann being forced into a car after school, yet by the report it seems that they were unable or unwilling to provide law enforcement with a decent description of their child.
Could the family truly have no reasonable idea of her height, weight, hair or eye color? Some idea of clothes she wore to school that day? Were they unable to provide her dental records or any other identifying particulars?
Granted, she may not have seen a dentist regularly, but Rose Ann clearly had significant and unique frontal malocclusion. Photos also show her with rather thick glasses that she was likely to be helpless without.
Perhaps it was pervasive disinterest on the part of law enforcement to not persistently seek out and accurately record identifiers for a missing teenager. Perhaps the family was uneducated and did not know how to advocate for themselves, or…..
I will leave it there. All I know is that if I witnessed a family member being abducted, I would darn well make sure that Law enforcement had everything they needed to identify my kin. Dear Rose Ann. You are not forgotten.

I think it was me who did the suggestion. This is really sad, isn't it? Can somebody check for me what happened to Rose's thread. Somehow I'm getting an error.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back