Found Deceased OH - Linda Pagano, 17, Akron, 1 Sept 1974 *confirmed match in 2018*

Her case is still up on Namus.
The CCME has to wait until the ground thaws here. They are expecting to conduct the exhumation in late April. But it is planned on and everybody wants it done officials and family included. The FBI is not considering the dental records a hundred percent match, probably because there are only five teeth in the skull to go off of on the uid.

We should find a change in status once they are conducting DNA test it should say samples submitted tests incomplete or something

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Updating this thread as well as the UID thread,

Exhumation and therefore testing has been postponed until August or September. So a few more months.

Updating this thread as well as the UID thread,

Exhumation and therefore testing has been postponed until August or September. So a few more months.

Do they have high confidence that they'll be able to get nuclear DNA? Or are they just going for mitochondrial DNA?

Do they have high confidence that they'll be able to get nuclear DNA? Or are they just going for mitochondrial DNA?
No word. Hoping DNA can be obtained from the long bones or pelvis, as hoping for pulp in the few teeth available may not work with the extensive dental work. There is an unerupted/ impacted wisdom tooth though, from what I've read those tend to preserve the pulp better. (This is just me thinking).

mtDNA should work fine as there is a female sibling to compare to?

I see the title says "found deceased." Does that mean DNA has confirmed it?

She had a gunshot wound. Wow.

I see the title says "found deceased." Does that mean DNA has confirmed it?
There is a dental match to Strongsville Doe which they are currently in the process of obtaining DNA from. NamUs or FBI or someone isn't considering it a complete match until then. Understandable, as there were only 4 teeth and one impacted iirc, so that's little to go on. Family members have always suspected she was murdered.

Seems pretty likely. I hope they can get some results and as much closure as possible soon.

Linda was one of my close friends and I have searched the web for her or information on her for many, many years. Our friendship began when her family moved to a house on my street. We used to sit in her room and listen to David Bowie songs for hours. Her mom and step-dad ended up divorcing and they moved out of the neighborhood. Linda and I remained friends and I remember she was working as a waitress, had a new mustang (I believe it was rust colored if memory serves me correctly) and had just bought new school clothes. She was very mature and smart, and I never considered for a minute that she just walked away from her family and friends. If this Strongsville Jane Doe turns out to be Linda we will still, unfortunately, always wonder what happened to her and why. And the gunshot wound is even more disturbing. She was a dear friend and I feel so bad for her family not knowing what happened all of these years. Rest in peace dear Linda. I hope you are going to David Bowie concerts in Heaven!

Linda was one of my close friends and I have searched the web for her or information on her for many, many years. Our friendship began when her family moved to a house on my street. We used to sit in her room and listen to David Bowie songs for hours. Her mom and step-dad ended up divorcing and they moved out of the neighborhood. Linda and I remained friends and I remember she was working as a waitress, had a new mustang (I believe it was rust colored if memory serves me correctly) and had just bought new school clothes. She was very mature and smart, and I never considered for a minute that she just walked away from her family and friends. If this Strongsville Jane Doe turns out to be Linda we will still, unfortunately, always wonder what happened to her and why. And the gunshot wound is even more disturbing. She was a dear friend and I feel so bad for her family not knowing what happened all of these years. Rest in peace dear Linda. I hope you are going to David Bowie concerts in Heaven!

Welcome to WS and thank you for sharing your memories of Linda.

Welcome to Websleuths, Dannigirl :welcome:! Thank you for coming here and sharing your memories of Linda with us. We're sorry for your loss.

Akron detectives renew efforts to solve older missing persons cases

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/loc...-efforts-to-solve-older-missing-persons-cases

Linda disappeared in 1974 after an argument with her stepfather. Smith’s NamUs search showed a potential match between Linda and some remains found in a Cleveland Metropark a few months after she went missing. Those remains soon will be exhumed for testing to determine if they belong to Linda.

[h=3]Akron Police: Wrong corpse exhumed in 40-year-old cold case; authorities continue search for missing teen's body[/h]
AKRON, OH (WOIO) - Missing for more than 40 years, the family of an Akron teen told Cleveland 19 News they think they know where Linda Pagano is – they just can’t confirm it yet.
Michael said he never believed his sister ran away but thought he'd never know what happened to her.

Until last March, when he said he was contacted by an Akron police sergeant who gave him new hope.
He said the sergeant, and a web sleuth, put together some of the pieces of the puzzle with assistance from new technology, and determined that the remains of a young woman found in 1975 might belong to Linda.
“She was basically treated like a runaway which is another reason they missed I think when the remains were found,” said Michael.

In 1975, the remains of a young woman were found in Strongsville, they were not claimed, and they were buried in a Potters field in Cleveland.

“They say she wasn't but she was forgotten about,” said Michael.
Remains were exhumed from the Potters Field – but they were the wrong remains.
Hugh Shannon, a spokesperson from the Cuyahoga County Medical Examiner’s office, said due to no graves being marked and old records, they received the wrong plot location and thus exhumed different remains than those that might belong to Linda.

Shannon said that the case connected to the remains that were exhumed will be looked at as well.
http://www.cleveland19.com/story/36576241/wrong-body-exhumed-in-akron-cold-case

These are the latest developments since the Beacon Journal/Ohio.com published a three-part series this month exploring Akron’s oldest missing persons cases.

The series featured the case of Linda Pagano, a 17-year-old Akron girl who disappeared in 1974 after an argument with her stepdad, and the modern-day web sleuths who may have connected her to bones buried in a Cleveland pauper’s grave.

https://www.ohio.com/akron/news/loc...missing-teenage-girl-closer-to-identification

Hello Danni , could the girl photographed by Rodney Alcala known as Helmet Girl be Linda? I hope the Strongsville UID is your friend! Wish you a lot of strength.

<modsnip>

Users are entitled to form their own opinions about whether the portrait resembles Linda Marie Pagano. I find the resemblance compelling, as do many others.<modsnip>

Does anyone know whether Linda's stepfather is still living? That question may have been answered somewhere in the thread; I don't recall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back