OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in shallow grave, Carlisle, 7 May 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This happened in Warren County which is closer to Cincinnati. Happened in Carlisle, OH...a very little community.

Prosecutor on why he didn’t seek death penalty in buried baby case
10:30 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 13, 2017

WARREN COUNTY
Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell admits the case of a Carlisle teen charged with aggravated murder and other felonies for allegedly killing her newborn baby and burning the child’s body has challenges due to the condition of the baby’s remains.
~snip

She is charged with aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter, endangering children, tampering with evidence and abuse of a corpse.
Warren County Coroner Dr. Russell Uptegrove told this news outlet early last week: “We may never be able to tell, in a vacuum through science, how the baby died due to the condition of the remains, unfortunately.”

Fornshell said that was one of the factors he considered when making the decision whether or not to seek the death penalty.
"There was evidence presented to the grand jury that she purposely caused the death of the child.… The grand jury found probable cause that she purposely caused the death of the baby, but that is a far cry proving beyond a reasonable doubt to get the death penalty,” Fornshell said.
~snip

More at link:
http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...alty-buried-baby-case/qRvbrqcK915UGGDjlGc2vK/

attachment.php

https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com...harged-with-burying-her-newborn-infant-alive/

Can't tell from the screen shot or on the link you posted - the writing is quite small for me to read it.... does it have a date for the next hearing?

TIA! Sorry getting up in year here! :D

Been contemplating what evidence was presented to the grand jury that supported BSR murdering her baby rather than her parents. After giving birth, I would think BSR would not have the energy nor wherewithal to murder her baby.

I had my daughter when I was 19 and I had plenty of energy after giving birth.

Carlisle buried baby case: Defense, prosecution to meet today

Brooke Skylar Richardson, 18, is charged with aggravated murder and other felonies for allegedly purposely killing her baby after birth on May 6 or 7, then burning and burying the body in the backyard of her home.

The defense and prosecution are expected to meet today to discuss future court hearings and deadlines and to possibly set a trial date.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/ca...rosecution-meet-today/XGz3O1gX5t4uP53E3EToJO/

RIP, baby girl.

I have a feeling the mother will be charged as well. Kudos to the doctor who contacted LE.

Google Alert - sharing

Trial for Brooke Skylar Richardson, 18-year-old mom charged with murder, to begin Nov. 6
http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...on-due-in-court-for-pre-trial-hearing-tuesday

Richardson was given a $50,000 bond and house arrest, which was criticized as "too lax" by community members and some legal experts.
Retired Hamilton County Judge Norbert Nadel said he thinks Richardson's bond was set too low.
[.....]

Protestors were outside the courthouse Tuesday to argue Richardson's house arrest and bond amount.
On Thursday, Judge Don Oda issued a gag order in the case, barring the defense and prosecution from talking to the media about the case.

Here's another article with the prelim hearing dates:

http://wdtn.com/2017/08/15/trial-date-set-for-teen-accused-of-murdering-her-baby/

During a pre-trial hearing on Tuesday, Judge Oda II set three pre-trial hearings for August 25th, September 27th and October 3rd.
The judge also set a hearing for Thursday, August 17th to hear arguments about a media appeal on his ruling of a gag order in the case.

In articles it was said that the coroner was not able to determine how the baby died (because of the burning and decomposition). I don't understand how it can be determined that it was Brooke who killed her if COD is not even known.

I've just come across this story. How absolutely horrifying. I can't understand why she killed her baby. They are so tiny and precious when they are first born. My heart hurts over this.

I'm really interested to find out exactly what evidence the prosecution has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The actions of those involved makes "zero" sense to anyone with "common sense" Everyone realized she was pregnant yet they continued with their plan. I'm hard pressed to believe Skylar engineered this by herself. My best guess is mom was involved. Now they have a real mess. Skylar will carry this for a long time, if only for the fact she will have criminal record. How could her parents be so stupid. "Save Face"? Come on, get a grip. Now everybody, including the whole nation, is aware of what happened. Skylar is 18 so she can make decisions for herself. She is far from mature, so heaven knows how she will turn out because of this calamity.
Please don't get me wrong as I am not defending her, it's just that her parents obviously did a less than stellar job raising her, plus they probably help generate this mess. WOW!

I agree with everything you have said here shadetree44. Everything I have read (to the last post) has said Skylar is a "good girl" so no contraception. (She wouldn't have sex with her boyfriend) etc. Now Skylar is in such a dreadful situation and the whole nation knows it, her situation is so much worse. She has been under such intense parental pressure all her life to live up to her parents expectations. Now her parents are probably blaming her for this terrible mess. They could never see that this is the result of their blindness, they have been trying to make Skylar into what they want her to be, not nurturing her into what the person she is/was. :(

I agree with everything you have said here shadetree44. Everything I have read (to the last post) has said Skylar is a "good girl" so no contraception. (She wouldn't have sex with her boyfriend) etc. Now Skylar is in such a dreadful situation and the whole nation knows it, her situation is so much worse. She has been under such intense parental pressure all her life to live up to her parents expectations. Now her parents are probably blaming her for this terrible mess. They could never see that this is the result of their blindness, they have been trying to make Skylar into what they want her to be, not nurturing her into what the person she is/was. :(

I know. Having a baby when you are 18 and not married is so much worse than being a murderer. The only solution, to having people not find out (even though, they could all see that she was pregnant) is murdering the evidence that she had sex (shock, horror, that an 18 year old would have sex). Have to hide it.

I know. Having a baby when you are 18 and not married is so much worse than being a murderer. The only solution, to having people not find out (even though, they could all see that she was pregnant) is murdering the evidence that she had sex (shock, horror, that an 18 year old would have sex). Have to hide it.

I was unmarried and a mother at 18. I would never have dreamed of murdering my baby just because people might talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These people were worried about appearances if Skylar had an illegitimate child and gave it up for adoption. I guess they never imagined what their friends and neighbors think of them now. Just stupid and so vain. Shame on them.

Her family could have just sent her away on "vacation" to have the baby and give it up for adoption. Killing, burning and burying the baby in their own backyard is just unbelievable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member