Found Alive AL - Lisa Theris, 25, Troy, 18 July 2017

Living off of berries and mushrooms is tv movie make believe. Even if you knew what was not poisonous there is not enough to be found to sustain an adult for a month. I would think you would end up with parasites drinking muddy water for a month also.

I have to admit (and I hope I'm wrong) but this one seems off to me. I watch a lot of Naked and Afraid and she looks pretty good for that many days in the woods.

more pictures just out. looks like she lost a ton of weight, bug bites all over. report said she was found naked

Living off of berries and mushrooms is tv movie make believe. Even if you knew what was not poisonous there is not enough to be found to sustain an adult for a month. I would think you would end up with parasites drinking muddy water for a month also.

While I’m not sure what to think about this case, surviving that long in the woods doesn’t seem impossible to me. Apparently Gandhi survived fasting completely for 21 days:
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-long-can-a-person-sur/

And I don’t know about the Alabama woods, but in the Northeast US in some areas there are lots of edible berries ripe in late summer, some of them pretty easily recognizable as wild versions of cultivated berries- blueberries & blackberries, for example.

As for parasites, you definitely could get bad things like that from drinking water you find in puddles, streams, etc., but no reason to think that didn’t happen in this case, is there?

My B.S. meter must have been faulty. These pictures tell a horrifying story that cannot be faked. I feel bad for even thinking that i should call b.s. on this one. I am glad she is alive and reunited with her family.
JMO

I feel the same way. I do wonder what happened to her clothes. This poor young lady, the pictures are scary.

Crikey! Yep, that looks like someone who's genuinely been stuck in the woods for a while-especially those feet.

Pretty sure drugs factor in here somewhere..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I live in Ga just over the state line. We are usually in a drought this time of year, but this summer we've had a lot of rain. Mushrooms and berries (blackberries, muscadines, etc.) are more abundant than usual and there are mud puddles everywhere. I have no idea what happened here, but I just want to make it clear that what she is claiming is possible. Also...I lost 34 lbs in just a few months last year and not one single person noticed.

My legs look like this after a day on the farm or mowing my grass. People, I live near this part of the state. There is NOWHERE in Alabama you can be lost in for a month. This is not the Grand Canyon or Yosemite. The area she was "found" coming out of was within walking distance of roads and other humans even if you were barefoot. And if you wanted to get eaten up by bugs and briars, you could easily stage that in an hour. I call foul.
http://www.wsfa.com/story/36144876/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I still wonder what happened to her clothes.

I bet she is covered up with ticks -ick.

Gulp. Eating my hat.

May she get the help and rest her body needs now.

Possibly how/why she lost her clothes.

I have asked at least twice about her clothes missing but so far no answer. Her clothes would have protected part of her body from the elements.

I'm not sure on the mechanism of hypothermia. If you get wet with rain and the temps are in the 80's can you get hypothermia? Quick google search says water temps of 70's. I know hypothermics can get confused and start taking off clothes. Will need to check weather underground for temps in time she was gone. As far as her shoes go, if she was a flip flop wearer I can see them giving out and needing to resort to bare feet. Even with foot rot in sneakers, I'm not sure I would abandon them.

I'm on the fence.

My husband is sensitive to the environment in Houston. Even in long sleeves, working in the yard carrying brush, his arm and sides will look very similar within a 3 hour period. Mosquitoes, fire ants, poison ivy, something else to be determined, he'll break out in hives that look very similar to where the plant has contacted him within a few hours.

The big one for me is the weight loss. Takes about 3500 calories to lose 1 pound. She was losing roughly 2 pounds per day if the news stories are accurate. Based on her height and weight, her BMR should be around 1400-2600 calories depending upon her muscle level. If she picked up giardia or something equivalent by drinking the water, a lot of that could be water weight. Picture of her in hospital could be after fluids which would puff her up a bit. If she's diabetic as I have read not sure how it will all work.

If those weights are accurate, I think she hasn't eaten well for 28 days. Even if she was holed up in a cabin, she wasn't eating and only marginally drinking water.

I find it hard to believe one could wander around in the woods for that long, knowing how the sun moves. I explored all over the Boundry Waters in MN before the days of cell phones. Had a basic paper map, no compass and found my way around pretty efficiently. Granted I didn't have a potential medical condition that would confuse me and I'm also 42 yo (before relying on technology) ((does that make me sound old?)

ETA: all I mean by the old comment is I knew how to get around without technology. It wasn't efficient, but I knew my survival counted on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back