Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

Born killer could have shot his way out, screamed along desert highways, his sons as hostages, culminating in the murder of his sons and possibly a half baked self inflicted injury and two or three injured coppers. What would he get ... 12, 15 years, out on parole after eight or nine?

Some 'born killer', lol

Trooper, if he'd been a born killer, if he'd wanted her dead, no better place and opportunity than right there on the farm. She was hands-on in all of it to judge from photos. The bike thing we see her on could have flipped at any time. She could have drowned in the dams. She could have fallen from a horse or cliff or roof or windmill. Dozens of ways to arrange a convincing tragic accident and head injuries resulting in sympathy for him, ability to keep the boys and the farm

He was a hopeless liar to the point he was begging to be found out. A half wit could have come up with lots better than a tale about a wife walking away from her children and spouse at 8.30 at night on the outskirts of a small town, minus passport, purse, phone. Doesn't pass muster. Nor does his claim that he drove away and left her like that

Despite having ample opportunity to kill her in a well staged and convincing accident on the farm, he instead drives with her and his children to Adelaide hundreds of kilometres away. They go to the museum and are captured on cctv looking like any normal family

It will take a lot to persuade me that he was a born killer. He was a hopelessly inept killer imo. Hopeless liar. And I think he only bothered lying at all for the sake of his mother

I don't see how it could have been premeditated because there was no planning apparent and his lies were see through

But we'll just have to see what emerges

It doesn't require competence to be a born killer, merely the capacity to kill. He had this, plus the capacity to play out his narrative for days. Killing himself was the ultimate act of a born killer. Premeditation doesn't require more than a few seconds... minutes can be an era in the meaning of premeditation.

I think the manner of her death , if it can be ascertained now, would have and still might show the degree of premeditation he invested, loading a gun, using a bow and arrow, perhaps, strangling takes long long minutes.... all the stuff your born killers, determined , can do.

Born killer could have shot his way out, screamed along desert highways, his sons as hostages, culminating in the murder of his sons and possibly a half baked self inflicted injury and two or three injured coppers. What would he get ... 12, 15 years, out on parole after eight or nine?

Some 'born killer', lol

doesn't require a plethora of bodies , noise or chaos to be a born killer. Merely the intention , the determination, the action and the narrative to fit the criteria, Laser.... he had all these elements.

I don't know why he didn't kill his sons. I suspect, but I don't know, that he thought he might just get away with it, if his story held.

She was young, an experienced traveller and adventurer, he was setting her up to be seen to have cash on hand, he lucked out with the passport stuff, ( sometimes the most obvious thing is forgotten ) .. he could make her out to be flighty, dissatisfied, moody, a whole lot of things to bulk out and bulk up the story....

He could have bought his sons up believing their mother ran away.. bloke in Victoria did that, killed his wife, buried her in the back garden , told the kids Mum had run away with a truckie.. got away with it for 23 years...

Or ... could have been a back-handed slap during an argument which sent her reeling into the fireplace edge or corner of a table. When he bent to wake her from what he believed to be unconsciousness, she could have been dead. Happens every day in the news .. people hit in the head with no real intention to cause permanent damage, but unfortunately it kills them

I think he was a dead man walking from the minute she died. A man already eager for his own death. And he didn't mess around. He killed himself conclusively, no hesitation. Didn't concoct anything close to a half convincing alibi, lie or excuse. Didn't fight for his liberty. Didn't blame his wife. Didn't scratch himself or claim she'd flown at him in a rage. Didn't invent a lover for her. Didn't try to save himself. Didn't want to live without her and didn't for more than a couple of days

Or ... could have been a back-handed slap during an argument which sent her reeling into the fireplace edge or corner of a table. When he bent to wake her from what he believed to be unconsciousness, she could have been dead. Happens every day in the news .. people hit in the head with no real intention to cause permanent damage, but unfortunately it kills them

I think he was a dead man walking from the minute she died. A man already eager for his own death. And he didn't mess around. He killed himself conclusively, no hesitation. Didn't concoct anything close to a half convincing alibi, lie or excuse. Didn't fight for his liberty. Didn't blame his wife. Didn't scratch himself or claim she'd flown at him in a rage. Didn't invent a lover for her. Didn't try to save himself. Didn't want to live without her and didn't for more than a couple of days

well... .he did hesitate.. for about 9 days, all up before he killed himself.

...he did concoct a cackhanded story of her getting in a huff and leaving the car at Roseworthy, with the added gratuitous fib that she took all the money.

No , he didn't invent a lover, but who is to say that may have come somewhere down the track ?

Did save himself until someone reported her missing....

no one knows if he didn't want to live without her......... he may not have wanted to live in prison, he may not have been able to face the horror of a trial. .... any number of reasons, all logical why at that point, 9 days after her death that he didn't find living very appealing.......

It is intriguing... if that is the word ... maybe not.. it is maybe significant that he kills himself in the home, while his mother is in the home as well. Her last son, brother of older son who killed himself.. ( why? the Coroners Findings don't go back far enough, assuming that death took place in South Australia ) this son decides to kill himself with his mother and sons present.,,

That has to have some significance in this terrible crime. ..

Does Michael own any earthmoving equipment? Including farm tractor with bucket, post hole borer, end loader. Mini Excavator. Easiest way to dispose of dead animals on a farm. Excluding the post hole burial, the other means always leaves a bare lump for six moths or more, no matter how much you try and and tamp it down. Not hard to do a six foot hole with machinery. Next thought..... supposing Michael was responsible, where has he placed her? A special place? Or a place reserved for one who needed to be taught a lesson. Another thought, why is Tanja being referred to with her maiden name? Not Mrs B? Some personality profiling would be useful here.

Does Michael own any earthmoving equipment? Including farm tractor with bucket, post hole borer, end loader. Mini Excavator. Easiest way to dispose of dead animals on a farm. Excluding the post hole burial, the other means always leaves a bare lump for six moths or more, no matter how much you try and and tamp it down. Not hard to do a six foot hole with machinery. Next thought..... supposing Michael was responsible, where has he placed her? A special place? Or a place reserved for one who needed to be taught a lesson. Another thought, why is Tanja being referred to with her maiden name? Not Mrs B? Some personality profiling would be useful here.

I'm sure with operating a property of 410 square kilometres they would have had all the machinery plus more that you've mentioned LB.

I truly don't understand why personality profiling would be needed in the instance of a person retaining their maiden name after marriage. IMO, I don't don't see what that has to do with this woman allegedly being murdered.

He might not have inherited the property if his mother is alive. He might have worked the property because that's all he knew. There appears several houses on the property so his mother could have lived there as well.

(Google maps Oulnina park road Yunta)

It looks like an isolated desolate area. It never rains. It's not my choice for a happy life.

Personality profiling in relation to how where and by what means a body might be made to disappear. This is in response to Symbah's post.

He might not have inherited the property if his mother is alive. He might have worked the property because that's all he knew. There appears several houses on the property so his mother could have lived there as well.

(Google maps Oulnina park road Yunta)

It looks like an isolated desolate area. It never rains. It's not my choice for a happy life.

Mum lives down on the Eyre Peninsular, Port Lincoln , somewhere around there , quite a long way from the property, even by Australian standards, about 600 klms..... the Dad died on the property in another cottage, didn't say the Mum was there though...

And maybe he was working the place for his Mum, but I think that these large properties are left to the sons with the mother perhaps deriving an income , shares...

I figure that he got Mum to come up to the place which would have taken her a day, at the very least, going full pelt , gives him plenty of time to bury the body, but he would have had to either leave the babies at home alone or taken them with him and the equipment, to do the burial , which narrows things down a bit from an area the size of Rio De Janero to maybe searchable over many weeks....

I'm seeing RED with PMT being mentioned. Really????

It's pretty shocking.
Poor murderers that have to put up with that, huh?
It's a miracle all women aren't murdered, am I right?
I didn't relate to the scenario expressed at all and don't know any women like this even though they are being portrayed as "all women".
I don't think this is helpful to imagine all women as beotches a week out of every month and in several other ways therefor driving the poor men to kill, especially on a supposedly victim friendly crime forum.

I'm in awe of you Trooper, but I think you're going a bit hard at him

Most of us are women. We've been in our early 20s. We've struggled at times, raising children and really getting to know our spouse. We've had mother in law problems We've been treated as if we're at fault. We've been restless and dissatisfied at times, sometimes often. We've tended at times to regard our spouse as all-knowing, all-providing, all-forgiving and understanding. We've behaved like prima-donnas at times. We've believed absolutely that we were right, totally in the right. We've made demand and we've threatened. If we stick around with our spouse long enough and are honest enough, we look back and realise we weren't right as we thought we were

We've had friends write and invite us to visit them out of state, overseas, often a long distance from home. They might have said how much they miss us, how much they want to see our children. And they've told us we deserve a break. We might have told them we couldn't afford it. They might have offered to pay. Maybe we accepted, maybe not. We wanted a break away. We wanted to be our old selves, the girls/women we were before marriage and motherhood. We might have wanted to joke around with our friends like the old days. It gets us to thinking of the life we used to enjoy before marriage and motherhood. So there we might have been, getting on with our lives, and suddenly now -- after persuasion from friends or family -- we're dissatisfied. Yes, we think, marriage and motherhood and pinching pennies and putting husband and children first has aged us, changed us, made us less of the funny, carefree girl/woman we used to be. We might grumble about it to ourselves and to others. We might start finding fault with married life and spouse. All work and no play and look at me now ... a dull girl. Never get my hair done, don't have money for new clothes, everything for the house and babies and spouse and nothing left for poor old me. And after PMT has passed, we might have thought to ourselves that we'd behaved insanely for a week. We swear it won't happen again, but it does. And our spouse and kids put up with us.

It's a short step to silent resentment. Then to arguments. We never do anything. We never go anywhere. We can't afford to go away. All the money goes on equipment, on renovations (or whatever). I'm sick of this. I want to go somewhere new where the days aren't so hard. You're no fun. All you do is work. What's it all about anyway. Why are we denying and pushing ourselves like this. You say it's for the kids, but the kids won't want to be here .. they'll want to get away .. they'll leave us and we'll be too old to move or do anything by then. Or maybe it's, ' You'd already had your fun before we met, but I've had nothing .. straight from being a schoolgirl to working all hours of day and night and two little kids. I missed out the fun years, I'm stuck here. I want to have some fun. I feel 80 years old. Alright for you, you chose this place. But I've had enough. I want to see the ocean and green fields and bustling towns, the theatre. I want to go back to school. I want to be more than just this. You captured me. I feel as if I'm in a prison and you won't listen, you won't agree that things should change. Everything has to be your way. Well no more. I'm leaving and you won't stop me. And I'm taking the kids. I want them to have more than this too. I've tried talking to you but you don't listen, so that's it. I'm going

Who knows what poor Burden had gone through in his life. Parents strict disciplinarians? Too much work and responsibility too young? Feelings of obligation to his parents to make up for his brother's death? Too high expectations of himself, pushing himself, suppressing his own needs and wants? Did he suffer undiagnosed PTSD? Mother still there to be considered. Friction between mother in law and his wife with him in the middle trying to keep the peace? Gentle man, they've said locally. Never raised his hand or his voice. Always there if someone needed help. Trying to compensate for his brothers absence? 'I won't let anyone down .. I'll be here, doing what needs doing so don't worry, I'm here ' ?

In cases like this, the victim is always portrayed as perfect and the perp is unmitigated evil. But we're human. No one is perfect just as few are truly evil. It's not a tv show with characters painted black or white

They'd been all that way to Adelaide and back in one day. The youngest boy could well have been teething. Long way to go with two little kids. Couldn't afford to stay overnight, hence that long stressful trip? We don't know what sort of financial pressures they were under but that trip alone would bring out the worst in even the happiest couple. And where did they go ... a museum. Lovely innocent couple and their babies. They went to the museum. Not a night club, not a week at the beach although they would both most likely have loved that. So maybe he'd listened to her need to see and do more and they'd gone for a day out -- viewed some 'culture'. No comparison to Germany of course, but maybe he hoped it would make her a little bit happier?

The thing that breaks my heart is the image of him burying her on his own. I won't be surprised to learn he put precious momentoes with her. I don't think it was a planned murder. I believe he was desperate and glad to die and did so as soon as there was someone there (investigators) to take responsibility for his mother and sons

Holy victim blaming, Batman
He is the murderer, she is the victim, and this is a victim-friendly site. Supposedly.

I'm busy trying to keep my mouth shut [emoji40]

It's pretty shocking.
Poor murderers that have to put up with that, huh?
It's a miracle all women aren't murdered, am I right?
I didn't relate to the scenario expressed at all and don't know any women like this even though they are being portrayed as "all women".
I don't think this is helpful to imagine all women as beotches a week out of every month and in several other ways therefor driving the poor men to kill, especially on a supposedly victim friendly crime forum.

Holy victim blaming, Batman
He is the murderer, she is the victim, and this is a victim-friendly site. Supposedly.

I'm absolutely gobsmacked too! No wonder murder suicides are on the rise, women can't be trusted and once she's locked in, death is her only escape!!

It's shocking to read a victim being reduced to a blithering idiot and her murder being romanticized just because the culprit killed himself? oh for Pete's sake!

Tanja's life was stolen from her, her son's deprived of their loving mother by a selfish man who couldn't put his life together, yet he expected a young woman to.

I found those CCTV pics from the museum very peculiar.... she appears to be cuddling a ( I think ) daschund puppy.....in the museum?.... could that be right????

( I am now answering myself!! :crazy:)
What happened to that pup?..... it's hard to believe that she gets this puppy in Adelaide, no doubt that will come out at the inquest, as it is , to me , a significant sign that she was not going anywhere for some years, you don't take on a $700 puppy and then leave home. Hard to see her getting out of the car 250 klms from home with a new puppy and nothing else and stumbling away.

To me, that dashy says 'I'm in , naturally, for the long haul'.....

( I am now answering myself!! :crazy:)
What happened to that pup?..... it's hard to believe that she gets this puppy in Adelaide, no doubt that will come out at the inquest, as it is , to me , a significant sign that she was not going anywhere for some years, you don't take on a $700 puppy and then leave home. Hard to see her getting out of the car 250 klms from home with a new puppy and nothing else and stumbling away.

To me, that dashy says 'I'm in , naturally, for the long haul'.....

Hey Troop. Honestly, I can't see a puppy. I think she's just twirling her fingers through her hair! I don't believe a museum would allow any animals in either, unless it was a seeing eye dog. I may be wrong, but I'm just not seeing it.

Just a sad situation overall - poor babies :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It sure looks like a pup but not sure what type.

I'd be surprised if a poopy would be allowed into a museum.

Attachments

• IMG_1785.jpg
    IMG_1785.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 85
AFTER suspending the grim search for Tanja Ebert, Major Crime detectives returned to the property where they believe the young mother may be buried on Saturday morning but no evidence was recovered.

Investigators arrived at Oulnina Park just before 9.30am this morning and were done by 10.30am.

The 410sq km sheep station is now being cared for by a man close to Michael Burdon, 41, and Ms Ebert, 23, who police believe has been murdered.

The search of Oulnina Park has been suspended indefinitely as detectives review evidence already gathered and conduct further interviews to find fresh leads.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ab0abec8c32f51cfbe0886fda1e623eb

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back