IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good points Ember. If we stifle speculation and theory there will be little to discuss. And we don't want to discourage posters who may subsequently know or bring up points no one else has mentioned.

I have felt from the beginning this was about power and control. I won't be surprised if they were not sexually assaulted, because I don't think it was a sexually motivated crime.

Respectfully snipped by me. I do agree it had to do with power and control, but I do believe they were sexually assaulted. JMO

There is no indication of any motive ATM or any facts regarding it. Hence nothing can be ruled out. Tips contributed to 20 arrests some of which were meth labs in people's houses. Now why would tips on persons involved in meth production be called in relating to these murders? That is what we do not know.

Exactly!
Alot of what ifs.

What if BG was dealing drugs..... maybe to someone that was out there that day....a witness that then says they dont know the guy when they actually do.... sooo many what ifs...

JMO

I didn't say meth. I said heroin. I apologize for offering my thoughts and can see that they are not welcome here.

:Welcome1: adayharsh by the way.

Please know that no apology is necessary for offering your thoughts here. People may simply disagree and then can scroll and roll if necessary - that is the norm. Discussion is necessary and can be frustrating when a point is not taken but no harm no foul.
Again welcome and thank you for joining the discussion.

Please continue - that's what we do. :)

its my opinion ppl know this guy but are afraid to say.

I know we have discussed meth and meth labs a dozen or more times. However, rural Indiana is in the midst of a heroin crisis. I feel that maybe the girls stumbled across a drug deal of some kind. Or maybe BG was stood up for one and he was enraged.

MOO

Respectfully, I am from a nearby county, and I was surprised to learn the extent of the crisis in my area. Less than an hour away, and just as rural. Though they don't have major crime in Delphi, I'm certain that drug use is just as widespread.

Belated welcome Aday.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. The fact that you are close to Delphi makes your opinions that much more relevant IMO.

Have you all seen this? I was trying to go through the thread to see if it had been posted...

http://www.crimeonline.com/2017/08/18/detectives-find-delphi-killers-dna-arrest-could-be-close/

It's been sensationalized since February and this "new evidence" started with Fox59 which never impresses me BTW. But the original story from Aug 14 here Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Doesn't exactly say that IMO.
The actual statement reads:

BBM
"Police tell us they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads and served dozens of search warrants to find clues that the killer may have left behind, including DNA."

"to find" "May have left" including DNA. Well naturally. But it says to find and may have left.

To me that's not specific enough for these other outlets to borrow the story and make the DNA a certainty..

Previously the sheriff clarified this ongoing story of DNA here ;
Sheriff clarifies reports of DNA evidence

JMO

Very good point!! Also- Is this couple male & female? Just random walkers? Seen by whom, RL? COULD IT BE BG & 1 of the girls? Could it be 2 male perps?
did snowbirds have a house sitter, maybe even family or friend to them they just can't accept could be BG so they aren't talking? IDK!!!

I was wondering the same thing!

The statement was made to warn parents in the area that there is a killer on the loose. It seems pretty straight forward to me.
Well why didn't he say that then instead of saying "know what your kids are up to" . The families did know what these girls were doing and didn't do anything wrong AFAICS. Lift there and back arranged but they encounter a maniac in the short time they were there. And no one knows anything either before or after with witnesses seemingly worried about their safety. These are the facts of the case so what do these few facts indicate?

I wonder if the media released this story about the DNA and LE getting "close" to an arrest to keep the story in the media or because LE had stated that they are actually close.

I just want justice for those poor girls and their families. It really can't come soon enough!!

<modsnip>
Okay, I will attempt to recreate my thoughts.

Regarding the creek crossing scenario. Do we know if LE checked for foot/boot prints? Is the creek bed rocky? Sandy? A mix of everything? Would they have retrieved any random trash in the creek? Would divers have been utilized so as not to disturb anything on the creek bottom?

Has anyone in LE stated for a fact, that the creek was crossed?

It would sure help in chasing other scenarios if we had a definite answer. Or, is this data too critical, 6 months in, with no perp (monster) identified? No POI, No suspect(s)?

I truly understand building a case. Holding critical information close to the vest. It does prevent the other sickos from false confessions. However, I would respectfully ask LE to give us an idea on what we are dealing with here. Let us help, if we even can, instead of continually spinning our wheels on what MIGHT have transpired.

I know we all want this monster off of all of our streets!

I wonder though, how he knew that there wouldn't be an irate home-owner with a gun, patrolling his own land. Or if the killer just got lucky.

I do think, though, that it's almost certain he chose that spot to find a victim, because of it's remote nature.

Could this mean that he was actually very familiar with Delphi. Maybe he lived there. Maybe he'd even done some work on the properties adjacent to that end of the park--knew the habits of some of the land owners. Could he be hiding in plain site?

He really does seem to have performed some form of reconnaissance prior to these murders. Or he got hella lucky.

Quote snipped for focus. BBM

I think this is an interesting path to go down - someone mentioned the 'Snow Birds' - property owners near the park that were out of town at the time of the crime, and I hadn't thought of that before.

I definitely wonder if BG knew they'd be out of town - whether because he knew them personally and knew their plans, he watched the comings and goings (or lack thereof) of the owners, he'd worked on the house (yard work, handy work, maybe even house-sitting for them) or some other way.

<mod snip> I will attempt to recreate my thoughts.

Regarding the creek crossing scenario. Do we know if LE checked for foot/boot prints? Is the creek bed rocky? Sandy? A mix of everything? Would they have retrieved any random trash in the creek? Would divers have been utilized so as not to disturb anything on the creek bottom?

Has anyone in LE stated for a fact, that the creek was crossed?

It would sure help in chasing other scenarios if we had a definite answer. Or, is this data too critical, 6 months in, with no perp (monster) identified? No POI, No suspect(s)?

I truly understand building a case. Holding critical information close to the vest. It does prevent the other sickos from false confessions. However, I would respectfully ask LE to give us an idea on what we are dealing with here. Let us help, if we even can, instead of continually spinning our wheels on what MIGHT have transpired.

I know we all want this monster off of all of our streets!

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]RBBM[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]JMO...[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]No, it has not been stated by LE whether or not the creek had been crossed. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Regarding the footprints, IIRC, it was discussed in at least one earlier thread that searchers followed footprints to find the girls. It did not state where the footprints were located, nor whether they belonged to a teenager or an adult, nor if there was more than one set. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]And I agree we need a little more info. I wish we could have some questions answered. [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]JMO.[/FONT][/FONT]

It's been sensationalized since February and this "new evidence" started with Fox59 which never impresses me BTW. But the original story from Aug 14 here Lead detective in Delphi murders confirms police have more audio from phone, DNA evidence

Doesn't exactly say that IMO.
The actual statement reads:

BBM
"Police tell us they have conducted hundreds of interviews, followed up on thousands of leads and served dozens of search warrants to find clues that the killer may have left behind, including DNA."

"to find" "May have left" including DNA. Well naturally. But it says to find and may have left.

To me that's not specific enough for these other outlets to borrow the story and make the DNA a certainty..

Previously the sheriff clarified this ongoing story of DNA here ;
Sheriff clarifies reports of DNA evidence

JMO

JMO...

I understand your point. However I feel the wording might be LE not wanting to tip their hand.

I find it incredibly hard, almost impossible, to believe that BG left no touch DNA, (or no clothing fibers, no pet hair, no NOTHING) in the process of abducting and murdering two innocent young girls. SA aside. If he so much as touched one of their arms, contact DNA could be present.

Why would they be asking people they're interviewing for DNA swabs if there is nothing to compare it to? Or would they be trying to make BG think they have DNA when they really don't?

JMO.

JMO...

I understand your point. However I feel the wording might be LE not wanting to tip their hand.

I find it incredibly hard, almost impossible, to believe that BG left no touch DNA, (or no clothing fibers, no pet hair, no NOTHING) in the process of abducting and murdering two innocent young girls. SA aside. If he so much as touched one of their arms, contact DNA could be present.

Why would they be asking people they're interviewing for DNA swabs if there is nothing to compare it to? Or would they be trying to make BG think they have DNA when they really don't?

JMO.
I could see them trying to make him think they DON'T have DNA,and then maybe he get's careless.I don't see the advantage to the opposite.

I could see them trying to make him think they DON'T have DNA,and then maybe he get's careless.I don't see the advantage to the opposite.

I could see LE in an interrogation scenario trying to make a suspect believe that they had DNA when they didn't...to scare them into adding inconsistencies to their story or even to outright confessing.

On the flip side, could the possibility of DNA keep the monster(s) at bay? Afraid to leave more of a trail? Or perhaps they don't care, and will strike again when this evil fills their hearts? That's the nightmare to my thinking. JMHO as always.

Jmo but whether or not DNA was found from a perp, I would imagine BG would be careful anyway. If he was lucky enough not to leave any, he would want that luck to hold. If he did leave DNA and knows he probably did...he will have to be even more cautious going forward. Either way, I would guess he has been long gone from Delphi and perhaps never lived ther anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blondeboricua