Australia Australia - Tanja Ebert, 23, Roseworthy, SA, 8 Aug 2017

AFTER suspending the grim search for Tanja Ebert, Major Crime detectives returned to the property where they believe the young mother may be buried on Saturday morning but no evidence was recovered.

Investigators arrived at Oulnina Park just before 9.30am this morning and were done by 10.30am.

The 410sq km sheep station is now being cared for by a man close to Michael Burdon, 41, and Ms Ebert, 23, who police believe has been murdered.

The search of Oulnina Park has been suspended indefinitely as detectives review evidence already gathered and conduct further interviews to find fresh leads.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/ab0abec8c32f51cfbe0886fda1e623eb

I don't think that they will find her for a long time, if ever. He would know every nook and cranny of that vast property and he had time to take her far away from the house.

It sure looks like a pup but not sure what type.

I'd be surprised if a poopy would be allowed into a museum.

If it was a small puppy, you could put it under your jacket or cardigan in this case. Or in the stroller with the baby.

I think it's just her playing with her hair.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I think it's just her playing with her hair.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

I am not sure if it is a puppy or not, but that is how people hold little wriggly puppies when they are very small.

I don't think that they will find her for a long time, if ever. He would know every nook and cranny of that vast property and he had time to take her far away from the house.

It isn't improbable that he spoke of her 'getting out of the car' at Roseworthy, but left out the bit where he drags her from the car and throttles her somewhere near Roseworthy, under extreme stress bits of truth come out inadvertently...

Bradley Murdoch knows that they can look till Kingdom come , and he was as familiar with his route when he intercepted Joanne Lees and Peter Falconio as Burdon is with that desert road... he's been travelling up and back all his damn life on it, in all seasons.. .

Burdon could have just told the coppers where she was.. it was all over for him anyways, he knew that, which is why he hid the loaded rifle, he was exiting life no matter what.... but like Murdoch, the power is everything.. you want the body?.. you look for it till the moon turns blue.

It isn't improbable that he spoke of her 'getting out of the car' at Roseworthy, but left out the bit where he drags her from the car and throttles her somewhere near Roseworthy, under extreme stress bits of truth come out inadvertently...

Bradley Murdoch knows that they can look till Kingdom come , and he was as familiar with his route when he intercepted Joanne Lees and Peter Falconio as Burdon is with that desert road... he's been travelling up and back all his damn life on it, in all seasons.. .

Burdon could have just told the coppers where she was.. it was all over for him anyways, he knew that, which is why he hid the loaded rifle, he was exiting life no matter what.... but like Murdoch, the power is everything.. you want the body?.. you look for it till the moon turns blue.

We probably will never know where the violence happened, but the fact that the police immediately called murder, makes me think that there was some evidence of violence, either in the car or at the house. They don't normally call a missing woman case murder so quickly.

We probably will never know where the violence happened, but the fact that the police immediately called murder, makes me think that there was some evidence of violence, either in the car or at the house. They don't normally call a missing woman case murder so quickly.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-19/tanja-ebert-search-scaled-back/8823242

from this news excerpt, the police seem to be discounting entirely the story regarding Roseworthy, and are calling for people to check their dash cam for that day.. a sensible move..... there is no reason to accept that he was telling the truth about the stop at Roseworthy, her 'agitation' , the money, none of it.

Now the last verified independent view of her is back in Adelaide at the museum... ( with or without the dachshund puppy, whichever you prefer!! .... I still reckon I see legs and a tail, not long hair, but hey!.. ... )

It is very strange that they were supposedly a happy couple and then out of the blue he murders her. Even if she wanted to leave, she would not have been allowed to take the children out of the country, to Germany, cutting off all his contact with them.
I have to think that there was some domestic violence before this incident, even if it was hidden.

It is very strange that they were supposedly a happy couple and then out of the blue he murders her. Even if she wanted to leave, she would not have been allowed to take the children out of the country, to Germany, cutting off all his contact with them.
I have to think that there was some domestic violence before this incident, even if it was hidden.

Living in such isolation, could add to DV quite possibly going on unnoticed - 37's to the nearest neighbour and 10k's from the front gate to the family home.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chael-Burdon-Tanja-Ebert-family-revealed.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-19/tanja-ebert-search-scaled-back/8823242

from this news excerpt, the police seem to be discounting entirely the story regarding Roseworthy, and are calling for people to check their dash cam for that day.. a sensible move..... there is no reason to accept that he was telling the truth about the stop at Roseworthy, her 'agitation' , the money, none of it.

Now the last verified independent view of her is back in Adelaide at the museum... ( with or without the dachshund puppy, whichever you prefer!! .... I still reckon I see legs and a tail, not long hair, but hey!.. ... )

Wonder if police have cctv of Tanja at the Servo stop?

August 8, 7pm: Police say the family stopped at a BP service station on Main North Rd, Roseworthy, where Mr Burdon bought drinks for his family.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/3fc21057f47b92b70e55902f2fedc2fb

Wonder if police have cctv of Tanja at the Servo stop?

August 8, 7pm: Police say the family stopped at a BP service station on Main North Rd, Roseworthy, where Mr Burdon bought drinks for his family.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...h/news-story/3fc21057f47b92b70e55902f2fedc2fb

I bet that little vignette of sweet family life has turned out to be a complete fabrication on the part of Mr Burdon. .... Mr Burdon 's narrative of your average family guy on a road trip with the trouble and strife and the fiddle de dids.. sure.........

There was an archery competition at Sheperds Hill recreational Park on 5th August & I wonder if they made a weekend away for something like this. If so, he might have had the bow & arrows in the car. He could have killed Tanja in anger SOMEWHERE, anywhere in the bush on the way home. She could have ran away from him into a paddock & he shot her from a distance. He was competing in this sort of thing. Kiddies tired from a big day asleep in the car would be none the wiser.

http://www.archerysa.org.au/News/Events/archive/8-2017

I've heard that if you have a shooter's licence you can carry the weapon as long as it's semi-dismantled and the ammo is in a locable safe. I've also heard the locked glovebox can be an acceptable loophole. (I'll keep searching for the link)
Maybe, just maybe he was legally able to carry the gun with him.

( I am now answering myself!! :crazy:)
What happened to that pup?..... it's hard to believe that she gets this puppy in Adelaide, no doubt that will come out at the inquest, as it is , to me , a significant sign that she was not going anywhere for some years, you don't take on a $700 puppy and then leave home. Hard to see her getting out of the car 250 klms from home with a new puppy and nothing else and stumbling away.

To me, that dashy says 'I'm in , naturally, for the long haul'.....

If it is a pup, and Tanya planned to leave, the pup could have been purchased to help with kiddies.
She would leave with kids and pup, perhaps thinking it may make things easier for kids, as Daddy wouldn't be around so often. Sure, more work for her, but better for her 'treasures', which would come first.
So pup maybe not for 'long haul' at property.

[h=1]Detectives hunt dashcam footage for clues into suspected murder of Tanja Ebert[/h]Police hope dashcam footage from passing cars between Adelaide and South Australia's northeast will help them find missing mother and suspected murder victim Tanja Ebert.
Homicide detectives are appealing for any dashcam footage that may help their investigation into the disappearance and suspected murder of Ms Ebert.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...hcam-footage-south-australia-suspected-murder

There was an archery competition at Sheperds Hill recreational Park on 5th August & I wonder if they made a weekend away for something like this. If so, he might have had the bow & arrows in the car. He could have killed Tanja in anger SOMEWHERE, anywhere in the bush on the way home. She could have ran away from him into a paddock & he shot her from a distance. He was competing in this sort of thing. Kiddies tired from a big day asleep in the car would be none the wiser.

http://www.archerysa.org.au/News/Events/archive/8-2017

I've heard that if you have a shooter's licence you can carry the weapon as long as it's semi-dismantled and the ammo is in a locable safe. I've also heard the locked glovebox can be an acceptable loophole. (I'll keep searching for the link)
Maybe, just maybe he was legally able to carry the gun with him.

that archery hobby has haunted me ever since it was mentioned here on websleuths.. I think by you, TGY...... it crossed my mind that one of the reasons he didn't want her body found was because of the manner of death, eg, the bow and arrow, hunted across the spinifex plain in the dusk.....

Then, because he shot himself, it occurred to me that he probably shot her, but that presupposes a terrific premeditation, ie , he packed the gun secretly in the car before the journey commenced.... murder well and truly on his mind.

Whatever method he used, it is mostly certain that she didn't get a chance to fight back, no one has mentioned any damage to him... which makes the swift and silent arrow probable.

Ms Ebert at first adored living on the Burdon family's remote property (pictured) but it is believed she was planning to move to NSW before her disappearance.

Ms Ebert. German citizen, previously worked at the Mannahill Hotel. Hotelier Joanne Highet said Ms Evert moved to town with one bag before meeting Michael.

Ms Highet said Ms Ebert, a German citizen, was a backpacker and 'knew how to live with a few dollars in her pocket.'

'When she came here she had one bag, then she met Michael and moved onto the station where she had everything she wanted.
'They would come to the pub with the kids and she would mingle while he looked after them - I never heard them argue.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...chael-Burdon-Tanja-Ebert-family-revealed.html

If the property was solely his or he owned a good chunk, if she was to divorce then Tanja and the two children would get 3/4 of his share plus him having to move off if there was DV and him to pay maintenance might have been too humiliating to loose the parents' dream dust bowl. What would he say to mummy? Could it be 'I told you so'.
They may have been married only 6 months but they had been living de facto with two children for for a lengthy time.

Dammit Janet, why is property worth more than a life!!

Ms Ebert at first adored living on the Burdon family's remote property (pictured) but it is believed she was planning to move to NSW before her disappearance.

Ms Ebert. German citizen, previously worked at the Mannahill Hotel. Hotelier Joanne Highet said Ms Evert moved to town with one bag before meeting Michael.

Ms Highet said Ms Ebert, a German citizen, was a backpacker and 'knew how to live with a few dollars in her pocket.'

'When she came here she had one bag, then she met Michael and moved onto the station where she had everything she wanted.
'They would come to the pub with the kids and she would mingle while he looked after them - I never heard them argue.

So, with how many pieces of luggage people go usually backpacking?! She went with only one?! Must be because she planned to move in when going to down under?! And for sure backpackers doing work&travel need to watch the money, but this does not say anything about her domestic situation back in Germany and how the family is situated. Owning a lot of land does not mean you have no bank obligation ongoing, everything depends how you run the farm. Sorry, this one made me a bit sarcastic...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back