Identified! OR - Cave Junction, 'Annie Doe' WhtFem UP10929, 16-20, Redwood Hwy, Aug'71 - Annie Lehman

I went to the post on Help ID Me, I can see that they sent her a message, under her main post it says "Page responded privately · April 11 at 5:57pm"

I sent her a message asking if she remembers anything else because I went to a records search site, found a few women named Christine Woods. I sent her the link to the page.

This is Annie's natural hair that doesn't look dyed to me. I saw the strand Carl used to build her hair with

attachment.php

The NCMEC video says Annie's hair was Auburn or brown which is incorrect, auburn is a darker mix of red/brown. Annie was apricot red like Lucy Ball. It really disgusts me when they put the wrong info out. I'm also upset that Annie's NamUs profile does not have Carl's recon any more. KLEE had given him everything to make the recon, I don't understand why it's hidden now, yet they leave the "3-D reapproximation done by Joyce Nagy in 2004" that I can't imagine would even look like her and it shows the wrong hair color. I think when we finally have Annie's name, she's going to look more like Carl's recon with apricot red hair.

I did screen shots of the isotope map

Attachments

• Isotope1.jpg
    Isotope1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 73
  • Isotope2.jpg
    Isotope2.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 71
The NCMEC video says Annie's hair was Auburn or brown which is incorrect, auburn is a darker mix of red/brown. Annie was apricot red like Lucy Ball. It really disgusts me when they put the wrong info out. I'm also upset that Annie's NamUs profile does not have Carl's recon any more. KLEE had given him everything to make the recon, I don't understand why it's hidden now, yet they leave the "3-D reapproximation done by Joyce Nagy in 2004" that I can't imagine would even look like her and it shows the wrong hair color. I think when we finally have Annie's name, she's going to look more like Carl's recon with apricot red hair.

Thank you! I agree with you- I was disheartened to see CarlK's reconstruction taken down from the site. That's the best view of Annie's smile and hair color!
:)
Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't know if the recent articles have been linked, but here is one of them. I've been looking for a similar pink and gray coat for days online. This link has a picture of what they say the coat looks like. I don't think it's the UID's actual coat though?

http://nbc4i.com/2017/04/11/investi...nd-45-years-ago-in-oregon-could-be-from-ohio/

NCMEC is notorious for putting clothing up that did not belong to the UP. They find something that's close but not the actual piece. Carl takes the time to clean origjnal clothes to post. Annies actual coat is on the NamUs profile.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10929

Not that I'm aware of, but I think I may have found her on social media.
Alleykins, if you really think it's her, you should let someone know so it can be looked into further. If Janet left voluntarily and is alive and well, there's a possibility she doesn't know that she is still considered a missing person and has family members looking for her. If I'm not mistaking, awhile ago a relative of hers inquired into the investigation of her disappearance for any updates and was informed there was no record of a report on file for her (presumably it had been purged around the time she would have turned 18, many years previously). She was then re-reported missing. As the internet has come about recently as a useful tool for finding people, she may have looked herself up out of curiosity in the meantime before the re-filing of her missing person's report and found nothing. That may have led her to believe she's no longer listed as missing/that no one is trying to find her anymore and she's decided to leave it at that, which is *not* the case.

Alleykins, if you really think it's her, you should let someone know so it can be looked into further. If Janet left voluntarily and is alive and well, there's a possibility she doesn't know that she is still considered a missing person and has family members looking for her. If I'm not mistaking, awhile ago a relative of hers inquired into the investigation of her disappearance for any updates and was informed there was no record of a report on file for her (presumably it had been purged around the time she would have turned 18, many years previously). She was then re-reported missing. As the internet has come about recently as a useful tool for finding people, she may have looked herself up out of curiosity in the meantime before the re-filing of her missing person's report and found nothing. That may have led her to believe she's no longer listed as missing/that no one is trying to find her anymore and she's decided to leave it at that, which is *not* the case.

I think I did notify investigators, but normally I don't, if I believe if I've found someone alive. Hers was the exception because it appeared she'd recently (like within a month or two of my discovery) reunited with her family, otherwise, I would have just moved along.
Or, I could be wrong that it was her, but based on the resemblance and the location, I believe it is her. What investigators did with the information I sent them is anyone's guess.

I'm probably the rare exception - I don't believe someone automatically meets their demise when they go missing UNLESS there is a preponderance of evidence pointing to foul play at the time of their disappearance, like if they're a child, special needs, a witnessed abduction, or a serial killer confesses to have killed them.

Wow, sometimes fancy isn't always better. I wish they had projected the isotope results onto a map that's easier to interpret.

Thank you! I agree with you- I was disheartened to see CarlK's reconstruction taken down from the site. That's the best view of Annie's smile and hair color!
:)
Moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Truthfully the 2004 3-D version looks more like an avatar. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I'm on my cell; can't get my browser to open on my computer. Got an update from NamUs; another image added; newest has bangs so that's 3 by NCMEC. So upset the horrible recon is there yet Carls is gone. Totally unreal. Annie when identified will probably look like his recon; he used her own hair

https://identifyus.org/cases/10929

Attachments

• 71_940_030.jpg
    71_940_030.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 185
  • UP10929_brownshoes_with_gold_buckeles.jpg
    UP10929_brownshoes_with_gold_buckeles.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 186
Bumping this thread. I am checking into a few things at this time in regards to this case. I am attempting to meet with Dr. Nici Vance soon at the OSME office in Clackamas, Oregon. Hoping to discuss this case with her

I’m not quite sure if the geography has been made clear about this particular case. She was found around milepost 35, which would put her between Cave Junction, Oregon and O’Brien, Oregon. And Highway 199 only runs a little over 40 miles and Oregon before going into California. As I was driving by that area a couple of weeks ago, it occurred to me that she may have had some association in O’Brien as she was coming through. And fact, where she was found is much closer to O’Brien then Cave Junction. I am wondering if she never even made it to O’Brien and she was perhaps killed prior to going through O’Brien and was just dumped on the side of the road.

I may be reading too much into it, but I wonder if investigators checked with the locals in O’Brien to see if they remembered Annie coming through their little town. O’Brien is not a big town at all. But I’m sure someone may have seen something. It seems like a very close knit community.

I also have another question: Has there been any discussion about any being a possible victim of the zodiac killer or Ted Bundy? Considering that The zodiac killer killed women and men in the Bay Area, and Ted Bundy in Washington state with one victim in Oregon; could that make it a possibility she was a potential victim of one of those man?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back