GUILTY Denmark - Kim Wall, 30, Copenhagen, 10 Aug 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41037295

Danish prosecutors plan to charge inventor Peter Madsen with the murder of Swedish journalist Kim Wall, reports say.

[ He ] was initially charged with negligent manslaughter.

Prosecutors are expected to ask for the new charges when Mr Madsen appears in court in early September.

BBM

I sincerely hope that the rest of her remains will be found very soon. I know searches went on yesterday, are they still searching today? EDIT: The search is still going on today!

I can't fathom the nightmare her family and loved ones are going through right now, and I hope they will be able to get some kind of closure.

Sure 15 years of age is young, but maybe he could had been a partner in crime somehow....?

Been thinking about this a bit. IMHO as a fifteen-year old Madsen might have read about what happened to Kazuko Toyonaga in the papers, or heard about it on a radio and tv.

Kazuko Toyonaga's remains were wrapped in plastic, which caused them to float. Madsen clearly wanted to prevent floating and used his knowledge of submarines to achieve this.

Just popping on to see if this new investigation is being discussed here, or if there is a dedicated thread for this case?
http://news.sky.com/story/kim-walls...vestigators-to-reopen-1986-cold-case-11003114
The discovery has now led detectives to review a 1986 case when body parts of a Japanese tourist were found in bags at separate locations in the waters around the city.

The remains of Kazuko Toyonga, 22, turned up almost a month after the student disappeared while travelling through Scandinavia.
The circumstances of her death were never solved.
rbbm

Just popping on to see if this new investigation is being discussed here, or if there is a dedicated thread for this case?
http://news.sky.com/story/kim-walls...vestigators-to-reopen-1986-cold-case-11003114

rbbm

The death of Kazuko Toyonaga has been mentioned in this thread. Since the case is cold, most of the info dates from 1986 and is either in Danish or in Japanese. I found some info in German too. But that is about it. Currently the media don't have any new info.

I guess we'll learn more about Kazuko Toyonaga as the tragedy surrounding Kim Wall unfolds. But if LE decides that there is no link IMHO that will be the end of it.

Copenhagen police press message right now:

Translated via Google translate...:
Following a notification from a civilian citizen, Swedish Police today has secured the northern part of the waters at Falsterbo, which may be a body part.

Search for the water is currently underway. There will be technical studies in Sweden in the field of finding, but it is still too early to say whether the findings can be related to the Danish investigation ifm. Kim Wall.

The Copenhagen Police have pt. No further information.

Possibly. News in the case will be communicated via Twitter.

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/dk/koeben...del-ud-for-falsterbo-i-svensk-farvand-2121319 (Its unfortunately in danish)

Glad to find this thread.
I live in Denmark and actually know this man. I have been following his (former) rocket project, because his then working partner is married to a friend/collegue of mine.
We are all in shock over this, have no words really! Peter Madsen is an oddball for sure, but THIS!

Hi, thanks for your post.
I live in Denmark too, and I happen to peripherally
know Peter Madsen.
I know him through friends (who have talked a lot about him, also prior to all this!)
I write in red to make this post clearer, I will address some of your ponits. :)

Hi all. :)
This is my first post here, though I have been reading this forum for many years (especially about the McStays). Now we have a case in my own country (Denmark) that fortunately is very rare here. I do have an opinion about this that I want to share with you.

I do believe that Kims murder was planned. The reason for that is these 10 arguments (that I ofcourse only got from the news-channel and the news-media):

1: PM (Peter Madsen) has been dreaming of, for years, that he one day would make a huge happening where the police was chasing him for an unknown reason. Thats why his friends and family first thought that this was some kind of joke and that Kim would turn up after a few days or so, smiling and say haha this was just for fun, but now we know that she didnt.
Yes, he did say that - and what a strange wish to have! But he also said that no one should get hurt during that imagined stunt.
He may have changed his mind about that - who knows!

2: He had often talked about that he made things happen if he could. Like "If I can do it then I will do it".

3: He had some events arranged the day after the murder, that he for unknown reasons had cancelled, before he went on the trip with Kim.
I agree, that is very strange.

4: He sank his submarine at the same moment when someone spotted him, which makes me think that he wasnt finished with erasing the clues in the boat. Its like that when someone approached him and said "hey there you are" then he just made the boat go poof. Took only 30 sec and he apparently knew it was possible to do that fast and also needed to do. He had probably been thinking about doing that before he was spottet. It was not an act of panic, I bet.
I don´t think he could have erased the clues from the submarine in any case - and I think he knew that. There must have been a lot of blood down there. No way he could have gotten rid of that.
I think he sank the submarine (open so water could enter and erase clues - he thought, it didn´t work, they still found blood from poor Kim Wall) when he saw the rescue team approaching - there was visual contact at that point.
He made sure to do it when a private boat was close enough to rescue him fast (good, there are physical traces on him and his clothes still, ha!)

5: His first statements was totally lies about leaving her somewhere at the exact time where she had to be home or had to contact her boyfriend, so he had thought about timing. Too much thinking for a man in panic. As the evidence showed up, he did have to change his statements though. There was survaillance-cameraes at the place he said he dropped her off, which he apparently didnt know about, so that ruined his initial statement and probably his whole plan, because it could be proved that she wasnt present on the place, when he said she would be.
If he had planned it in advance, he would probably have made sure to claim he dropped her off at a place where he knew there were no cameras. He knows the area well. His Submarine has been there for years. His rocket hangar is there - he practically lives there, because often he sleeps in the hangar or in the submarine.
Why he didn´t know there were cameras at the restaurant area is a slip - a major one.

6: He did also claim at first that Kim was there to do an interview on him and his submarine, and that it was a magazine called "Wired" that should be the media to publish it. Danish journalists had contacted that magazine and asked if they knew anything about that and their response was that they havent heard about it at all. So why was she there, then?
Someone else answered that. :)

7: He dismembered the body, which in my opinion is a strange act IF he was in panic, because I would have thought that the first panic-ish thought must have been to just throw the body over board, but a policeman told our news-channel that it might be possible for people in a total state of panic to do such things, though its very rare. Its just sick no matter why.
It is very, VERY sick!!!

There are two possibilities why he dismembered her body:
1. He wanted to make it more difficult to find her and identify her.

2. The "entrance" to the submarine is very narrow, only 52 cm (20.5 inches). It would have been extremely difficult for him to drag her whole body thorough the tube (entrance). It must have been difficult even "just" with the torso.
Torso had a chain around it. Could he have used it for two purposes? First to drag the torso through the tube, then to add some weight to it to make it sink and hopefully stay down (it didn´t, thank God!)

8: This is what made me think it was planned. He punctured the body so that the gasses could be let out, so the body didnt float to the suface. Who on earth do think about that in a state of panic? I really do believe that this has been researched before he even went on that trip with her.
Remember that this is a man who on a very hands on level is used to work with the laws of physics.
He has built three submarines and knows all about those principles of air in objects and how it makes them sink or float. Those are the very principles used in submarines.
He would have known this instantly.

9: When he got ashore he was interviewed and he did NOT act like he had just been experiencing something very cruel. Not at all. He just babbled about how sad he was about the submarine and that he had a failure that made it sink. No signs of shock or nervousity or anything that showed his distress.
That is exactly how he behaves when he has done outrageous things - on a lesser scale - in the past. My friends have talked about that.
He is a psychopath - they have this "ability".

10: The police did immidiately arrest him for murder when he came ashore. We still dont know why they already, at that point, thought of that, but something must have told them that there was something wrong.
I think we will learn about that soon.
They must have had something on him very soon after his initial meeting with police.
Probably a combination of things.

This is just my opinion about why I think it was planned from start.
No matter what, then PM is already in deep s... with what he finally admitted, so I think he will go under with his submarine soon, when the police starts to dig even deeper than they already have. They are so far also looking at another dismembered body from 1986 where the body also was punctured to keep it down, so maybe he has been practising for this in his early days. His age differs from media to media. The last I heard from the news channel was that he is 48 which make him 18 back then. So its possible he did that too.
I think he is 46.

I hope we can talk again. :)

RIP Kim. It is incomprehensible that such a thing could have happened. I feel deeply for her loved ones to know such awful things happened to her body. I hope they can find more so she can be laid to rest more completely for their sake.

Maybe he wasn't that geeky, there is an article i a Swedish newspaper about his wild life with partying and strippers, so he might have had some contact with gangsters. Unfortunately the article is behind a pay wall so I haven't read it.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/OMrxl/peter-madsens-vilda-liv/promo

He is a geek - but he also has/had a wild sex life and quite many women. He is married, but in an "open marriage".
I know about him that he would grab his whip, put it on the back of his old bicycle and cycle down to some swinger club, which I used to find hilarious - but not so much now.

He is into the fetish scene in Copenhagen, which made me wonder (and not sure I even like saying this), because Kim Wall, among many other things, wrote about fetishism.

But isn't that awfully quick? Within 6 hours they charge him with killing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It is quick, they must have gotten something on him from the start.

I think a combination of his statement and some physical evidence.

He is a geek - but he also has/had a wild sex life and quite many women. He is married, but in an "open marriage".
I know about him that he would grab his whip, put it on the back of his old bicycle and cycle down to some swinger club, which I used to find hilarious - but not so much now.

He is into the fetish scene in Copenhagen, which made me wonder (and not sure I even like saying this), because Kim Wall, among many other things, wrote about fetishism.

That does not sound like the frustrated type who harbours some secret grudge and has to lure women to his place.

I read an interview in the Aftonbladet and the woman who knows him well, says something similar:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/KwzMy

The 39-year-old Deirdre King has known Peter Madsen for 14 years. She is convinced that Madsen speaks the truth.

"I have worked with him and for some time we also had a relationship. I know him very well," she says to Aftonbladet.

Deirdre King would have gone out with the submarine Nautilus together with Madsen on Friday, the same week when he and Kim Wall were reported missing.

"I immediately understood that something was wrong. There must have been a terrible accident and it has come to a situation where he was afraid and did not know what he would do," she says, continuing.

Deirdre King has been on the submarine Nautilus several times.
"There are several places on the boat where you can fall and hurt yourself badly."

She describes inventor Peter Madsen as a very special person. A man who has lived for his projects, such as the submarine and the rocket he also worked on.

"Sure, he can get annoyed and scream, but he's absolutely no killer. He could not hurt anyone else. I have seen him pressed and angry on several occasions," says Deirdre King.

According to Deirdre King, Peter Madsen is a "flirt" and has always found it easy easy to meet with women. "He would never use force against or violate any woman. I have met several women with whom he was involved, and there has never been anyone who even said something like that."

What Deirdre King can not understand is why Peter Madsen dumped the body into the ocean and lowered the submarine.
"He would not have done that, of course he would have gone back straight and told what had happened. That he has done that this way has damaged his credibility," she says.

Deirdre King tells her that her thoughts now go to both the family and relatives of Kim Wall and to Peter Madsen. "It's a terrible event and I really hope they find her," she says.

BBM

This to me makes me think he had fantasies of violence and murder.

That does not sound like the frustrated type who harbours some secret grudge and has to lure women to his place.

I read an interview in the Aftonbladet and the woman who knows him well, says something similar:

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/KwzMy

The 39-year-old Deirdre King has known Peter Madsen for 14 years. She is convinced that Madsen speaks the truth.

"I have worked with him and for some time we also had a relationship. I know him very well," she says to Aftonbladet.

Deirdre King would have gone out with the submarine Nautilus together with Madsen on Friday, the same week when he and Kim Wall were reported missing.

"I immediately understood that something was wrong. There must have been a terrible accident and it has come to a situation where he was afraid and did not know what he would do," she says, continuing.

Deirdre King has been on the submarine Nautilus several times.
"There are several places on the boat where you can fall and hurt yourself badly."

She describes inventor Peter Madsen as a very special person. A man who has lived for his projects, such as the submarine and the rocket he also worked on.

"Sure, he can get annoyed and scream, but he's absolutely no killer. He could not hurt anyone else. I have seen him pressed and angry on several occasions," says Deirdre King.

According to Deirdre King, Peter Madsen is a "flirt" and has always found it easy easy to meet with women. "He would never use force against or violate any woman. I have met several women with whom he was involved, and there has never been anyone who even said something like that."

What Deirdre King can not understand is why Peter Madsen dumped the body into the ocean and lowered the submarine.
"He would not have done that, of course he would have gone back straight and told what had happened. That he has done that this way has damaged his credibility," she says.

Deirdre King tells her that her thoughts now go to both the family and relatives of Kim Wall and to Peter Madsen. "It's a terrible event and I really hope they find her," she says.

BBM

No way do I think this guy "panicked" because a woman had an accident on his boat, fell or something and somehow died. He dismembered and disposed of her body in an horrific manner. Not in the manner of someone in a panic. Besides, the typical instinct of people who aren't sociopaths is to call for help. Not to engage in a calculated and calm effort to dispose of the body and evidence and to serenely lie about what happened.

I think this guy intended to do something with her from the get-go. Likely some sort of sexual or other assault to satisfy sick desires. Maybe even murder like those creeps who murdered one of the guy's roommates in the culmination of a longed planned sadistic fantasy.

bbm I wonder whether this could be the motive. Maybe Kim had written something in the past about fetishes that made him angry and he confronted her during their interview. An argument ensued and he got violent.

I don't believe anymore that he felt rejected by her as it seems now that he was not a sexually frustrated loner but was able to have many relationships/women in his life.

bbm I wonder whether this could be the motive. Maybe Kim had written something in the past about fetishes that made him angry and he confronted her during their interview. An argument ensued and he got violent.

I don't believe anymore that he felt rejected by her as it seems now that he was not a sexually frustrated loner but was able to have many relationships/women in his life.

As we have seen, the line between some types of fetish and violence/murder is thin.

On the other had, if this man was 'popular" with the ladies and normally got what he wanted, maybe he didn't with Kim, and her rejection of him was so extraordinary to him that he flew into a rage.

Hi, thanks for your post.
I live in Denmark too, and I happen to peripherally
know Peter Madsen.
I know him through friends (who have talked a lot about him, also prior to all this!)
I write in red to make this post clearer, I will address some of your ponits. :)

I think he is 46.

I hope we can talk again. :)

Thank you for your great comments.
Its good to get some different angles on this, because the news only reports on what they think we should know.

I hope they will find the rest of the body soon, and I feel very sad for her family and his family too. It is an extremely cruel and surreal case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member