MA - Worcester Man Kidnapped 7-Year-Old Girl, Threw Her off Bridge, 2017

katydid23

Reaction score
Has this been posted already?

Police: Man Kidnapped 7-Year-Old Girl, Threw Her off Bridge
Police in Massachusetts say a 7-year-old girl was kidnapped from her grandparents' home and thrown from a bridge into a lake but survived.

Police say the girl was taken at around 2:30 a.m. Sunday from the Worcester home by 35-year-old family friend Joshua Hubert.

Investigators say she was put in a car, choked and then thrown into Lake Quinsigamond (kwin-SIG'-uh-mund).

The girl swam to shore in the town of Shrewsbury and was discovered at about 4 a.m.

Hubert is charged with kidnapping. A not-guilty plea was entered at his arraignment on Monday. He was ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing set for Thursday.

Prosecutors say Hubert could face additional charges.

Hubert's lawyer says he maintains his innocence.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Man-kidnapped-7-year-old-girl-threw-her-off-bridge-442022303.html

I am not sure how this guy can 'maintain his innocence' ---given the fact that the 7 yr old survived, in pretty good condition, and knew him as a family friend. So I am assuming she told LE who kidnapped her and threw her in the water.

So 'innocence' is going to be hard to maintain. JMO

Wow.That's one brave and amazing little girl.

Absolutely. It is a miracle that this is not another thread about a murdered child, thrown off a bridge.

What a survivor.

And what a , to throw her off the bridge, knowing she was alive and going to have the worst potential death by him doing so.

He better not get bail. :jail:

more-

WORCESTER, MA — A 7-year-old girl is alive after being taken from a family cookout in Worcester, strangled and tossed off a bridge into Lake Quinsigamond early Sunday morning, said police.

Joshua J. Hubert, 35, of 3 Bernice St., was arrested at the Worcester Police station and initially charged with kidnapping the girl early Sunday morning.

The girl was at that family party at her grandparents’ house on Forestdale Road in Worcester, said police. Around 2:30 a.m., she was taken from that home by a "family friend" without permission, police said in a release. Hubert was reportedly a guest at the party, but took the girl without the parents' permission.

https://patch.com/massachusetts/wor...d-strangled-thrown-bridge-lake-quinsig-police

“The young victim had the strength to make it to shore and get help. I want to thank the resident who answered the door and helped the girl. I also want to acknowledge the Worcester and Shrewsbury police and the State Police Detectives assigned to my office. They did a terrific job working together in investigating this case.”

The poor girl. I have no doubt that her parents are so very pleased they had her taught swimming lessons, that would have been quite some swim to the shore of that river, even surviving the fall from the bridge is something. She was lucky she knocked on the door of some very kind and helpful people. I hope the perp gets a very long sentence. This must surely be an attempted murder charge, as well as kidnap and as many other charges as they can come up with...child endangerment...etc

What is this world coming too? How sad and horrendous for this little girl to be put through so much trauma. There is not an excuse or reason that is acceptable ! Thank heavens she is one of the lucky children whose parents gave her swimming lessons at an early age.

This offender needs to .have the book thrown at him and jail time with no parole.

She survived a kidnapping, a strangulation, (possible additional horrors), a drop from a bridge, and a river submersion from which she swam to safety. This little firecracker is my hero. I wish her physical and mental healing. And all of her loving family to lift her up and cherish her. She survived against unbelievable odds!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Omg!!!!!!!!!! What is wrong with people? Was he mad at the parents for some reason? Like a revenge thing? Or just nutty as a fruitcake?

Good job, baby! I hope you always remember your strength from that day, rather than the torture that was inflicted on you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think that it was an hour and a half. Taken at 2.30am knocked on the house door at 4am. Is that right?

I was going off of this article, hopefully it's correct. An hour and a half leaves way too much time:

https://patch.com/massachusetts/wor...d-strangled-thrown-bridge-lake-quinsig-police

Around 3 a.m. Sunday, the girl was discovered in Shrewsbury. She talked to Shrewsbury police, sparking a collaboration with Worcester officers and detectives as well as the Massachusetts State Police.

I was going off of this article, hopefully it's correct. An hour and a half leaves way too much time:

Around 3 a.m. Sunday, the girl was discovered in Shrewsbury. She talked to Shrewsbury police, sparking a collaboration with Worcester officers and detectives as well as the Massachusetts State Police.

Different reporters. Who knows what is correct? It will all come out in the wash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back