GUILTY - Sidney Moorer, Obstruction of Justice Trial, Heather Elvis case, 28 Aug 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. I'm not doubting there is corruption in that police department, but just how is she claiming it came into play here? Is she claiming the phone records and pings were doctored? They somehow brainwashed SM into saying he was at that pay phone (and hired a lookalike to make the call?)?

I think the corruption (in her mind and the Moorer's minds) is the continual looking for ways to charge them. These people think all of their actions make sense as do their family members except one, the one who testified yesterday..

I think the corruption (in her mind and the Moorer's minds) is the continual looking for ways to charge them. These people think all of their actions make sense as do their family members except one, the one who testified yesterday..

They all have to getting so tired of all of this! I really hope that his testimony really will encourage more to come forward....I don't even care if it means they get immunity or make a deal if they have other charges!

They all have to getting so tired of all of this! I really hope that his testimony really will encourage more to come forward....I don't even care if it means they get immunity or make a deal if they have other charges!
They are in victim mode---as they feel persecuted. When one is in that frame of mind, the rationality or ability to put the pieces of the puzzle together is not present.

I think we are a stones throw from the Tammy side pushing Sidney under the 18 wheeler to save Tammy. If there is any new revelations, I predict they will all go against Sidney, the lying, cheating SOB who took advantage of the marriage while Tammy tried to save the marriage and believed her man.

Did he not? I thought we kept talking about him clearing his throat incessantly.

After watching his interview after court yesterday I'm pretty sure the man may have Tourette syndrome.

They are in victim mode---as they feel persecuted. When one is in that frame of mind, the rationality or ability to put the pieces of the puzzle together is not present.

I think we are a stones throw from the Tammy side pushing Sidney under the 18 wheeler to save Tammy. If there is any new revelations, I predict they will all go against Sidney, the lying, cheating SOB who took advantage of the marriage while Tammy tried to save the marriage and believed her man.

I (and I think a few others) have long thought eventually she would "turn" on him to "protect" herself. I have no idea why one of them hasn't already turned but IMO the tides are turning in that relationship. The smiling strong "front" they had in the beginning is not appearing the same now.

I studied their interactions in court and *IMO* didn't see the same smirky confidence, hand holding and affection overload (to appear united) that we saw in the beginning. They were SO SMUG and arrogant in the beginning stages of this and now I just don't see it. Maybe someone else can chime in their opinion but I think there is trouble in paradise and frankly, it's about dang time. Going off of life experiences, if the man cheated at least once that we know of, there is a crack in the relationship that will eventually crack again or get bigger. The question is which one will go for the jugular first? My money is on TM trying to save herself.

IMO

I (and I think a few others) have long thought eventually she would "turn" on him to "protect" herself. I have no idea why one of them hasn't already turned but IMO the tides are turning in that relationship. The smiling strong "front" they had in the beginning is not appearing the same now.

I studied their interactions in court and *IMO* didn't see the same smirky confidence, hand holding and affection overload (to appear united) that we saw in the beginning. They were SO SMUG and arrogant in the beginning stages of this and now I just don't see it. Maybe someone else can chime in their opinion but I think there is trouble in paradise and frankly, it's about dang time. Going off of life experiences, if the man cheated at least once that we know of, there is a crack in the relationship that will eventually crack again or get bigger. The question is which one will go for the jugular first? My money is on TM trying to save herself.

IMO

So TM and Polly left the courtroom after the closing arguments and never returned for the verdict and sentencing, correct? But Polly was seen afterwards walking out with the M daughter. Then again, Polly going off about "corruption" in the hallway could have been a show for the M daughter who did sit through the verdict/sentencing alone.

*hugs to the M children*

IMO

If SM is paying TM's tab, beginning with his obstruction behaviors and continuing to withhold the bigger story, then he earned his way to prison yesterday. But if he's truly not complicit in the actual crime, then what is the reason for continuing to keep his mouth shut? The stakes for keeping silent are so high.

I guess we'll see, and I agree that the relationship may implode and who knows where that will lead. But, she's either convinced him that there's a price so hefty for talking that it would equal his annihilation, or, he's in so deep alongside her that he can't give her to the state without offering up himself. I do know from witnessing it in a very personal situation that Narcissists, which I believe TM is, are masters of creating trauma bonds via children, threats to all aspects of the victim's life, and gas-lighting so severely that what one might normally do is not what one does in a relationship with a Narc.

I don't say this to give SM any passes. If the pay phone call was in fact a lure, then he was in it from the beginning, although TM may have set him up through some theatrical lie to get her own access to Heather. I think that given what she is, it's hard to know to what extent SM is the same, or not. Again, I'm not reducing him to a hapless victim, but Narcissists are deadly (as the absence of Heather reinforces) and I think that the TM/SM relationship and this crime are both so loaded with secrets and psychologically violent dynamics and layers that it's anyone's guess who owns what, to what extent, and for what reasons. I do think TM is center-stage no matter what the details of the greater story.

If the pay phone call was in fact a lure, then he was in it from the beginning, although TM may have set him up through some theatrical lie to get her own access to Heather.

Knowing now that HE tried to text the payphone, I think he was setting her up. If he was honestly pouring his heart out to her about leaving his wife I feel like he would have mentioned at some point that he was on a payphone.

Knowing now that HE tried to text the payphone, I think he was setting her up. If he was honestly pouring his heart out to her about leaving his wife I feel like he would have mentioned at some point that he was on a payphone.

I think he was setting her up AND pouring his heart out about leaving his wife.

If SM is paying TM's tab, beginning with his obstruction behaviors and continuing to withhold the bigger story, then he earned his way to prison yesterday. But if he's truly not complicit in the actual crime, then what is the reason for continuing to keep his mouth shut? The stakes for keeping silent are so high.

I guess we'll see, and I agree that the relationship may implode and who knows where that will lead. But, she's either convinced him that there's a price so hefty for talking that it would equal his annihilation, or, he's in so deep alongside her that he can't give her to the state without offering up himself. I do know from witnessing it in a very personal situation that Narcissists, which I believe TM is, are masters of creating trauma bonds via children, threats to all aspects of the victim's life, and gas-lighting so severely that what one might normally do is not what one does in a relationship with a Narc.

I don't say this to give SM any passes. If the pay phone call was in fact a lure, then he was in it from the beginning, although TM may have set him up through some theatrical lie to get her own access to Heather. I think that given what she is, it's hard to know to what extent SM is the same, or not. Again, I'm not reducing him to a hapless victim, but Narcissists are deadly (as the absence of Heather reinforces) and I think that the TM/SM relationship and this crime are both so loaded with secrets and psychologically violent dynamics and layers that it's anyone's guess who owns what, to what extent, and for what reasons. I do think TM is center-stage no matter what the details of the greater story.

I think she made him do the dirty work to "prove" his love for her. So he can't say anything, and she has even more power over him than she did before.

I agree 100%. My sister has been married to a Narcissist (true, absolute not just a generalization) and I have also seen 1st hand the carnage they can cause to lives, families of loved ones, strangers and especially the spouse and children who love them. It's like being in a CAT 5 hurricane that has no regard for anything but itself.

I make no excuses for SM in his OOJ charge, he absolutely did that. I just can't say with 100% certainty that he is or isn't the mastermind or the follower, a helper after the fact or during the course of the night Heather went missing. There are literally endless scenarios with the little information we know for certain.

I really hope the truth comes out one day.

I understand what you are saying and agree with everything you said.

IMO

All I'm saying is, how much did he know? I recall that there was a three-way conversation when he told HE it was over, because TM wanted to be in on that and make her mark and send a message to Heather. I think he's a slime. But I think she's truly unhinged. So I find myself wondering to what extent he would be willing to kill Heather or see her killed and knowingly set her up for her murder.

I don't know that we'll ever know, but if he never talks and ends up doing time for murder, that's when it will become clearer, I think. I wish they had hauled her to trial first. SM having a potential opportunity to stay out of prison and raise his kids while she fries might have created more of an incentive.

I think the self-preservation desires of both parties are so convoluted and they are so darkly co-dependent that, depending on what actually happened, it's hard to know what motivates him. I think she had both him and herself convinced that they were bullet-proof and could not be convicted, and how here it is.

I think the self-preservation desires of both parties are so convoluted and they are so darkly co-dependent that, depending on what actually happened, it's hard to know what motivates him. I think she had both him and herself convinced that they were bullet-proof and could not be convicted, and how here it is.

RSBM

Very well said. SM had no motive to kill Heather. Their relationship was over. The ONLY logical conclusion is that the Mrs. was behind this. That doesn't mean SM had no part in it, but I do not believe he started it. She is a very, very dangerous woman.

TM probably left early yesterday to make sure the evidence or whatever was on that phone, was gone!!!! She sure did bolt after the cousins testimony, didn't she?

TM probably left early yesterday to make sure the evidence or whatever was on that phone, was gone!!!! She sure did bolt after the cousins testimony, didn't she?

She sure did! That is probably exactly where she went.

Great point! Hopefully LE still has "eyes" on her.

IMO

I agree 100%. My sister has been married to a Narcissist (true, absolute not just a generalization) and I have also seen 1st hand the carnage they can cause to lives, families of loved ones, strangers and especially the spouse and children who love them. It's like being in a CAT 5 hurricane that has no regard for anything but itself.

I make no excuses for SM in his OOJ charge, he absolutely did that. I just can't say with 100% certainty that he is or isn't the mastermind or the follower, a helper after the fact or during the course of the night Heather went missing. There are literally endless scenarios with the little information we know for certain.

I really hope the truth comes out one day.

I understand what you are saying and agree with everything you said.

IMO

The most precious person in my life is now dead as a result of a marriage to a Narcissist. Your CAT 5 hurricane analogy is straight on. I would add that so is the analogy of a concentration camp.

I too hope this thing blows open and the truth is made known. It would bring Heather home to her family for a dignified laying to rest (hopefully), and it would bring justice in the most exacting way.

RSBM

Very well said. SM had no motive to kill Heather. Their relationship was over. The ONLY logical conclusion is that the Mrs. was behind this. That doesn't mean SM had no part in it, but I do not believe he started it. She is a very, very dangerous woman.

Yes. This.

These are just my thoughts; just trying to analyze the conflicting ideas in my head.

I listened to the Allen Large interview last night? Was this the last interview conducted? I noted that TM seemed more composed than I expected she would be. She seemed to have an answer for everything. She is the one in that interview who brought up the pregnancy test, though I really do not think she was in the truck when he went in to purchase it. It makes NO SENSE. I am just trying to wrap my head around all of these scenarios. On one hand I feel like there is no way she was with him until around the PTL-ish time because of locking of his truck at Wal-Mart, the payphone call (seems like a sneaky-way that TM wouldn’t know about his call). My theory with that idea is that perhaps SM really was missing HE and had heard rumors of her possible pregnancy, called HE told her he wanted to leave his wife and expressed either excitement or concern about the possibility of her being pregnant and made plans to meet up with her (at LB) to give the pregnancy test. Perhaps that exchange did occur, otherwise, I don’t know how she would have gone from calling the payphone back to calling his cell phone very shortly after both of their phones pinged in the same location. Per the pings, from what I can tell, she does travel back home for a short time and then starts to reach out to Sidney again (on his cell, now). I’m assuming maybe she went home to take the test and calls with the results. Somewhere in this time-frame TM catches SM in contact with HE, and she either goes to PTL with or without SM and that’s where the crime occurs. TM and SM dispose of all evidence together, IMO, and then TM grills SM about all of his whereabouts that night (such as the walmart pregnancy test purchase) and that’s how she is able to casually account for his moves in the AL interview.

On the other hand, the one thing that makes me wonder if TM was present during all of this is the fact that SM does indeed have his phone on him. Up to this point, it had been silent for a month with no activity which makes me think TM was in possession of it. And we know TM isn’t handing over that phone without her being there to watch SM’s every move with it.

I think this is the primary issue with the Kidnapping charges – it’s hard to really say who did what. There’s no doubt that both were involved, but proving who did what might be what hangs the jury every time.

Another thing I want to know that I don’t know has been released is the activity on TM’s phone. Were they not released because it corroborates that they were together that night? Or has that information been released and I just missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks