GUILTY PA - Jenna Burleigh, 22, Philadelphia, 31 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

Heartbreaking. I was young and fearless at that age... in the 80's before the age of social media, video cameras, cell phones. There was a guy who spread rumors about a friend of mine. It took my dad's mini cassette recorder and microcassette to prove he lied. No hi res cameraphone, no hi def audio recording, no Snapchat. Such a different world today...for my kids (who I assume make innocent mistakes), I'm sad. For victims like Jenna, I'm glad...if that makes any sense.

I went to school in Hawley!! Does anyone know which gated community yet? I’m trying to reach out to old classmates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I teach in Hawley!

I heard it was Paupackan Lake Estates.

I teach in Hawley!

I heard it was Paupackan Lake Estates.

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking it is! 🤦🏻*♀️ did this kid go to Wallenpaupack!?

I’m asking dumb questions! It’s one of those things that you find out happen where you’re from and your mind is Everywhere!!

I'm 22 and in a decent sized city and I'm always out walking alone at night...

I lived on that campus for 4 years in the late 90s (when it was much worse) and walked alone sometimes... You're really not alone since it's so busy- especially since it was Thursday night- which is usually frat party night.

I lived on that campus for 4 years in the late 90s (when it was much worse) and walked alone sometimes... You're really not alone since it's so busy- especially since it was Thursday night- which is usually frat party night.

Yeah, it does sound like a really busy area. I wonder if any witnesses will come forward.

RIP Jenna. She didn't deserve this one bit. This is always something I'm terrified of happening to me or my friends but always feel like it couldn't REALLY happen... :(

Poor Jenna. Blessings to her family.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

All imo.......good school, bad neighborhood.

Thinking back on myself at her age---I (like many others) felt invincible combined with an overly naive stance on how the would **should** be in a theoretical way. And believing it.
Youth.....

Yes Temple is in a horrible section of the city and it really is not safe for anyone to be out walking those streets day or night. However I think this case is a little different than she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. From what I understand she left the bar with him and then they went to his nearby home. To me it sounds like he wanted sex from her, she refused, they struggled, and he ended up killing her. The fact that he drove so far to dispose of Jenna's body makes me feel like it was somewhat of an accident and he flipped out and didn't know what to do. LE found her and figured out the situation way too quickly for this to be premeditated. All JMO. RIP Jenna.

I have lived in North Philadelphia for 19 years, about a mile north of Temple Campus. North Philadelphia is no more dangerous than any other section of the city. The area around Temple:

1. Generally has a lot of foot traffic.

2. Is well lit, has numerous security cameras, and numerous emergency telephones.

3. Is not only patrolled by the Phila Police, but the Temple University Police; they are not security guards but actual police.

As can be seen in this case, it is difficult to commit a crime and get away with it in this area.

<modsnip>

That could be possible. <modsnip>

I don't think the parents live at the house in Jenkinstown; still they could know about the murder. The grandmother might not have known. The remains were "on the property," but not necessary in view of the grandmother.

I am wondering how JH got the body out of the house.

Yes, that’s what I’m thinking it is! &#129318;&#127995;*&#9792;&#65039; did this kid go to Wallenpaupack!?

I don't think he went there because it said his grandmother lives there so I assume he doesn't. Plus no one local seems to know him or his name. It's just craziness. The community is literally 7 minutes from my house (I google mapped it). Just super sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back