Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police think Julie Cutler is victim of foul play.
Not sure Julie up to speed on driving car into ocean.
Julie disappeared from a staff party at 14 Mill st @Parmelia hotel.
Julie reported her roadside encounter to police and family.. Police will have the report.

Police want to speak to a 'man and a woman' who walked out behind Julie from the Parmelia staff party where uni student Julie worked.

http://www.watoday.com.au/wa-news/c...-of-missing-and-murdered-20161231-gtk9el.html
With regard to the wallet, perhaps that morning Julie had gone to work, leaving her wallet at home, just taking some loose cash with her. If someone had followed Julie beforehand, she was probably quite spooked, and after the work function, in the car park she may have noticed someone hanging around and rather than getting in the fiat, which had manual locks, thought it better to seek company in the café. Perhaps that’s why the clothes were left at the café; Julie accidentally left them because she got spooked or was nervous.

These are only my thoughts and opinion.
The sinister explanation, in theory, would go somewhat like this:
The recruit in the 1986 news article, graduated and became a copper, and was stationed at Claremont or Cottesloe, or lived in Cottesloe. Driving along Stirling Hwy after an afternoon shift for some reason got into the altercation with the Fiat which Julie reported to her parents and the police. He's allocated the report. He loses his rag after being so close to being thrown out before. Broke into the flat for some perverted reason, maybe to throw the investigation onto another suspect. On the fateful night, came across the Fiat again. This time, he's recognized and so something happens and decides to stage it as a suicide so plonks the Fiat is in the drink and gets rid of Julie. He has some of her possessions. He breaks into her flat again and puts the Wallet back wiping any evidence. Realises later that he also has bag of clothes, wipes the bag clean and dumps it at a cafe to obfuscate the investigation. Somehow he's allocated some of this investigation and "fixes" things.

Maybe the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes, death by misadventure, or a murder. Maybe someone has the key piece of overlooked evidence to unlock this?

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

The recruit in the 1986 news article, graduated and became a copper, and was stationed at Claremont or Cottesloe, or lived in Cottesloe. Driving along Stirling Hwy after an afternoonor some reason got into the altercation with the Fiat which Julie reported to her parents and the police.
Do you have a link to news article please?Very interesting.

Cutler went missing Winter Solstice. Smells of psychopath.

The police recruit obviously alcoholic. The police force must know who this person is.

What did LWs father do for living?

This recruit certainly a contender. We will have to wait to see who he, "the one who was not worthy" might be. #cutler

http://www.news.com.au/news/vanishe...g/news-story/1f9da6564bf58fdfb6f6532c5e7b5d2f

ad7d4fe5dc3b3caf83ecad0dd323fd7e.jpg

The police recruit obviously alcoholic. The police force must know who this person is.

What did LWs father do for living?

ad7d4fe5dc3b3caf83ecad0dd323fd7e.jpg
Of course they would full well who this recruit is. They would know his shifts and where he was stationed back then. Anyway, he would've been on their radar again and onto it quick after he had an adverse finding in the Pamela Lawrence Royal Commission showing that he tampered with Button's statement. He's probably been excluded from suspicion early on.
Or my guess could be wrong any he's been totally overlooked and forgotten about so has never been considered.

There are so many different theories and that's what makes this thread so great. In regards to SS abduction it may be simple. If she was alone slightly inebriated and just wanted to get home you would see how her guard could be down and if BRE was watching from afar would be able to take advantage of this. She called for a cab perhaps he pretended to be her taxi ride home. Younger people tend to take more risks especially after a few drinks. She may have willingly got in and thought he was the taxi she had booked. Perhaps once she got in the car it was quick death not prolonged as all victims were found a long way away from Claremont I can't imagine being a killer and driving a long distance with someone fighting back or screaming. I also can't imagine him doing pit stops and getting them in and out the car as he has more chance of being noticed and leaving evidence behind. Im wondering if cause of death was strangulation- its personal if he has a hatred of well to do women and not messy like a stabbing. This way even if he was pulled over by police whilst driving he could just say they were his gf and passed out from being drunk. Going on what little we know about him he has always blended in and I believe his crimes if we ever find out more details also will reflect this.

Of course they would full well who this recruit is. They would know his shifts and where he was stationed back then. Anyway, he would've been on their radar again and onto it quick after he had an adverse finding in the Pamela Lawrence Royal Commission showing that he tampered with Button's statement. He's probably been excluded from suspicion early on.
Or my guess could be wrong any he's been totally overlooked and forgotten about so has never been considered.

That is very very interesting. #lawrence #evidence Setup

This stinks of police corruption and a bat **** crazy copper

Evidence disappears, then reappears years later.

Pam murdered in 'motiveless' crime.

A bloke found hung in his prison cops the blame. #mosmanpark #stirlinghwy #sharonmason

There are so many different theories and that's what makes this thread so great. In regards to SS abduction it may be simple. If she was alone slightly inebriated and just wanted to get home you would see how her guard could be down and if BRE was watching from afar would be able to take advantage of this. She called for a cab perhaps he pretended to be her taxi ride home. Younger people tend to take more risks especially after a few drinks. She may have willingly got in and thought he was the taxi she had booked. Perhaps once she got in the car it was quick death not prolonged as all victims were found a long way away from Claremont I can't imagine being a killer and driving a long distance with someone fighting back or screaming. I also can't imagine him doing pit stops and getting them in and out the car as he has more chance of being noticed and leaving evidence behind. Im wondering if cause of death was strangulation- its personal if he has a hatred of well to do women and not messy like a stabbing. This way even if he was pulled over by police whilst driving he could just say they were his gf and passed out from being drunk. Going on what little we know about him he has always blended in and I believe his crimes if we ever find out more details also will reflect this.

On the money there Id say. Strangulation prevents DNA and blood all over the car.

I believe however, the girls from Iona were targeted, on a mental list, abducted when the window of opportunity opened.
Possibly listening in who was ringing cabs and stalked, sometimes from the Ocean Beach hotel carpark as per another girl dragged from one car another.
Jane Rimmers mother worked at a hotel nearby.

No doubt all these witnesses in dialogue with police.

On the money there Id say. Strangulation prevents DNA and blood all over the car.

I believe however, the girls from Iona were targeted, on a mental list, abducted when the window of opportunity opened.
Possibly listening in who was ringing cabs and stalked, sometimes from the Ocean Beach hotel carpark as per another girl dragged from one car another.
Jane Rimmers mother worked at a hotel nearby.

No doubt all these witnesses in dialogue with police.

Victims of strangulation generally urinate and defecate during the process. Lots of DNA etc not to mention the obvious problems if police traffic stop occurs. IMO the victims would have been rendered unconscious by more passive means then (at a quieter nearby location) put in the boot/back of wagon and covered up.

Victims of strangulation generally urinate and defecate during the process. Lots of DNA etc not to mention the obvious problems if police traffic stop occurs. IMO the victims would have been rendered unconscious by more passive means then (at a quieter nearby location) put in the boot/back of wagon and covered up.

How you do non strangulate by more passive means is beyond me while driving a car inside a car.

It would appear whoever it was, had a degree in murder.
Lots of study and reading of fictional murder stories to ascertain minimal trace of activity.
Someone who has read about serial murderers of the world.
More than the jealous boyfriend type.

KingKebabs.CentrewayArcade.

Now known as 160Central.
Previously known as Paragon Arcade, Centreway Arcade, and before that Zimpels Arcade.
http://www.160central.com/Core/Content/Public-Home-Page/Content1009.aspx
http://purl.slwa.wa.gov.au/slwa_b3799996_10
http://purl.slwa.wa.gov.au/slwa_b3799996_28
http://purl.slwa.wa.gov.au/slwa_b3799996_2
attachment.php

9ce476bfa9ce49c4a44280e5d1c5ad3e.jpg

IMO, there's not much evidentry value in her clothes being found here, other than it's near The Parmelia Hilton Hotel on the way to and from the old Train Station, or maybe The old Perth City Police Station in Curtin House on Beaufort St

Attachments

• PerthMap.jpg
    PerthMap.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 119

Petedavo,

I think you mean Mallard instead of Button. Button was the one who was falsely imprisoned for one of Eric Cookes murders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/police-find-missing-simon-rochford-murder-weapon/6769658

How you do non strangulate by more passive means is beyond me while driving a car inside a car.

It would appear whoever it was, had a degree in murder.
Lots of study and reading of fictional murder stories to ascertain minimal trace of activity.
Someone who has read about serial murderers of the world.
More than the jealous boyfriend type.

Ummmm... Who said 'non strangulate'? Is that a real term? Anyway.....Chloroform, wack on the head (infinitely more passive than strangulation), entice victim into car by pretending to be a copper, fake taxi etc etc etc. Pull car over on pretext of engine trouble, getting tapes from under seat (see Ivan Milat/Paul Onions) etc etc. It doesn't take a genius to work out. Im intellectually incaple according to Spooks but can still work this out. Can't do maths well but. Number 8 stumps me

I was suggesting, that without being inside someone else's head, we can't say that the number eight idea is garbage. For all we know, it may have had great significance. We can't rule it out just because it doesn't appeal to us personally.
Numbers have a lot of meaning for a lot of people.
Google has a lot of information on the meaning of the number 8.
Weren't the Police looking for human tissue at Weygers? Why? Apparently the number 8 has something to do with circumcision as well as many other things?

moo

Rule it out then because it has nothing to do with this case. The Derailment_Train's theory that it had something to do with this case was based on there being 80 km in distance between the bodies of CG and JR.

That's incorrect there is 78. 38 give or take 100 metres. So whatever number 8 means to your culture, beliefs or values it doesn't relate to the bodies of these two victims.

Hi D_Train
Welcome!
Please could you explain your findings about the numerology more? I'm interested to know the significance of the number 8.

Also if you are new to forums like this, please know it's easier to ignore other sleuths here that are closed-minded and intellectually incapable of considering other sleuths opinions, especially the opinions of new sleuths bringing fresh ideas.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

...and someone else just jumped onto the Derailment_Train.

Must have been too narrowly focused to see what it was, IMO.

Ummmm... Who said 'non strangulate'? Is that a real term? Anyway.....Chloroform, wack on the head (infinitely more passive than strangulation), entice victim into car by pretending to be a copper, fake taxi etc etc etc. Pull car over on pretext of engine trouble, getting tapes from under seat (see Ivan Milat/Paul Onions) etc etc. It doesn't take a genius to work out. Im intellectually incaple according to Spooks but can still work this out. Can't do maths well but. Number 8 stumps me
If the vehicle was the white Commodore, SS may have thought it was a taxi. Perhaps she sat in the back seat, like some people do, and once realized the taxi equipment wasn't there, was too afraid to do anything. Most young women would feel terrified. Did those Commodore's have central locking?

It's possible she left her wallet at home, but not likely. Where would she have kept her driver's license?

Maybe in her handbag that was never recovered!

Daily News Friday 1[SUP]st[/SUP] July 1988 pg 3

Missing Items Hold Key to Julie Mystery by Norm Aisbett

A missing shoulder bag and a set of clothes are adding to the mystery of vanished Fremantle woman Julie Leanne Cutler. Police can’t understand why neither item has washed up on Cottesloe beach, where her Fiat sedan was found last week.

Party
While they refuse to speculate, it does raise doubt on whether she was in the car when it was scuttled. The police say Julie, 22, was carrying both items when she left a staff party at the Parmelia Hilton Hotel about 12.30am on Monday June 20. She was last seen in the hotel’s staff carpark unlocking her vehicle. The missing items puzzle was explained by major crime quad Detective Senior Constable Ron Carey who is working on the case with Det-Sgt Vince Katich.

He said they were anxious for any information about the bag and clothes. They hope their recovery will help establish Julie’s movements. The light brown leather shoulder bag was about 30 cm long and about 22 cm deep. It had a fold over flap and contained the usual female accessories.

The clothing items were the white blouse and black skirt wore in her job at the Parmelia. These were in a white plastic bag. Julie had changed out of the work clothes at 10pm on Sunday, June 19 when she finished work in the hotel and prepared for the staff only party in the hotel nightclub..

Det. Carey said interviews with hotel staff had established Julie walked to her car with the plastic bag containing the clothes in her left hand. A senior male employee spoke to her briefly before she walked off to the passenger’s side of her vehicle to unlock it – apparently because the driver’s door could not be unlocked from the outside. He did not see her get into the car.

When the car was found in the Cottesloe surf, both front doors were unlocked, the driver’s door open and flapping in the water. All of the windows were shut except for the driver’s window.

The recruit in the 1986 news article, graduated and became a copper, and was stationed at Claremont or Cottesloe, or lived in Cottesloe. Driving along Stirling Hwy after an afternoon shift for some reason got into the altercation with the Fiat which Julie reported to her parents and the police. He's allocated the report. He loses his rag after being so close to being thrown out before. Broke into the flat for some perverted reason, maybe to throw the investigation onto another suspect. On the fateful night, came across the Fiat again. This time, he's recognized and so something happens and decides to stage it as a suicide so plonks the Fiat is in the drink and gets rid of Julie. He has some of her possessions. He breaks into her flat again and puts the Wallet back wiping any evidence. Realises later that he also has bag of clothes, wipes the bag clean and dumps it at a cafe to obfuscate the investigation. Somehow he's allocated some of this investigation and "fixes" things.

Maybe the truth lies somewhere between the two extremes, death by misadventure, or a murder. Maybe someone has the key piece of overlooked evidence to unlock this?

PeteDavo, while I think your police recruit suspect may have been up to a few things on behalf of a few police, and got to not only keep his job he was promoted even though adverse royal commission findings on him in the Mallard affair IMO he wan't near JC.

This is the over looked evidence IMO. Took 12 years to publish in newspaper when silver fox was in charge of CIB, and in last news paper reports Katich was ruling out driving off groyne, could have entered off boat ramp but not caused the damage when this investigation was quickly buried IMO.

attachment.php

Source: The Sunday Times 16th July, 2000

Attachments

• Car_JC_Cott.jpg
    Car_JC_Cott.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 233
Petedavo,

I think you mean Mallard instead of Button. Button was the one who was falsely imprisoned for one of Eric Cookes murders.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-11/police-find-missing-simon-rochford-murder-weapon/6769658
You are correct, it was Mallard. I had a gander at the CCC reports again, and to be more precise it was witness statements and a search warrant that's mentioned. Although he only took down notes and inserted some things in between paragraphs afterwards apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member