Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to agree to whomever said that the car was parked there in hopes that it may be stolen during the hurricane because the keys were left in the car. Obviously someone decided to mess with the car when they detained those two people early on! Plus, who would really look for CM's car at a Motel 6? These are just my thoughts!

I think kirkassoc is thinking about someone needing an insurance payout. Who's the beneficiary?
BTW, Mercedes don't depreciate much in value. It is at least valued at $20,000.

I never thought of that angle it would be interesting to know if Crystal had life insurance and who would benefit upon her death.

I wonder if any tenants would really know anything anyway. In a situation like they were in, i.e. an imminent disaster being predicted, they were likely 99.9% focused on their own situation and likely not paying attention to much else.

I find it very hard to believe that the hotel has no security cams.

I think they do, but If I remember reading correctly the LE could not get anything off of them. I assume they did not have a camera pointed toward the parking lot possibly.

I wonder, on average, if motel 6 in that town is a busy place. Why would it be? Is there an attraction in that town that gets motels full? How many people could they be looking for that was there those couple of days I wonder.

J.M.O.

I wonder, on average, if motel 6 in that town is a busy place. Why would it be? Is there an attraction in that town that gets motels full? How many people could they be looking for that was there those couple of days I wonder.

J.M.O.
You would really be surprised when the nicer hotels fill up, people will take what they can get. Also, lots of truckers, drifters, and "one nighters" use hotels like this a lot. So, you just never know really ☹️

J.M.O.

I always wonder that when I see dodgy hotels in random parts of town. I definitely wouldn't consider Baytown to be any sort of tourist destination. I doubt that place is ever at max capacity.

I can tell you that there is a Motel 6 in Kentucky that has been raided twice for meth cooking.

J.M.O.

On the day that mattered - the day she went missing and the day before the hurricane there was a mandatory evacuation at the coast. So I imagine it was super busy. Although, she said traffic wasn't bad at 7:30.

I never thought of that angle it would be interesting to know if Crystal had life insurance and who would benefit upon her death.
Shades of Teresa Sievers with that angle.

I was thinking ......... is it possible she got money when her parents died?
I dont know the how or why bu she was young. If an accident a settlement possibly and insurance from both parents. Food for thought.
Jmo

Some sketchy motels are used to put up people while they wait for public housing. Homeless youth or single parents with nowhere to go. The government pays the motel to house them until a long term space opens up.

Not sure if this is done in Texas but it's common in some states. Attracts rough crowds at times. I worked for a company that helped kids and stories from these motels were bad.

Shades of Teresa Sievers with that angle.

I was thinking ......... is it possible she got money when her parents died?
I dont know the how or why bu she was young. If an accident a settlement possibly and insurance from both parents. Food for thought.
Jmo

I had tried to find out what happened with her parents but nothing turned up when I googled them. Although I did find out she used her mom's maiden name and her dad and uncle Jeff were brothers. Her parents died 6 months apart. Oct 1993 and March 1994

Hey there everyone! I'm new, have been a lurker. Reading, reading, reading.

I don't know Miss Crystal but do live directly south of Baytown, Although
it's been a few years since I went there for any reason.

To the best of my memory, our area wasn't ecpecting the initial direct hit from Harvey. Corpus was. I was very concerned for my brother, a first responder that lives there and could not evacuate. Harvey was a slow mover and hung out over our area, dumping RAIN. I honestly can't remember the first night we kept watch over the water rising towards our home (it was a long stressful week) but I think most people stayed because there were only voluntary evacs going on here for the most part. Even Dickinson (south of me) didn't call for a mandatory evac until AFTER the town was flooded out. I have a relative that lives on Galveston island and They didn't evacuate, if that tells you anything. I've lived one the gulf coast the majority of of my life, the hurricanes and tropical storms are just so unpreductable no matter how much the meteorologists try to predict where they will fall.

I believe some folks took shelter at that motel 6 for whatever reason, from what I could gather online while the storm was raging. So it may have had quite a few guests at that time.

Off to run errands but I'll be back.

To the person that said they were sitting in their home last night, the dogs alerted and they heard a voice say "someone's here": where did that voice come from? Inside your home? Outside? Just curious. Very eery!

I was wondering that too clu...because she was planning on taking them on a cruise without their father...couldn't that pose a problem???

:dunno:

ETA: Oh i see now, split custody...but the question remains? how does that work when travelling (out of country??) with the kids???

:thinking:
There has to be permission granted from the other parent to remove the children from the country, so many days and often applies when leaving the state. However, it is a little less hectic when the other party just agrees in writing in front of a notary. I have been through this alot with family members.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Was one of them the person who said bf was a respected diamond broker?

The diamond broker thing stuck in my mind, because of some negative experience I've had with diamond brokers.
Have you read reviews?? On this one?

"According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Houston is one of the largest hubs for human trafficking in the nation and the largest hub in Texas. Houston has over 200 active brothels, with two new openings each month." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Texas "Motel 6 pays $250,000 to settle human trafficking suit." "one of the chain's locations was a base for human traffickers, drug dealers and gang members, prosecutors said" - Aug 31st 2017 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/motel-6-pays-250000-to-settle-human-trafficking-suit/ Another possibility. She looked a lot younger than 38 and was pretty. I wonder how many Motel 6's have been used for human trafficking?

"According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Houston is one of the largest hubs for human trafficking in the nation and the largest hub in Texas. Houston has over 200 active brothels, with two new openings each month." - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_trafficking_in_Texas "Motel 6 pays $250,000 to settle human trafficking suit." "one of the chain's locations was a base for human traffickers, drug dealers and gang members, prosecutors said" - Aug 31st 2017 https://www.cbsnews.com/news/motel-6-pays-250000-to-settle-human-trafficking-suit/ Another possibility. She looked a lot younger than 38 and was pretty. I wonder how many Motel 6's have been used for human trafficking?

This is really great information! Thank you for posting this!

I bounce all over the place. 5 minutes bf, next 5 the ex, next 5 neither. Whew! I'm getting dizzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member